What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dan Snyder thread (1 Viewer)

I think most everybody wants to wave bye-bye to this guy. There have been more deserving people, that's for sure. That's a wild understatement. 

This guy is a pox on the owners. He's so bad he's a pox on the pox. 

Well Snyder bought Washington for 750 million.  Right now, the value listed for a sale is around 4.5 billion.

Not a big finance guy but that seems like a decent ROI if he sells.
4.5 billion for that pile of trash?

man, I should’ve majored in Owning An NFL Franchise in college instead of computer graphics. 

Making money on the transaction is nice, but 4 billion cannot erase the embarrassment of getting kicked out of the private club that has 32 exclusive members. 

Buying a sports team is a good investment, but it's everything else that's attractive. The fame, the cool events you are now a VIP at, etc. Owning a team is a fun way to be a rich person.

Do you KNOW how Snyder made his money? Look it up, you'll fall asleep just reading about it. You can make billions advertising in doctor's offices, but that doesn't really make people whisper when you walk in the Capital Grille. 

Snyder bought himself a membership in the cool kids club, now they are telling him to beat it. That's super embarrassing. 

Making money on the transaction is nice, but 4 billion cannot erase the embarrassment of getting kicked out of the private club that has 32 exclusive members. 

Buying a sports team is a good investment, but it's everything else that's attractive. The fame, the cool events you are now a VIP at, etc. Owning a team is a fun way to be a rich person.

Do you KNOW how Snyder made his money? Look it up, you'll fall asleep just reading about it. You can make billions advertising in doctor's offices, but that doesn't really make people whisper when you walk in the Capital Grille. 

Snyder bought himself a membership in the cool kids club, now they are telling him to beat it. That's super embarrassing. 

That is still up in the air.  There are many "cool kids" that could be worried they are next.

That is still up in the air.  There are many "cool kids" that could be worried they are next.

This is the issue.  Hard to imaging Jerry Jones voting to oust Dan with the anvil Dan must have hanging over his head.

They aren't gonna make him sell even if he stole their money.  They'll give him another under the counter fine and move on.  Just about all these owners have dirt on them.  As do all of us ... just nobody cares about us.   Snyder is an awful human.  And he'll survive this mess until the day he dies.

Is there any chance Redskins fans can start doing chants at home games to make Snyder not want to go? "Dan must go", "Dan-iel, Dan-iel", and "Snyder Sucks" are just some suggestions.

So where is the update on the vote count?? Is this a hole buying his way out of this one too???  :wall:

I'm thinking "counting the votes" maxed out at 6 or 7 votes.  Guys like Jerry, Mark Davis, Haslam, Irsay have PUBLIC crap...the private stuff could be incendiary.  And Little Dan knows.  Heck, I'd be surprised 0% if the owner of my team, Jed York, is some sort of closet creep.  I don't think they ALL are, but I think enough are that 24 votes will never be reached.

I'm thinking "counting the votes" maxed out at 6 or 7 votes.  Guys like Jerry, Mark Davis, Haslam, Irsay have PUBLIC crap...the private stuff could be incendiary.  And Little Dan knows.  Heck, I'd be surprised 0% if the owner of my team, Jed York, is some sort of closet creep.  I don't think they ALL are, but I think enough are that 24 votes will never be reached.
If every one of these old rich extremely powerful men don't have some type of skeletons in their closets then they simply aren't using their vast resources correctly.

There's a non-zero chance a group of them get together and rent out a private island to hunt the most dangerous game... Man.

Any proof to this notion that Snyder has secret files on other owners, and will unleash Hades on 30 billionaires if they dare mess with him?  

Any proof to this notion that Snyder has secret files on other owners, and will unleash Hades on 30 billionaires if they dare mess with him?  
I don't think so and I've looked. I can speculate that being privy to all these league conversations and doings is probably enough to give him a ton of leeway when it comes to owning one of the football clubs. Merely being there for the discussions about the franchise moves to L.A., television deals, Goodell's power and use thereof, and the Commanders' own fiasco with respect to their stadium, cheerleaders, etc. are probably enough to keep Snyder in the owners' circle of "trust," as it were. 

It's probably going to have to be even something worse than what he's pulled to get him out. Right now, it would seem his dirt on them is the only logical reason for him still being there and not being forced out. He really is a pox on even NFL ownership. Occam's razor says they have dirt on him. 

The Congressional hearing is going on today at this moment.

Document reveals details of 2009 sexual assault allegation against Daniel Snyder

...the woman alleged that Snyder asked her to sit with him in a private area at the back of the plane, away from the other passengers. At one point during the flight, she alleged, Snyder asked her for sex, groped her and attempted to pull off her clothing before she stopped the assault and pushed him away...

the team eventually agreed to pay her a seven-figure sum as part of a settlement...

...the 2009 allegations against Snyder remains confidential because of Goodell’s refusal to release any public report or findings from her investigation. ..

... new allegation of sexual harassment against Snyder, by ... a former cheerleader and marketing manager for the team, accused the owner of putting his hand on her leg under the table at a team dinner and trying to force her into his limousine.

...On Wednesday, Goodell is scheduled to appear before the House Oversight Committee to discuss the NFL’s handling of its investigation of Washington’s workplace culture. Snyder declined a request to appear at the same hearing, saying he had a team-related business meeting in another country the same day.

...For the next 11 years, the settlement remained a closely held secret, ...

...When Wilkinson began investigating that July ...

...the team publicly released former employees from nondisclosure agreements to speak, Snyder’s lawyers argued to Wilkinson this release did not apply to the 2009 accuser ...

... As she was preparing to interview Snyder in November 2020, however, Donovan sued Wilkinson in federal court, seeking an injunction that would prohibit her from discussing anything connected to the 2009 settlement with the NFL...

...When the NFL announced the conclusions of Wilkinson’s investigation, in July 2021, the league fined the team $10 million for having an abusive workplace culture but released no public report. That kept any conclusions Wilkinson made about the 2009 allegations against Snyder confidential...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Roger Goodell will testify, Daniel Snyder won’t at congressional hearing

...The hearing is scheduled for 10 a.m. June 22 on Capitol Hill.

...“A congressional hearing is a very serious event,” Rapallo said.

Lisa Banks and Debra Katz, attorneys who represent more than 40 former team employees, called for the committee to issue a subpoena to compel Snyder’s testimony.

“We, along with our clients, are disappointed but not surprised that Dan Snyder does not have the courage to appear voluntarily,” Banks and Katz said in a statement. “We fully expect the Committee will issue a subpoena to compel Mr. Snyder to appear. It is time that Mr. Snyder learns that he is not above the law.”

@MySportsUpdate

Things are getting feisty: After Roger Goodell finished his opening remarks, Rep. Byron Donalds, a Florida republican, jumped in saying this entire hearing is a waste of time. "You can bang the gavel all you want, but I don't really care."

@MySportsUpdate

US Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney says she will be issuing a subpoena for Daniel Snyder to testify next week. Can no longer duck showing up. Not wasting time.

Panel Finds Daniel Snyder Interfered With Sexual Harassment Investigation

In a memo, a Congressional panel said it found evidence that the Washington Commanders owner conducted a “shadow investigation” of accusers.

...At Snyder’s behest, his legal team used private investigators to harass and intimidate witnesses, and created a 100-page dossier targeting victims, witnesses and journalists who had shared “credible public accusations of harassment” against the team.

...Snyder sought to discredit those who had made claims against the team and to create “an exculpatory narrative” that Snyder was not to blame for the misconduct,

...Snyder and his lawyers also gathered thousands of emails from Bruce Allen, who was a Commanders executive from 2009 to 2019, in an effort to blame Allen for the creation of a toxic work environment, and sought to influence the N.F.L. investigation through direct access to the league and Beth Wilkinson, the lawyer who led the league’s report,

.... The team’s former chief operating officer told the committee that Snyder “refused to take action” against a coach who allegedly groped a public relations employee and fired female workers who engaged in consensual relationships with male football operations employees, while the men kept their jobs...

Dan Snyder, owner of an NFL team.  Gropes one of his female employees, attempts to remove her cloths as he asks for sex, gets refused, pays off that employee, makes her sign an NDA, gets investigated for creating a sexually abusive workplace, that investigation discovers the 11 year old NDA, Synder tries to keep it secret, makes an enemies list and tries to discredit anyone who tries to say the truth, gets called before Congress, doesn't show up, goes to Cannes, then posts this photo showing his 'team' partying with a bevy of blondes.

-----------------------------------

A.J. Perez@byajperez

Today, Congress held a hearing on the Commanders' workplace culture. Also today, a photo of four Commanders execs — two VPs, chief creative/digital and the senior director of global events — on a yacht at Cannes was posted to FB w #workwithprettypeople as the tagline.

LINK to photo

----------------------------------

Commanders’ new culture was on display in France today

You really can’t make this #### up.

