What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Perfect FBG President (1 Viewer)

ugh.  No it isnt.  Being homeless isn't against the law.  Loitering is.  Using loitering, as you claim, to only criminalize homelessness isn't good either. However I am pretty sure it isn't always used just for that.   So yeah, depending on the loitering, there should be ramifications.   Sorry if that might hurt your feelings, but it's real.  If I own a business I don't want some homeless guy sitting outside my shop, loitering, driving away customers.  That has to be stopped.
Jail time? Three hots and a cot on the tax payer dime?

What do my feelings have to do with it? What an odd response.  I’m talking about city loitering ordinances that effectively criminalize homelessness. Not only are such laws of questionable enforcement on constitutional grounds, they are horrible policy as the cost of incarceration is a wholly inefficient use of taxpayer dollars as a response to homelessness. 
Great.   I understand your thoughts. Thanks.   

Last edited by a moderator:
So, let's see:

-  a true statesman.  An Obama/Reagan mashup would be good.

-  can portray both ruthlessness and compassion in foreign relations and understands all the hands already dealt there.

- understands and can apply game theory in both domestic and foreign agendas

- has enough fortitude and fearlessness to speak plainly on subjects that we avoid (boys falling behind in schools, SS crisis)

- has the mental capacity to absorb and address the multitude of issues that POTUS must - think a Mick Mulvaney type.  The last two have been severely lacking here.

so you're a liberal small business owner?  are you talking about healthcare cost reduction for the employer or the employee?

I lean left on the environment and education...my two biggest problems with Trump's term where he was kind of a disaster on both.

...healthcare cost reductions for both employers and employee, I have a 7 point plan. :)  

policy is evidence-based

scientifically literate

good critical thinking skills

good public speaker

female

So, let's see:

-  a true statesman.  An Obama/Reagan mashup would be good.

-  can portray both ruthlessness and compassion in foreign relations and understands all the hands already dealt there.

- understands and can apply game theory in both domestic and foreign agendas

- has enough fortitude and fearlessness to speak plainly on subjects that we avoid (boys falling behind in schools, SS crisis)

- has the mental capacity to absorb and address the multitude of issues that POTUS must - think a Mick Mulvaney type.  The last two have been severely lacking here.
I like this criteria.

I can't think of anyone who matches it - which is a shame.

Someone who doesn’t have a “plan”; I like and want goals, but the modern candidate is all “I’m gonna do X and I’m gonna do Y, here’s some legislation I’m gonna do” and I’m tired of those kinds of platitudes and pandering to a misunderstanding of what/who the president actually is.  Without executive orders, you aren’t doing any of that laundry list of items, you’re setting yourself up for failure and/or battle stations in the R v D “see how they didn’t help!” game.

Someone who comes at it with an agenda to work with Congress the entity not Congress Rs and Ds, as well as the States as a group of 50 independent partners.  I’m of the opinion that once in office the president should effectively recuse themself from their political party; it’s not like they don’t know what they want in terms of party initiatives, but the president is not there for a specific party, just the people as a whole.

Yeah, doubtful I’ll ever get what I want

I would like to see somebody on the center-right with the communication skills and alleged wonkiness of President Clinton, the knowledge of history and philosophy and the ability to speak like President Obama, and the foreign policy bonafides and optimism of Reagan, all mixed with a deep knowledge of humanity and its longings and discontentment. I would prefer that person to be a moral agent, centered in a Judeo-Christian ethic, though not necessarily a practicing theist, but somebody who understands the importance of that. 

Users who are viewing this thread