What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THIS IS THEIR BEST SONG! - Music Draft - Saturday Night's Alright for iFighting (1 Viewer)

I am so damn busy during the days. I wasn't able to participate much in the RS500 draft, other than dropping in to make a pick and leave.  Probably be the same with this one......but what the hell, I'm in.

No themes or schtick required?

I am so damn busy during the days. I wasn't able to participate much in the RS500 draft, other than dropping in to make a pick and leave.  Probably be the same with this one......but what the hell, I'm in.

No themes or schtick required?

Um, I think of picking one song for any band is enough of a schtick...

Yikes over 500 bands/artists to be drafted?  My list will be decimated by the end of the 2nd round. 

Not trying to make it more difficult, but...

NV, wondering if because you have so many people involved, we might wish to do two picks per artist?  That would also allow for more dispute/haranguing/hot takes as there would be an argument for one vs. the other.

Not trying to make it more difficult, but...

NV, wondering if because you have so many people involved, we might wish to do two picks per artist?  That would also allow for more dispute/haranguing/hot takes as there would be an argument for one vs. the other.
I get where you're coming from but... lots of bands out there. There will be lots of carnage but that's what we're here for. :stirspot:

That would also allow for more dispute/haranguing/hot takes as there would be an argument for one vs. the other.

I get where you're coming from but... lots of bands out there. There will be lots of carnage but that's what we're here for. :stirspot:

I get where you're coming from but would reiterate the bold.  :lol:   I'm not sure which would result in more carnage.  I'm all for more.

Unlikely you will get these...
Agreed. The first round is going to wipe out most of the conventional Mount Rushmore artists and the next round or two will clean up any strays. We've got - what? - 30 drafters? Good luck to anyone hoping to get Terry Jacks, Lou Bega, AND Jimmy Gilmer.

After that, I suspect the draft will fall into a more normal rhythm.

When is this going to start up? Thinking of giving it a shot. I haven't done one of these drafts in forever. 

I was actually asking about that old Genrepalooza draft. With 3788 artists alone that must've been a long draft with a lot of participants.

There were 7462 songs drafted, probably a few more than that because there were a few duplicate song titles.

it started last October and isn't necessarily over yet.

artist that leave their group permanently or temporarily can be selected I’m assuming ?

Stevie nicks, Steve perry, all the Beatles etc 

Last edited by a moderator:
There are dozens of us -- DOZENS! -- that would draft a Ringo song* for this

* late
I was going for the cheap joke - I like a handful of his songs, and my favorite by him (written by Paul) isn’t one of his radio staples. His solo career - outside of his tours - is less than stellar though.

Users who are viewing this thread