What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roe v. Wade Overturned (2 Viewers)

Looks like a leak going on.  That cant be good.  Going beyond the decision (that they have not ruled yet)…that this memo was leaked?   Also big news.   

Wrong Alito...do your job.  If the feds can dictate a drinking age of 21, a requirement to have health insurance, or a national speed limit (years past), then they can make a decision on abortion.  This should apply of the right to carry also.

Wrong Alito...do your job.  If the feds can dictate a drinking age of 21, a requirement to have health insurance, or a national speed limit (years past), then they can make a decision on abortion.  This should apply of the right to carry also.
I’ve never thought of those angles.  This is a very fair point.  

The drinking age Act doesn’t mandate it.  If a state chooses a different age it just means they get less federal funding.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
The drinking age Act doesn’t mandate it.  If a state chooses a different age it just means they get less federal funding.
As a teen in the last holdout state (Louisiana, who else?) I remember this debate way back when.  Ultimately they caved and went to 21.  It was a defanged as humanly possible.

If a clerk leaked this, what are those ramifications?  This seems to be a disaster for trust within the SCOTUS.

I’ve never thought of those angles.  This is a very fair point.  

I'd also put gambling in this category to.  It shouldn't be so complicated to live in the USA.  Alternatively we could break up into 50 countries and deal with that crap show.

Yeah, right. 
Hopefully this is the last opinion issued so that this process cannot occur before November.  I fully expect that the far left will scream and cry and demand that any and action possible be enacted toallow this evil to continue unabated.

Politico has some serious moles in Liberal circles.  They broke news of the Disinformation Governance Board last week before Mayorkas announced it.

Dershowitz just said it was probably a Liberal clerk, which makes sense.  Pressure can now be put on the Justices.  Dems could even pack the Court.

I'd find it just as likely to be a conservative "leak" either to gauge reaction or to put this information out there and then, voila, the decision doesn't actually overturn Roe and liberals have egg on their face and conservatives can say, "hey, we didn't overturn it so all is well" while gutting the thing substantially.

All that being said, I have no idea if the leak is real or who did it if so.  Just saying it could cut either way.  And either way, whoever leaked it should be toast for the rest of their legal career.

On the plus side...nice business opportunity in some states to promote Aborcations with their wineries and beaches.

I'd find it just as likely to be a conservative "leak" either to gauge reaction or to put this information out there and then, voila, the decision doesn't actually overturn Roe and liberals have egg on their face and conservatives can say, "hey, we didn't overturn it so all is well" while gutting the thing substantially.

All that being said, I have no idea if the leak is real or who did it if so.  Just saying it could cut either way.  And either way, whoever leaked it should be toast for the rest of their legal career.
Someone from Roberts corner of the building, who's concerned about the Court and its reputation generally, could be on the hook here.  Or Alito, if his draft was watered down or whatever.  

Lots of possibilities.

Will be interesting to see how fast the test case on overturning Same Sex Marriage gets before SCOTUS now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really.

There will be no shortage of liberal states offering free abortions if you want one.
I believe abortion is a constitutional right that should be legal in all 50 states. Forcing women to go from state to state (which will be impossible for some) is unconscionable. You’re going to have backstreet abortions in some of these states. You’re going to have young girls with no options committing suicide or dying. I’m not being hyperbolic here. This is a complete disaster. 

I believe abortion is a constitutional right that should be legal in all 50 states. Forcing women to go from state to state (which will be impossible for some) is unconscionable. You’re going to have backstreet abortions in some of these states. You’re going to have young girls with no options committing suicide or dying. I’m not being hyperbolic here. This is a complete disaster.

Wow.   You really pulled out all the stops. End-of-the-world scenario here.

I doubt if any of that happens.  

I hope this wakes up suburban women. The Christian Right has pushed for this for decades. They finally got the President they wanted in Trump and he delivered for them. And now we once again have women as second class citizens. Horrible. 

Someone from Roberts corner of the building, who's concerned about the Court and its reputation generally, could be on the hook here.  Or Alito, if his draft was watered down or whatever.  

These are interesting ideas with some merit.  Could be from anywhere, really.  It angers me no matter who it is, though.  This should be, and has been, a place where we could depend upon honor and confidentiality.  Assuming it was a clerk (a SC justice surely wouldn't do it), they're also throwing away the most coveted position for any former law student to get, for perceived political gain of whatever stripe.  :X  

Weird to find myself in agreement with Tim.

Per Planned Parenthood 26 states are primed to make abortion illegal as soon as this is announced. 

I don’t know what good it will do but I am sending $500 to Planned Parenthood tonight. I feel like I have to do something…

I hope this wakes up suburban women. The Christian Right has pushed for this for decades. They finally got the President they wanted in Trump and he delivered for them. And now we once again have women as second class citizens. Horrible. 

Wait...wut?  It's not our side that's saying biological men are actually women if they say they are.

On the plus side...nice business opportunity in some states to promote Aborcations with their wineries and beaches.
This country was founded on the basis of 50 separate experiments.  This is what something like abortion should have always been.

Users who are viewing this thread