What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THIS IS THEIR BEST SONG! - Music Draft - Saturday Night's Alright for iFighting (1 Viewer)

Northern Voice

Footballguy
GOOGLE SHEET https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kIcse_xsKVKMmu1bo8SJzzHf-fgmjQ1E6Py1NVyCmhc/edit#gid=0

As discussed in the other thread, the basic idea is this:

• Every band/artist in the world is eligible to be drafted but,
  • Once one of their songs is taken, they are off the board for everyone!
BEST in this instance is whatever you want it to be. It does not have to be a song that is generally regarded to be their best by the public. In other words, HOT TAKES are welcome.

The purpose of these drafts, generally for me anyway, is to generate discussion and hear new music, so if in your opinion the best/your favourite song by an artist is a deep cut, by all means go ahead and pick it. If there is a band that you have a very strong opinion about their best song, better grab it early before someone else does.

THEMES/MIXES/SHTICK as always are welcome but not necessary.

This draft will be both very deep (because at the start every song in existence is available to be picked) but also scarcity will be a factor with every one only able to be picked first - so you'll need to get your favourites early.

----

In terms of timing, we'll do sign up tomorrow and potentially a slow start Friday and threw the weekend where it will be open to latecomers and then we'll pick up the pace next week.

I think this all makes sense but if there are issues/questions/raise them below, it's entirely possible I haven't fully thought this through.

We will determine number of rounds and things like that when we have a better idea of who is in.

Last edited by a moderator:
11Dr_Zaius

12Yo Mama

13JZilla

14Raging Weasel

15Pip's Invitation

16Northern Voice

17Chaos Commish

18Dr. Octopus

19landrys hat

110Eephus

111higgins

112rockaction

113Binky The Doormat

114Steve Tasker

115Uruk-Hai

116Karma Police

117simsarge

118squistion

119tuffnutt

120krista4

121El Floppo

122Manster

123Mrs Rannous

124Juxtatrot

125Maik Jeaunz

126Master CIA

127TripItUp

128Ron Swanson

129The Dreaded Marco

130dickey moe

131Ilov80s

132Doug B

133Captain Cranks

I have never participated in any of these drafts...but if I can pick any song of a band that I think is their best, then I would like to try.

IN  :yes:   

just starting looking at potential artists/songs ...wow - I really think we need to break this into separate drafts by decade.  So much out there - and it would make for a lot better and cohesive mix lists.  

request input.

ETA:  AND we get to reuse the artist in each decade if applicable - again ...much better mixes.

ETA 2:  AND possibly allow each drafter one or two veto/revotes on others picks of best song a particular artist.  Multiple requests to veto could be tie-broken through some set of rules the nerds could come up with.

just starting looking at potential artists/songs ...wow - I really think we need to break this into separate drafts by decade.  So much out there - and it would make for a lot better and cohesive mix lists.  

request input.

ETA:  AND we get to reuse the artist in each decade if applicable - again ...much better mixes.

ETA 2:  AND possibly allow each drafter one or two veto/revotes on others picks of best song a particular artist.  Multiple requests to veto could be tie-broken through some set of rules the nerds could come up with.
I love ya, Bink, but I disagree with all of this. This should (and needs to) be a bloodbath. If, as I suspect, the "random" (I think Eephus doesn't like me when he slots these draft orders) dice stick me somewhere between you, weasel, landry's hat, krista, and simey. 

I love ya, Bink, but I disagree with all of this. This should (and needs to) be a bloodbath. If, as I suspect, the "random" (I think Eephus doesn't like me when he slots these draft orders) dice stick me somewhere between you, weasel, landry's hat, krista, and simey. 

Yeah, what he is calling for is too complicated IMO. I like the concept of having just one artist/band and one song choice only. 

squistion said:
I have never participated in any of these drafts...but if I can pick any song of a band that I think is their best, then I would like to try.

IN  :yes:   
You can- unless that band has already been drafted. Once someone drafts a song by a band/artist, they are done for the entire draft. 

Users who are viewing this thread