On the same day that Commanders owner Daniel Snyder was chided for declining an invitation to testify before the U.S. House Committee on Oversight & Reform because he had his luxury yacht docket at a resort in France, team executives (according to A.J. Perez of FrontOfficeSports.com) posted a photo that doesn’t really mesh with the no-longer-Mad-Men culture that the team now espouses.

Per Perez, a group of four Commanders executives posted on Facebook a photo on a yacht in Cannes with the hashtag #workwithprettypeople.

At best, it’s ridiculously tone deaf. At worst, it’s another middle finger to Congress, at a time when Congress has vowed to subpoena Snyder to testify.

Either way, it undercuts the effort by the team to make fans and media forget about the way things were. Based on that photo, it’s fair to wonder whether the more things change, the more they stay the same.

thom loverro@thomloverro

Skipper Dan the Sailor Man was invited to Congress to defend himself. Instead, he was in Cannes on his yacht.

Animal House road trip?

He is not Otter or Boon.

He’s Neidermeyer, a weasel who hid out of fear, not bravado. My column #Commanders #DanSnyder

Apart from potentially stealing money from the league and any unauthorized photos, I don't see the big deal.

Dan Snyder Protected Coaching Staff from Sexual Harassment Allegations to “Make the Problem Go Away” (pp. 167-68)

Q: You mentioned a sexual harassment incident. What are you referring to?

A: That was fall of 2002. There was a member of the public relations staff that was groped by a member of the coaching staff at an event. I believe it may have occurred on a bus. It was an evening event. And it got reported to me. I don’t know if it came in through [REDACTED] or how it came in, but it got to me. And I talked to Dan about it, and I knew what we were going to do and—which was nothing. And we told the person to just stay away from the coach, we would do our best to keep the coach away from you, but stay away from the coach. Obviously, that is not right. That’s what we did.

Q: Did you talk with the coach about the allegations?

A: No.

Q: And when you say that you knew what we were going to do, how did you come to an understanding of what you were going to do?

A: Well, I had spent, at that point, six years with Dan. I knew the importance of things that were important to him. This was a new coach and we weren’t going to disrupt that new coach. And so we were going to make the problem go away as best we could.

Q: The problem being the public relations staff?

A: Yeah.

Q: Did Mr. Snyder tell you not to take action?

A: He told—he told me—together, he and I came up with, like, we weren’t going to confront the coach, and keep this person away from the coach. Together we came up with that plan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Female Staff Were Fired for Violating a Non-Fraternization Personnel Policy While Male Staff Faced No Consequences; Mr. Snyder “Wanted the Problem to Go Away” (pp. 129- 131)

Q: Is it your testimony today that this policy regarding prohibited relationship with football players did not just apply to cheerleaders, but to front office employees?

A: Yes.

Q: Do you recall any instances of employees who were not cheerleaders who violated this policy?

A: Yes, I do.

Q: Can you tell me about that?

A: Yeah, I can think of two stories. One involved—both involved women and on the front office side, and people on the coaching staff.

Q: Can you tell me more about those? 3

A: One of them involved a woman in a leadership role on the front office side who engaged in a regular and active sexual relationship with a senior member of the coaching staff. And we discovered that. And when we discovered it, we briefed Dan Snyder on it, and the conclusion was made to terminate the woman involved. We—the evidence that we had was incontrovertible, in that it was described in detail in hundreds of emails. Yeah

Q: What happened to the coaching staff?

A: Nothing. We didn’t say anything to the coach involved.

Q: Why not?

A: We didn’t want the coach to have any distractions. We just wanted the problem to go away, as it were. So when we terminated the woman involved, the termination was done by me and Norm Chirite together. And we gave the employee no reason why we were terminating her. She pressed hard, she speculated that we knew. We did not admit that we knew, and just informed her that today was her last day, and gave her an agreement to sign that involved some amount of severance with an NDA, nondisclosure.

Q: Anything else?

A: To that story? No, nothing else.

Q: Did Mr. Snyder know?

A: He knew. He knew as soon as I discovered it. Actually, it was discovered by [REDACTED], the CFO. [REDACTED] informed me, I reviewed the evidence, I immediately informed Dan. The decision to terminate this person took minutes to make that decision and was done within 24 hours.

Q: Who made that decision?

A: Dan Snyder made that decision. I agreed with it. I’m not saying that’s right, but I agreed with it

Dan Snyder Approved the Firing of Cheerleader for Having a Relationship with Football Player, but No Action Was Taken Against Player (pp. 93-97)

Q: Mr. Pauken, you mentioned earlier that prior to your arriving at the Commanders, you believed that there was a policy that perhaps governed the conduct of cheerleaders; is that correct?

A: Yes.

Q: Can you tell me about that policy?

A: I believe when I got there, there was some policy in place which, as I mentioned, I reviewed and edited. And it covered the conduct of the cheerleaders and perhaps other matters I can't recall. Included in there was a prohibition against relationships with football players, other team staff, and I don't know—I don't recall how far it went in the definition of relationships, but it included not having sex with players. That was the intent of it. …

Q: Do you know if that policy was ever violated during your tenure?

A: It was.

Q: Do you recall when

A: Yes. This would have been the 2005 season. There were two cheerleaders involved, [REDACTED]. And the player involved—and I mention this because this is all publicly reported, was Chris Cooley. It came to my attention, and I don’t recall how, that [REDACTED] had been involved in a sexual relationship with Chris Cooley. It was credible information. I had Donald Wells confront [REDACTED] about it, [REDACTED] reported to Donald Wells and validated what was happening. And it was a violation of the policy with the cheerleaders to have sex with a player. I talked to Dan about it, and he said that we should fire [REDACTED] and I agreed with him. Frankly, I agreed with him we should fire [REDACTED]. And then told Donald to fire [REDACTED], and we did. … And unfortunately, this was a situation where the female employee was treated differently than the male. The female employees were fired, the male employee was—there were no repercussions other than he was restricted from additional sex with the cheerleaders. This story is fairly widely publicized.

Q: Was Chris Cooley ultimately hired by Dan Snyder to work on the business side of the Washington Commanders?

A: Yes, I believe that he was after I left. He was in some capacity

Dan Snyder Said to “Keep Cheerleaders Skinny and With Big ####” (pp. 64-65)...

Mr. Snyder Invited Mr. Pauken and Others on Weekend Trip Where “We’ve Got Girls Lined Up,” Which Mr. Pauken Believed Were Prostitutes (pp. 142-45)

... we’re going to go have a day trip to Minneapolis, go there, watch the game, come home.

And like I’m working a lot, I’ve got three kids, et cetera, and I’m leaving to go on a day trip on a Saturday, I think it was on a Saturday. I’m pretty sure it was a Saturday. And so I go. I get on the plane, and I get in the air. And I’m told that we’re going to be gone for a couple of days.

And I said, hey, Dan, you told me this was a day trip. I told [REDACTED]— [REDACTED] is my wife—I would be home tonight. And also, I have no luggage. I didn’t bring anything. And, look, to Dan, these are irrelevant details, okay, because you can call your wife and say you’ll be a few days, and you can have somebody go out and buy you some clothes when you get to Minneapolis. These are just like not even relevant details.

And he said, we’ve got girls lined up, and there’s one for you. And to be honest, I wasn’t sure what to do with that, other than to know I was in trouble here and needed to figure out a way out. And we get to Minneapolis, we get over to the hotel that we’re staying in. And there are a number of beautiful women in this 6 hotel suite who are physically very affectionate and they—nobody said they were prostitutes. I assumed they were prostitutes. They had flown in from Dallas. And so we sat around, had drinks. I did my best to avoid being touched by them. They were very affectionate to Dan and other men who were with us. And when it came time to go to the game, they had tickets that were in a different place than our tickets because Dan’s a public figure, he’s not going to be sitting there next to these women...

“And He Would Ask Me for $500 … It Happened Again in 2005. And I Put It on My Expense Report to Get Reimbursed $500 Plus a $1.50 Charge” (pp. 147-49)

Q: Do you recall any other instances where Mr. Snyder brought girls to events on work travel or personal travel, or used girls’ services?

A: Yeah, I—so there was an instance in—I think, again, it was in 2001, and I know it happened again in 2005, where he and I were in New York. And we would be at a dinner, and we were walking back to the hotel. And he would ask me for $500. And I said, Dan, I don’t have $500. And I know better than to ask Dan if he has $500. Number one, he wouldn't be asking me if he had it. And number two, I know he didn’t really carry much cash, typically. And he said, well, can you get me $500 from a money machine? Now, he has a money card. He can get $500, but he asked me to get it. So I did.

And it’s late at night, and I give him the money and he goes to his room. And he says, I’ll see you in the morning. And, look, I wasn’t born yesterday. I’m not— there’s not too many things you need $500 for at 11:00 at night, where you’re staying at the St. Regis, where you can put anything on the tab that you might need.

And in my marriage, my wife keeps the checkbook and I don’t ever pull $500 out. I’ll pull 200 out, and it would be very unusual for me to pull $500 out in the evening. And she would notice that. She has an attention to detail. So I called her that night and told her what had happened. 7 After that, I told [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] that whenever I traveled, and they would know when I'm traveling, I wanted somebody to put at least $1,000 in cash in my hand, so that if I was ever asked for cash, I had it. And I didn’t want to be in a situation where I needed to call my wife again. I think in 2005 or—I don’t know what happened, but I—the same thing happened. We were in New York and I pulled $500 out of a Citibank. And I know this because I have my 2005 expense reports. I have my 2005 calendar. And there’s a receipt for a withdrawal at Citibank and—on my calendar that clearly says I flew to New York with Dan on Thursday and was with him all day on Friday. So it happened again in 2005. And I put it on my expense report to get reimbursed $500 plus a $1.50 charge.

I can keep going.

Q: Please...

IIRC Sterling had to sell his NBA team because of racist comments he made in a private conversation. I would never defend him but in light of that I don't understand how Snyder didn't have to sell many years ago.

Seems pretty widely accepted that Snyder has dirt on the other owners. Why wouldn't he, that's what he's all about. All the NFL can do is give vague answers and ride the waves of outrage. I'd expect him to die in an "accident" or from an "overdose" before being kicked out. 

Interesting.

Looking at the twitter accounts of Football Guys, over the past two weeks.

Sigmond Bloom Twitter

Has 5 tweets about Desuan Watson.

ZERO tweets relating to Daniel Snyder.

Joe Bryant twitter

Has 7 tweets about Desuan Watson.

TWELEVE to ZERO.

This sort of idiosyncrasy of selective outrage is noticed. 

It 'appears' this fantasy football sight knows who butters their bread, the NFL billionaire owners. 

Interesting.

Looking at the twitter accounts of Football Guys, over the past two weeks.

Sigmond Bloom Twitter

Has 5 tweets about Desuan Watson.

Joe Bryant twitter

Has 7 tweets about Desuan Watson.

TWELEVE to ZERO.

This sort of idiosyncrasy of selective outrage is noticed. 

It 'appears' this fantasy football sight knows who butters their bread, the NFL billionaire owners. 
You have a point. 

However, as to how they pertain to fantasy football, Deshaun is infinitely more relevant than Snyder. You do concede that these guys work for a fantasy football site.

as to how they pertain to fantasy football, Deshaun is infinitely more relevant than Snyder
Dan Synder has more fantasy football relevance than Korean barbeque, HOA flags, Haywain vacations, and latex cranium makeup or el Chupacabra, amusing but hardly FF relevant yet all of found time to be the focus of tweets.

----------------------------------------------

• Joe Bryant@Football_Guys
Gold.

Omniscient Orb of Pancakes@OmniscientOf

renting and returning ten books a day from my local library while subtlety increasing the size of my cranium with latex and makeup until they say something LINK to picture

----------------------------------------------------------------

Joe Bryant@Football_Guys

God Bless Texas.

A chupacabra?: Texas zoo seeks help identifying 'strange' creature captured on camera LINK to picture

House committee accepts Commanders owner Dan Snyder's offer to testify virtually on July 28

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Reform has accepted an offer for Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder to testify virtually July 28.

... he would be allowed to testify via Zoom under the conditions set out by the committee's initial subpoena "to ensure that Mr. Snyder's testimony will be full and complete and will not be restricted in the way it would be if the deposition were conducted voluntarily."

...Snyder declined on two different occasions to appear ...

...Snyder has until Wednesday at noon ET to confirm he will appear before the committee, ...

Why Washington Commanders Owner Dan Snyder Agreed to Testify Voluntarily

...Snyder wants to testify voluntarily because in a voluntary testimony, he isn't required to answer the questions volleyed to him by Congress. He can say "no comment" or dodge the question. However, if he testifies under the subpoena, he will be forced to answer any questions Congress gives him.

By testifying voluntarily, it gives Snyder the advantage and it prevents all of the information to get out. By testifying under the subpoena, Snyder has the opportunity to become totally exposed, which could hurt his case even further.

Where would this guy rank on your list of "worst owner of a professional sports team in my lifetime"?

I'm a baby boomer and can't remember a worse owner in my lifetime. Maybe with some remembering research I could come up with one.

O.K. Donald Sterling comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread