What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (4 Viewers)

shuke

Black Ice Skeptic
:thumbup: Anyone watch Saturday night's game? Watching 40 year old Larkin score from first on Casey's double was invigorating.

The Reds are tied for first and are 8-2 in their last 10. If they don't dump all of their good players this year, they may have a shot at the playoffs. If their pitching staff holds up and they don't get too many injuries they could win 90+ games.

Drafting Griffey this year with my 10th pick :thumbup: Picking up Danny Graves back on April 12th :thumbup: :thumbup: Trading for Richie Sexson the day after his injury :thumbdown:

If the starters can hold up they'll keep this run going - they may need to go out and get another starter by the deadline if they're still in it. Tough call by management as they're in a tough division and selling out for a run this year could hurt them down the road. When is Claussen coming up? he could be the extra boost needed

Picking up Danny Graves back on April 12th :thumbup: :thumbup:
Not sold on this guy. Despite the 20 saves, as a Reds fan he scares the #### out of me.
The reality is that despite 20 saves, he's already blown 4 opportunities - not a good save % at all. What's remarkable is that he already has 24 chances in only 44 games.

Been saying this all along.As far as getting another pitcher, the Reds are talking with both Seattle (Meche/Garcia) and also Colorado (Johnson) about trading for one of the mentioned pitchers.I made the 8 hour trip this weekend to watch Fri-Sun games. Beat Petite, Rocket, and destroyed Miller. :thumbup: -fe

sweeping Houston was awesome. If Kearns can pick it up and griffey stays healthy(been a long time) they have a shot.

Drafting Griffey this year with my 10th pick :thumbup: Picking up Danny Graves back on April 12th :thumbup: :thumbup: Trading for Richie Sexson the day after his injury :thumbdown:
Adam Dunn in the 13th. :thumbup: (Right after Larry Walker and right before Raul Mondesi :loco: )

I will probably be at the game, but the game tonight will be on ESPN for the Reds fans outside of Cincy. Should be a good chance to see Acevedo put to a big test. :boxing:

Picking up Danny Graves back on April 12th :thumbup: :thumbup:
Not sold on this guy. Despite the 20 saves, as a Reds fan he scares the #### out of me.
He just about blew it again Saturday. 3 straight hits to lead off the 9th, and it took Castro's diving catch to save the game. I don't feel comfortable going into the 9th with Graves unless the Reds have a 3 run or more lead. He's already given up like 7 HRs in 26 innings (too lazy to look it up).

Been saying this all along.As far as getting another pitcher, the Reds are talking with both Seattle (Meche/Garcia) and also Colorado (Johnson) about trading for one of the mentioned pitchers.I made the 8 hour trip this weekend to watch Fri-Sun games. Beat Petite, Rocket, and destroyed Miller. :thumbup: -fe
I'm pretty sure you can get Meche for a bag of baseballs and some chewing tobacco. I assume you're refering to the catcher johnson for Colorado?

I'm pretty sure you can get Meche for a bag of baseballs and some chewing tobacco. I assume you're refering to the catcher johnson for Colorado?
I think he means Jason.If I were a Reds fan, I'd rather bring Charles in to pitch.

I think he means Jason.If I were a Reds fan, I'd rather bring Charles in to pitch.
You could probably get jennings for the same price.

I grew up in western PA and was a monster fan of the Big Red Machine. Will always root for the Reds. Plus, I still remain a devote Griffey backer. Never understood why people have a problem with him. I still think he gets a bad rap. Folks love to rip guys down off the pedestal I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I grew up in western PA and was a monster fan of the Big Red Machine. Will always root for the Reds. Plus, I still remain a devote Griffey backer. Never understood why people have a problem with him. I still think he gets a bad rap. Folks love to rip guys down off the pedestal I guess.
Wow, what a convient post.You profess your love for the reds after they sweep the "team to beat" in the NL Central.You are "always a Griffey backer" after he turns into one of the hottest hitters in baseball.Way to reserve that 1st class ticket on the bandwagon buddy :fish2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love to see the fans in Cincy getting excited!Go ahead and get it all out, they'll be in 4th place by the All Star break.

Fourth place??? Hmmm. I'm not a betting man, but that might be tempting. Maybe by season's end, but not by all-star.

Fourth place??? Hmmm. I'm not a betting man, but that might be tempting. Maybe by season's end, but not by all-star.
I'll take odds on either the AS break or the end of the season, that that will not happen :) -fe

I'll take odds on either the AS break or the end of the season, that that will not happen :) -fe
Friendly 5 on the All Star break, and 5 on the end of the season.Done.

:thumbup:

Anyone watch Saturday night's game? Watching 40 year old Larkin score from first on Casey's double was invigorating.
:thumbup: Watched Larkin's triple last night with a bunch of idiot Houston homers. Hardest slide at 2nd/3rd I've seen in a long time.And yes, he dud beat the tag.

As for Graves, he is a pretty scary closer, but I've seen scarier. Don't they have somebody to spell him in the role? 25 attempts in less than 50 game is going to wear him out I'd think.

I grew up in western PA and was a monster fan of the Big Red Machine. Will always root for the Reds. Plus, I still remain a devote Griffey backer. Never understood why people have a problem with him. I still think he gets a bad rap.  Folks love to rip guys down off the pedestal I guess.
Wow, what a convient post.You profess your love for the reds after they sweep the "team to beat" in the NL Central.

You are "always a Griffey backer" after he turns into one of the hottest hitters in baseball.

Way to reserve that 1st class ticket on the bandwagon buddy

:fish2:
Actually the Cubs are the "team to beat in the NL Central" and are a 1/2 game back of the Reds with 7 on the DL 3 of who are in their top 5 players!

Last night the Astros pitch around Casey to get to Griffey...result- 2-run doubleTonight Beckett pitches around Casey to get to Griffey...result- 3-run homerIs Griffey's reputation damaged? or is Casey just that good?

Last night the Astros pitch around Casey to get to Griffey...result- 2-run doubleTonight Beckett pitches around Casey to get to Griffey...result- 3-run homerIs Griffey's reputation damaged? or is Casey just that good?
Both.

I remember loving the Reds back in the day of Hal Morris, Paul O'Neil, Eric Davis, Barry Larkin and Chris Sabo, not to mention Tom Browning, and who can forget Rob Dibble? GB sweeping the A's in 1990. :thumbup:

Bump to add the 1990 team stats.

BTW - Was there ever a baseball player uglier than Scott Scudder? He was like a friggin' horse with no chin. :shock:

Looking it over made me remember the "Nasty Boys" duo of Dibble and Randy Myers. Nice.

Looking it over made me remember the "Nasty Boys" duo of Dibble and Randy Myers. Nice.
Come on man.... no nasty boys references without including Norm Charlton. Who doesn't still have the shirt with all three staring you down. On a more important note, schedule only gets easier from here for the Reds. 21 of the next 35 games against montreal, cleveland, mets, and pirates.

I remember loving the Reds back in the day of Hal Morris, Paul O'Neil, Eric Davis, Barry Larkin and Chris Sabo, not to mention Tom Browning, and who can forget Rob Dibble? GB sweeping the A's in 1990. :thumbup:
Does anyone remember Glenn Brags snapping a bat over his shoulder? Might have been in the NLCS, but he swung and missed and when the bat hit his shoulder it snapped in two. Very cool...well except for the missing part.Oh yeah, and Paul O'Neill nailing a runner at third from RF in the NLCS.Dibble, Charlton, and Myers were about the goofiest trio out there. Pro sports needs more characters like that.

Users who are viewing this thread