What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Rittenhouse an Andrew Yang supporter? (2 Viewers)

There’s any number of real journalists or network taking heads to talk with. Picking Tucker, a highly skilled partisan troll, is presenting yourself in a certain way. This seems pretty straight forward to me. 

I'm not sure I understand the surprise. He was the central figure in an important case for pro 2nd amendment and self defense. Is there a more likely person than Tucker Carlson to want to interview him? I doubt Rachel Maddow was calling. 
Is there nothing in between the two extremes?  

Carlson is a guy that is said by a judge and even his own  lawyers you cant taken what he says as news or truth (or something along those lines). 
Going straight to him…as well as the documentary during the trial with Carlson…is obviously going to paint him a certain way.

Your guess is as good as mine. I don't know how the PR worked there but my guess is there wasn't exactly a bidding war for him.

My point is I'm surprised people are surprised Tucker Carlson would have a guy on who was the central figure in a pro 2nd amendment case. :shrug:  

Your guess is as good as mine. I don't know how the PR worked there but my guess is there wasn't exactly a bidding war for him.

My point is I'm surprised people are surprised Tucker Carlson would have a guy on who was the central figure in a pro 2nd amendment case. :shrug:  
I dont think the surprise is Tucker reaching out…more that he went that way and that anyone is then surprised that people would form an opinion of Rittenhouse by him going to Carlson.

No one is surprised he was on Tucker I believe. It was not a great idea coming out of this case is my opinion at least. 

I think he would have had his pick of shows to go on. 

Carlson is a guy that is said by a judge and even his own  lawyers you cant taken what he says as news or truth (or something along those lines). 
Going straight to him…as well as the documentary during the trial with Carlson…is obviously going to paint him a certain way.

For sure.   

There is a reason that Hillary Clinton, AOC and a bunch of others have refused every offer to go on Hannity or even Bill Mahars show.  Shapiro offered to have a live debate with AOC and she declined. AOC declined because in a  live debate Shapiro would destroy her.

Do you think an 18 year old kid with no experience dealing with the media would go on a hostile show when seasoned political people are afraid to?

For sure.   

There is a reason that Hillary Clinton, AOC and a bunch of others have refused every offer to go on Hannity or even Bill Mahars show.  Shapiro offered to have a live debate with AOC and she declined. AOC declined because in a  live debate Shapiro would destroy her.

Do you think an 18 year old kid with no experience dealing with the media would go on a hostile show when seasoned political people are afraid to?
This is the point I’m making. These are all politicians and political talk show hosts. 

KR is a kid who just went through a highly visible trial, people were killed by his hands.

Tucker and photo ops with Trump are deliberate choices to be making IMO. 

Because the host of the show on MSNBC was calling him a "little murderous white supremacist?" I'm shocked he wouldn't want to be on her show. :lmao:  
The laugh?  Really?  What in my post  suggested MSNBC?

Why must the only choices be the two extremes?  Thats my point.  There are plenty of people outside of Carlson and Maddow.  

Last edited by a moderator:
In years past a figure like Rittenhouse would do an interview with Barbara Walters or Diane Sawyer.  There’s no one left like that.  Everyone’s a partisan hack these days.
There are a lot like that.  Not all are the extremes of Carlson or Maddow. 

The laugh?  Really?  What in my post  suggested MSNBC?

Why must the only choices be the two extremes?  Thats my point.  There are plenty of people outside of Carlson and Maddow.  

Absolutely really. You asked "Why would any other show be hostile?" and I gave an example. :shrug:  

Perhaps there are lots of other options begging to have him on. I don't know. Maybe others do. 

Absolutely really. You asked "Why would any other show be hostile?" and I gave an example. :shrug:  

Perhaps there are lots of other options begging to have him on. I don't know. Maybe others do. 
I think we are talking past each other.  As I thought we were getting away from the extremes like MSNBC.  That is what I was trying to get at. 
Just of the opinion that going on Carlson is going to paint him or others a certain way.  That is the reputation Carlson has now earned.

This is the point I’m making. These are all politicians and political talk show hosts. 

KR is a kid who just went through a highly visible trial, people were killed by his hands.

Tucker and photo ops with Trump are deliberate choices to be making IMO. 

Yes..no doubt people go where their bread is buttered.

AOC took planned pictures crying at the border for the same reason. This is what people do

Yes..no doubt people go where their bread is buttered.

AOC took planned pictures crying at the border for the same reason. This is what people do
Agreed. KR appears to be aligning himself with highly political figures. I understand why a politician would do this.

This is him choosing this not the liberal media - not the point you were making but it is related to this convo.

No one is surprised he was on Tucker I believe. It was not a great idea coming out of this case is my opinion at least. 

I think he would have had his pick of shows to go on. 

You do realized he also gave an in-depth interview with Ashleigh Banfield an award winning journalist and legal expert who has worked for both MSNBC and CNN and is hardly a conservative?  

it is funny how this is ignored. 

Agreed. KR appears to be aligning himself with highly political figures. I understand why a politician would do this.

This is him choosing this not the liberal media - not the point you were making but it is related to this convo.

I agree but The liberal media does not want him.

As far as Trump goes, when the media was condemning Kyle and demanding Trump to denounce white supremacy, Trump stood up to their lies and pressure and said it looked like self-defense all to the shock of the media.  Trump offers Kyle a safe and secure location where he can be himself and enjoy some time with an ex-president.   I love how liberals now want to condemn Kyle for hanging out with people who supported him.  I am not convinced Kyle's most trusted advisor, this ex-military Hancock dude with a shady past is a great idea, but I don't see Kyle's biggest critics all of a sudden have his best interest in mind.  

David Muir?
Biased and hack are quite different things IMO.

Even on Fox…get outside of Hannity and Carlson and it wouldn’t have the same appearance.
Thanks.  I have to admit I don’t know much about Muir.  Will have to check out ABC news.  Was always a huge Ted Koppel fan.

You do realized he also gave an in-depth interview with Ashleigh Banfield an award winning journalist and legal expert who has worked for both MSNBC and CNN and is hardly a conservative?  

No I did not realize this and am not familiar with this person. This is what I would be doing more of if I were advising him and he wants to remain in the public eye.

As far as Trump goes, when the media was condemning Kyle and demanding Trump to denounce white supremacy, Trump stood up to their lies and pressure and said it looked like self-defense all to the shock of the media.  Trump offers Kyle a safe and secure location where he can be himself and enjoy some time with an ex-president.   I love how liberals now want to condemn Kyle for hanging out with people who supported him.  I am not convinced Kyle's most trusted advisor, this ex-military Hancock dude with a shady past is a great idea, but I don't see Kyle's biggest critics all of a sudden have his best interest in mind.  
I am primarily interested in this thread around the discussion about the perceptions of KR post trial. It could be anyone in this position. Handling media is a bear trap but Tucker and Trump is a very specific route he has chosen and probably the 2 biggest flamethrowers he could pick.

This is a really weird guilt-by-association story.  Why am I supposed to care who or what KR likes or doesn't like?  He's a dumb kid who got assaulted by three other dumb people.  That doesn't make one a role model.
Correct. Yang started the tweet "I don't think this needs stating" and he was right. There's not a single person in the country who thought  his latest failure larping as a real Party was PRO white supremacy.

It will be interesting to see any consistency on denouncing other movements that are "antithetical" to the "grace and tolerance" of forward. Prediction: No.  

I am primarily interested in this thread around the discussion about the perceptions of KR post trial. It could be anyone in this position. Handling media is a bear trap but Tucker and Trump is a very specific route he has chosen and probably the 2 biggest flamethrowers he could pick.

24 hour news cycle.   In a couple weeks nobody will care.

If he's trying to cash in on his noteriaty that probably is the best show to reach potential customers.

nd, no, it doesn't automatically mean that he is a fan, but when Trump was POTUS several sports figures, whose teams were being honored at the White House, opted out of meeting with him because they were not fans of his and perceived that it might be viewed as an endorsement of his policies/positions.
Completely, utterly irrelevant.

I think Ashleigh Banfield is having him on her show. I saw the promo yesterday. She's no conservative. She's on NewsNation, a channel I admittedly have absolutely no idea about. 

I wonder if these interviews weaken his standing when he sues for defamation.  These things make him a public figure by his own choice.

Isn't this also the case with Maddow?

I think Ashleigh Banfield is having him on her show. I saw the promo yesterday. She's no conservative. She's on NewsNation, a channel I admittedly have absolutely no idea about. 

It happened a few days ago and I posted the link to the YouTube video in this thread.   The post was quoted right below your post. 

Why would anyone care who this misguided teenager supports politically?  I mean, come on. 

As I’ve said before, the left media’s reporting of this event and trial was reprehensible.  However, the media on the right turning this kid into some kind of folk hero and championing him is awful too. Disgusting, really.  

It happened a few days ago and I posted the link to the YouTube video in this thread.   The post was quoted right below your post. 
Sure. Sorry about that. I started skimming a bit and missed it. I was wondering why nobody brought it up, but I must have missed you saying that. 

Users who are viewing this thread