What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RIP Wikkidpissah (1 Viewer)

RIP my friend.  The tears I am shedding are real. :cry:

Wikkid... in his own way... was instrumental in helping me deal with Jack's cancer and ultimate passing.  Funny, supportive, pontifical, genuine.  I'm sure he had no idea the impact he had on me.  I wish I had fulfilled my urge to go and meet him in person. Just heard this song today... kicking myself now.

A massive loss to FBG, and me.  I hope you are with your Ma GB.

Oh this is terrible news to receive.  Prayers for his family and that he has reunited with his beloved Mary in a better place.

I recall him posting stuff this week.  The guy certainly lived a full life and carved his own path.  damn.  RIP. 

Someone on here I regret not having personal interactions with like some of you.

And yet, without that, I can say with utmost certainty he had a way with words unlike anyone I've ever known in my life.  And it never seemed forced.

Nothing else I can really say.  Knowing he won't be here anymore hurts.  Knowing he won't be with those of you who knew him personally hurts.  Just sad.

RIP, Dale.

Dang. This news comes outta left field. :sadbanana:

Whereas EG72 told stories that were wild, ribald, and over the top epic, Wikkid was his polar opposite: deep, thoughtful, and thought-provoking. I know I told him a couple of times he should write a book, but he always demurred. His Zelig/Forest Gump-like life seemed normal to him, as if we all had these same type of stories as him. I have not run into anyone like him, and I doubt I will anytime soon. 
Godspeed Wikkid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't understand what Wikkid was saying half the time, but I was still entertained by his stories. I did understand his soul. That part was easy for me to read. I will miss the fella. RIP Wikkid. I hope you're reunited with scary Mary.  :heart:
He definitely had a very unique approach to communication and I enjoyed the game of deciphering it.

He also had an incredible wealth of knowledge on many subjects and we were lucky he imparted some of that to us.  Truly one of the greatest students of the School of Life that I've ever come across.

I hope Dale won't mind my sharing something he said to me about this forum.  This was during a time where he took a hiatus due to some frustration with the moderation, but he still valued what he got here enough to say this: 

"happiness is simple, cheri. not always easy, but simple, it has existed as an entity since larger mammals gave themselves catbaths in the shade after a filling kill. there's only one thing you have to do to make joy always possible - keep enough of a path clear thru life's turbulence for it to land. the simplest way to do that is to reach out every time you wanna hunker down. find & mollify/satisfy someone else's trouble is the best way to stay clear of one's own. our forum gives me plenty folk to encourage, excite to their possibilities thru words. i am as thrilled by it as me Da is by new snow. "

He wrote this less than 2 weeks ago:

comes a point in life when all the positivity in the world wont serve one as well as a little humility because, when all those rituals, ablutions & affirmations get one to an advanced age, one discovers that life doesnt allow one to pretend all the way thru. i'm famous among my peeps for saying that i've been seventeen since i was three, so you can bet i tried. the ghosts of fun and high living are as real as those of loved ones and lost ops and haunt more bitterly.

that's when one finds out that the give is the get that's reliable all the way thru and old people who dont find that out til theyre old will find that harder to manage than sleeping all night without getting up to pee. so let enough reality leak in between your pretends, so there's some there there when all else fails, because it will. and not even God can help you then.

:cry:

I hope Dale won't mind my sharing something he said to me about this forum.  This was during a time where he took a hiatus due to some frustration with the moderation of the forum, but he still valued what he got here enough to say this: 

"happiness is simple, cheri. not always easy, but simple, it has existed as an entity since larger mammals gave themselves catbaths in the shade after a filling kill. there's only one thing you have to do to make joy always possible - keep enough of a path clear thru life's turbulence for it to land. the simplest way to do that is to reach out every time you wanna hunker down. find & mollify/satisfy someone else's trouble is the best way to stay clear of one's own. our forum gives me plenty folk to encourage, excite to their possibilities thru words. i am as thrilled by it as me Da is by new snow. "
man oh man. What a loss. 

If anyone has info where we could send flowers or donate to a charity he loved please post it in this thread. 

I donated to this organization at his request a while back:  Summit Academy  He described Louis King, the CEO, as the most impressive leader he'd come across in a long time.  He also mentioned that what donating he was able to do went to child hunger and first responder causes, so any of those could be good as well.  @geewill might have more ideas, too.

I wish I had something pithy to write that could complement wikkid's contributions to this board. Knowledge, humor, empathy, grace, and wisdom -- wikkid brought all that and more. Few ever communicate as much life through pixels and keystrokes as wikkid did.

Requiescat in pace

####!

Wikkid was a rare gem. One of the best days on this forum was when he returned from his hiatus after 10,000 posts.

Somebody mentioned above about going back and collecting his musings on this forum.  I'm going to do this as best I can and ultimately place them in a Google doc for all.

####!

Wikkid was a rare gem. One of the best days on this forum was when he returned from his hiatus after 10,000 posts.

Somebody mentioned above about going back and collecting his musings on this forum.  I'm going to do this as best I can and ultimately place them in a Google doc for all.
I have some of his early writings that he sent for safe keeping.  I will add them to your google doc.

RIP my friend.  The tears I am shedding are real. :cry:

Wikkid... in his own way... was instrumental in helping me deal with Jack's cancer and ultimate passing.  Funny, supportive, pontifical, genuine.  I'm sure he had no idea the impact he had on me.  I wish I had fulfilled my urge to go and meet him in person. Just heard this song today... kicking myself now.

A massive loss to FBG, and me.  I hope you are with your Ma GB.

Yeah, he reached out to me a week ago and offered his services as a therapist to help me with a recent loss and an overwhelming feeling of grief.  Free of charge, he counseled me over email and I was drafting one to him that required a LOT of personal info I have never disclosed to another.  

What a wonderful man.  I am crushed by this news. His off-line persona was WAY different than his online persona here.  

RIP Dale.  :(

I have some of his early writings that he sent for safe keeping.  I will add them to your google doc.
Fantastic. I'll DM you and swap email addresses so that I can add permissions to edit the doc. If anyone else wants to contribute anything, shoot me a message.

It might an hour or two before I jump on a proper computer to create and share the doc (don't want accidentally share out my My Little Pony pic collection).

Fantastic. I'll DM you and swap email addresses so that I can add permissions to edit the doc. If anyone else wants to contribute anything, shoot me a message.

It might an hour or two before I jump on a proper computer to create and share the doc (don't want accidentally share out my My Little Pony pic collection).
Sounds good.  And I have to admit, I’ve read them MANY times and still don’t get half of it.

I posted this in the Beatles thread, because Wikkid was a part of it, and a part of our music threads in general. I'll share it here too for people who don't frequent those threads.

When some of us did the Wake/End of Life draft a few years ago, Wikkid participated and he had the third pick. He picked this song as his #1. I added this particular band with the song, because they made him smile. 

For you Wikkid.

This is what Wikkid said when he picked the song:

An obvious choice for its existential aspect, but so much more.

In my life, i got to do a lot of fancy things with a lot of fancy folk but the greatest pleasure & terror of my wikkid tour of this impatient rock was wrangling the whirlwind that was Mary Louise Lauer. She earned every bit of her fury with a criminal upbringing and spent every gram of it in her short life. There was but one thing which could bring her down from tornado mode - your humble servant wrestling her into a swaying dance and singing "In My Life" with my neck vibrating against hers.

Bonus: the song even got me a son. In her 2nd year of bone cancer and the beginning of the last year of her life, my Mary got absolutely feral in her ways. The bartender of my corner saloon called me at work to tell me that Scary Mary was tearing her joint up, in the middle of someone's birthday party no less. Kelly could control her better than any but me, so i knew it was bad. Got there to see a bunch of men holding the celebrant back from whacking my beloved, who was waving him on. I reversed my giant darling out to the dance floor, put a $20 in the tip jar of the singer playing the party and asked her to play this song. I rocked her and vibrated "In My Life" into her soul in harmony to the singer til' she re-entered humanity.

Turns out my actions had as great an effect on the singer as my wife. When the cancer soonafter started snapping Mary's limbs and reduced her to a snarling invalid, one of her wishes was that i find someone to step out with now that she couldnt wife me. She recommended that singer, it turned out my Marytaming performance made enough of an impression on her to give me a go, we were togetherish for Mary's last year and we ended up making a son together. Life for death - in my life, i've loved them all.

❤️  We love you, Wikkid.

Reason #1 I miss having the signature function here.

Never met him in real life, had some fun back and forth with him and shared a couple of DMs about mundane things. As much as that can, it made him like a virtual big brother to me here. I will miss his generosity of sharing his life's experiences, his ability to get anything and everything posted here, and his so unique turn of phrase.

Users who are viewing this thread