What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade advice - Saquon for picks and rookies (1 Viewer)

Clay

Footballguy
I have Saquon Barkley and was just offered a trade for Travis Etienne, Khalil Herbert, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, 2022 3rd, and 2023 3rd. This is the first year of a 6-keeper league, 16 teams, full ppr, 2 flex (W/R/T). I want to keep Saquon but this seems like a good opportunity to cash in for a large number of picks. I’m currently at .500 and likely won’t be able to pull off a championship this year. So, is it time to look to the future? Should I ask for more, like 2 2nds instead of the 2 3rds? Would you accept the trade? Why or why not?

What are your 6 keepers looking like?  I ask that because with that few keepers would you be keeping ETN or Herbert?  I would guess probably not.  Because of that if you are "looking to the future" then you need to get for sure keepers back in this deal.  With only 6 keeper slots that means the types of players you keep shift from projects (ETN) to established auto start guys.  

As far the trade goes it is a good haul for Barkley but I am not sure if I would do it.  I also wouldn't count yourself out yet for this year unless you have some really small chance at the playoffs.  Once you get in everyone has a chance at the title.  

Neither of those RBs you get are going to be strong RB1s.   Maybe Herbet can be in a couple years.   The picks, they are good if they are in the top part of the rounds.   I'd ask for more or just hold on to Barkley.   Maybe hope he comes back to action and goes off, then really ask for more.

Thank you both for the input! Good thoughts here.

Gally, my other players that will most likely be my keepers are Lamar Jackson, AJ Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Tee Higgins, and Trey Lance (hoping he hits next year and I could potentially trade him or Lamar for big gain). I have no other top 32 RB. So, with this trade, I would likely end up picking between Etienne and Herbert as my 6th.

I already have 2 extra 2022 2nd picks. So, with the trade I would have 2 1st, 3 2nd, and 2 3rd in 2022. I feel like the odds of getting a player like Saquon is low, even with that many picks.

It seems keeping Saquon is the way to go for now at least.

Thank you both for the input! Good thoughts here.

Gally, my other players that will most likely be my keepers are Lamar Jackson, AJ Brown, Jerry Jeudy, Tee Higgins, and Trey Lance (hoping he hits next year and I could potentially trade him or Lamar for big gain). I have no other top 32 RB. So, with this trade, I would likely end up picking between Etienne and Herbert as my 6th.

I already have 2 extra 2022 2nd picks. So, with the trade I would have 2 1st, 3 2nd, and 2 3rd in 2022. I feel like the odds of getting a player like Saquon is low, even with that many picks.

It seems keeping Saquon is the way to go for now at least.
In a 6 keeper league where you already have Lamar there is no way you keep Lance.  He is a couple years away from being relevant and you already have a much better version in Lamar.  

As already stated ETN and Herbert are not keeper level for only 6 keeper league.  You can always find 2nd and 3rd year guys available like them every year with these few keepers.

Barkley is the type of player you should be keeping so unless you get keeper level in return I just keep him.

Users who are viewing this thread