What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Phenomenon Of “Let’s Go Brandon” Chants (1 Viewer)

When my three year old throws a tantrum, I try really hard to figure out what's going on with him.

"Use your words, I'll try to help you but you have to talk to me. If you need something, I'll try to help."

... still carrying on...

"Do you need to wash your hands? Do you need me to help you get a toy?"

*he gives me the look*

"OK, if you hit me or you're getting a time out."

"No daddy, you're going to get a time out!" = Let's go Brandon. ..Ha ha. Always gets a smile from me. Now I get him to smile back. Good times. But not for you. You're an adult.

We took from you what you don't deserve. Your dear leader got voted out- because he had it coming. Get over it and grow the #### up. You want US to set a better example? You want to be coddled for acting like a bunch of cult losers that tried to change the results of an election? GTFO. 

This is hands down the creepiest thing I’ve ever read here. 

not really.....yes, if you came out and posted "F Joe Biden" in a thread and looked to pile on him, without this chant actually being a thing, then yes, I could see it being a suspension worthy post. But its not, the chant and phrase has captured a ton of public gatherings lately and as the OP said, his now a #1 song. 

For the President with "The most votes ever" the winds of dissent seem to be blowing loud. 

IMO, I think we as a country are elbow deep in "other side hate" politics and this is the next level of the "Not my president" movement. I dont want to think what the level after this is. 

But I also think a lot of people are waking up to the overall "do nothing" Washington politics, where they wave their fingers at you but then do what they want and flaunt it in your face. IMO, I think its time that Washington starts hearing from us a bit louder. Fro the last 4 yerars, we've been lectured to about what the definition of our 1st amendment right is....so here you go. 

Interesting that you put most votes ever in quotes.

You might be missing the point. Everyone knows what "Let's go Brandon!" really means. A thread in the PSF that is euphemistically titled "F*** Joe Biden" would seem to be something that the proprietor of this site would be very much against, and would have inspired serious suspensions not too long ago. 
No, no Herb.  Don't you do the Twitter?  I don't either, but, this is the kind of stuff they mean when they tweeter it.  #letsgobrandon

It means drop the ice cream sandwich and go do the job.  People didn't elect you to get meat prices to $30/pound and gas to $5/gallon.  Jiminy Crickets.

No, no Herb.  Don't you do the Twitter?  I don't either, but, this is the kind of stuff they mean when they tweeter it.  #letsgobrandon

It means drop the ice cream sandwich and go do the job.  People didn't elect you to get meat prices to $30/pound and gas to $5/gallon.  Jiminy Crickets.
Is $30/lb for USDA Prime ribeye really that bad?  I wouldn't pay it myself, but it doesn't seem crazy.

Interesting that you put most votes ever in quotes.
Meh, Its because I still have a hard time believing it. 🤷‍♂️  I'm not saying i'm running around screaming "the election was rigged," but I am a suspicious person by nature and (IMO) there are enough holes in our election process to raise eyebrows. And keeping with the spirit of the thread, watching this overall volume of the LGB movement vs the lack of visible support Biden is getting when he goes out makes me wonder where these 81 Million people are? 

Meh, Its because I still have a hard time believing it. 🤷‍♂️  I'm not saying i'm running around screaming "the election was rigged," but I am a suspicious person by nature and (IMO) there are enough holes in our election process to raise eyebrows. And keeping with the spirit of the thread, watching this overall volume of the LGB movement vs the lack of visible support Biden is getting when he goes out makes me wonder where these 81 Million people are? 
hint: all over and they're very much not Trump fans

hint: all over and they're very much not Trump fans
I guess, I haven't personally go out and counted. But they are awfully quiet. Trump fans or not, you cant deny the old Joe has his share of "not fans" and they are letting him know about it. 

But then again Trump isnt the President, so what does that have to do with the topic? Oh right...you cant defend Joe without saying "But not Trump" 

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump got like 74 million votes. If a fraction of them would care enough to buy a Lets go Brandon song or bumper sticker what have you it's a lot of people. 

For this votes thing. Did you follow the AZ recount for instance? Read up on that, how many times they did it, who did it and see if you think the votes can be off.

I guess, I haven't personally go out and counted. But they are awfully quiet. Trump fans or not, you cant deny the old Joe has his share of "not fans" and they are letting him know about it. 

But then again Trump isnt the President, so what does that have to do with the topic? 
You asked how could Joe have received so many votes; I answered because those voters came out against Trump.   Better?

Hey, I have a hard time believing Trump got 74M votes but I’m not saying his 74M votes aren’t real.

The issue here is that it's a Democrat vs Trump Conservative thing.

Trump could do anything wrong, and the majority of his supporters just turned a blind eye, covered their ears and went "nah, nah, nah, nah".  By in large, Fox and Breitbart just chose not to run the story, or they offer excuses.

When Biden does something wrong, he gets called out by Democrats, and even by the MSM.  They were all over him for the pullout in Afghanistan.  The Conservative networks would have never did this to Trump. 

