What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

amen (1 Viewer)

dkp993 said:
Thank you for this @wikkidpissah.  

Sometimes I’m convinced Peterson is a genius.  Other times I’m sure he couldn’t be more wrong.  Here he’s genius.  

he's one of my favorite people even when he's off the deep end, because i truly believe he's trying to find answers for us. the human race is presently working without a code. and it shows. i didnt like the old rules and most of those ways and was a gleeful member of the societal wave which tossed off its control. but i never imagined we would go without. for years, i looked for others with whom to assembly on new guidelines, but they were all in hot tubs and Humvees. as FFAppers who know me know, i lifecoach several dozen folks thru these turbulent times as i have been working on an Owner's Manual for the Human Personality these last 15 yrs or so but, every time i bring it up here, i get a smattering of "ooh, yeah"s and very little 2nd-level interest except from those who are in real trouble. well, we're all in very big trouble - everybody thinks they're the Tom Brady of living, without considering how much playbook & practice & personal restriction goes into being Tom Brady. the improvised life is the incomplete life and society will continue to suffer the consequences even before it turns on itself on a large scale as it has done so many times in the past..

the Jordan Petersons, Stephen Pinkers, Helen Pluckroses are mining the ground between strict & silly, selfish & altruistic, laissez-faire and ''Lord have mercy' and are coming up with mostly trouble from both sides. Peterson has responded poorly so far (allowing his vehement Solzhenitsynian anti-leftism to be exploited by the right) and his personal troubles have magnified it but he remains a genuine hero of thought & action.

Last edited by a moderator:
dkp993 said:
Sometimes I’m convinced Peterson is a genius.  Other times I’m sure he couldn’t be more wrong.  Here he’s genius.  
I'm a fan. I think he's exasperatingly and starkly wrong about a number of things. But he articulates his position well, and I believe he always argues in good faith. He doesn't intentionally misrepresent the positions he disagrees with. He's polite. He's thoughtful. And no matter how exasperatingly wrong he can be, he's a force for good in the public discourse. Sometimes he's even right about stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread