What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ref's 2022 12 Teamer Draft Thread..... (1 Viewer)

Interested in thoughts on Kamara.
hearing has been moved to August.....pretty brutal beating that he admits being some part of (says hey threw a couple punches) and there is video which will make it hard to just pass it on to one of his "fall guys" in his crew to take the entire rap....anticipate some sort of suspension, possibly lengthy....hard pass for me where others will be willing to take him and roll the dice...so basically he will remain on my do not draft list for any drafts prior to hearing and announcement of suspension....I'll just move to the next guy on my list and if I miss a great season by him....so be it...

hearing has been moved to August.....pretty brutal beating that he admits being some part of (says hey threw a couple punches) and there is video which will make it hard to just pass it on to one of his "fall guys" in his crew to take the entire rap....anticipate some sort of suspension, possibly lengthy....hard pass for me where others will be willing to take him and roll the dice...so basically he will remain on my do not draft list for any drafts prior to hearing and announcement of suspension....I'll just move to the next guy on my list and if I miss a great season by him....so be it...
Mostly agree. But if he fell to 3.12 I’d take him even if only for half to 2/3 of the season. 

Agreed. Too many red flags for me. The above, uncertainty of offense, gut feeling? 

Agreed. But Jones may be their best receiver. 
I think for me it is more of Rodgers propensity to force feed and target who he knows. He lost his favorite target now #2 moves up the pecking order. To me Jones has the best skill set currently on the team (WR, RB, TE) and to be the guy that your QB looks to in a pressure situation is huge in Green Bay's current situation.

Agreed. But Jones may be their best receiver. 
no doubt....its just that it feels like Dillon grabs more regular carries that would normally go to the RB1 than most backups/handcuffs...and that GB has no problem giving Dillon a lot of work....I fully expect Jones to get most of the receptions....but when it comes to tie breakers between two guys that may be projected close, I'll probably lean to the guy that doesn't have a "backup" like Dillon.....we already know Dillon is going to eat into carries that would normally go to Jones....it's not something we don't know....

Pollard and Dillon are probably two reasons to maybe think about the next guy on your list when it comes to Zeke/Jones...(there are other examples)....Pollard didn't necessarily start out that way but appears to have entered that category...I guess I am kinda of saying that (from a redraft weekly lineup perspective) it would be my own fault if I get disappointed in Jones weekly performance because of Dillon....I know it going in....best ball is a little different as you can draft Dillon later to CYA (unless somebody beats you too it... :coffee: ) ....but still even then when you only take the "best two RB scores" Dillon may steal enough points each week that you don't get that useable score from Jones....they may split the points and neither counts that week...

any of you guys know of anyone doing a dynasty start up? With the paypal fiasco I lost a few leagues. Would be willing to join a start up

Dont seem to be anything in the looking for leagues forum, dont want an orphan or disperal. Want to start from scratch

3.09 Josh Allen, QB1 - as stated in comments I was not a big fan of any of the players available at the time so went to my typical fall back of BPA. Not much too dislike about Allen. Top talent that has free ability to do whatever he wants in the offense. Still young enough to produce solid rushing numbers/TDs and continue to improve passing. Only fear is losing Dabol.

4.04 Antonio Gibson, RB21 - should be able to produce RB21 numbers at least, regardless of role barring more injuries. Decent opportunity to produce low-end RB1 numbers if things fall right.

5.09 Jerry Juedy, WR25 - considered multiple WR here, narrowed it down to two who had the best QB then went with the Homer and hope pick. Still love his talent, let's see if past production was all QB/coach related.

6.04 Kenneth Walker, RB25 - love this landing spot for him. Coach that wants to run the ball, improving OL, fresh legs. Veteran obstacle but anyone's guess how that turn out. Stacked boxes could be a challenge. 

1.10 Joe Mixon RB6 - likely workhorse in a good offense
2.03 Stefon Diggs WR6 - one of the best WRs in the league, with a high ceiling that he showed in 2020
3.10 Javonte Williams RB17 - he was close to this level last year, and even with Gordon returning he has a good chance to have a larger share of the load this year. Plus a much better QB & offense.
4.03 Cam Akers RB20 - Rams liked to use him as a workhorse when he was healthy, and hopefully he'll actually play well after several more months to return to form
5.10 Patrick Mahomes QB2 - late enough so that the top QBs start looking good
6.03 Marquise Brown WR29 - has been plenty productive over the last year and a half, and gets a boost from the Hopkins suspension

I was also strongly considering Dalvin Cook in rd1, Mark Andrews in rd2, AJ Brown in rd3, Waddle/DMoore/Metcalf in rd4, and Brandin Cooks in rd5.

