What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2022-23 NBA Thread: “you’ll never let me down like the Heat did”, Miami fan says to giant pile of cocaine (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the Lakers can pull off a love for Kyrie but wonder if NYKnicks can. 

Best couple weeks of the hoops year.
Sixers offseason > Sixers in season. 

The 2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee is protected Nos. 1-4, sources said. Detroit sends Grant into a $21M trade exception, and Pistons now have $43 million in salary cap space for free agency.

Nice work by both sides. 

I have no idea what Portland is doing.

ETA: I like it more for them than Detroit, I guess, just doesn't seem like they're going anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frostillicus said:
The 2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee is protected Nos. 1-4, sources said. Detroit sends Grant into a $21M trade exception, and Pistons now have $43 million in salary cap space for free agency.

Nice work by both sides. 
At first blush it seems like a bad trade for the Pistons. But if they can turn that cap space into something good while holding onto the #5 pick it might turn out ok.  Small addition is the pistons go from 46 to 36 in the 2nd round this year. 

Detroit also acquires a second-round pick in 2025 and one of Portland’s second-round picks in 2026.

Apparently some of the teams wanting #4 from the Kings would be trading up for Murray, not Ivey. After reading about and researching Ivey for the last week, I’m not sure what to think about him. 

The Detroit Pistons are expected to heavily pursue Phoenix big man Deandre Ayton, per James L. Edwards III of The Athletic.

The Pistons just dealt Jerami Grant to the Blazers for a 2025 first-round pick (via Milwaukee), so they have a bit more wiggle room than they did this morning. As it stands, Detroit has Isaiah Stewart as their center, but he had a down season at a time when many thought he would make a jump, so they’d likely have no problem placing him in a backup role if Ayton does end up in Motor City. The Pistons don’t have to use all of their $43 million worth of cap space this offseason though, so they could just take on some so-so contracts and collect more assets, but at least they’d be flexible. Ayton’s time in Phoenix has appeared as if it was over since Game 7 of the Western Conference Semifinals, and hopefully some deals are settled when the draft rolls around in about 24 hours

I am homeless. I need a team to adopt me. 

I like Ivey a lot. Not Murray
From that Athletic article: “With the 2022 draft a day away, trading Grant would appear to signal that Iowa’s Keegan Murray is seriously being considered with Detroit’s fifth selection if he’s available. However, Purdue’s Jaden Ivey and Arizona’s Bennedict Mathurin remain in play.”

The Pistons are one of those teams I mentioned earlier that may prefer one of those wings to Ivey. 

From that Athletic article: “With the 2022 draft a day away, trading Grant would appear to signal that Iowa’s Keegan Murray is seriously being considered with Detroit’s fifth selection if he’s available. However, Purdue’s Jaden Ivey and Arizona’s Bennedict Mathurin remain in play.”

The Pistons are one of those teams I mentioned earlier that may prefer one of those wings to Ivey. 

I agree they are thinking Murray or Bennedict over Ivey. I just hate it. Hope I am wrong about either of those guys if they take them. I prefer Sharpe or Ivey 

Supposedly Atlanta and San Antonio discussing a swap of John Collins for Dejounte Murray (per bleacherreport)

Time to dust off the Official FFA Martin / Scola Honorary Unrealistic Trade Machine

Nets get: Hayward, Rozier, Lakers 2027 1st

Hornets get: Westbrook, THT,  Lakers 2029 1st, $ for their cheap butts to pay Bridges

Lakers get: Kyrie, Joe Harris

Move the Lakers picks around as you see fit. Won’t matter, we’ll all be under water by then. 

Pistons fan here … yea that trade sounds horrible for us. Hard to imagine that was the best offer out there. 
Also from the Athletic: “It was widely expected and rumored that Grant would bring back, at minimum, a lottery-level pick in a deal. That, clearly, did not happen here, and, per sources, this deal is the best offer the Pistons have received on Grant, even dating back to February’s trade deadline.”

The Detroit Pistons are expected to heavily pursue Phoenix big man Deandre Ayton, per James L. Edwards III of The Athletic.

The Pistons just dealt Jerami Grant to the Blazers for a 2025 first-round pick (via Milwaukee), so they have a bit more wiggle room than they did this morning. As it stands, Detroit has Isaiah Stewart as their center, but he had a down season at a time when many thought he would make a jump, so they’d likely have no problem placing him in a backup role if Ayton does end up in Motor City. The Pistons don’t have to use all of their $43 million worth of cap space this offseason though, so they could just take on some so-so contracts and collect more assets, but at least they’d be flexible. Ayton’s time in Phoenix has appeared as if it was over since Game 7 of the Western Conference Semifinals, and hopefully some deals are settled when the draft rolls around in about 24 hours

I am homeless. I need a team to adopt me. 
Come on over!

The Grant deal has to be a str8up salary dump cuz, like daisy said, they were offered better. all of those, however, included taking on some salary. it could be Ayton, i guess, but i'm wondering about sumn else...

Pistons going nowhere this season. Were they to take on Westbrook contract (the Lakers getting a large enough trade exception out of it to sign Kancerie?) for LA's last pix of the 20s, they could flame out with his uptempo nonsense, the spotlight be off their guys, they'd learn a little highlife, get good shots while he takes his bad and be farther along and a coupla future firsts up when all was said & done. is taking a year to find a good way to play bad just stoopit enuff?

Spurs looking for a "Jrue Holiday-like" package to trade Murray. Which is essential 2 unprotected firsts and 2 first round pick swaps. 

Am I crazy for wanting the Wolves to do this? Malike Beasley or Pat Bev match Murray, or they could send D'Lo's expiring to take on Murray, Poeltl, and Jason Richardson if they Spurs are going to blow it all up. 

The Grant deal has to be a str8up salary dump cuz, like daisy said, they were offered better. all of those, however, included taking on some salary. it could be Ayton, i guess, but i'm wondering about sumn else...

Pistons going nowhere this season. Were they to take on Westbrook contract, they could flame out with his uptempo nonsense, the spotlight be off their guys, they'd learn a little highlife, get good shots while he takes his bad and be farther along and a coupla future firsts up when all was said & done. is taking a year to find a good way to play bad just stoopit enuff?
No way they bring Russ in with Cade to poison that well. I think they are turning the keys over to Cade next year with with Bey, Stewart, Hayes, Ayton and Mathurin to develop with. 

Spurs looking for a "Jrue Holiday-like" package to trade Murray. Which is essential 2 unprotected firsts and 2 first round pick swaps. 

Am I crazy for wanting the Wolves to do this? Malike Beasley or Pat Bev match Murray, or they could send D'Lo's expiring to take on Murray, Poeltl, and Jason Richardson if they Spurs are going to blow it all up. 

gotta think the first of those pix/swaps would have to be higher than #23 for the Spurs to go for it in a teardown, but the Wolves should do whatever to make it happen

No way they bring Russ in with Cade to poison that well. I think they are turning the keys over to Cade next year with with Bey, Stewart, Hayes, Ayton and Mathurin to develop with. 
Westboogie can really only poison an established team. he plays superhard (was a net pos til the playoffs with the Wiz), gives the Pistons a year to figure out if their mebbes like Beefstew, Lefty & Bags are anything while CC grows his game

Westboogie can really only poison an established team. he plays superhard (was a net pos til the playoffs with the Wiz), gives the Pistons a year to figure out if their mebbes like Beefstew, Lefty & Bags are anything while CC grows his game
Is he willing to share the ball with Cade, let it be his team? Gives me  bad vibes.

I don't mean to pooh-pooh this deal for Portland, but isn't Robert Covington (who Portland traded away for a sack of fleas) a much better version of Jeremi Grant?  What am I missing?  

Isn't Murray a really ball dominate, high usage guard? On paper that doesn't seem to fit with Ant and KAT. 

Frostillicus said:
Does this mean Bobby Portis is in play? Wolves would take him. 
Huh?  Why would it mean that?

Portis is widely expected to opt out and then re-sign to a longer-term deal with Milwaukee.

Huh?  Why would it mean that?

Portis is widely expected to opt out and then re-sign to a longer-term deal with Milwaukee.
I still think you’re underestimating his value on the open market. Bucks don’t have full Bird rights either. 

We’ll see in a week.

I still think you’re underestimating his value on the open market. Bucks don’t have full Bird rights either. 

We’ll see in a week.
I think you're underestimating how much Bobby Portis loves it in Milwaukee.  For some of these guys (see Connaughton, Pat), it's not about getting every penny they can get, especially when (1) you have the opportunity to play alongside a generational talent like Giannis and (2) the city absolutely worships you.

You really wonder what Portland's doing. Dumped McCollum. Dumped Covington. Dumped Norm Powell. Dumped Derrick Jones.

Then a few months later acquire Grant. Looking to acquire Og.

Edit: I'd be cashing in on Lillard now. JMO His window to win there is closed.

You really wonder what Portland's doing. Dumped McCollum. Dumped Covington. Dumped Norm Powell. Dumped Derrick Jones.

Then a few months later acquire Grant. Looking to acquire Og.

Edit: I'd be cashing in on Lillard now. JMO His window to win there is closed.

Totally agree, but the time to cash in Lillard was last off-season. He had so much more value and I think Portland knows that so they decided to go all in with Lillard instead of taking less. I don't agree with it, but you never know. 

Totally agree, but the time to cash in Lillard was last off-season. He had so much more value and I think Portland knows that so they decided to go all in with Lillard instead of taking less. I don't agree with it, but you never know. 

The last GM (who created a toxic environment) really hamstrung this team.  There isn't strong ownership anymore and the new GM was trying desperately to clear the messy financial deck left by Olshey. 

So, I agree with you - the window to trade Dame for maximum value has closed.  But, I have faint optimism that this iteration when it's all said and done could be fun to root for.  Dame is a living legend here.  Takes nards to deal him away and nobody in this group has it in them.  

Agree it was last offseason. He wasn't Dame people accustomed to last season.

Still think they'd get a motherload of an offer. Just bizarre to me what they're doing just months apart.

I love the way every media outlet has some fantastical trade scenario where the Lakers trade their non-existent bench players and a 1st round pick (that isn’t good until Seven years from now,) into a superstar—all because, you know, everyone is just dying to play with LBJ. 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread