What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN "experts" Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

If team 6 could have taken one more starting RB they would be looking VERY good:1 C. Portis, WAS RB 2 M. Harrison, IND WR 3 M. Bennett, MIN RB 4 J. Horn, NOR WR 5 T. Heap, BAL TE 6 S. McNair, TEN QB 7 J. Smith, JAC WR With Brown and Jones around so long I don't know why he didn't grab one. :loco:Edit Staley Helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
does Engel go Boo Williams or Wr? I'd go Boo here.
missed by one pick, but he got Suggs. Wow!! I think some people might be looking to him for a trade. I would package a RB (Brown) and Steve Smith immediately for an upgrade at WR. Then he's set.

I'm liking karabell's team the most right now. if he can pick up another solid WR, he should be tough to beat. his team through 8:1 E. James, IND RB 2 F. Taylor, JAC RB 3 C. Johnson, CIN WR 4 T. Barber, NYG RB 5 M. Bulger, STL QB 6 J. Walker, GNB WR 7 J. Plummer, DEN QB 8 T. Minor, MIA RB

If team 6 could have taken one more starting RB they would be looking VERY good:1 C. Portis, WAS RB 2 M. Harrison, IND WR 3 M. Bennett, MIN RB 4 J. Horn, NOR WR 5 T. Heap, BAL TE 6 S. McNair, TEN QB 7 J. Smith, JAC WR With Brown and Jones around so long I don't know why he didn't grab one. :loco:Edit Staley Helps.
Team 6 is looking better to me the more I look at them.Team 5 started strong, but had been fading.

I'm liking karabell's team the most right now. if he can pick up another solid WR, he should be tough to beat. his team through 8:1 E. James, IND RB 2 F. Taylor, JAC RB 3 C. Johnson, CIN WR 4 T. Barber, NYG RB 5 M. Bulger, STL QB 6 J. Walker, GNB WR 7 J. Plummer, DEN QB 8 T. Minor, MIA RB
I've been liking this team and Engel's, but I can't say I'd be thrilled with Plummer as QB1.

3 , 6 and 10 look good so far 10 is the most rounded. But 3 can make some great traded to make his team very very soild.

I've been liking this team and Engel's, but I can't say I'd be thrilled with Plummer as QB1.
He's got bulger, too. with those 2, his QB play should be decent week to week.

Team 6 is looking better to me the more I look at them.Team 5 started strong, but had been fading.
With addition of Dunn I like 6 and 3 best so far. 6 has got a top RB, WR, TE, and QB. Not bad at all. 3 is just loaded at RB. :shock:

That's probably why he drafted Bulger 2 rounds earlier. :bag:

5 M. Bulger, STL QB is what chop liver? :boxing:

I'm liking karabell's team the most right now.  if he can pick up another solid WR, he should be tough to beat.  his team through 8:1 E. James, IND RB 2 F. Taylor, JAC RB 3 C. Johnson, CIN WR 4 T. Barber, NYG RB 5 M. Bulger, STL QB 6 J. Walker, GNB WR 7 J. Plummer, DEN QB 8 T. Minor, MIA RB
He's got bulger, too. with those 2, his QB play should be decent week to week.
:D Oops! Yeah, the really stupid is I liked the Bulger pick!Don't mind me. I guess some of these teams just have me so dumbfounded I've gone blind too.

I wonder if any of them are reading this thread looking for ideas. I might if I were them. Do they not know how to name their team? Engel taking Suggs is an embarrassment of riches, as is Burress in the 9th. Let's see what he does here in the 10th.

was thinking Burress for Engels team based on value among remaining WR's but then saw he had Ward so I thought he would go Boo. For some reason he still drafted Burress, I guess for trade bait along with a RB once some of these teams need RB's.

Engel's RB collection:

1 A. Green, GNB RB 2 D. Davis, HOU RB 5 K. Jones, DET RB 6 C. Brown, TEN RB 8 L. Suggs, CLE RB 10 C. Buckhalter, PHI RB
Man, this is fun to watch!

Thought Engle should have taken Green in 8. Im not sold on either one right now and its a bit early in camp to be declaring a winner. Buress was a decent pick, but he kinda swung for the fences 2 picks in a row with Suggs then Burress. I have no idea how Wheatley continues to fall in this "expert" draft.

Team 2 might as well mail it in now, they are the worst team by far. They only drafted 2 RB's through 10 rounds. Good thing they got 2 defenses though, good move :rolleyes:

Engel taking Suggs is an embarrassment of riches, as is Burress in the 9th. Let's see what he does here in the 10th.
His first real mistake, IMHO -- taking Buckhalter over Rod Smith, who he could've really used.Buckhalter would've made it back in the 11th, I'm sure.

Thought Engle should have taken Green in 8. Im not sold on either one right now and its a bit early in camp to be declaring a winner. Buress was a decent pick, but he kinda swung for the fences 2 picks in a row with Suggs then Burress. I have no idea how Wheatley continues to fall in this "expert" draft.
wheatley is gone. 10.04

I wonder if any of them are reading this thread looking for ideas. I might if I were them.
Something tells me if they knew about this site, we'd be watching a much different (and less entertaining) draft.I need to get some work done, and just can't look away!

Engel taking Suggs is an embarrassment of riches, as is Burress in the 9th.  Let's see what he does here in the 10th.
His first real mistake, IMHO -- taking Buckhalter over Rod Smith, who he could've really used.Buckhalter would've made it back in the 11th, I'm sure.
He ended up getting Booker in the 11th, nice pick. I like his drafting style, take the best value on the board whether or not you need them.Got Gates in the 12th. Nice team.

Team 2 might as well mail it in now, they are the worst team by far. They only drafted 2 RB's through 10 rounds. Good thing they got 2 defenses though, good move :rolleyes:
Grabbing 3 QBs thru 12 rounds too. I'm not familiar with the Draft-a-QB-every-4 rounds strategy. Is there an article here somewhere? :loco:

Grabbing 3 QBs thru 12 rounds too. I'm not familiar with the Draft-a-QB-every-4 rounds strategy. Is there an article here somewhere? :loco:
the crazy thing is through 13 rounds he still doesn't have ONE backup RB. I guess he's waiting to pickup Alsott/Fargas/Moe Williams in the 14th.

I like Engel's team and all, but he's going to suffer if Pennington goes down. As I watch, a lot of solid QB2 options are flying off the board (Delhomme, BJohnson).In the leagues I'm in, all those RB's will just rot on my bench. Very few owners would be willing to trade away solid WR's for some of those guys. Especially in a 10-team league where everyone thinks they have capable RB2's. I personally have had a tough time convincing other owners that they need my players.

With the exception of Priest and Rod Smith, it seems like team 1 (diver) is the all upside team. His team is made up entirely of players that I have right after their respective dropoffs. Owens, Thomas Jones, Mason, Crumpler, Duckett, S Jackson, Fitzgerald, McGahee, and McClown have upside, for sure, and they're all at or near the top of their respective tiers, but I'd feel like I missed out on something with each of them.

Team 2 might as well mail it in now, they are the worst team by far.  They only drafted 2 RB's through 10 rounds.  Good thing they got 2 defenses though, good move  :rolleyes:
the crazy thing is through 13 rounds he still doesn't have ONE backup RB. I guess he's waiting to pickup Alsott/Fargas/Moe Williams in the 14th.
Except Fargas went in the 9th! Who ARE these people?(You are right tho, he is HURTING for RBs!)

Bet Engel goes McCown in the 14th followed by K, then D.edit: he went Brunnell in the 15th. Only one pick left and needs a K and Def. I guess he plans on making a deal (probably with team 2) to open a roster spot.

Team 2 might as well mail it in now, they are the worst team by far.  They only drafted 2 RB's through 10 rounds.  Good thing they got 2 defenses though, good move   :rolleyes:
Except Fargas went in the 9th! Who ARE these people?(You are right tho, he is HURTING for RBs!)
There you go...G Jones for RB3. OUCH!Check out Team 7's RBs...hmmmmmm.JLewis - MSmithQGriffin - TBellJFargas - TWheatley

With the exception of Priest and Rod Smith, it seems like team 1 (diver) is the all upside team. His team is made up entirely of players that I have right after their respective dropoffs. Owens, Thomas Jones, Mason, Crumpler, Duckett, S Jackson, Fitzgerald, McGahee, and McClown have upside, for sure, and they're all at or near the top of their respective tiers, but I'd feel like I missed out on something with each of them.
I was thinking the same thing, except you could basically consider Rod an "upside" player this year as well. I don't think the only players with upside are rookies or young guys, I'd put Rod, Jimmy and Keyshawn as "upside" players as well. Veterans on the comeback.

OK, Brunell in the 15th isn't bad, but I'm still not convinced he will make it the whole season. But still, now he's short a starting position. Not a good move (especially in a mock draft???).

I like Engel's team and all, but he's going to suffer if Pennington goes down. As I watch, a lot of solid QB2 options are flying off the board (Delhomme, BJohnson).In
wow, was about to agree on this, but snagging brunell this late wasn't bad!edit: guess i need to post faster, too! ;)

OK, Brunell in the 15th isn't bad, but I'm still not convinced he will make it the whole season. But still, now he's short a starting position. Not a good move (especially in a mock draft???).
Must be using DD I seen it let you not draft a def or kicker........

Engel's team might not need a kicker. Also, I'm guessing this isn't being run as a survivor draft, but as a regular draft where he's assuming he could drop a guy closer to the season to pick up a kicker.

Users who are viewing this thread