Trump got like 74 million votes. If a fraction of them would care enough to buy a Lets go Brandon song or bumper sticker what have you it's a lot of people. 

For this votes thing. Did you follow the AZ recount for instance? Read up on that, how many times they did it, who did it and see if you think the votes can be off.
and if a fraction of those 81 million were loyal, Joe wouldn't have a 42% and dropping approval rating (yes I know this is today vs last year and a lot goes into ratings).

And I dont honestly care about the AZ recount, I dont trust the govt as a whole. And that started a long time before this past election. Maybe i'm a bad American, but I think the fed has too much power and if they really want something they have ways of swinging it in their favor, regardless of if its good for the country or not. 

and if a fraction of those 81 million were loyal, Joe wouldn't have a 42% and dropping approval rating (yes I know this is today vs last year and a lot goes into ratings).

And I dont honestly care about the AZ recount, I dont trust the govt as a whole. And that started a long time before this past election. Maybe i'm a bad American, but I think the fed has too much power and if they really want something they have ways of swinging it in their favor, regardless of if its good for the country or not. 

So you're saying you believe the election was fixed?  by "the fed" ?

As mentioned, Democrats are not Trump Republicans.  They will disapprove of their guy if he screws things up.  It doesn't mean they are voting Republican next election, but they will let their leader know that he's currently sucking.

So you're saying you believe the election was fixed?  by "the fed" ?
I didnt say that and dont put words in my mouth. All I said from the beginning is that I was suspicious of this election, but find me 1 example here or anywhere where I defended holding up the results, demanding recounts or any other form pounding for a "rigged election." You won't I accepted it and moved on and grabbed my popcorn to watch the ####show unfold. 

What I did say, if comprehension is such a problem, is that the fed (made up of many influential people) has a lot of influence over many things both in our faces and behind closed doors. And if they wanted policy or events to bend in any favor they prefer, they have the power to do it. I never said "This election" in the statement you bolded. I was defending why I have overall distrust in the gov't. So when the idea of a possibly rigged election comes up, I give it a 'eh could happen" and go about my day. Thats all. 

Why would we be loyal?  I happily voted for Biden and would do so again if the other choice was Trump, but that doesn't mean I approve of his administration.  I don't give my support via blind loyalty, he needs to earn it.

I didnt say that and dont put words in my mouth. All I said from the beginning is that I was suspicious of this election, but find me 1 example here or anywhere where I defended holding up the results, demanding recounts or any other form pounding for a "rigged election." You won't I accepted it and moved on and grabbed my popcorn to watch the ####show unfold. 

What I did say, if comprehension is such a problem, is that the fed (made up of many influential people) has a lot of influence over many things both in our faces and behind closed doors. And if they wanted policy or events to bend in any favor they prefer, they have the power to do it. I never said "This election" in the statement you bolded. I was defending why I have overall distrust in the gov't. So when the idea of a possibly rigged election comes up, I give it a 'eh could happen" and go about my day. Thats all. 
Fair enough and glad you didn't join in on the recount BS.

Agree on the bolded.

I'm just saying this "Let's Go Brandon" popularity is a function of the media you choose to read in my estimation. This is a thing for highly partisan types and is not any way to gauge that the last election was suspect.

I love that he beat Trump. Mission accomplished.

and the mission also brought open borders, dead Americans and a collapse in Afghanistan, a few hundred thousand more dead from covid, 5-6 trillion in added debt, highest inflation since Carter and enough evidence to show Biden was not mentally fit to be elected....that's in 6-7 months

mission accomplished eh ?

and the mission also brought open borders, dead Americans and a collapse in Afghanistan, a few hundred thousand more dead from covid, 5-6 trillion in added debt, highest inflation since Carter and enough evidence to show Biden was not mentally fit to be elected....that's in 6-7 months

mission accomplished eh ?
Yup. Good job Joe!

Passed an RV sales park in Southern Missouri last night. The electronic billboard flashes “Let’s Go Brandon”. I was surprised, but I guess I shouldn’t be.  Seems better than the Congressman wearing the LGB mask. 

You might be missing the point. Everyone knows what "Let's go Brandon!" really means. A thread in the PSF that is euphemistically titled "F*** Joe Biden" would seem to be something that the proprietor of this site would be very much against, and would have inspired serious suspensions not too long ago. 

I don't think anyone's missing the point. This thread was instantly reported by a ton of people who I don't remember having any problem with awful stuff said about the last president.

And for what's it's worth, I wouldn't say "everyone knows what it means". I didn't know what it meant until reading this thread.

Of course the "F Joe Biden" stuff isn't allowed here. I'd prefer we not have to get into a translation game and keep a list of every imaginable phrase people think means something completely different than the words in the phrase. But if that's what the Brandon thing means, I'd prefer we not say it here. 

But that's very different from being able to discuss the fact it's being chanted in so many places. I think we can civilly discuss that if that's possible. 

Mainly, I'd hope we can be cool and not force the mods to play kindergarten monitor. Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread