What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How 'bout them Reds! (1 Viewer)

Heisey needs to get more playing time over Stubbs...but with Votto coming back, it is going to make it even harder for Heisey to see playing time. It should be interesting day in and day out what type of lineups Dusty sends out there.

Ideal situation for me:

Phillips 2B

Cozart SS

Votto 1B

Ludwick LF

Bruce CF

Frazier RF

Rolen 3B

Hannigan C

P

But wouldnt mind seeing Heisey in CF, Bruce still in RF, and Frazier instead of Rolen at 3B. Either way, seems like a pretty potent lineup.

Rolen will probably get the most time at 3B still. Since the beginning of July, he's hitting .330. Frazier is also 6-10 PH this year which is absurdly good. Lineup will be..

Phillips 4

Cozart 6 (25-70 .357 in 2 hole)

Votto 3

Ludwick 7

Bruce 9

Rolen 5 (Frazier slotted here on days off for Rolen)

Stubbs/Heisey 8

Hannigan 2 (Little Meso/Navarro)

Pitcher

On Ludwick's days off..

Cozart 6

Stubbs/Heisey 8

Votto 3

Phillips 4

Bruce 9

Frazier 7

Rolen 5 (Fraz/Rolen getting switched matchup pending)

Pitcher

Votto days off

Cozart 6

Stubbs/Heisey 8

Phillips 4

Ludwick 7

Bruce 9

Frazier 3

Rolen 5 (Fraz/Rolen getting switched matchup pending)

Pitcher

If it's any other way, I'd be pretty shock. I'm just hoping that once the Reds clinch, that Dusty doesn't give the boys too much time off since I think that really hurt in the '10 playoffs. I'd give the regular starters probably 1 of 5 days off just to keep them fresh.

Callups look like they'll be something like this..

Meso

Ondrusek

Redmond

Henry Rodriguez

Neftali Soto

Votto (DL)

Bray (DL)

Postseason roster..

Votto, BP, Cozart, Rolen, Luddy, Stubbs, Bruce, Hannigan, Frazier, Navarro, Heisey, Valdez, Paul

Cueto, Latos, Bronson, Homer, Leake, Arrendondo, Broxton, Ondrusek, Marshall, Hoover, LeCure/Simon, Chapman.

If they add another bat, it's Meso, but who do you take off the roster, Leake, Homer, or the LeCure/Simon combo?

Since the Reds will start the playoffs on the road, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Homer start game two.

If they add another bat, it's Meso, but who do you take off the roster, Leake, Homer, or the LeCure/Simon combo? Since the Reds will start the playoffs on the road, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Homer start game two.
I might dump Ondrusek. I think they pitched his arm off early this year, and with Broxton, Marshall, Arredondo, and Chapman, the late innings are covered.Might bump LeCure or Simon (or both) so we can have Bray come in and walk lefties.

To put things into perspective...

Before the season started:

Bullpen is decimated.

After Cueto, you have innings eater Arroyo and a bunch of question marks.

No leadoff hitter.

Who can play 3rd when Rolen is out?

Fast forward:

Votto goes on the DL for an extended period.

Lose BP for a few...

Present day:

Easy schedule or not, 8.5 game lead in the Central is outstanding.

Great job this year from the players and Dusty.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Timmay said:
If they add another bat, it's Meso, but who do you take off the roster, Leake, Homer, or the LeCure/Simon combo?

Since the Reds will start the playoffs on the road, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Homer start game two.
what?
If you are the 1 seed, you play on the road for the 1st 2 games, then 3 back at home. Stupid concept.
Is this new? That's turrible.

'Timmay said:

what?
If you are the 1 seed, you play on the road for the 1st 2 games, then 3 back at home. Stupid concept.
Is this new? That's turrible.
Yup, new along with the 2nd wildcats team, and being able to play a divisional opponent in the LCS

Bruce is on fire, but i hope it isnt too soon. With him being such a streaky player, im nervous he is going to be cold as ice come playoff time.

Votto being Votto yesterday in his return, great to see him back in action.

Oh, and also, as someone who has been as high up on Stubbs as I have, it's time to put Heisey in CF as the everyday starter. Only thing I feel like we miss out there when he's there is a bit of speed to get to some balls. Think Frazier needs a few extra days off now too.

Cueto being Cueto, as dominant as he has been this year and as dominant as he will be the rest of the year, i still think he will get hosed for the cy young. Bigger market team (R.A. Dickey) compared to the small market team with little publicity. Plus Dickey gets a lot of media attention being a knuckleballer and possibly being the first to win the cy young as one. Cueto...first screwed out of a all-star appearance, hopefully he won't get screwed over the cy young too.
He leads the league in ERA and Wins on top of having the lowest HR/9 in baseball while pitching in GABP. The guy should be in the MVP race with those stats.Who is even on his planet right now? Gio and Dickey?
R.A. Dickey has to be the Cy Young winner in the NL.He is second in ERA, 3rd in K's, 1st in Wins, 2nd in WHIP and 2nd in IP.No other pitcher in the NL is in the top 3 in all those categories. He has had the best year pitchjng of the 5 or so guys that are all in the mix. (Dickey, Cueto, Cain, Kershaw and Gonzalez).Hell, he even has the least losses among those 4 guys, and he is the only pitcher of those 5 to have more than 2 complete games. He has 5. Dickey vs. Cueto stats:Of Cueto's 28 starts, 19 have been against teams with losing records. In those 19 starts he has a record of 14-3. In his 9 starts against teams over .500 he is 3-4.Dickey only has 13 of 28 against teams with losing records. In his 13 starts against teams with losing records he 9-1. In his 15 starts against teams with winning records he is 9-3.Some might say that Cueto's home park is much more difficult to pitch in, but of his 28 starts only 12 have come at home, and of those 12 only 2 have been against teams over .500

Cueto being Cueto, as dominant as he has been this year and as dominant as he will be the rest of the year, i still think he will get hosed for the cy young. Bigger market team (R.A. Dickey) compared to the small market team with little publicity. Plus Dickey gets a lot of media attention being a knuckleballer and possibly being the first to win the cy young as one. Cueto...first screwed out of a all-star appearance, hopefully he won't get screwed over the cy young too.
He leads the league in ERA and Wins on top of having the lowest HR/9 in baseball while pitching in GABP. The guy should be in the MVP race with those stats.Who is even on his planet right now? Gio and Dickey?
R.A. Dickey has to be the Cy Young winner in the NL.He is second in ERA, 3rd in K's, 1st in Wins, 2nd in WHIP and 2nd in IP.No other pitcher in the NL is in the top 3 in all those categories. He has had the best year pitchjng of the 5 or so guys that are all in the mix. (Dickey, Cueto, Cain, Kershaw and Gonzalez).Hell, he even has the least losses among those 4 guys, and he is the only pitcher of those 5 to have more than 2 complete games. He has 5. Dickey vs. Cueto stats:Of Cueto's 28 starts, 19 have been against teams with losing records. In those 19 starts he has a record of 14-3. In his 9 starts against teams over .500 he is 3-4.Dickey only has 13 of 28 against teams with losing records. In his 13 starts against teams with losing records he 9-1. In his 15 starts against teams with winning records he is 9-3.Some might say that Cueto's home park is much more difficult to pitch in, but of his 28 starts only 12 have come at home, and of those 12 only 2 have been against teams over .500
You going to post this in every thread here?

Dickey vs. Cueto stats:Some might say that Cueto's home park is much more difficult to pitch in...
Dickey at gabp 0-1 7.50 eraCueto at citi 1-0 1.29 era

There is no doubt in my mind that Cueto will get screwed over for the cy young, no matter how good he pitches the rest of the year.

I just saw a poll on cbssports, asking who was going to win the NL Cy Young. When i voted Dickey had the most votes, followed by Gio Gonzalez. Its all about the bigger market teams getting more love than Cueto. Cueto was sitting at like 15% of the votes. It just seems like people outside the Reds and NL central know anything about the guy.

Number went from 14 to 8 in three days. Nice.

Jury is out for me on the whole Ric Flair "Whoo!" shout thing, but I put it above the wave, vuvuzelas, and terrible towels.

The Ric Flair "Whoo!" thing is very annoying when watching on TV. Rumor has it, that the Whooing started during the Bark the Park game the other night. I dont know why it started though.

Number went from 14 to 8 in three days. Nice.Jury is out for me on the whole Ric Flair "Whoo!" shout thing, but I put it above the wave, vuvuzelas, and terrible towels.
I've been out of town for the past week or so. What is going on exactly? I thought I read that it started as people howling?

Number went from 14 to 8 in three days. Nice.Jury is out for me on the whole Ric Flair "Whoo!" shout thing, but I put it above the wave, vuvuzelas, and terrible towels.
I've been out of town for the past week or so. What is going on exactly? I thought I read that it started as people howling?
It would be a lot cooler if it was for Ric Flair and had the head shake with it.I first heard the announcers making note of it during a extra inning? Or really late running game with a sparse crowd. I figured people were doing it because you could basically pick out individual voices from the crowd, and you could either draw a few chuckles around you or even call someone at home with the "turn up the volume and listen to this" routine.

Most the reds regulars are off today, watch them score 10 runs for Cueto today. Looks like the B-team after the late night last night.

Xavier Paul 7

Miguel Cairo 3

Henry Rodriguez 4

Todd Frazier 5

Chris Heisey 9

Denis Phipps 8

Ryan Hanigan 2

Didi Gregorius 6

Johnny Cueto RHP

Anyone at the game? Crowd seemed pretty tame compared to last night. Unfortunately I couldn't make it down.

congrats to the Reds fans...hopefullys Cards can hang on to the last WC spot and come up with some post season magic again...but Reds are clearly the better team this year. Could be the better team for awhile - Cards need to rebuild soon.

Nice game on Saturday, i was down Oktoberfest on fountain square saturday, it was pretty crazy there after the clinch. They were talking about it last night on sunday night baseball that most managers and analysts think that the best seed to have in the playoffs is the 3 seed. Open at home for 2 then go on the road for the next 3. I would have to agree with them.

Got tickets to all the playoff games.

May go to one and sell the rest. Unless the Braves comes to town, then I will probably attend them all.

The NLCS game 3 set me back about a grand. That was rough.

Cueto and Arroyo away and Latos in the 1st game at home. I kind of wish Dusty would of put Homer in there instead of Arroyo. Im not sold on Arroyo this year, and Homer has been dealing on the road this year. I just hope Cueto can be Cueto in game 1 and come out with a win, so it takes more pressure off of Arroyo in game 2. I can't wait until 9:30 on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread