What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (1 Viewer)

That's what they were saying on the telecast yesterday. Dusty's the closer, but Weathers and Stanton would do it occasionally, depending on the opposing lineup.

Bailey's already been sent out.

Freel will fill in at the infield spots as well, giving Hamilton more PT. I saw that throw live yesterday. :eek: Hamilton can really play, although I'm surprised he hasn't hit a homer since that first-game moon shot.

:confused: at the hype comparing him to Mickey Mantle prior to his drug addiction.

Glad to see this thread back after taking last regular season off.

I have a new name for David Weathers.

it's: David "freakin'" Weathers.

;)

For the Reds fans, what is the ETA on Bruce and Homer Bailey? I have them stashed on the bench in a deep dynasty league and curious to hear your thoughts on them. Thanks

For the Reds fans, what is the ETA on Bruce and Homer Bailey? I have them stashed on the bench in a deep dynasty league and curious to hear your thoughts on them. Thanks
Fogg may have pushed Bailey back another month or so with last night's effort. Bailey will be in the rotation when he gets better command of his pitches and learns to keep the ball down. With the emergence of Cueto and Volquez, there's no reason to rush him until he proves he can keep the ball in the ball park at GABP and gets his walk rate down to a reasonable level.Bruce's return is being blocked by Barry Bonds Patterson, but it won't be long until that guy drops back to his usual 750 OPS. He's Dusty's guy, though, so it may be until mid-summer before Bruce makes it back. Bruce is the future of this team as far as position players go. Bailey is absolutely in the picture, but the team has some leeway there now.

Fogg may have pushed Bailey back another month or so with last night's effort. Bailey will be in the rotation when he gets better command of his pitches and learns to keep the ball down. With the emergence of Cueto and Volquez, there's no reason to rush him until he proves he can keep the ball in the ball park at GABP and gets his walk rate down to a reasonable level.Bruce's return is being blocked by Barry Bonds Patterson, but it won't be long until that guy drops back to his usual 750 OPS. He's Dusty's guy, though, so it may be until mid-summer before Bruce makes it back. Bruce is the future of this team as far as position players go. Bailey is absolutely in the picture, but the team has some leeway there now.
Bruce played RF last night in Louisville instead of CF. Take that for what's it's worth.Probably just preparing him for a Griffey injury.

shuke said:
5 straight, all against 1st place teams. :confused:
And I get to go see the boys play 3 games vs the Doyers...I wonder if they'd be willing to just fly around the globe, east, so that when they end up on the left coast, they don't realize that it's a West Coast trip...thoughts?

Depressing start to a big road trip. I turned it off after they got up 4-0.

Got to see them beat the Indians Friday night though. :shrug:

Glad to see Jay Bruce getting called up, finally. He has been sitting on my bench next to Barry Bonds all season. (20-team mixed.)

Corey Patterson and his .200/.240/.352 are gone to Louisville. Shame it took 145 ABs. :(
:( Oh noes! He's back. 0-4 and a K. When Griffey's out they should put Hairston in CF and let Janish get some time at SS. No Corey Patterson please.How bout Herrera on Tuesday? Making the Hamilton trade look even better. :lmao:

Corey Patterson and his .200/.240/.352 are gone to Louisville. Shame it took 145 ABs. :nerd:
:X Oh noes! He's back. 0-4 and a K. When Griffey's out they should put Hairston in CF and let Janish get some time at SS. No Corey Patterson please.How bout Herrera on Tuesday? Making the Hamilton trade look even better. :thumbup:
Sounds like Keppinger will be back sooner than initially thought, so hopefully it will be a short stay for Patterson.

Why do the Reds suck? They've got plenty of talent. Oh.. and have you ever seen a 3rd baseman tag a guy twice and the ump still call him safe, then toss the 3rd baseman before he could possibly get an english word out of his mouth? I'm tired of umps thinking they are part of the show. :confused:

Rumor is that Harang is going to require Tommy John surgery. I don't know if the radio guys were just speculating or not, though.

:thumbup:

Rumor is that Harang is going to require Tommy John surgery. I don't know if the radio guys were just speculating or not, though. :)
At least that would explain why he has suddenly become bad. Rumor has it he hasn't been the same since that emergency appearance in that super-extra-inning game. You had to figure it was something physical for a pitcher that's been as good as him - and to suddenly lose his control too - something has to be wrong.

Rumor is that Harang is going to require Tommy John surgery. I don't know if the radio guys were just speculating or not, though. :goodposting:
At least that would explain why he has suddenly become bad. Rumor has it he hasn't been the same since that emergency appearance in that super-extra-inning game. You had to figure it was something physical for a pitcher that's been as good as him - and to suddenly lose his control too - something has to be wrong.
His MRI was normal, just a strained forearm. Great news for Reds fans.

shuke said:
Dickerson and Nix over Stubbs and Gomes on opening day?Not a fan, Dusty.
Load up on lefties vs Carpenter. It's the right play. Plus, you let Stubbs and Francisco soak in OD and relax and not have to face a pretty brutal RHP. It's only 1 game. Not your normal lineup.

shuke said:
Dickerson and Nix over Stubbs and Gomes on opening day?Not a fan, Dusty.
Load up on lefties vs Carpenter. It's the right play. Plus, you let Stubbs and Francisco soak in OD and relax and not have to face a pretty brutal RHP. It's only 1 game. Not your normal lineup.
I was really hoping Gomes and especially Stubbs would be given a chance to be everyday players. Not a fan of Dickerson. Nice throw to home. :sadbanana: And let me just say how happy I am that I picked up Masset to help with my ratios.

It's time to call up Aroldis. I wouldn't mind seeing the Reds move Aroldis into Bailey's spot; move Bailey into the bullpen.
What?!? Lemme guess...you call in on the banana phone too? Why in God's great earth would you do this?
Bailey hasn't really done anything as a starter. Sure, he beat up on some weak teams late last year, but other than that, nothing. I think the Reds need help in the bullpen and wouldn't mind seeing Bailey get a shot. Or, if they want to call up Chapman and put him in the bullpen, then do it to it. Either way, they need to upgrade the bullpen IMO.

It's time to call up Aroldis. I wouldn't mind seeing the Reds move Aroldis into Bailey's spot; move Bailey into the bullpen.
What?!? Lemme guess...you call in on the banana phone too? Why in God's great earth would you do this?
Bailey hasn't really done anything as a starter. Sure, he beat up on some weak teams late last year, but other than that, nothing. I think the Reds need help in the bullpen and wouldn't mind seeing Bailey get a shot. Or, if they want to call up Chapman and put him in the bullpen, then do it to it. Either way, they need to upgrade the bullpen IMO.
He's done quite a bit more than Chapman in both the Minor and Major leagues. It doesn't matter anyway, the financial impact of calling up Chapman this early makes it a 0% proposition anyway. I think they will find a spot for Chapman around June if he pitches great in AAA. I would be surprised if its Bailey's spot he takes, but it has to be somebody losing their spot and we have a lot of starts for everyone between now and then.

Can we finally call an end to the Aaron Harang career in Cincinnati?

I love the guy...and I hate to rag on him...and there isn't a guy on the team that I was pulling for more to succeed this early in the seaon...but COME ON!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread