What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help Please - Areas We Can Expand Our FBG Content - For Customer Service Please See Site (1 Viewer)

The #3 Area You'd Like Footballguys To Improve

• Total voters
Thank you @JAK Straw and thanks for supporting us. Folks like you make the forums possible. One of the focuses for this year is expanding our IDP coverage as I know folks want more there. 

For the interruptions to publishing, I'm not sure what you mean there. I missed Week 3 last year with Random Shots but I don't know of any real football features that have been missed. We fully realize our personal issues are not in the equation for the real football information. We deliver.

We're also expanding Dynasty coverage. For the waiver deadline, can you elaborate more on exactly what you'd like to see that cover and when in the year you need to see it?

Thanks.
Joe, I'm going to give you a string of numbers-

5,2,4,7,4,5,4,4,7,5,5,4,6,6,5. Those are the number of WR's(ppr)  that repeated a top 12 finish(15 years).

That is 5 top 12 wrs from 2020 went on to finish top 12 again in 2021.

11 of those 15 years the number is 5 or less. Yet, year after year "experts" and the crowd act differently.

Ranking and drafting 6,7,8 WR's to finish top 12 again.  In 2018 you had 9 WR's ranked to repeat top 12.

CBS, ESPN, Real Time Sports, NFL.com, and FFC had 8 to repeat. MFL average drafting had us drafting 10 to repeat.

It ended up being 4, K Allen, D Hopkins, M Thomas, and J Jones.

2018 was the only year I tracked this for all the different "experts" rankings on QB, WR, and RB and MFL ADP.

If You were to see the actual rankings from 2022 and published them tomorrow, You would probably get laughed at.

It wouldn't match what anybody else published or what "we' thought was right.

QB's are a lot more stable with the number being close to 7, RB's mostly stable at 6 and 5

except for 2018, 2015, and 2014.

Just something to think about.

Joe, I'm going to give you a string of numbers-

5,2,4,7,4,5,4,4,7,5,5,4,6,6,5. Those are the number of WR's(ppr)  that repeated a top 12 finish(15 years).

That is 5 top 12 wrs from 2020 went on to finish top 12 again in 2021.

11 of those 15 years the number is 5 or less. Yet, year after year "experts" and the crowd act differently.

Ranking and drafting 6,7,8 WR's to finish top 12 again.  In 2018 you had 9 WR's ranked to repeat top 12.

CBS, ESPN, Real Time Sports, NFL.com, and FFC had 8 to repeat. MFL average drafting had us drafting 10 to repeat.

It ended up being 4, K Allen, D Hopkins, M Thomas, and J Jones.

2018 was the only year I tracked this for all the different "experts" rankings on QB, WR, and RB and MFL ADP.

If You were to see the actual rankings from 2022 and published them tomorrow, You would probably get laughed at.

It wouldn't match what anybody else published or what "we' thought was right.

QB's are a lot more stable with the number being close to 7, RB's mostly stable at 6 and 5

except for 2018, 2015, and 2014.

Just something to think about.

I hear you! It's a challenge predicting this stuff. Thanks for being with us on it. 

I'm not sure if this is the place to discuss/ask but how do I find the MFL $10 discount link as in years past for subscribers? 

Thanks

I would frequent the site more often if League Dominator incorporated more dynasty "values", team ranks, etc.

If someone on the programming side could take your average dynasty ranks and/or the monthly dynasty trade value charts adjusted for types of leagues like sf, tep, etc. that would be something that would increase my time on your site 300% pre-season and in season.

Probably a big ask but if those values could be downloaded for your linked mfl leagues with a csv I'd give bonus points!

Thanks Joe. 

2022 Combined Rookie Draft Board.

Our Jene Bramel had to retire from doing this huge feature. But you folks requested we bring this back. So we did. And even made a slight improvement in the graphic.

It's for Rookie Drafts In Dynasty Leagues.

For folks into Dynasty and IDP, this is your jam.

Enjoy.

https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-nfl-combined-rookie-draft-board

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the kind of new Dynasty Content I'm excited about. New Staffer Kevin Coleman is doing a series breaking down some of the crowded position rooms in the league and trying to make sense of who might emerge. In this one, he looks into the Dolphins RBs. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-navigating-crowded-rb-rooms-miami

This is the kind of new Dynasty Content I'm excited about. New Staffer Kevin Coleman is doing a series breaking down some of the crowded position rooms in the league and trying to make sense of who might emerge. In this one, he looks into the Dolphins RBs. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-navigating-crowded-rb-rooms-miami
Love this, thank you. 

On the rankings, can we get the column that has minimum and maximum values subtracted out back? For example, in the redraft rankings one of the staff did not rank Joe Mixon.  As as result, FBG average says he is a mid third round draft pick.  

Standard deviations are valuable as well to me - identifies a difference of opinion which suggests trade targets.  A download mechanism would be welcomed as well.  

Thx - Mark.

On the rankings, can we get the column that has minimum and maximum values subtracted out back? For example, in the redraft rankings one of the staff did not rank Joe Mixon.  As as result, FBG average says he is a mid third round draft pick.  

Standard deviations are valuable as well to me - identifies a difference of opinion which suggests trade targets.  A download mechanism would be welcomed as well.  

Thx - Mark.

How is Mixon not ranked?  Seems to me a case of where more rankers is a negative not a positive.  Sure you can exclude that staff member but then you would have to police the oddities of all the rankers.

Thx - Mark.

Thanks Mark. Let me see what's up there as we have an error somehow if MIxon was missing from a list. I apologize if we had an error and we'll fix immediately if that's the case.

How is Mixon not ranked?  Seems to me a case of where more rankers is a negative not a positive.  Sure you can exclude that staff member but then you would have to police the oddities of all the rankers.

Where are you seeing him not ranked?

Our redraft rankings have him as RB6. He's as high as RB4 for some rankers and as low as RB12 for another ranker.

https://www.footballguys.com/rankings?pos=rb&type=redraft&scoring=ppr&excludedstaffers=&leagueid=Select+League 

What link are you speaking of?

Thx - Mark.

Where are you seeing him not ranked?

Our redraft rankings have him as RB6. He's as high as RB4 for some rankers and as low as RB12 for another ranker.

https://www.footballguys.com/rankings?pos=rb&type=redraft&scoring=ppr&excludedstaffers=&leagueid=Select+League 

What link are you speaking of?

I've been a long time member. So old, I discovered you in a FF magazine Article discussing VBD prior to 9-11 2001.   more recently I liked the old website layout way better but understand you have to change. I lost certain features I liked and used often.   I also liked getting 3yr subscription option.  I've been frustrated that I'm somehow lesser than because I don't want DFS content and I don't play or have any desire to play DFS.  I don't care about it.  I'm sure it's great option for you guys.  Not sure if my subscription just expired or whatever but I just had to re-up to see dynasty rankings or something via premium.  It was odd.  I wasn't clear what it was.   I play Dynasty and Redraft and pretty much only care about Dynasty. The only reason I'm reading in May and April is because of Dynasty.    Particular features lacking in your dynasty content are player ages column.  You used to hover over it and get an age. That's gone.  A competing website offers this service for free and it's a great reference.  So, by not offering it. I have learned to go elsewhere to get basic content.  Not because I want to.  I'm not going to click on players individually and learn their birth year on their profile page.  I don't want 27yo RBs. I don't want 29yo WRs.  Or 38YO QBs.    I wish your Superflex ranking were more prominent.   I always look for Monthly Dynasty Trade Value article, Weekly Buy Low, Sell High, Value players, Cut the Cord.  I love rookie content and like Depth Chart tools. Some of these things are harder to find.  I like the subscriber contest though I've never done very well.  I have Dominator App on my phone but ti's not great and not all of the features work.    I wish my customized Dynasty Rankings/settings were better integrated for accuracy.   It doesn't work properly. It's more geared around 1QB leagues.    I read a lot of waldman and a few others and subscribe to RSP for 10+ years.    I don't like watching videos or listening to podcasts.  They never load and I don't have earbuds so I'm just not going to get content that way. I want to read and reference it.  Maybe even save it as favorites to a profile dashboard.   Could rankings include age?    Overall Rank. Positional Ranks,  Value Rank.   Player Name, Bye Week Age.   Maybe content on how to use the data?    Just my thoughts. I've been frustrated with the platform during pandemic even though I'm back to back champs.  Go figure. 

I've been a long time member. So old, I discovered you in a FF magazine Article discussing VBD prior to 9-11 2001.   more recently I liked the old website layout way better but understand you have to change. I lost certain features I liked and used often.   I also liked getting 3yr subscription option.  I've been frustrated that I'm somehow lesser than because I don't want DFS content and I don't play or have any desire to play DFS.  I don't care about it.  I'm sure it's great option for you guys.  Not sure if my subscription just expired or whatever but I just had to re-up to see dynasty rankings or something via premium.  It was odd.  I wasn't clear what it was.   I play Dynasty and Redraft and pretty much only care about Dynasty. The only reason I'm reading in May and April is because of Dynasty.    Particular features lacking in your dynasty content are player ages column.  You used to hover over it and get an age. That's gone.  A competing website offers this service for free and it's a great reference.  So, by not offering it. I have learned to go elsewhere to get basic content.  Not because I want to.  I'm not going to click on players individually and learn their birth year on their profile page.  I don't want 27yo RBs. I don't want 29yo WRs.  Or 38YO QBs.    I wish your Superflex ranking were more prominent.   I always look for Monthly Dynasty Trade Value article, Weekly Buy Low, Sell High, Value players, Cut the Cord.  I love rookie content and like Depth Chart tools. Some of these things are harder to find.  I like the subscriber contest though I've never done very well.  I have Dominator App on my phone but ti's not great and not all of the features work.    I wish my customized Dynasty Rankings/settings were better integrated for accuracy.   It doesn't work properly. It's more geared around 1QB leagues.    I read a lot of waldman and a few others and subscribe to RSP for 10+ years.    I don't like watching videos or listening to podcasts.  They never load and I don't have earbuds so I'm just not going to get content that way. I want to read and reference it.  Maybe even save it as favorites to a profile dashboard.   Could rankings include age?    Overall Rank. Positional Ranks,  Value Rank.   Player Name, Bye Week Age.   Maybe content on how to use the data?    Just my thoughts. I've been frustrated with the platform during pandemic even though I'm back to back champs.  Go figure. 

Thanks. I'm not sure if we can change the structure to incorporate age now but let me look. We've got a quite a few urgent things to get done there first. Thanks for all the insights!

What other ideas on topics for IDP content would you like to see?
Something that would help the newbies to IDP is explaining different scoring system within IDP and how that has an affect on rankings.  For example, almost every IDP rankings I have ever seen is based on a tackle heavy or basically balanced scoring system where tackles are the end all be all.  This generally really pushes OLB's way down the rankings vs Big Play scoring systems where OLB's are many times much more valuable than tackle LB's.   Strategically this gives a big advantage to guys in big play scoring leagues that understand the typical IDP rankings don't account for it.   This is where you can get a big jump on your league if you are cognizant of how typically rankings don't match your league specific scoring.  

Piggy backing on that concept, FBG's rankings are seem to also follow this and don't incorporate different scoring systems into their rankings.  I know the myFBG content where you link to your league is supposed to do that but over the years I have found my big play leagues get a slight bump but it doesn't translate very well.  It improves some of the big play guys but it still seems to be quite a bit off.  This is just an anecdotally feeling from past years.  I haven't checked this year yet.  

What other ideas on topics for IDP content would you like to see?
True position designations seems to be a hot topic for all IDP as the league site platforms don't seem to care to get this aspect correct and it many instances make things worse by changing positions of guys every year which makes it hard to plan (especially in dynasty formats).  

Now that you have Davenport in the mix (as he seems to be a proponent of the true position format) could you develop a tool that would help identify the true positions that would make it easier to transition that to your individual leagues to bypass the default settings if your league wanted to do so.  This seems to be the desire of the vast majority of IDP players but there is no real good tool out there for this.  

Subscriber since forever until forever regardless, but I'll throw in my 2 cents since I always respect how you take feedback.

Presentation- Possibly biased since this is my trade, but I feel like a lot more can be done with how you display information.  Everyone is getting more used to infographics and charts and dashboards.  I think we can move past just a list report for a lot of things.  Take a look specifically at the reason the combined draft board is so well liked... it's not JUST that Bramel had awesome process for his rankings, but that he presented in a way that was new, better, and easy to understand.  Could be done in so many other areas. 

Best Ball- This is growing and I don't think it's slowing down anytime soon.  I think if you're really honest with yourselves, FBG didn't do a great job adapting to the DFS boom and maybe got caught a little behind in terms of tools, content, focus on that specific niche and I think for a lot of people FBG became more for season long and they used other sites for DFS.  That ship may have sailed, but Best Ball is something that I think can still be a big driver of people to FBG in the summer if you don't let it be a similar result.  Just one example... Could the draft dominator have a best ball tourney setting that overemphasizes corrolation in certain weeks to help suggest your picks?  Could you make a heat map infographic on how certain remaining players connect with players already on your team?  What about how they relate in weeks 15-17?  

IDP- First, let me start with the good.  I have one league that has an insane scoring system and your current setup allows me to see who the best FA are for that scoring and helps suggest starters with color coding.  Just want you to know that someone uses that!

I think the depth charts on D need to get way better because really IDP is mostly role and snaps.  One idea I had that might not work is something like an infographic depth chart for each team where it has projected snap percentage.  I was thinking categories such as "locked", "rotation", "battle", "rarely" for each player.  Maybe line them up something like this one.  The FS position Jesse Bates is green 100%.  The DE position, Sam Hubbard is 60% marked blue for rotation and below him Ossai 40% also blue.  At RCB, Taylor-Britt and Apple are both 50% battle.  Someone will probably win and someone will probably lose.  Once it's clear, the job winner, get's updated to 100%.  This becomes a living graphic that is updated each week so we know, who to expect all the time, some of the time, or "we're not sure".

The most helpful IDP article to me would simply be "role changes".  Maybe some charts and data that show what a player WAS doing and what he likely should be doing now (due to injury, job change, etc).  Right now, that exists, but mostly is buried in with other tidbits in IDP articles.  Nail those guys first and you will go far in IDP.

Best Ball- This is growing and I don't think it's slowing down anytime soon.  I think if you're really honest with yourselves, FBG didn't do a great job adapting to the DFS boom and maybe got caught a little behind in terms of tools, content, focus on that specific niche and I think for a lot of people FBG became more for season long and they used other sites for DFS.  That ship may have sailed, but Best Ball is something that I think can still be a big driver of people to FBG in the summer if you don't let it be a similar result.  Just one example... Could the draft dominator have a best ball tourney setting that overemphasizes corrolation in certain weeks to help suggest your picks?  Could you make a heat map infographic on how certain remaining players connect with players already on your team?  What about how they relate in weeks 15-17?  

Thanks. A big change for this year is expanding Best Ball to have a weekly versions of this feature. Have you been able to check it out https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-underdog-fantasy-bestball-report5

Thanks. A big change for this year is expanding Best Ball to have a weekly versions of this feature. Have you been able to check it out https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-underdog-fantasy-bestball-report5

I have seen them and read them yes.  I think they have value (especially ADP risers and fallers), but not exactly what I'm looking for personally.  

I think James is knowledgeable enough about what really wins a contest like underdog/DK best ball and your developers are good enough that you could compete in the space of tools to win and not just articles with opinions on players that mirror the season long type content.  To be clear, best ball (and I'm sure James would agree) much more closely aligns with winning the millionaire maker than it does with drafting a great VBD home league team.  People who play these contests seriously are looking for tools that give them a 2% chance of hitting big instead of a 1% chance of hitting big.  If you're trying to answer "who should I draft" in best ball without the context of who's on your team so far, you are very behind.  Best ball is going to be pretty well solved by draft dominator type optimizers that can correctly connect related players for best ball.

Just spitballing the types of things someone will probably do and I will probably go pay for...

Tracker for what stacks other have going in my BB draft (tells me who they're likely to target and what teams I'd have no competition for)

Like I said previously, heat map for available players correlation with my already drafted players.  Filter for weeks 15-17 only or weighted 25% week 15 25% week 16 50% week 17

Articles-

Perfect draft of an 18 player team you can get at ADP with max upside and correlation (from each draft slot).    

QBBC style stacks that work best together.  i.e. 2 teams where the ADPs don't overlap with different bye weeks, good matchups on opposite weeks, good playoff match, etc,  

The best ball overall ADP and ADP risers and fallers are nice but it would great to other kinds of best ball article as well. Articles highlighting different strategies, tournament vs non-tourney strategies, players to target, late round targets, etc. would be great to see. A few years ago I recall reading best ball mock drafts and the strategies and players targeted by each participant. I thought those articles were extremely informative but haven’t seen anything like that in a while.

The best ball overall ADP and ADP risers and fallers are nice but it would great to other kinds of best ball article as well. Articles highlighting different strategies, tournament vs non-tourney strategies, players to target, late round targets, etc. would be great to see. A few years ago I recall reading best ball mock drafts and the strategies and players targeted by each participant. I thought those articles were extremely informative but haven’t seen anything like that in a while.

Thanks. We'll be working on more of these types. 

I have seen them and read them yes.  I think they have value (especially ADP risers and fallers), but not exactly what I'm looking for personally.  

I think James is knowledgeable enough about what really wins a contest like underdog/DK best ball and your developers are good enough that you could compete in the space of tools to win and not just articles with opinions on players that mirror the season long type content.  To be clear, best ball (and I'm sure James would agree) much more closely aligns with winning the millionaire maker than it does with drafting a great VBD home league team.  People who play these contests seriously are looking for tools that give them a 2% chance of hitting big instead of a 1% chance of hitting big.  If you're trying to answer "who should I draft" in best ball without the context of who's on your team so far, you are very behind.  Best ball is going to be pretty well solved by draft dominator type optimizers that can correctly connect related players for best ball.

Just spitballing the types of things someone will probably do and I will probably go pay for...

Tracker for what stacks other have going in my BB draft (tells me who they're likely to target and what teams I'd have no competition for)

Like I said previously, heat map for available players correlation with my already drafted players.  Filter for weeks 15-17 only or weighted 25% week 15 25% week 16 50% week 17

Articles-

Perfect draft of an 18 player team you can get at ADP with max upside and correlation (from each draft slot).    

QBBC style stacks that work best together.  i.e. 2 teams where the ADPs don't overlap with different bye weeks, good matchups on opposite weeks, good playoff match, etc,  

Thanks. We'll be working on things there. We do struggle with the balance. There are some services with tools that are in the $25 per month price range. Obviously, we're way lower than that. I don't think our customers want us to get into that pricing level. But we'll see.

Thanks for the feedback on things.

Another new Dynasty feature for this year. Kevin Coleman continues his look into position rooms that are crowded.

In this one, he breaks down the Buffalo RBs. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-navigating-crowded-rb-rooms-buffalo
Love the service. Have subscribed since forever and will continue to subscribe. I definitely see the increase in dynasty content over the past few years. 

the one important constructive criticism for next year is to please get your MFBG/league import/etc stuff working and fully online right after the NFL draft ends since so many leagues start drafting the next week and over the next few weeks/months, so it definitely stinks that it’s been down since early/mid-May.  

Expanding Salary Cap League content. One way we'll do that is with a new series of roundtables with our staff. Some of these are basic like this one but our hope is to get more people into this style of play. First feature here. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-salary-cap-leagues-beginner-basics

Expanding Salary Cap League content. One way we'll do that is with a new series of roundtables with our staff. Some of these are basic like this one but our hope is to get more people into this style of play. First feature here. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-salary-cap-leagues-beginner-basics
Good start, but hopefully things get ratcheted up into more strategy articles (pre-draft, auction price vs. VBD-identifying real values, etc.)

Good start, but hopefully things get ratcheted up into more strategy articles (pre-draft, auction price vs. VBD-identifying real values, etc.)

For sure. As I said, this was a basic one. We have 12 of our foundational features for Salary Cap this year plus more. 

I'm going to deviate a bit as this is not about content per se, but rather the user experience.

I've reported two items recently to the support team: 

First, search for A.J. Dillon or J.D. McKissic or J.K. Dobbins and try to view their detailed page.  You'll note that the site breaks because of the manner in which the names are formatted.   

Second, the link for custom Cheatsheets was not resolving to anything either producing an error or a blank screen. The support team did make a quick update removing the link and adding text directing visitors to use an option within Draft Dominator to create a cheatsheet.  

Building robust error checking and handling into the site is essential to ensure casual visitors and more importantly your core user base have a positive experience.  Navigating issues should never overshadow great content.

Thanks. What kind of features do you like in an IDP podcast?
I really liked the preseason podcasts, went thru each team or position(DL, LB, DB).   I always found a few gems for my league.   During the season, injury updates for IDP, sometimes its hard to find that info.   Maybe a risers and fallers at the 3 positions.

Would it be possible to have an option to view combined DL/LB or all IDP Player Projections? Those of us that use Sleeper or have used the True Position tool on MFL have rush LBs with DE eligibility. I find myself clicking back and forth to see how my LBs with DE eligibility compare to the rest of the DEs. This is small potatoes compared to other requests, but I think it would be an easy fix? (Maybe not.)

I really liked the preseason podcasts, went thru each team or position(DL, LB, DB).   I always found a few gems for my league.   During the season, injury updates for IDP, sometimes its hard to find that info.   Maybe a risers and fallers at the 3 positions.

Thanks. We'll keep working there.

Also, I love how our John Norton is now doing a deep dive on teams with these Eyes Of The Guru. Here's the one for Kansas City. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-eyes-guru-6-kc

Would it be possible to have an option to view combined DL/LB or all IDP Player Projections? Those of us that use Sleeper or have used the True Position tool on MFL have rush LBs with DE eligibility. I find myself clicking back and forth to see how my LBs with DE eligibility compare to the rest of the DEs. This is small potatoes compared to other requests, but I think it would be an easy fix? (Maybe not.)

Thanks. This seems easy but is more difficult than it should be it seems. Not able to change for now but we'll continue to look. Importing your sleeper league into Footballguys Draft Dominator is a huge advantage though and we'll keep trying to expand there. 

Users who are viewing this thread