What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 NBA Roster Draft - This draft goes to 12! (1 Viewer)

i'm done for the day. that's just weird. @PIK95, if jacko picks and your guy's still there, i'll take your top 3 pix for my 1st and bottom two. otherwise, it's all gonna hafta wait til my usual time (after Dad's dressed & fed) in the morning

So this is just an exercise where we put together the best teams possible from players that have played 1 game or more right? We aren't running this through WIS, its just about our feels?

i'm done for the day. that's just weird. @PIK95, if jacko picks and your guy's still there, i'll take your top 3 pix for my 1st and bottom two. otherwise, it's all gonna hafta wait til my usual time (after Dad's dressed & fed) in the morning
So 3RR is too much a penalty for the top spots, but this is the price you’re asking to move up 15 spots?

I would swap whole drafts as long as he is.  If not, I can get three stars with my picks.  I guess that would be ok.   Are we looking at just this year or build a franchise mode anyway?  Tia.
@wikkidpissah I read this as him saying he’d swap draft spots altogether, not agreeing to his 1st, 2nd, 3rd picks for your 1st, 9th, and 10th that you offered. I’m tired and probably wrong though. 

Not at all. I think there are probably 4 players that are a reasonable pick here and probably one more that I wouldn't totally mock somebody for. The player that I assume is at the top of most lists is also probably the most difficult fit to build a team around of the top 4, IMO.

I agree, but I have the 5th pick. :lol:

We’ve certainly given him enough time. Why sign up for a draft if you’re not willing to check in multiple times a day?

So this is just an exercise where we put together the best teams possible from players that have played 1 game or more right? We aren't running this through WIS, its just about our feels?
That's essentially it.  There will be multiple judges ranking teams afterward using all manner of criteria, so its just a fun little "what if" thing to take our minds off the fact that it is 11 freaking degrees outside and {unnamed player} is regressing.

ETA: that line was a lot funnier when I can use his name, but spotlighting is frowned upon 'round here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we don't here from our favorite grocery store employee by tomorrow morning we'll start skipping, BUT we will do it the nice way where we move his entire draft position until he shows, not just the one pick. 
Might wanna verify he’s gunna be able to handle a clock during the day once we start that.
Any chance @DJackson10 read this exchange and didn't realize he was on the clock? Didn't realize the draft was meant to start with his selection?

Djackson10 -- you're on the clock to lead off the draft -- pick 1.01. Right now. Fire when ready.

I PM'd him yesterday and we've "@" him about 10 times since he was on the clock.

Dude ain't coming.  Put facook in his place and lets get rolling.

At this point I don't even want to give him a later draft slot as I don't trust that this won't happen again in the next week or 2.

And yes I'm generally online @ 8:00 PST weekdays, and I do check in regularly.  I know that is late for you east coasters, so I'll try to check late at night each night as to not hold stuff up.

Sorry DJax, but happy to take your place and give these folks a free team to defeat.  :)

1.1 Giannis Antetokounmpo, Stud, Bucks

I think this is the right choice but he also presents some roster building issues that are not necessarily true with the other top 6-8 guys. It'll be a good challenge to have but I view him more as the best ceiling raiser in the NBA rather than the best floor raiser.

I think this is the right choice but he also presents some roster building issues that are not necessarily true with the other top 6-8 guys. It'll be a good challenge to have but I view him more as the best ceiling raiser in the NBA rather than the best floor raiser.

You may very well be right.  If, theoretically, I have 2 of the top 40 players and only 4 of the top 61, I'm going to need all of the ceiling I can get.

He's an anchor on both ends of the floor and the glass.  Most complete player in the league....does everything well but shoot outside.  I would have taken him #1 as well.

Sorry DJax, but happy to take your place and give these folks a free team to defeat.  :)

1.1 Giannis Antetokounmpo, Stud, Bucks

aaaah, ####. was hoping 1.1 would go Joker, for one reason - defense. last nite there were more 25 pt games and 30 pt games than any day in NBA history. only one of the 5 franchise players out there plays d like he means it and he's gone. but i can make this work.

1.02 Nikola Jokic, C Den.  Lakers cant break .500 w 3 superstars, Nets look ordinary when theyre down to two. Jokic is still winning ball games with his other two weapons in a hospital ward, scratchin' it out w guys named Facundo & Bones & BolBol. and Austin frikkin Rivers. ya hear me? Austin frikkin Rivers.

@JMon348

ETA: interesting thing about Joker - he's younger than Giannis.

aaaah, ####. was hoping 1.1 would go Joker, for one reason - defense. last nite there were more 25 pt games and 30 pt games than any day in NBA history. only one of the 5 franchise players out there plays d like he means it and he's gone. but i can make this work.

1.02 Nikola Jokic, C Den.  Lakers cant break .500 w 3 superstars, Nets look ordinary when theyre down to two. Jokic is still winning ball games with his other two weapons in a hospital ward, scratchin' it out w guys named Facundo & Bones & BolBol. and Austin frikkin Rivers. ya hear me? Austin frikkin Rivers.

@JMon348

Yes, ultimately for me Giannis's defense was the deciding factor.  

@JMon348

Joker would have been my #1.  The best basketball player I have ever seen.  Takes what's given, and is incredibly skilled and creative. He was really off in the second quarter last night.  First time I have ever seen him just off.  He finished the game 49/14/10, lol.  Missed a free throw late too. In retrospect, Bird was a poor man's Joker.  And yes, I'm a Celtics fan.  Great pick, you win.

I expected those guys to go 1-2 (unless some homer got one of those picks). 

Now I think there are 4 guys that should go in any order, but there are 2 wildcards that may jump up into the top 5 that I personally don't think belong.

He would have been my #1.  The best basketball player I have ever seen.  Takes what's given, and is incredibly skilled and creative. He was really off in the second quarter last night.  First time I have ever seen him just off.  He finished the game 49/14/10, lol.  Missed a free throw late too. In retrospect, Bird was a poor man's Joker.  And yes, I'm a Celtics fan.  Great pick, you win.
To be fair, that was against a Clippers team without either of its top 2 guys. 

That said, a 49 pt triple-double is no-joke (pun intended).

Joker would have been my #1.  The best basketball player I have ever seen.  Takes what's given, and is incredibly skilled and creative. He was really off in the second quarter last night.  First time I have ever seen him just off.  He finished the game 49/14/10, lol.  Missed a free throw late too. In retrospect, Bird was a poor man's Joker.  And yes, I'm a Celtics fan.  Great pick, you win.
and he holds his own on switches, a growing prob w bigs these days. hopefully, i can pair him with just the right guys to turn his Promethean game into sumn that puts him over the top.

Kawhi would have been interesting (not a spotlight) since he's disqualified under the hasn't played a minute provision.

Users who are viewing this thread