What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Questions (1 Viewer)

PensRock87

Footballguy
dynasty questions:

Situation.  I am in a 12 owner dynasty PPR league.  The foundation of my team is T. Lawrence, J. Williams (Den), CeeDee Lamb, Deebo Samuels, Devonte Smith.  I have no other running backs behind J. Williams.  In 2022 rookie draft I hold pick 1.07, 1.10, 2.07, 2.12.

Do you think we will be able to bring meaningful RB's to our team from 2022 draft, with our draft capital?

Would you trade either of your first round draft picks for Travis Entiene?  I'm worried about the injury still, should I be?

Would you package pick 1.07 & 1.10 to trade up to 1.01 for B. Hall?

Would you stay put and draft BPA during our draft?

thanks,

Jeremy

You only keep 5 from year to year?  What are your starting requirements?

Based on your questions I would have no problem trading both 1sts for 1.01 however I doubt the guy with 1.01 would accept.  I probably would trade your 1.10 for ETN but depending on the owners view of ETN he may not go for it.

Barring any of those moves I would just take the BPA when your pick is up 

I would say there is no way a solid RB comes that late.  Not one that helps you this year at least.  I would definitely package both picks for 1.01 as Hall has the look of a stud.  Ettienne's injury scares me but I doubt you get a better player at 1.7 so I'd probably try 10 but be willing to go 7 for him and his upside.

Do you think we will be able to bring meaningful RB's to our team from 2022 draft, with our draft capital?
Depends on how you have your rookie RB's ranked compared to your leaguemates.  Do your leaguemates value RB's similar to you?  Personally, I don't think you get a meaningful one at 1.7 this year.

Would you trade either of your first round draft picks for Travis Entiene?  I'm worried about the injury still, should I be?
For me personally, no.  ETN is coming off that achilles injury.  The majority of RB's with that type of injury never return to top form (or even close for that matter).  There have been medical advancements and some exceptions here recently (Akers in limited time; Foreman, though it took multiple years to get back), but the overwhelming majority do not come close to regaining form.  So we have a player yet to play a single snap (like the rookies), coming off an achilles injury, AND a coaching staff that didn't draft him. The question becomes do you think ETN has a higher chance of being productive than your pick at 1.7 or 1.10?  If yes, then make the trade offer.  

Would you package pick 1.07 & 1.10 to trade up to 1.01 for B. Hall?
If I thought the other owner would take the trade, yes.  But I don't think they make that trade.

Would you stay put and draft BPA during our draft?
I'd probably end up drafting BPA with those two picks.

I think when rebuilding that BPA is almost always the best strategy.

BTW - ENT didn't have an achilles injury (that was J-Rob).  He had a lisfranc injury which isn't great either but better than an achilles.

I think when rebuilding that BPA is almost always the best strategy.

BTW - ENT didn't have an achilles injury (that was J-Rob).  He had a lisfranc injury which isn't great either but better than an achilles.
BPA is the best strategy for all rookie drafts.  The goal of the rookie draft is to get fantasy starters.....taking the BPA is the best chance you have to do that.

If you can trade the two picks to get to the 1.01 I'd do it. If you can't move up I'd try to move one (preferably the later) pick for a 2023 1st and some additional later picks. 

Users who are viewing this thread