What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Biden: Worst President Ever? (1 Viewer)

Is Biden the worst President ever?

• Yes

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • No

Votes: 70 69.3%

• Total voters
The vaccines I got from a private sector firm ended the pandemic for me.  Meanwhile the FDA and CDC are still keeping tests off the market that in wide use in peer countries.
How much public money was directed to that vaccine research?  Ignoring this one particular success, even you have to admit that our existing, mostly private, for-profit health care system has not performed well, right?  Let's say, compared to Scandinavian or other Western European models?

So Obama had rallies after he'd been booted out...oh that's right he won re-election, after his 2nd term spreading lies about Michael Brown and Trevon Martin?

I must have been asleep during this time.  You my literally must live in an alternative universe.  

Trump almost won re-election too. Therefore Trump was not divisive. 

Q.E.D.

Of course the media supports the lies about racial issues and continues to fan the flames of racial division.  Just look at the horrible lies the media told in the Rittenhouse case.  The media was even dumbfounded at the gall of Rittenhouse's attorneys to try to claim self-defence over what they saw as a mass/active-shooter.  

Trump almost won re-election too. Therefore Trump was not divisive. 

Q.E.D.

Your logic fails miserably.

Of course the media supports the lies about racial issues and continues to fan the flames of racial division.  Just look at the horrible lies the media told in the Rittenhouse case.  The media was even dumbfounded at the gall of Rittenhouse's attorneys to try to claim self-defence over what they saw as a mass/active-shooter.  

Lots of missteps in his first year, ones you would hope a seasoned politician wouldn’t make but the answer is No.
m

"missteps" is a very polite description, as a few have been disasters, but okay.  one year in is a little early for worst president, but the way he is going he won't take much longer to get there.

Not the worst, but the most disappointing.  All he had to do was to be normal.

In the bottom 3.      Some of it might have to do with pushing 80 years old. Really thought he would be better and actually try to unite.  Been the opposite.  After Trump it would seem easy to be normal, but that did not happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the worst, but the most disappointing.  All he had to do was to be normal.

In the bottom 3.      Some of it might have to do with pushing 80 years old. Really thought he would be better and actually try to unite.  Been the opposite.  After Trump it would seem easy to be normal, but that did not happen.

Agree with both of these.  Bad and disappointing...not the worst

In my lifetime:

Tier 1: Reagan, Clinton, Obama

Tier 2: Ford, Carter, Bush Sr., Biden

Tier 3: Bush Jr., Nixon

Tier 4: Trump
I would flip Obama and Bush Sr here.  Then Biden and Carter down in Tier 3.

Though...I am also a big big fan of Bush Sr.  Might be my favorite of the group.  Extremely qualified, did things knowing it could cost him re-election (and when the Dems nominated Clinton it did).  Really seemed to try to do what was right for the country vs. right for himself/party.

I would flip Obama and Bush Sr here.  Then Biden and Carter down in Tier 3.

Though...I am also a big big fan of Bush Sr.  Might be my favorite of the group.  Extremely qualified, did things knowing it could cost him re-election (and when the Dems nominated Clinton it did).  Really seemed to try to do what was right for the country vs. right for himself/party.

That is the biggest issue today.  Nobody does anything that will cost re-election or go against the party.  Manchin did and was vilified. From what i read there were more than Manchin that wanted to vote against, but fear factor took over.

Used Manchin as example but they are on both sides.

That is the biggest issue today.  Nobody does anything that will cost re-election or go against the party.  Manchin did and was vilified. From what i read there were more than Manchin that wanted to vote against, but fear factor took over.

Used Manchin as example but they are on both sides.
I heard countless times from the left country over party.  I guess they really don’t mean it.

Agree with both of these.  Bad and disappointing...not the worst
This is my thought.

He's tried a few things, but is so imbedded in Washington politics that he can't see past the next election cycle and make a decision that doesn't effect mid-terms.

His speech this week trying to say that he hasn't "overpromised" and actually "overperformed" is stupidly tone deaf.  Trying to tell us that things aren't actually worse but better is a flat out lie for the vast majority of Americans.  The government pumped billions into the economy and continues to sell out the future (just like in 2008) and it is simply be a band aid over a rotting infection that no one has the guts to actually try and fix.

This is my thought.

He's tried a few things, but is so imbedded in Washington politics that he can't see past the next election cycle and make a decision that doesn't effect mid-terms.

His speech this week trying to say that he hasn't "overpromised" and actually "overperformed" is stupidly tone deaf.  Trying to tell us that things aren't actually worse but better is a flat out lie for the vast majority of Americans.  The government pumped billions into the economy and continues to sell out the future (just like in 2008) and it is simply be a band aid over a rotting infection that no one has the guts to actually try and fix.
Just like every year...

This will be interesting to watch as you will have to handicap it for the “But Trump!” crowd that are so invested they can’t admit to Biden being worse. When you account for those 50-75 votes it has to be safe to assume next on the list has to be Biden? Maybe Carter? 

As a complete outsider, American politics are mostly a joke. They both work against regular folks. So from this perspective, they are all crap. 

Biden has been entirely disappointing and will likely push Republicans back in power, that should scare anyone that cares about people as the Republicans have really lost their way. 

Progressives are the ones that want to do meaningful changes, and for that, they get lobbied against aggressively. Follow the money, the rich are getting richer and that is all they care about. 

Here's a little secret...all the rich are starting to vote for the dems...it aint your father's dem part anymore.

This will be interesting to watch as you will have to handicap it for the “But Trump!” crowd that are so invested they can’t admit to Biden being worse. When you account for those 50-75 votes it has to be safe to assume next on the list has to be Biden? Maybe Carter? 
Its not needed to handicap.  But Trump is a legitimate reason that Biden is not the worst.  Its not that Biden is great...its that Trump was that bad (despite a large amount of people not only who can't admit he was bad...but they think he was awesome).  People that are so invested in Trump they simply can't admit his flaws.  And it wasn't just mean tweets.

Safe to assume...that crowd will always vote a democrat as the worst ever...no matter what.

Worst in my lifetime.  It’s not even close.  

I can’t believe people didn’t see this coming and Democrats aren’t up in arms over their party kneecapping viable and at least lucid candidates.  

W had worse results over 8 years, inept. Iraq alone rockets him to near the top. Trump and this election nonsense secures the top spot. 

Biden been very mediocre but can’t top those two in this century.

Too early to tell but his first year hasn’t been good.  I went to the grocery store last night for the first time in a while and it was pretty depressing.  So many empty shelves, and the final cost was noticeably higher and by a lot.  On the way home I got gas - $4.00 a gallon which I’m not sure I have ever seen before.  He doesn’t appear to be doing enough in this area, yet seems more concerned about calling Republicans racist.  Crime is spiking with some revolting murders recently.  Homeless people being allowed to pitch tents in the streets has been a complete disaster.  And his gaffe on Russia and a “minor incursion” into Ukraine was just about as bad as it gets when it comes to foreign policy.  All I know is that I haven’t felt like this since Carter was President.

I would seriously rank Biden as the second-worst president of my lifetime, and that includes Nixon and Clinton.  Biden hasn't been impeached of course, but I can point to positive accomplishments by both of those other presidents.  With Biden, it feels like there's nothing but general incompetence.

Edit: Also, we're only one year in.  There's plenty of time for Biden to turn it around.  My pessimism is based on an assessment that he's not capable of turning it around.

Only for the “other guys”, board cops don’t police their team. 
My God, do you have some quota where every third post has to include whining about the moderators? Man up and stop crying already!

As for the OP, I think it's impossible to rank any president one year into his term, and I would have said the exact same thing about Trump in 2017, Obama in 2009, etc. Hell, I'm not even ready to make a definitive judgment on Trump at this point (although spoiler alert: it's not looking good). It's the same reason Hall of Fame voters have to wait five years after a player retires to vote him in: you need perspective.

I guarantee you that of the various things people are citing in this thread as evidence of Biden's failures, half of them will look completely different (some better, some worse) in 5, 10 or 50 years. And of the other half, in most cases we'll be like, "Wait, remind me what that was again?" Meanwhile, there will be a bunch of other stuff that no one is even talking about right now that will loom incredibly large.

If you want to play the parlor game, have at it. But all you're doing is revealing your own biases as opposed to any kind of reasoned judgment. 

Biden has had a terrible first year and his ratings show that. It is debatable on his place as worst ever but what we do know he is the POTUS and isnot good, all of us deserved better.   I tried to watch Biden yesterday with an open mind. 

I know he is close to 80 but he looks and acts even older. I truly hope the next 3 years are better than year one but with all the issues inside the country and add in the China and Russia problems I am not confidant it will be.

