What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We need a new Draft to bring some excitement to this place. (1 Viewer)

Mr. Punk, get thee to the Beatles thread.

cosjobs, I love your draft idea.
You want to fire it up? I'm in the pool and can barely text.  Pretty straightfor ward 

Maybe something like ten songs and  five criminals who are the musicians..

Best Mask draft-.

Best Brand of Anti-Bacterial Wipes.

Best Paper Towels

I was part of the Dangerous Animal Draft and I have never had so much fun. My IT guy at work could never unwrap my internet searches for that week. Finger Monkey for the win!!! 

I want in on whatever this one will be!! 

Draftapalooza?  Draftellaneous?

1st round - each drafter chooses a category that they will judge. Any topic is fine, the more obscure the better (best player in Timberwolves history, best sandwich, greatest Rush song, things in Krista’s pantry, etc)

Draft - everyone picks something from every category except their own in any order they want

Judging - person who chose the category ranks all the selections in that category. Winner has the most overall points. 

Pretty sure we did something similar 2-20 years ago. 

1st round - each drafter chooses a category that they will judge. Any topic is fine, the more obscure the better (best player in Timberwolves history, best sandwich, greatest Rush song, things in Krista’s pantry, etc)

Draft - everyone picks something from every category except their own in any order they want

Judging - person who chose the category ranks all the selections in that category. Winner has the most overall points. 

Needs more dice

Favorite toys
That's gonna go beserker right quick. Even if it's not lewd, I'm sure it'll be weird. 

Of course, we'll probably spend about at least four pages at one point debating what a "toy" is, so there's that to consider. 

best nicknames draft take that to the bank brohans

celebrity nickname

sports nickname (individual & team)

historical nickname

best nickname of a fictional character

nickname from the animal kingdom

nickname of an inanimate object

nickname of an old friend

nickname for a group of people

worst nickname

eephus is like the 3m of this thread he makes the ideas you make better take that to the bank bromigos

Last edited by a moderator:
celebrity nickname

historical nickname

worst nickname
Anatomical features?

You want to fire it up? I'm in the pool and can barely text.  Pretty straightfor ward 

Maybe something like ten songs and  five criminals who are the musicians..

I couldn't bear to take it from you, plus...

This.  This one.

I know we did this with music drafts recently*, but not with the overall concept for a while.

*Within five years.

celebrity nickname

historical nickname

worst nickname

sports nicknames can be split out by baseball, basketball, football, misc.

celebrity by male and female and also by medium.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
This.  This one.

I know we did this with music drafts recently*, but not with the overall concept for a while.

*Within five years.

I'm totally biased but I think dice improve a grab bag category draft by concentrating picks and discussion to a subset of categories.

I'm totally biased but I think dice improve a grab bag category draft by concentrating picks and discussion to a subset of categories.
That would work, especially if we go a pick per day rather than serpentine. Would also make it easier for the judge to track all the locks and writeups for rankings. 

There needs to be a draft that draws in everyone for commentary and such. Something everyone knows. Music drafts basically are limited to finite number of people who really know their music, so they are boring if I'm being honest (I'm one of those guys who will check on the draft for the commentary and such).

That's why the cereal draft was so great. Even if you weren't drafting you could participate.

I don't know what that is. And some of these have probably been done.

Maybe:

1. Coolest landmarks

2. Alcoholic beverage/type of drink

3. Snack item

I know these are probably lame, but you catch my drift...

Last edited by a moderator:
There needs to be a draft that draws in everyone for commentary and such. Something everyone knows. Music drafts basically are limited to finite number of people who really know their music, so they are boring if I'm being honest (I'm one of those guys who will check on the draft for the commentary and such).

That's why the cereal draft was so great. Even if you weren't drafting you could participate.

I don't know what that is. And some of these have probably been done.

Maybe:

1. Coolest landmarks

2. Alcoholic beverage/type of drink

3. Snack item

I know these are probably lame, but you catch my drift...

Was thinking snacks last night.  Could be interesting to see the mix of savory vs. sweet.  Video entries of people eating their picks would be a bonus.  

Make the FFA fun again.

Were the Russian Bride and Deadliest Animal drafts like legit drafts with judges and everything?  I've seen those mentioned often and they were before my time but seemed like they were a source of great entertainment for everyone.

Were the Russian Bride and Deadliest Animal drafts like legit drafts with judges and everything?  I've seen those mentioned often and they were before my time but seemed like they were a source of great entertainment for everyone.

The Russian Bride Draft voting was done by the community in polls.

Users who are viewing this thread