RB-heavy start, but a little more balanced now after this last turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.12 Cook, Dalvin MIN RB

2.01 Pitts, Kyle ATL TE

- originally had selected Andrews with the 1.12, but decided Pitts had more upside and less competition even with Brown gone. Seriously considered going with 2xTE here, but like Cook enough to make him my RB1

3.12 Brown, A.J. PHI WR

4.01 Jacobs, Josh LVR RB

- felt like I needed to take the best WR available here. Brown doesn’t lose much imo moving to Hurts. Hope he stays healthy. Jacobs is one of the more underrated backs in the league imo. 

5.12 Mooney, Darnell CHI WR

6.01 Herbert, Justin LAC QB

- I liked a few WR here, almost took two (M brown) and had no intention of taking a QB this high but Herbert was too good to pass on and has almost as good a chance as anyone to finish as the top QB. I actually like Mooney a fair bit but this was more hoping Fields develops and there isn’t much competition for targets in the Windy City. Mooney doesn’t feel like a strong WR2 in a 12 team league but he should perform like it. Wanted cooks here. 

you stole cooks from me. 
I struggled making the Cooks selection. I was leaning either two WRs (Allen Robinson and Cooks) or taking Hockenson as my 2nd TE after one of the WRs. Was excited that both WRs were there for me at 5.11 and went with Cooks first. Sounds like I made the right decision, as you would have taken Cooks. I guess it will depend on how Hockenson does for @Duckboyover/under Robinson.

Nice commentaries everybody. Keep it coming.

Great value on Amon-Ra at the end of round 6. He probably would've been my pick at 6.03 if -OZ- had sniped me on Marquise Brown on the turn. Although maybe I would've pivoted to TE with Hockenson.

It was a long wait this weekend for my next picks and even though @BassNBrew sniped me on Russell Wilson, I am glad to get my other two targets at QB, Dak Prescott and Jalen Hurts.

QB - Prescott and Hurts

RB - Montgomery

WR - D. Samuel, D. Johnson, B. Cooks & A. Robinson

TE - Kelce

1.12 Cook, Dalvin MIN RB

2.01 Pitts, Kyle ATL TE

- originally had selected Andrews with the 1.12, but decided Pitts had more upside and less competition even with Brown gone. Seriously considered going with 2xTE here, but like Cook enough to make him my RB1

3.12 Brown, A.J. PHI WR

4.01 Jacobs, Josh LVR RB

- felt like I needed to take the best WR available here. Brown doesn’t lose much imo moving to Hurts. Hope he stays healthy. Jacobs is one of the more underrated backs in the league imo. 

5.12 Mooney, Darnell CHI WR

6.01 Herbert, Justin LAC QB

- I liked a few WR here, almost took two (M brown) and had no intention of taking a QB this high but Herbert was too good to pass on and has almost as good a chance as anyone to finish as the top QB. I actually like Mooney a fair bit but this was more hoping Fields develops and there isn’t much competition for targets in the Windy City. Mooney doesn’t feel like a strong WR2 in a 12 team league but he should perform like it. Wanted cooks here. 
7.12 Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR

8.01 Harris, Damien NEP RB

i figure if I get 11 games from Hopkins in best ball he’ll be well worth the pick here, especially as we don’t get eliminated in this league. 
I’m not big on Harris, but he’s probably still the best of the committee. Another player I don’t love in other formats but will take as my rb3 in best ball.  Was hoping Dillon would fall here, dang snipers. 

3.09 Josh Allen, QB1 - as stated in comments I was not a big fan of any of the players available at the time so went to my typical fall back of BPA. Not much too dislike about Allen. Top talent that has free ability to do whatever he wants in the offense. Still young enough to produce solid rushing numbers/TDs and continue to improve passing. Only fear is losing Dabol.

4.04 Antonio Gibson, RB21 - should be able to produce RB21 numbers at least, regardless of role barring more injuries. Decent opportunity to produce low-end RB1 numbers if things fall right.

5.09 Jerry Juedy, WR25 - considered multiple WR here, narrowed it down to two who had the best QB then went with the Homer and hope pick. Still love his talent, let's see if past production was all QB/coach related.

6.04 Kenneth Walker, RB25 - love this landing spot for him. Coach that wants to run the ball, improving OL, fresh legs. Veteran obstacle but anyone's guess how that turn out. Stacked boxes could be a challenge. 

7.09 Elijah Moore, WR36 - sniped on Dillon and considered Hopkins. I feel like a player missing games to start of the season through suspension or injury takes longer to acclimate back into an offense than a player that misses games mid-season. Will probably regret this decision. I like Moore's talent but not a fan of situation. Hopefully filling the Jets skill player cabinet it can provide the boost to the entire offense.

8.04 DeVonta Smith, WR40 - sniped on London here. Many of the things I said about Moore apply here too. Eagles stocked the cupboard for Hurts, let's see if he can direct a productive offense. It might even be the case of a WR garnering a lesser CB leads to receiver falling into their rightful spot in the NFL. WR1 on an team may not be the best position for Smith at this point in his career.

7.09 Elijah Moore, WR36 - sniped on Dillon and considered Hopkins. I feel like a player missing games to start of the season through suspension or injury takes longer to acclimate back into an offense than a player that misses games mid-season. Will probably regret this decision. I like Moore's talent but not a fan of situation. Hopefully filling the Jets skill player cabinet it can provide the boost to the entire offense.

8.04 DeVonta Smith, WR40 - sniped on London here. Many of the things I said about Moore apply here too. Eagles stocked the cupboard for Hurts, let's see if he can direct a productive offense. It might even be the case of a WR garnering a lesser CB leads to receiver falling into their rightful spot in the NFL. WR1 on an team may not be the best position for Smith at this point in his career.
Only reason I didn’t take smith was already having brown and not knowing bye weeks. 

Apparently we had pretty much the same draft board here.

I was hoping & praying that Elijah Moore would fall to me at 7.10, and settled for Thielen when you snatched him away. Then I struggled to decide between London & DeVonta Smith at 8.03. Once I was OTC I decided that the shadow of AJ Brown outweighed the uncertainty of the rookie.

1.10 Joe Mixon RB6
2.03 Stefon Diggs WR6
3.10 Javonte Williams RB17
4.03 Cam Akers RB20
5.10 Patrick Mahomes QB2
6.03 Marquise Brown WR29
7.10 Adam Thielen WR37
8.03 Drake London WR39

Sorry - I joined the league last second, so I was unaware there was a thread.  Honestly, I was moving my daughter out of college when I made the pick and forgot how serious the charge was.  Luckily, this isn't a $$ league, but of course, not the most prudent pick.  I guess we'll find out.  Typically I avoid situations like this, but if he skates by, I arguably have two top 7 RBs.

Boring trip around the turn for me.

9.09 Kareem Hunt, RB33 - pairing with Chubb in what should be a good to very good offense. Considered Edmonds as I love the situation but he has had clear paths to be a solid RB before and he has failed each time. 

10.04 Dawson Knox,TE14 - Figured I better grab a TE that has a shot at top 8 production before all you sharks leave me with chum.

9.12 Woods, Robert TEN WR

10.01 Kmet, Cole CHI TE

injured goods but I like Woods as the titans #1 receiver. Worst case, he misses time and I’m down 2 receivers (with Hopkins) early on. Best case, he’s a solid 2 in most weeks.
I think Kmet continues to improve and hopefully actually scores a touchdown this year. he’s a player I have nowhere else but have wanted to pick up.  I’m not overly enthused about having two bear receivers but in best ball that should be okay. 

1.02 Kupp, Cooper LAR WR1

Did a few mocks drafts before we tee'd this one up.  Hated the look of my team going with an RB at 1.02.  Didn't like the WR1's for my team I would be getting at end of round two, but liked the RB's I could get.  

2.11 Fournette, Leonard TBB RB11 

Should get most of the touches including receptions (69 last year). Pretty easy pick.  Would have taken Barkley if he fell. No Rojo, or really much other competition at the moment, rook doesn't seem to be a threat to early down work.

3.02 Conner, James ARI RB12 

Similar to Fournette, the main competition is gone. Connor should get most of the touches.  Think many think last year was kind of a fluke. I'm buying.  With these two RB's I ain't gonna win any sexy contests but production should be there.

4.11 Thomas, Michael NOS WR18

Probably going to find a way on a few of my teams. IMO doesn't matter if it's Winston or Dalton, have a feeling he goes back to gobbling up targets.  If nothing else, Winston should give him opps to win 50/50 balls. 

5.02 Davis, Gabriel BUF WR20

Yeah I know it was early but I don't care.  I wanted him and thought it was now or never.  Almost took him first instead of Thomas as I thought the only other person that really might like him this early would be the Bills homer with the two picks in between my picks. Rolled the dice he would pass since it's "too early". Gave the finger to ADP. Solidified the WR2 role in possibly the best offense with a stud QB. 

6.11 Brady, Tom TBB QB6 

Didn't love anything else at this turn and thought QB's might start going, so grabbed two here. As it turns out (7) went in between my 7th and 8th rounder, so possibly the right call.

7.02 Murray, Kyler ARI QB7 

These two felt like the safest and if I don't draft another, I should be ok.  

8.11 Gallup, Michael DAL WR42

I seem to have a theme going.  Kupp looses Woods (I know replaced by A-rob), Fournette loses Rojo, Connor loses Edmunds, Davis loses Sanders, Gallup loses Cooper. WTF am I doing....?

9.02 Patterson, Cordarrelle ATL RB31 

Slotted as an RB, I'll take it. Should see plenty of touches. 

thru 9....pretty meh...probably a solid C.... :banned:  

1.02 Kupp, Cooper LAR WR1

Did a few mocks drafts before we tee'd this one up.  Hated the look of my team going with an RB at 1.02.  Didn't like the WR1's for my team I would be getting at end of round two, but liked the RB's I could get.  

2.11 Fournette, Leonard TBB RB11 

Should get most of the touches including receptions (69 last year). Pretty easy pick.  Would have taken Barkley if he fell. No Rojo, or really much other competition at the moment, rook doesn't seem to be a threat to early down work.

3.02 Conner, James ARI RB12 

Similar to Fournette, the main competition is gone. Connor should get most of the touches.  Think many think last year was kind of a fluke. I'm buying.  With these two RB's I ain't gonna win any sexy contests but production should be there.

4.11 Thomas, Michael NOS WR18

Probably going to find a way on a few of my teams. IMO doesn't matter if it's Winston or Dalton, have a feeling he goes back to gobbling up targets.  If nothing else, Winston should give him opps to win 50/50 balls. 

5.02 Davis, Gabriel BUF WR20

Yeah I know it was early but I don't care.  I wanted him and thought it was now or never.  Almost took him first instead of Thomas as I thought the only other person that really might like him this early would be the Bills homer with the two picks in between my picks. Rolled the dice he would pass since it's "too early". Gave the finger to ADP. Solidified the WR2 role in possibly the best offense with a stud QB. 

6.11 Brady, Tom TBB QB6 

Didn't love anything else at this turn and thought QB's might start going, so grabbed two here. As it turns out (7) went in between my 7th and 8th rounder, so possibly the right call.

7.02 Murray, Kyler ARI QB7 

These two felt like the safest and if I don't draft another, I should be ok.  

8.11 Gallup, Michael DAL WR42

I seem to have a theme going.  Kupp looses Woods (I know replaced by A-rob), Fournette loses Rojo, Connor loses Edmunds, Davis loses Sanders, Gallup loses Cooper. WTF am I doing....?

9.02 Patterson, Cordarrelle ATL RB31 

Slotted as an RB, I'll take it. Should see plenty of touches. 

thru 9....pretty meh...probably a solid C.... :banned:  

Removal of support production in an NFL offense is not necessarily an indication of additional production for the remaining productive player. Stock market 2022.

I have a church group trip to Louisville today. It seems like a timely trip since the amazing race run Saturday at Churchill Downs, but is in fact to Louisville, Mississippi. They pronounce in like Lewis down here. We are having lunch at Lake Tiak-O’Khata.

I may have internet service and have some outstanding players already in mind as long as you yahoos don’t take them, so possibly no delay.

I hope that everyone has a great day today and embraces the possibilities that come with it.

I struggled between three players and finally gave up deciding which one and became that guy, the one who takes the first DST.

what is the deal with @OldMilwaukee? I don’t think he has even one Buffalo Bills’ player.

bro1ncos said:
Boring trip around the turn for me.

9.09 Kareem Hunt, RB33 - pairing with Chubb in what should be a good to very good offense. Considered Edmonds as I love the situation but he has had clear paths to be a solid RB before and he has failed each time. 

10.04 Dawson Knox,TE14 - Figured I better grab a TE that has a shot at top 8 production before all you sharks leave me with chum.

11.09 Justin Fields, QB20 - One QB that is extremely solid and prone to some big games. And then I get Fields who may not ever be called consistent but should have some big scoring weeks. Barring injury I will be disappointed if my QB duo places outside of top 3 cumulative QB scoring for the season.

12.04 Robert Tonyan, TE20 - has a great QB, should  get significant targets, and significant red zone targets. Now hope for a return to healthy status.

11.12 Tannehill, Ryan TEN QB

- was expecting Lawrence or Fields here. Quite happy to get Tanny, even if I’m not sold on our boys passing attack this year.  

12.01 Gage, Russell TBB WR
- considered a few others here but just really wanted a receiver I think will start the year out strong while Nuk and maybe Woods miss games.  Gage should provide adequate wr3 stats for a few weeks  

Sorry for the delays guys.  Business growth pains.  Also the text notification hasn't worked at all for me.

Thanks Stephan and Ref for pinging me when I'm up.

my text notifications haven't been working either....glad to see its not just me....I'll try to contact MFL and see whats up...

11.12 Tannehill, Ryan TEN QB

- was expecting Lawrence or Fields here. Quite happy to get Tanny, even if I’m not sold on our boys passing attack this year.  

12.01 Gage, Russell TBB WR
- considered a few others here but just really wanted a receiver I think will start the year out strong while Nuk and maybe Woods miss games.  Gage should provide adequate wr3 stats for a few weeks  
Considered Tanny and Trevor, but went pure upside with big games thrown in with Fields. And I could definitely/confidently see Tanny getting benched 10 games into the season if Tenn playoff chances aren't looking bright.

I definitely looked ahead and assumed you and ZWK were in the QB market before my next pick. I waited on my TE2 until after the turn knowing there were 3-4 guys that I could be equally disappointed in as my second TE.

Throw me in the pile of not getting texts. I just hadn't noticed because I had been able to keep up with email better than normal.

Sorry for the delays guys.  Business growth pains.  Also the text notification hasn't worked at all for me.

Thanks Stephan and Ref for pinging me when I'm up.
Loved your James Cook pick just before mine. I think he is in the ideal spot and could easily see him end up OROY this season.

I'm wondering if the fact that "we don't have a clock"....has something to do with not getting a text when we are "on the clock"....sent in a ticket...

eta: their trouble shooting is so jacked up....it says to enter your phone number "with dashes"....but then when you try to enter it with dashes, it won't take it and doesn't want any dashes....never have used dashes...

Tyler Boyd and Tyler Higbee were my top two choices at this turn and I was unable to get either. Think these two were solid picks this round.

Tyler Boyd and Tyler Higbee were my top two choices at this turn and I was unable to get either. Think these two were solid picks this round.
I was very close to taking Boyd last turn. He shouldn’t have taken this far

13.12 Robinson, James JAC RB

14.01 Hooper, Austin TEN TE

- at this rate I’ll probably end up with Jrob in far too many leagues. I get that ETN is there and will take touches and there’s the injury, but I really don’t think Robinson falls completely off. 
- I don’t know what to make of the titans offense this year. high hopes for woods and burks, and I think Tanny is among the most underrated QBs in the league now. But I’m definitely willing to bet that  hooper is a decent part of the offense this year. I’ll happily take him as the TE25. 
- players I strongly considered: Jameson (just didn’t want another injured wr), C Davis. Wanted Zach Wilson and Boyd to drop. 

Sorry about delay on second pick. Traveled to Arkansas today to visit Mom and then went with friends to dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread