Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How 'bout them Reds!

shuke

Big ups to the Reds for lowering the Phils team ERA by about a run this weekend.

Ryan Howard = STUD

Do they think Howard can't hit left handers still? :rolleyes:

Just let the kid play and he will be fine. He does not need the protection.

He actually sat Sunday because of illness, NOT because he was facing a lefty (he did start Sat against Williams -a lefty) - or at least that was the claim on the broadcast.

Big ups to the Reds for lowering the Phils team ERA by about a run this weekend.

Ryan Howard = STUD

Do they think Howard can't hit left handers still? :rolleyes:

Just let the kid play and he will be fine. He does not need the protection.

He actually sat Sunday because of illness, NOT because he was facing a lefty (he did start Sat against Williams -a lefty) - or at least that was the claim on the broadcast.

I was listening to the radio broadcast while driving up from D.C. yesterday and they were talking about Howard still being protected from left handers and then around the time he came into to pinch hit, he was sitting out because he was sick.

If he hits HRs and snares line drives like that to end the game, he should play sick all the time. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that bodes well for the Reds this season is that they are playing very well within the division (20-12). Cards are now below .500 vs. the Central (13-14) and AP headed to the DL (which, as a baseball fan, sucks). Oddly enough the Cubs are 14-10 within the Central (and fortunately 8-22 outside )

At this stage, some of the key team splits look good for the Reds.

Home record 15-11

Road record 16-13 :thumbup:

1-run games: 12-5

vs. Righties: 19-15

vs. Lefties: 12-9

RS/RA: +10

ERA: middle of the NL pack -- tied for 8th (4.42) :shock:

Had you told me this was going to be the case on June 4th, back in March, I would have laughed...who knew, eh? :excited:

-fe

God these guys suck.

0-4 in games I've attended this year. Thanks a lot!!

1-1 for the games I have been too....going again next week vs Brewers....hopefully 2-1 after that.

They need to get this closer situation fixed though. Odesn't seem like they have a plan, just use whoever hasn't been used in a while. :shrug:

16 hits in last 8 games

And Milton's ERA has dropped from 7.06 to 4.14 in three starts.  Having competitive starters is unheard of around here.

:goodposting:

The pitching is finally coming around. Solid starters of late with Harang, Arroyo, and Milton. Griffey is healthy and back to his all-star form, offensively and defensively. (Batting .500, 4 HRs, 8 RBIs during the 6 game winning streak)

Coffey has been named the closer, a little rocky so far but good to see him save that close game the other night. It's a good time to be a Reds fan.

Edited by jafo

First 8 game winning streak since '99. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

So when does the season-killing losing streak hit? Or is this team legitimately better than the 2004 team (since they have at least 2 legitimate MLB-caliber starting pitchers)?

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop, but I'll take first place for now! :D

Edited by thesurfshop19

Griffey is healthy and back to his all-star form, offensively and defensively. 

Now see what you did!

He was available to pinch hit last night, I'm guessing he'll start tonight.

As long as he keeps exchanging the lineup card before the game they keep winning.

So let me get this straight... this is one of the BETTER national league teams?

Bobby Jenks made Ken Griffey Jr. look silly on that last pitch.

Sox 2 - Reds zip

Sweep tomorrow....

What an ugly game! It's been that way for a couple weeks now. They haven't been able to get the hit with runners in scoring position. What was sad was Jenks allowing the bases loaded with a struggling offense. I thought they had a chance, but they blew it :hot: I don't know that they are one of the better teams in the NL, but they do have a decent lineup. Pitching is a question as proven by tonight's game. I am slowly beginning to see what it's like to be a Cubs fan.

We just don't have the pitching. I do think it's funny though that some Chi-Sox fans are talking so much smack. They win their 1st title in 88 years and they are suddenly a dynasty or something. I saw 3 Reds' championships thus far in my lifetime and though it has been quite awhile since '90, I am certainly content with their success as they are generally recognized as one of the more storied franchises in baseball history. The Chi-Sox have that whole black-sox scandal to their credit and of course last year's title over the Astros :clyde: Good job. Now lets see how long they stay at or near the top. Didn't we just run through this lesson with the Red Sox a few years ago? Rant over, thread continued. Either way I am now and always will be a Reds fan thank God. :headbang:

Reds fans, welcome to the buzz saw that is the WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago White Sox.

Doesn't the "WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago White Sox" have their own thread, or are you the Pale Hoses only fan. Let me guess, You have been following them since last October?

Reds fans, welcome to the buzz saw that is the WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago White Sox.

Doesn't the "WORLD SERIES CHAMPION Chicago White Sox" have their own thread, or are you the Pale Hoses only fan. Let me guess, You have been following them since last October?

This is a Reds thread, isn't it?

I'm afraid I won't be able to post about the Reds come post season, whereas I will with the White Sox.

How long have I been a fan? I started out a Cubs fan, then in '77 I started following both the White Sox and Cubs, and then when Jerry Reinsdorf / Eddie Einhorn bought the team and they signed Carlton Fisk and Greg Luzinski I've been a full time White Sox fan, Cubs hater.

This ####ing bullpen is making me pull my hair out, but our should-be-All Star second baseman saves the day. :thumbup:

why in God's name are David Weathers and Chris Hammond still on the roster?

It is like watching Danny Graves his last two seasons on this team. :hot:

And why haven't they traded Jason LaRue for a right handed reliever????????? :rant:

This ####ing bullpen is making me pull my hair out, but our should-be-All Star second baseman saves the day.  :thumbup:

And why haven't they traded Jason LaRue for a right handed reliever????????? :rant:

I will never understand why they are carrying three catchers....doesn't make sense to me.

This ####ing bullpen is making me pull my hair out, but our should-be-All Star second baseman saves the day.   :thumbup:

I will never understand why they are carrying three catchers....doesn't make sense to me.

Because Jason LaRue John Deere Hat Day is in two Sundays. Edited by Kirby

This ####ing bullpen is making me pull my hair out, but our should-be-All Star second baseman saves the day.   :thumbup:

Because Jason LaRue John Deere Had Day is in two Sundays.

:lmao: I have plans that day....maybe I need to reschedule :unsure:

Because Jason LaRue John Deere Had Day is in two Sundays.

they could trade him and have Jason LaRue John Deere hat day with his new team,....incorporate it into the trade. maybe, Jason the hats, and $5000. cash for a mediocre RH reliever.

Because Jason LaRue John Deere Hat Day is in two Sundays.

I'm trying to get some tickets. :bag:

This ####ing bullpen is making me pull my hair out, but our should-be-All Star second baseman saves the day.  :thumbup:

Good questions.