What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Superflex rookie draft (1 Viewer)

GLE3

Footballguy
Hey all, hoping for some Dynasty advice as it's only my second year but I effectively purged my roster for picks last year on what was bad team before the trades.  So I got 1.01, 1.08, 2.01, 2.02, and 2.06.  The more looking into I ADP movement the more I want to shop my picks around as I see a drop off after the first round.  The guy at 1.03 wants 1.08 and 2.02.  Maybe that won't make much difference but I know I really like Hall and Walker and they should be available. Or I really like the thought of getting the WR the packers get in the first round assuming it would be someone that already has a first round ADP.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you really blew it up having more dart throws is a good thing.  There are always players that surprise in the 2nd round and become quality FF plays.  However if you have a big drop off in tiers based on your evaluations and 1.03 is significantly better in your eyes then that isn't a bad trade to move up.  For me I don't think there is a lot of a  difference from 1.03 to 1.08 so I stay put

I can't give you a definitive answer, merely a preference.  I don't consider this a strong draft class so I would be inclined to go quantity over high picks.  However, if you are enamored with Hall and Walker and believe there is a big drop off after the 3 spot (or sometime between 3 and 8), I wouldn't talk you out of the move.

I say the Top Tier 1 is in the top 5 picks this year. THere are 7 good players.  So moving up is fine.    There are some solid options in the top 15.  I think a RB won't last as long as  a Top WR, usually.  2-3 yrs or up to 5 yrs. is kind of your RB window.   The League is going more WR and paying them so that could be a sign of things to come.       I think Hall, Walker Olave, Drake London and James Cook are in the top 5.    1st Tier.   3 dubs are next WR Williams, Wilson, Watson,  top 8.   Some sleepers hit or miss.    I'm in superflex league. I built my team via draft and trade and having spots on my  roster to acquire WWs when others weren't patient.   Akers, JJefferson, AJ Brown, PIttman were among my best WW grabs.  So...  know the players you like and see how the draft goes.  You can always trade after someone drafts.  The sooner the better unless they're really into them.  I acquired Lance a day after the draft so the guy didn't get attached to him.   I've managed to win last 2 years and was in title game before that a year ahead of schedule.  Year 1 I planned on losing the first year and just acquiring talent. I love grabbing a WW or FA and trading them for 3rd rounder.   I love trading two 3rds for one 2nd rounder.   and two 2nds for one 1st rounder. Even if I'm over paying.      For this trade. I would try to get a 2023 early 1st.    After the first RBs I would load up on WRs.  Take a late pick on a QB if he's after ADP.     Try to have IF THEN trades in place.   "HEy 1.03" If  you like 1.08 AND 2.01 more than 1.03.... ask me as you're drafting.  If So & So is on the board. I'll take him and trade. Yadda Yadda. Good luck 

If you really blew it up having more dart throws is a good thing.  There are always players that surprise in the 2nd round and become quality FF plays.  However if you have a big drop off in tiers based on your evaluations and 1.03 is significantly better in your eyes then that isn't a bad trade to move up.  For me I don't think there is a lot of a  difference from 1.03 to 1.08 so I stay put

I think there's a world of difference between his choice of any WR or possibly Walker, and someone like Moore, Watson, Cook. That said, I also don't think there's much difference between 1.03 and 1.07 so unless the OP is in love with Walker and he is available at 3 OTC, I don't see the point in trading up from 8 to 3 as opposed to just moving the one spot which will surely cost less additional capital

Edit - I see this thread was bumped and your post was before the real draft, so tiers might have been a bit different when you posted

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread