What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 FBG Stock Contest (1 Viewer)

I'll go with Alphamin Resources Corp AFMJF - still a big believer in the tin market and think management of this one is doing a great job with their projects.  Need this thing to lift above a dollar and hold there.  If it does and there is a continued shortage of global tin, these guys could really take off.  A potential dividend on a sub-dollar stock is music to my ears so I'll enjoy rooting this one on and think there is little downside.

AFM CN: RECORD PRODUCTION VOLUMES/ Q4 2021 EBITDA GUIDANCE OF US$74m, up 38% from prior quarter.  tin production up 10% from the prior quarter.  tin sales up 13% from the prior quarter.  cash position increases to US$68m.  FY2021 dividend of CAD$0.03 per share declared.

:coffee:

RENT the runway a Todem homerun pick is down 8%/ today and at a 52 week low.  Just opened a small position.

I went back 10 years and pulled everyone who placed and also the SPX winner.  I may try to search the threads further back at some point.  We have had 5 people with multiple placing and 8 if you include S&P 500 picks.  By my records @Bonfire has the most places at 3 (two 2nd place and one 3rd place).  Here are the multiple winners in alphabetical order.

@Andrew74: Two 1st place, two S&P 500

@BeTheMatch: Two 2nd place

@Bonfire: Two 2nd place, one 3rd place

@cosjobs: One 3rd place, one S&P 500

@pecorino: Two 3rd place

@Rattle and Hum: Two 2nd place

@stubby: One 3rd place, one S&P 500

@The Man With No Name: One 2nd, one S&P 500

I'll go with Alphamin Resources Corp AFMJF - still a big believer in the tin market and think management of this one is doing a great job with their projects.  Need this thing to lift above a dollar and hold there.  If it does and there is a continued shortage of global tin, these guys could really take off.  A potential dividend on a sub-dollar stock is music to my ears so I'll enjoy rooting this one on and think there is little downside.

Bloomberg article out on this one suggesting Alphamin could be sold soon.  That would be very very nice.

McBokonon said:
You'll want to go into the sheet and adjust stbugs' AMZN start price to reflect the split. It's doing poorly, but not down 96% poorly.
Lol. Does it really matter?

2023 thread is live.

Reactions: KGB
Well, this wasn't a pleasant year for us FBGs. The S&P 500 was down 19.44% and the FBG portfolio lost 53.84%. Only two people had positive returns on the year. Unfortunately the tightest competition was for the Eminence Award.

1st place - Andrew74 18.30%
2nd place - @Bonfire 8.66%
3rd place - @Freak Show -4.52%

S&P 500 prediction - @BassNBrew

Eminence Award - @Moonlight -96.77%

It is the 3rd straight 2nd place finish for Bonfire. That's impressive, even if he's becoming the Buffalo Bills of the stock picking contest.

Users who are viewing this thread