What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN "experts" Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

1 A. Green, GNB RB2 D. Davis, HOU RB3 H. Ward, PIT WR4 S. Smith, CAR WR5 K. Jones, DET RB6 C. Brown, TEN RB7 C. Pennington, NYJ QB8 L. Suggs, CLE RB9 P. Burress, PIT WR10 C. Buckhalter, PHI RB11 M. Booker, CHI WR12 A. Gates, SDG TE13 T. Calico, TEN WR14 K. Johnson, BAL WR15 M. Brunell, WAS QB16 B. D/ST, DEN D/STGood Team. If he can work some trades he should get far. Package playes like Suggs, Brown , Booker and TC to imporve at QB and WR. and still have RB depth. Nicely done.

The Broncos as D11 in the 16th is a great pick.Brunell as QB22 was a steal as well.Colin
He got them up and down the board. Consistently grabbed the top player available regardless of need. I employed a similar tactic, not drafting a kicker, the last two years and instead took a gamble on some upside picks that could work out over the preseason. Right before the draft I either made a trade or a drop. Last year several members of my league tried the same move. Copycats.

The Broncos as D11 in the 16th is a great pick.Brunell as QB22 was a steal as well.Colin
He got them up and down the board. Consistently grabbed the top player available regardless of need. I employed a similar tactic, not drafting a kicker, the last two years and instead took a gamble on some upside picks that could work out over the preseason. Right before the draft I either made a trade or a drop. Last year several members of my league tried the same move. Copycats.
Anytime you draft with more than one preseason game left, you leave too much to chance by taking an extra TE, D, or Kicker in the last round just for depth. I am of the opinion that it pays off to use that 16th round pick on a deep sleeping WR (Freddie Mitchell, David Terrell, Travis Taylor) that your league has forgotten or a running back that would get great opportunity if a freak injury occurred. I'm a big believer that TEs, Ks, and Def - except for the top few - don't offer any value at all in a 16 round draft. I very rarely draft a kicker at all in a 12 teamer/16 rounds. Thats just me though.COlin

After watching this draft unfold, the only real surprise is that no one drafted Ricky Williams! Shipp in the 8th is likely the worst pick I've seen this year; he is done.Experts, eh? Got it. :rolleyes:

One thing to keep in mind: We're mostly used to 12-team drafts; this is a 10-team draft. So, for example, K. Jones and C. Martin as the third and fourth picks in the fifth round equates to the ninth and tenth picks in the fourth round of a 12-team draft. Still excellent value, but not quite so outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread