Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How 'bout them Reds!

shuke

Wait until they replace injuries with “injuries” and Green, Lodolo, and Castillo are all shut down before the All-Star break.

That’s a page straight from the bad Bengal playbook of yesteryear.

India should already be done except for a late season cameo to test his hammy.

Has another team ever DFA’d their opening day #2 hitter in April?

20 hours ago, Rustoleum said:

Has another team ever DFA’d their opening day #2 hitter in April?

The 2019 Giants DFAed 2/3 of their opening day OF in April.  Connor Joe has resurfaced with Colorado but Michael Reed is out of baseball after going 0-8 with 6 strikeouts.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eephus said:

The 2019 Giants DFAed 2/3 of their opening day OF in April.  Connor Joe has resurfaced with Colorado but Michael Reed is out of baseball after going 0-8 with 6 strikeouts.

Nice find, but nobody was pretending those guys were top of the order batters.

I guess a glimmer of hope (not really) to be had since those Giants ended up 77-85.

1 hour ago, Rustoleum said:

Nice find, but nobody was pretending those guys were top of the order batters.

I guess a glimmer of hope (not really) to be had since those Giants ended up 77-85.

I think the 2019 Giants should be a model for rebuilding teams.  They cycled through over 60 players at the MLB level and upgraded their talent significantly.  If you're going to be sub-.500 anyway, why not throw a guys into games and see who swims.

It's time to move on from Aquino. He's 28 and hasn't done much of anything since the one hot month after he was called up in 2019. 

• Like 2

Totally agree on Aquino. He  should have been gone last year and trotting him out at the top of the order was a travesty.

I’m just mad because this doesn’t feel like a rebuild to me. I’m not familiar with the farm system, but right now there are only 2 position  players (India and Stephenson) who should be on the team in two years, heck, maybe this year, and I don ‘t see the cavalry coming.

The Reds kept the wrong catcher in Mesoraco years ago and they kept the wrong outfielder in Senzel this year.

Mostly I’m just mad that we had that brief stretch of really fun to watch offense last year and now it’s just all gone.

• Like 1

I'm at a loss for words to describe how I feel about this organization. 

You can argue all day if they were a playoff contender or not; or whether they would be had they just added a piece or two.  One thing was certain, they were very entertaining and fun to watch.  This team, this year gives me the chills.  And not in a good way.

• Sad 1

Aquino’s three inexplicable swings at low breaking balls  against a guy who walked the two guys ahead of you to load the bases make me stabby.

He was at .089 before that AB. I think he’s got a legit shot of getting that down to single digits before they finally cut bait on him.

3 hours ago, Rustoleum said:

Aquino’s three inexplicable swings at low breaking balls  against a guy who walked the two guys ahead of you to load the bases make me stabby.

He was at .089 before that AB. I think he’s got a legit shot of getting that down to single digits before they finally cut bait on him.

Sweet reverse jinx.

• Laughing 1

21 minutes ago, shuke said:

Sweet reverse jinx.

Still wasn’t enough. I got distracted and missed both of them. What pitches did he get, because he was Pedro Cerrano level bad in the 1st inning, It would be dumb to give him a fastball.

On 5/28/2022 at 2:44 AM, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Fantasy football is serious business for Tommy Pham. 

Between this and challenging dudes to MMA cage matches earlier in the year, it seems violence is the only tool he has for conflict resolution. 

Dodged a bullet with having Trevor Bauer’s situation blow up right after he left. Think they need to make him go to counseling or dump him before he takes it to the next level (or gets susepended for gambling since he’s apparently a “big shot”.

Also, Peacock, the Reds, and MLB can bite me if they think I’m going to pay a second premium to watch games. 

On 5/29/2022 at 2:02 PM, Rustoleum said:

Also, Peacock, the Reds, and MLB can bite me if they think I’m going to pay a second premium to watch games. 

I was able to watch with a free Peacock account.  That said, the quality was awful - lots of audio stutters and frequent pixelation. I'd be pissed if I DID pay for it.

The Reds don't have the worst record in baseball anymore (third behind KC and Washington).  That's pretty good considering their poor start in April.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 11:06 AM, heckmanm said:

I was able to watch with a free Peacock account.  That said, the quality was awful - lots of audio stutters and frequent pixelation. I'd be pissed if I DID pay for it.

I must’ve done something wrong. Tried from a free Peacock account on an iPad and couldn’t even find it or any baseball, so I presumed you had to click on Premium/Plus/For Suckers button to get there.

Seems like we’re in a classic run of “good starts/bad relief” right now. 

44 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Hard to believe since they've spent almost NOTHING on the bullpen

Yeah. Think they were putting all the eggs in the Antone/Sims basket.

We’ll get back around to “Bad starts/Bad Relief” and “All pitch/no hit” in due time.

• Thanks 1