What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wordle (6 Viewers)

2nd day of trying this. 2nd day I didn't get it, despite having 4 of 5 letters in the correct spot on my last 2 guesses.

Wordle 209 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Phew indeed!Β  This is only the 3rd time playing so I need to figure out which words I want to start with and refine my strategy.Β  I started with ADIEU today, then the 3rd attempt was a word with an O just to see if O was included.Β Β 

Fun game, see you tomorrow :) Β 

I'm still testing out starting words and used "adieu" today as well.

Wordle 209 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right. It was. I thought it looked nothing like the colors that I keep seeing, so I assumed that was the wrong site. Thanks ilov. Thanks, Dan Lambskin.Β 
You get the boxes after you hit share on a solved puzzle. It's so simple that it is startling. No ads, no downloads, no in-game purchases. Just 1 word a day, 5 letters every time.Β 

I'm still testing out starting words and used "adieu" today as well.

I didn't realize we could use non-english words.Β  I think that's usually a rule in word games like this, right?Β  There's got to be a Norwegian or Bosnian word that is just 5 vowels.

Reddit seems to have figured out that the optimal first word is either AROSE or ROATE, followed by your second word being a word that uses none of the same letters as the first word but uses the remainder of the vowels.Β Β 

Reddit seems to have figured out that the optimal first word is either AROSE or ROATE, followed by your second word being a word that uses none of the same letters as the first word but uses the remainder of the vowels.Β Β 
ARISE-TOUCH is pretty strong opening pair if you do it that way:Β  AIEOU, plus RST.Β  C and H aren't bad either.Β 

I don't think I'm ever going to do better than when I tried for the first ever time on Saturday:

PEACH

CRANK

Haven't missed one yet but for the first time it took all 6 tries today...

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 209 5/6

⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Just read about this in the WSJ yesterday (or was it the Miami Herald?). Either way, fun game. Going to have to share with my dad. He would like it.

Wordle 209 4/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

EARLY-TAFFY-TAWNY-TANGY

This is some Wheel Of Fortune ####, isn't it?Β 

eta* Only posting results because spoiler already given. Figured it would be fun to post progressions.Β 

Wordle 210 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

this is the first time I employed the β€œuse five different letters on the second guess” strategy and I wasn’t a fan, particularly after hitting two yellows on the first guess

two starting words I used were ADIEU-STORY to hit all the vowels and 4 of the wheel of fortune letters

this is the first time I employed the β€œuse five different letters on the second guess” strategy and I wasn’t a fan, particularly after hitting two yellows on the first guess
Don't give up on it yet.Β  I did it and got 3/6 (second day in a row).Β  That said, I got really lucky that my first word had the first two letters in the right place.

Wordle 210 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

two starting words I used were ADIEU-STORY to hit all the vowels and 4 of the wheel of fortune letters
I did the same thing today. I think that strategy probably makes it more likely you get the word in 4-5 guesses rather than 6 or not at all, but way less likely to get it in 3.

I had the same experience you did. It probably did help me somewhat in the end, but using 5 different letters on the 2nd guess and zero of them even being in the word is a bit rough.

Wordle 210 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 210 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

I think it all comes down to what your goal is. Β I see getting it in 2 or 3 to be mostly dumb luck. Β I want to ensure I don’t ever get it wrong.

I think it all comes down to what your goal is. Β I see getting it in 2 or 3 to be mostly dumb luck. Β I want to ensure I don’t ever get it wrong.
I don’t hate the strategy in general, I just think (for me) it needs to be flexible if I hit two on the first guess. Β That makes it far less likely that the other vowels in word 2 will also be there.

Wordle 210 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Β 

Funny. I used the exact same two starting words and had the exact same result.

2 - is definitely luck

3 - a bit of fortune*, mixed with good vocabulary.

*a good starting word, followed by a logical 2nd guess should put the 3rd word in play

I have played 8 times, got the fluke 2-turn win, but have five 3-turn wins, 1 4-turn win, and 1 6-turn win.

Got it in 2 today thanks to a very fortunate starting word mentioned in this thread a few days ago.

I've played 4 times and I've been trying to get it correct and not necessarily in the fewest attempts.Β  I got it right all 4 times with 4, 5, 6, 4 attempts.

2 - is definitely luck

3 - a bit of fortune*, mixed with good vocabulary.

*a good starting word, followed by a logical 2nd guess should put the 3rd word in play

I have played 8 times, got the fluke 2-turn win, but have five 3-turn wins, 1 4-turn win, and 1 6-turn win.
I agree somewhat but the reason I still think 3 is a lot of luck is you need one of the first two to β€œhit” which is kind of luck also. I’ve found playing the unlimited that with using an elimination method I can frequently guess it on the 4th guess without knowing much about placement or sometimes even only having a couple letters.

Wordle 210 3/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I finally tried this since it seems to be part of Twitter's TOS that you have to play this daily and post about it.Β  I can see how having a few strategic vowel-heavy words at your disposal would help a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread