What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Official Giants/Panthers Game Thread (1 Viewer)

BTW, where are all the Keary Colbert fans?
Colbert fan here. Haven't seen anything to change my opinion on Colbert vs. Muhammad. Smith/Delhomme connection was so awesome in the first half that the Panthers rarely needed to check down to anyone else in the pattern.Muhammad did do a nice job in traffic in the end-zone for that TD catch, but 4/25 at the half is hardly stats to crow about, IMO. He is a good run blocker though (too bad you don't get FP for pancakes ;) )

Hehe I sense a lot of denial from some Barber owners. Fact is, with the Giants OL I wouldn't touch any RB from that roster. The point of my post is that everyone is focusing on Dayne. When in reality everyone should be focusing on the Giants OL and Barber's production. If the Giants hope to go anywhere this season they need to produce against teams like Carolina. I wouldn't be sitting comfortable with a guy like Barber as my #2 RB. I'd rather take my chances on a guy like Chris Brown (who you could draft at a much cheaper price).
Nice try. But that wasn't your point. Your point was the we SHOULD focus on Dayne. In fact, you said:
Dayne 5 for 23.Barber 7 for 19.I hear a lot of criticism on Dayne. Funny thing is that Barber is going a heck of a lot sooner than Dayne in drafts. With those stats I think people are focusing on the wrong back.
You change positions quicker than John Kerry.

Muhammad did do a nice job in traffic in the end-zone for that TD catch, but 4/25 at the half is hardly stats to crow about, IMO. He is a good run blocker though (too bad you don't get FP for pancakes ;) )
You wouldn't take 64/400/16 from your WR4? :P

Hehe, I know what I meant. Barber had crappy first half stats and all I've read on this board is nothing but Dayne posts. I was trying to shift some of the focus toward how poorly Barber did today. The fact that he is getting drafted much earlier than Dayne is proof enough that he is the guy we should be focusing on, NOT Dayne. Please, don't try to put words into my mouth and if you misunderstood my intent then I'm sorry. I try to stick to impact players, i.e. Barber. Dayne is nothing more than a pipe-dream.

Hehe, I know what I meant. Barber had crappy first half stats and all I've read on this board is nothing but Dayne posts. I was trying to shift some of the focus toward how poorly Barber did today. The fact that he is getting drafted much earlier than Dayne is proof enough that he is the guy we should be focusing on, NOT Dayne. Please, don't try to put words into my mouth and if you misunderstood my intent then I'm sorry. I try to stick to impact players, i.e. Barber. Dayne is nothing more than a pipe-dream.
Right... so now you're going to let 7 carries by Barber in a meaningless preseason game dictate his value?You go ahead and draft a team of preseason all-stars, I won't stop you. :rolleyes:

Muhammad did do a nice job in traffic in the end-zone for that TD catch, but 4/25 at the half is hardly stats to crow about, IMO. He is a good run blocker though (too bad you don't get FP for pancakes ;) )
You wouldn't take 64/400/16 from your WR4? :P
:lol: Good one, DuffMan!

No BingoBrown, what you do is draft your RB's before you get stuck with someone like Barber as your #2. Funny how quick people are to make an assumption and then attack that assumption. I'm not one of those guys who got a hard on for Fargas last year. In fact I skipped over Fargas and grabbed Chris Brown before most people even knew who he was last season in my keeper league.

BTW, where are all the Keary Colbert fans?
Pretty nice 18 yard grab there. Nice hands, huh?
Sorry, moved on to Carly Peterson on the balance beam. I try not to let myself watch the 2nd halves of preseason games, so I don't come away thinking things like... well... like Ron Dayne looks good. :bag:

No BingoBrown, what you do is draft your RB's before you get stuck with someone like Barber as your #2. Funny how quick people are to make an assumption and then attack that assumption. I'm not one of those guys who got a hard on for Fargas last year. In fact I skipped over Fargas and grabbed Chris Brown before most people even knew who he was last season in my keeper league.
"Stuck with someone like Barber as your #2"???He had over 1,600 combined yards last year! And he had nearly 2,000 combined yards in 2002!Exactly who do you want as your #2? Priest Holmes to back up LT?Sure, it depends on what size league you're in, but in 12 team leagues, Tiki is certainly an adequate #2 RB, and in 16 team leagues, he's a very good #2 RB.Tiki is overlooked nearly every year, and this year is no different. It only helps that everyone is touting Dayne as the second coming of Jim Brown.

Panther's have won 6 consecutive pre-season games, although they won't win tonite as the NYG are a super team (I need my pre-season warm up too :D ).
:thumbup: Nice to see that you are already in regular season form!

You change positions quicker than John Kerry.
So does George Bush.
That's assuming Kerry actually HAD a position in the first place...*quickly changing subject* Warner made a couple good thorws, but still too many mistakes for a veteran. He should know better than to take a sack when flushed outside the pocket...

Users who are viewing this thread