What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022 Rookies (1 Viewer)

Definitely agree w/ a lot of the sentiments expressed upthread about Muma.  Not a great landing spot and I did make that note in my updated rookie rankings here.  Oluokon is a big hurdle but I still like Muma's talent.  I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to just use one of their taxi spots on him.  Unless you have a tiny taxi squad; but most of my 12, 14 and 16 team leagues have 12 taxi spots and I'm more than fine burning a spot on a talent like Muma who could totally pop in Year 3.

Another fast riser for me is Dane Belton on NYG.  Julian Love is a JAG and there are tackles to be had in the Giant defensive backfield.  I've been getting him at the tail end of my drafts where everyone's just throwing darts.  This dart has a lot of potential IMO.

Another fast riser for me is Dane Belton on NYG.  Julian Love is a JAG and there are tackles to be had in the Giant defensive backfield.  I've been getting him at the tail end of my drafts where everyone's just throwing darts.  This dart has a lot of potential IMO.
I don't know anything about him.  What would be a comp for him and is the potential based on opportunity, talent or both?

I don't know anything about him.  What would be a comp for him and is the potential based on opportunity, talent or both?
Having started at Iowa as a LB, he's going to project as a box safety (so upside for tackle #s), and can cover the TE.  Size (6'1", 205ish) / speed (4.43 40) combo.  I'd say it's a blend of opportunity and talent.  I don't think Julian Love is a starter-level safety right now.

Here  is some good coverage on Belton.  Comp-wise.... mmm, I'm not sure,  He is a true hybrid that I'm hopeful has game that translates to the NFL.  I've seen the Amani Hooker comparison, but I think he's more athletic than Hooker.

But I think as a late-round rookie pick you could do a lot worse in terms of both talent and opportunity.  

I don't think I have any rosters that go deep enough to take that shot.  For rookies, my drafts don't really get past 7 safeties (Hamilton - Cine - Brisker - Hill - Pitre - Cook - Cross).  There are still some other guys with day 2 draft capital like Taylor-Britt, Joseph, and Woods who are sitting on the waiver wire that I'm likely to pick up before Belton.

I don't think I have any rosters that go deep enough to take that shot.  For rookies, my drafts don't really get past 7 safeties (Hamilton - Cine - Brisker - Hill - Pitre - Cook - Cross).  There are still some other guys with day 2 draft capital like Taylor-Britt, Joseph, and Woods who are sitting on the waiver wire that I'm likely to pick up before Belton.
For me it would be an in season waiver pick up.  There are always risers at DB on the waiver wire  so having a path identified like this can be a nice bonus to put him at the top of the list.  Then if he doesn't do anything it's easy to move on.

For me it would be an in season waiver pick up.  There are always risers at DB on the waiver wire  so having a path identified like this can be a nice bonus to put him at the top of the list.  Then if he doesn't do anything it's easy to move on.
Yeah, Jaylinn Hawkins last year.

Yeah he was like a last-round dart throw where I have plenty of room on my taxi squad and no other DBs there.

Dane Belton is a solid pick-up if you have the room. I think they will use him this year when they move to nickel or other sub packages. If he can beat out Love then he would be a super gem. The problem is,  I don't believe he can take the starting position yet. I think Love is in his final year and will be playing more of where he should be playing. Reports had Love playing all over the place through OTA's and looking better than solid.  He hasn't really been given the chance to start until this year. Playing slot is his downfall and he wont have to do that regularly.

I don't have the room for him otherwise I would take a shot and put him on the taxi. He could turn into the future starter depending on whether or not Love plays well.  I have a hunch Love will shine in his new role. He may even be a captain this year for the Giants.

Any of these rookies worth a top ~15 pick in a standard all positions rookie draft?
Depends on how important IDP's are in your league and how they score.

I probably wouldn't go that high in most cases.  Hutchinson should be a solid DL but probably not an impact guy like Bosa was.

As for LB's I would probably wait and get the third or 3rd or 4th guy off the board.  I think the first few (Lloyd, Walker, Dean) are close and could go either way based on usage.

Any of these rookies worth a top ~15 pick in a standard all positions rookie draft?
I mathed and came up with these as the top IDP in my drafts:

• Zealots PPR leagues: Hutchinson 15, Lloyd 18
  • Zealots SF leagues: Lloyd 16, Hutchinson 18
  • Sleeper league with IDP123 scoring: Lloyd 14, Walker 16
It was extremely unlikely that I'd take any of them because I had Wan'Dale Robinson and Brian Robinson ahead of them in all leagues, and those guys were available later.  I did end up with Hutchinson in one Zealots SF league at pick 32, which was pretty sweet.

I managed to get Walker and Anderson at 2.07 and 3.07 in a 16 teamer with decent scoring for big plays. Lloyd, Hutchinson, Jermaine Johnson, Dean, and Karlaftis were already off the board at my 2.07. Almost took Thibodeaux but was a bit worried about him getting LB designation so he went at 2.08. It isn't a death sentence in our league but steady tackle numbers are definitely preferable. Walker, Hamilton, Cine, Mafe, Hall, and Hill went between there and my Anderson pick. We have positions for DT, DE, LB, S, and CB and can start a 4-3 or a 3-4 defense.

Users who are viewing this thread