What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Giants/Panthers Game Thread (1 Viewer)

:excited: Whoa! Did Manning just get jacked or what?Would have thought the horses on the oline would have went after that guy after that cheap shot!

:excited: Whoa! Did Manning just get jacked or what?Would have thought the horses on the oline would have went after that guy after that cheap shot!
Did you get jacked too? You've posted the same thing three times.

Carolina D-line looks like it will continue dominance OR the Giants O-line is going to take a loooooong time to gel......or both.Wow.

Either the Panthers defensive line is a monster, or the Giants offensive line is putrid. I'm thinking it's a little of the former, but a lot of the latter.

Last week the Gman played the worst Def. and best Off.So there(Gman) Def. looked bad and Dayne looked good.This week they played a very good Def. and Dayne is Dayne.Panthers Off. is ok and Giants Def. is the Giants Def.Point How does anyone think the Giants are better then 8-8,and I'm being nice. :nerd:

Hey cool, that 12 yarder will help keep Tiki cheap. Dayne other than 12 yards on a draw play on third and 19: 4 rushes for 11 yards. I think I recognize this guy.

Very disappointed in the home town boys. 17 pts per half only equates to 34 pts per game. Need to ramp up the offense to target 40 pts per game.

Very disappointed in the home town boys. 17 pts per half only equates to 34 pts per game. Need to ramp up the offense to target 40 pts per game.
lolslow down chief. your boys were playing a team that will be lucky to win 1 game this year.they did look good, but my God the giants are miserable.

I'm not high or low on Dayne, or Tiki. I'd happily draft either of them if the value was there. You lose out on opportunities if you have an agenda that dogs on just one guy. Just remember, this is only a preseason game, and it's against one of the better run-stopping Ds in the league.GG

Dayne 5 for 23.Barber 7 for 19.I hear a lot of criticism on Dayne. Funny thing is that Barber is going a heck of a lot sooner than Dayne in drafts. With those stats I think people are focusing on the wrong back. If I had Barber, I'd be a little nervous right now.

lolslow down chief. your boys were playing a team that will be lucky to win 1 game this year.they did look good, but my God the giants are miserable.
Dude...Why the venom...I told you I was disappointed. :P

1st half conclusions from my perspective:1). Eli Manning is the real deal2). Jake Delhomme is the real deal3). Giant's OL is not good at run blocking at this point, and all the RB's will struggle to run the ball effectively, against top D's until the OL jells (if ever)4). Steve Smith -- WOW5). Muhsin Muhammad, 4/25/1 -- 6.5 ypc. Nice job in end-zone. Colbert, 0/0/0 -- neither did much as Smith was WOW6). Caro D loves Mark Fields, IDP playas take note.7). Ike Hilliard -- simpatico with Manning, may be under-rated

The back that will win the Giants job is the one that can pass protect no matter what the stats show in the preseason.I have Dayne deep on my bench, but I am not to optimistic, after watching that horrendous effort of blocking, that he will get the majority of the carries. The Giants will be behind a lot which means a lot of passing.... but with this protection from the OL, I wouldn't even consider the best receiving threat more than the one that will help protect the QB.

Dayne 5 for 23.Barber 7 for 19.I hear a lot of criticism on Dayne. Funny thing is that Barber is going a heck of a lot sooner than Dayne in drafts. With those stats I think people are focusing on the wrong back. If I had Barber, I'd be a little nervous right now.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Will you please keep that as your sig all season long?

Yeah, keep posting things like that, we need to get Barber's auction value down below $10. Make sure to ignore Tiki's receptions, and the fact that Dayne's only run of any distance came in a run-out-the-clock situation at third and 19.Naaah, I don't think anyone will buy it.

As a Tiki owner in a PPREC league, I am not nervous, but thanks for your conern. Tiki was 6 for 22 before an Eli audible that told the whole D to bum rush Tiki off the right tackle. And Dayne was 4 for 11 before a meaningless 3rd and 19 12-yard run.There are lies, there are d@mn lies, and then there are your stats.

Before anyone gets too excited about the last few runs Dayne has ripped, take a look at the names on the back of the Carolina jerseys. Most of them won't be on the opening day roster.Heck, Kurt Warner just ripped a long run against them! :shock:EDIT: I do love it though that many of my rivals will only look at the stat sheet and make assumptions about the Giants RBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, where are all the Keary Colbert fans? I grabbed Muhammy as a WR6 and I think I'll be looking for him in my remaining drafts.(Hilliard looks good too.)EDIT: That had to be the most tentative TD run I've ever seen. But at least he held onto it for the first time in 3 plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies and gentlemen, you have just witnessed the end of Ron Dayne's "resurgence".
What are you talking about? he scored a td...... on his third try..... after fumbling twice. :brush:

couple of fumbles and then a TD.. i guess Coughlin is trying to see what he's got in this kid...
I think Coughlin didn't want Dayne's last carry in his career as a NYG to be a fumble. Couple more performances like that and he will be riding the bench...

Hehe I sense a lot of denial from some Barber owners. Fact is, with the Giants OL I wouldn't touch any RB from that roster. The point of my post is that everyone is focusing on Dayne. When in reality everyone should be focusing on the Giants OL and Barber's production. If the Giants hope to go anywhere this season they need to produce against teams like Carolina. I wouldn't be sitting comfortable with a guy like Barber as my #2 RB. I'd rather take my chances on a guy like Chris Brown (who you could draft at a much cheaper price).

One thing I will say about Dayne here -- it seems to me that the NYG are trying to rebuild his confidence by playing him when he has a good chance to succeed. Remember that the Giants under Fassel kept him inactive all year last year, which HAS to destroy a player's confidence. The lesson that Coughlin is trying to teach Dayne this pre-season, IMO as I watch these games, is that "We believe in you".He did have a coupla nice runs there until the goal-line struggle made him look bad.I guess I'm saying that the new Giant's regime is trying to give Dayne some "therapy" after the downer non-season that was 2003 (from Dayne's perspective).Just an observation...

Users who are viewing this thread