Trying to figule out why China and Russia became so emboldened with Biden at the helm and not past presidents. Seems like Bush, Clinton, Trump, Obama kept them somewhat in check.  Why are they testing Biden?

W had worse results over 8 years, inept. Iraq alone rockets him to near the top. Trump and this election nonsense secures the top spot. 

Biden been very mediocre but can’t top those two in this century.
Good post.  The Afghanistan withdrawal was a win when you compare it to the Iraq invasion.  That alone puts Bush Jr. near the bottom.  In 20 years, and with a little perspective, Trump will hands down be considered the worse president ever.  It won't even be close.  Biden is a 'Meh' president that is just a placeholder.

Biden is adisappointment for sure but can't be worse than a twice impeached President who was only saved from being convicted in a bipartisan fashion because he was no longer in office when it went to the Senate.

How bad are your blinders if you're giving the thumbs-up to $2.78 a gallon?  :doh:

$3.19 here in Pensacola.

:shrug:

I understand economics and the economy?

And its less than $4.00+ someone else was paying?

I realize that many conservatives would prefer to go back to the 1950s, but as near as I can tell, that's not possible.

(Gas prices rise and fall.  The impacts of the global pandemic, and the need to satisfy shareholders, drive the price of gas, much more than the current president - but hey, keep those blinders on - its a good look for you!)

I realize that many conservatives would prefer to go back to the 1950s, but as near as I can tell, that's not possible.

(Gas prices rise and fall.  The impacts of the global pandemic, and the need to satisfy shareholders, drive the price of gas, much more than the current president - but hey, keep those blinders on - its a good look for you!)
I will.  I like taking a 10% pay cut, work longer, and get product cuts of 50% weekly - on top of gas that is almost $1/gal more than a year ago at this time.  We haven’t touched inflation yet.

i would just like to go back to pre-pandemic business.

Updated:  edited post.  don't want to get personal - it' snot.  :thumbup:

Its not needed to handicap.  But Trump is a legitimate reason that Biden is not the worst.  Its not that Biden is great...its that Trump was that bad (despite a large amount of people not only who can't admit he was bad...but they think he was awesome).  People that are so invested in Trump they simply can't admit his flaws.  And it wasn't just mean tweets.

Safe to assume...that crowd will always vote a democrat as the worst ever...no matter what.
Sorry, not true friend. He was a champion of small business. Biden is a champion of not delivering. 

No.  Presidents don't have a "Make the Stock Market Go Up" button on their desk.  The stock market is under the president's control about as much as the weather is under his control.  I never gave Bush or Obama or Trump or any other president an ounce of credit or blame for my portfolio's performance, and I'm certainly not going to start with Biden.  This is the kind of thing that partisans point to when they've run out of valid talking points.
I suppose I should have been more clear: that was a huge evidence of 45's greatness up until Feb 2020. 

If S&P500 was so important between 2016 and 2019, why can't I cite that now?

Your response is exactly as true today as it was then; I was hoping for some reflection from those who made that claim back then.

Edit: if people can knock Biden for gas prices, I get to praise him for stonks.

Sorry, not true friend. He was a champion of small business. Biden is a champion of not delivering. 
I'm surprised you would say this.  It looks like he failed miserably.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gdp-growth-under-trump-compares-121008953.html

Here’s a look at average GDP growth rates under the last six U.S. presidents:

Jimmy Carter (D): 3.25%

Ronald Reagan (R): 3.48%

George H.W. Bush (R): 2.25%

Bill Clinton (D): 3.88%

George W. Bush (R): 2.2%

Barack Obama (D): 1.62%

Donald Trump (R): 0.95%

Worst in my lifetime.  It’s not even close.  

I can’t believe people didn’t see this coming and Democrats aren’t up in arms over their party kneecapping viable and at least lucid candidates.  
:goodposting:

for most , not all, it’s circle the wagons and defend this silly goose of a President 

Lets keep this civil.

I think we can agree that Biden has had enough time in office to make an informed decision now.

Make your case.

I consider FDR to be the timeline where there is a demarcation point between a historical POTUS context and a more modern POTUS context.

Pre FDR, the worst was Herbert Hoover. In the age of identity politics, Wilson's name will be thrown around quite a bit. Also Andrew Johnson will get swept up in that same rhetoric without context. Buchanan and Pierce will be common names in this range in general.

Post FDR, in the more modern era, it's actually Donald Trump.

My reasons will be far far far different than from the radical leftist zealots here. It's kind of like Jets fans wanting Brian Schottenheimer to be fired as offensive coordinator back in the day. The end result was good for the team and franchise, but the pairing of effective methodology and repeated clickbait outrage was just a raw coincidence. I consider the radical left to be mostly comprised of low information voters whom enjoy being state sanctioned modern day cultural terrorists. The principles of terrorism and the principles of the woke cancel culture radical left aren't that much different. However I have always recognized that liberals are NOT some monolith and I have embraced traditional liberals and I always ask my Conservative brothers to do the same. The modern traditional liberal is really a moderate in current times because of the hard relentless coordinated push into intersectional identity politics. And I have the most empathy for political moderates in present day America. When Conservatives are wiped out, they become the new face of the "enemy" and new "right side of the aisle" and their children will be the most prized high value targets left on the board. Those who refuse to be indoctrinated and those that are labeled "not pure enough" will be lined up against a wall.

The radical left won't care about the deeper context as to the highly complex problem that the Trump legacy presents to the long term Conservative base, they just want their pound of flesh.

Using the The New Deal timeline as a separation point in overall American history, Donald Trump is currently the worst former United States President.

the people voting no are not using anything to measure "worst" other than they're feelings

in 1 year under Biden we've has massive inflation, trillions added to national debt, border situation that's an absolute disgrace and humanitarian crisis, 500,000 dead from covid and the response he promised not anywhere near what was delivered, the Afghanistan debacle ..... yes, Biden is the worst in my lifetime (I'm 52) just pray he doesn't screw things up the next 3 like he's done the first year

Biden is terrible, absolute garbage, but Trump was worse.  Trump is the reason why we are at this point -> Trump got Biden elected.  I've been a lifelong conservative and I am a registered Republican, but I didn't vote for Trump in either election and I am proud of that.  (I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and Biden in 2020).  I was hoping for better from Biden, but he's an absolute buffoon and I'm very disappointed, but he's still not as bad as Trump, and I would still cast my vote for Biden over Trump if I had to do it all over again.  I just sucks that these are the choices.  

the people voting no are not using anything to measure "worst" other than they're feelings

in 1 year under Biden we've has massive inflation, trillions added to national debt, border situation that's an absolute disgrace and humanitarian crisis, 500,000 dead from covid and the response he promised not anywhere near what was delivered, the Afghanistan debacle ..... yes, Biden is the worst in my lifetime (I'm 52) just pray he doesn't screw things up the next 3 like he's done the first year

Biden is not even running this country.  It's someone else or a bunch of someone elses.  I don't see how this doesn't get worse.  At this point, Biden is nothing but a puppet for this secret group and they just roll him out there from time to time to give the impression that he's running things.  It's clear he's not.

I remember when the left was afraid of Trump being a dictator.  Turns out, they were just afraid he'd get there first.  Now that they have their junta in place, dictatorships are cool!!

It's very odd to me how much flack Biden takes because he has not adequately cleaned up the mess he was handed.

By contrast, the guy who left the mess continues to accept praise.

Makes me feel all of the crying is partisan hackery, which I guess can be expected.  Carry on.

Honestly, everything aside from inflation and the pandemic, which are really globally connected, I wish he'd take a different tone and approach to things-- I hate Trump, but stop blaming him.  I know it can't be easy with what he's dealing with from the Senate and media, but it wouldn't be easy for anyone -- You're the POTUS, give us some hope!

All that said, no way in hell he's the worst; especially after just a year.  DJT hands down --

It's very odd to me how much flack Biden takes because he has not adequately cleaned up the mess he was handed.

By contrast, the guy who left the mess continues to accept praise.

Makes me feel all of the crying is partisan hackery, which I guess can be expected.  Carry on.

DJT cleaned up Obama’s mess pretty quickly and ushered in the “greatest economy in history.”   Biden just seems to not have the moxie.  

Honestly, everything aside from inflation and the pandemic, which are really globally connected, I wish he'd take a different tone and approach to things-- I hate Trump, but stop blaming him.  I know it can't be easy with what he's dealing with from the Senate and media, but it wouldn't be easy for anyone -- You're the POTUS, give us some hope!

All that said, no way in hell he's the worst; especially after just a year.  DJT hands down --
Good post J.  I feel the same way.  Was really hoping he’d be a moderating tone and bring back a sense of normalcy to the political discourse.

Users who are viewing this thread