What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Las Vegas Raiders (1 Viewer)

"Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

The #Raiders are interviewing #Bengals scout Trey Brown today for their vacant GM job, source said. He joins Champ Kelly of the #Bears and Dave Ziegler of the #Patriots as GM candidates who have interviewed recently in Las Vegas."

This one I'm sure about. Good sign he's focusing on GM first, although I'm curious as to why Dobbs hasn't come it yet. They did put in the request. 

"Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

The #Raiders are interviewing #Bengals scout Trey

Brown

today for their vacant GM job, source said. He joins Champ

Kelly

of the #Bears and Dave Ziegler of the #Patriots as GM candidates who have interviewed recently in Las Vegas."

This one I'm sure about. Good sign he's focusing on GM first, although I'm curious as to why

Dobbs

hasn't come it yet. They did put in the request. 

I am cool with bringing in Cincy people. Their drafts are usually well-graded, every team has F grade drafts, but Cincy usually pulls some talent. 

It happens everywhere but this is the downside of having a team in  Temptation City, U.S.A.
I don’t buy Vegas being the tipping point.  A lot of people are saying that, but one can get into trouble anywhere. This kid is a f’ing idiot. He watches ruggs. gets his own dui. And now this?  Total imbecile. And he’s now officially a liability. He’s going to be on  the leagues radar and may cost the team, down the line. So dumb. 

I don’t buy Vegas being the tipping point.  A lot of people are saying that, but one can get into trouble anywhere. This kid is a f’ing idiot. He watches ruggs. gets his own dui. And now this?  Total imbecile. And he’s now officially a liability. He’s going to be on  the leagues radar and may cost the team, down the line. So dumb. 
Of course it can happen anywhere, I literally opened by saying that but there are fewer clubs open all night in Green Bay. Hell there are fewer places serving alcohol and having parties 24 hours a day everywhere else in the country.

Kid is an idiot for sure, but we should expect more of this in Las Vegas, with young, newly wealthy people who think they are invincible, than anywhere else.  Over the next few years I would be willing to wager the numbers will confirm that supposition.

Of course it can happen anywhere, I literally opened by saying that but there are fewer clubs open all night in Green Bay. Hell there are fewer places serving alcohol and having parties 24 hours a day everywhere else in the country.

Kid is an idiot for sure, but we should expect more of this in Las Vegas, with young, newly wealthy people who think they are invincible, than anywhere else.  Over the next few years I would be willing to wager the numbers will confirm that supposition.
Fair enough.  But driving your car 110 mph, has nothing to do with Vegas.  At 11:45am on a Sunday. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude was driving fast. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if not in the shadow of Ruggs and his recent DUI charge.
Some people cant handle a load of money at a young age . Buy a fast sports car and you`re probably gonna drive 120 mph now and then,hes not the first and wont be the last. This wouldnt even be in the news if the Ruggs disaster never happened .

RUMOR:

Florio speculating the Raiders may make a run at McDaniels.

ATM, and with full recognition that I truly know nothing about any of these people, I would prefer in this order:

Harbaugh>Coach B>Flores/Daboll/Allen>McDaniels

Yes, I know Allen would never happen. Then again, never say never.
Never on Allen.  Very few coaches return to a place they were previously head coach in general and I can't think of a single example of a guy that had a failed first stint returning.  Gibbs, Gruden and Shell are guys that returned, but they had some level of success their first go around.

ZADO said:
Some people cant handle a load of money at a young age . Buy a fast sports car and you`re probably gonna drive 120 mph now and then,hes not the first and wont be the last. This wouldnt even be in the news if the Ruggs disaster never happened .
But Ruggs did happen and not that long ago.   Hobbs just got a DUI a couple of weeks ago too.   There is no excuse for this reckless behavior.  The Raiders don’t have a team first, winning mentality in place.   Some tough personnel decisions need to be made to change the losing and self-destructive behavior in LV if this team is ever going to make a true run for the SB.   

But Ruggs did happen and not that long ago.   Hobbs just got a DUI a couple of weeks ago too.   There is no excuse for this reckless behavior.  The Raiders don’t have a team first, winning mentality in place.   Some tough personnel decisions need to be made to change the losing and self-destructive behavior in LV if this team is ever going to make a true run for the SB.   
and all of this i agree with wholeheartedly 

Caldwell says that he DID NOT turn down any interviews with Minny and Vegas. 

Reports suggest we are interested im interviewing DeMeco Ryans.

So...DeMeco Ryans...?

ETA: After what the Niners just did in Green Bay I'm at least, intrigued.

The niners got a lucky win.  The D was good but GB looked flat and uninspired.   You can’t plan on winning games by blocking FGs and punts.  
After the first drive of the game they held the Packers to 194 yards and 3 points over the next 54 minutes & 25 seconds. In Lambeau, in the freezing temp.

A short week after holding the Cowboys to 17 points in Dallas.

The Niners aren't in the playoffs because Jimmy G and the offense carried them there.

I'm not stumping for Ryan's but teams should at least be a little curious about him.

BTW I think we all agree that the Packers need to ditch Rodgers and the Cowboys need to move on from Dak.

I mean, they've peaked and continue to come up small in big games, right? They should ditch them now for whatever they can get and go sign a better free agent or draft a young QB in the first.

BTW I think we all agree that the Packers need to ditch Rodgers and the Cowboys need to move on from Dak.

I mean, they've peaked and continue to come up small in big games, right? They should ditch them now for whatever they can get and go sign a better free agent or draft a young QB in the first.
Did Rodgers and Dak “come up small” or was the SF defense that good?

I don’t know what happened to Dallas and Dak.   There are a lot of weapons in big D.  GB doesn’t really have much in the passing game after Adams.  

Im not taking anything away from the niners D.   It is a great defense.  It is carrying them to these wins.  Jimmy G isn’t very good.  

thanks for breaking my sarcasm meter. 

lakerstan said:
They came up small. The numbers don't lie.

The Pack & Cowboys would be much better off without them.

Every situation is different.  Now we're comparing Derek Carr's career body of work to Aaron Rodgers?

Every situation is different.  Now we're comparing Derek Carr's career body of work to Aaron Rodgers?
I'm happy to give Rogers a lifetime achievement award but this is a league of what have you done for me lately. And Rogers has come up small when it mattered most lately.

If he was truly great it wouldn't matter what defense he was playing against.

All sarcasm aside that was a humiliating, embarrassing, shameful lost yesterday at home against Jimmy Garoppolo and Elijah Mitchell.

Again all sarcasm aside Rogers came up small in the biggest way when it mattered most.

Shouldn't he be viewed under the same microscope that every other NFL player is?

Carr was 4-of-17 passing in the red zone against the Bengals, the second-most red zone incompletions in a game over the past 20 seasons.

He also led the NFL in turnovers in the fourth quarter and OT this year.

He has also done some very good things as well.  He's been in the league eight years now and he is what he is.  A good QB that is not great.

I'm not saying he has to be replaced, but it at least has to be considered whether it would be better to go a different route rather than pay a QB such as him top of the market money.  

Chaka said:

This is so tired. But hey, if you want to talk about carr, we can. 

why are so many of his throws to Waller, behind him?  He almost never hits him in stride. Thoughts?

All sarcasm aside that was a humiliating, embarrassing, shameful lost yesterday at home against Jimmy Garoppolo and Elijah Mitchell.

Again all sarcasm aside Rogers came up small in the biggest way when it mattered most.

Shouldn't he be viewed under the same microscope that every other NFL player is?
Sure. Rodgers was 20/29 for 225 yards. No turnovers. No tds. He played ok/pretty well. . 

The packers beat them in every statistical category except sacks allowed 4-5. 

2 blocked kicks changed the game.   It was a quirky game. 

Sure. Rodgers was 20/29 for 225 yards. No turnovers. No tds. He played ok/pretty well. . 

The packers beat them in every statistical category except sacks allowed 4-5. 

2 blocked kicks changed the game.   It was a quirky game. 
Is 20 of 29 for 225 & 0 a stat line that Aaron Rodgers should hang his hat on? It is an incredibly substandard performance for him.

Look, I'm in no way saying Carr>Rodgers or Rodgers sucks. Rodgers>>Carr that's a fact. 

But perspective helps. Carr isn't the reason the Raiders have struggled during his career but he is the reason they have ever had any limited success. Rodgers would have done more with the Raiders (most likely) but let's not pretend he would have made the teams Carr has had true contenders.

We'll never know what would have happened in 12-4 Del Rio/Conner Cook season.

Is 20 of 29 for 225 & 0 a stat line that Aaron Rodgers should hang his hat on? It is an incredibly substandard performance for him.

Look, I'm in no way saying Carr>Rodgers or Rodgers sucks. Rodgers>>Carr that's a fact. 

But perspective helps. Carr isn't the reason the Raiders have struggled during his career but he is the reason they have ever had any limited success. Rodgers would have done more with the Raiders (most likely) but let's not pretend he would have made the teams Carr has had true contenders.

We'll never know what would have happened in 12-4 Del Rio/Conner Cook season.
I’m just taking the stupid Carr bait. I know what you’re doing. It’s ALL OVER social media. Has been all year. It’s tired.

No one in here is fervently anti carr. Some don’t love him, and think options should be explored. But no one is saying it’s all carrs fault.  The issue the raiders have, is do they replace Carr, after next year?  do they pay him a kings ransom, or franchise him to buy time?   My guess is they draft a qb in the next 2 years and franchise him, or maybe a 2 year deal if he’ll take it. But why would he?

it was a sub par game for Rodgers, but he was not the reason they lost. 😜

This is so tired. But hey, if you want to talk about carr, we can. 

why are so many of his throws to Waller, behind him?  He almost never hits him in stride. Thoughts?
How is it tired? Has it been brought up in any Raider thread ever? We're on the same page I first posted on.

Lighten up brother.

ETA: FTR I post in here with nothing (nothing at all) but love 💕 in my heart for all of you.

ETA 2.0: I didn't see your post above when I posted. Nothing but love brother.

How is it tired? Has it been brought up in any Raider thread ever? We're on the same page I first posted on.

Lighten up brother.

ETA: FTR I post in here with nothing (nothing at all) but love 💕 in my heart for all of you.

ETA 2.0: I didn't see your post above when I posted. Nothing but love brother.
no worries brother.  i ain't mad.  we ain't beefing (i have a 15 year old) :lmao:  

so why can't carr hit waller in stride? ;)  

no worries brother.  i ain't mad.  we ain't beefing (i have a 15 year old) :lmao:  

FYI FBGs is the extent of my social media other than FB birthday reminders. I had zero idea that this was trending on Twitokagram.

You're right I imagine if Carr hit Waller in stride Waller would have two 336 catch 4,000 yard seasons

Users who are viewing this thread