What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thanks to top 200 my season is shot (1 Viewer)

J Maddi

Footballguy
I have lots of stuff going on right now and do not have time to read EVERY SINGLE NFL news blurb and check the boards every day. That is why I plunked down the money for FBG.

Well we had our draft last night and thanks to FBG I might as well have thrown away my franchise fee. How hard is it to make adjustments like TAKING INJURED PLAYERS OFF THE TOP 200? Maybe 30 secs? FBG can't take 30 secs to update the ^%#^%$$ TOP 200?

Lots of people use it for drafts since it easy to print and has all the value picks and you don't have to read every single article about every single game to be prepared for the draft. I don't have time to read Joe's spam three times a day either.

Maybe FBG does not have time to update the list every week but like I said there is NO EXCUSE to have players still on that list as of today who were injured more than a week ago!

NO EXCUSE

Thanks a lot for ruining my season. I don't want a refund unless FBG will also refund my franchise fee.

I also notice other subscribers having issues with the cheatsheets too so I guess its time to reevaluate priorities around here?

Edited to Add:

Round by Round Draft

1.10 Rudi Johnson

2.1 Harrison

3.10 Gonzalez

4.1 Chambers

5.10 Buckhalter

6.1 Minor

7.10 Brady

8.1 Garcia

9.10 Northcutt

10.1 Dayne

11.10 Carr

12.1 Glenn

13.10 Witten

14.1 Vinatieri

15.10 Richie Anderson

16.1 Rams

17.10 Jay Feely

18.1 Corey Bradford

Total Team

T Brady

J Garcia

D Carr

J Feely

R Johnson

C Buckhalter

T Minor

R Dayne

R Anderson

M Harrison

C Chambers

D Northcutt

T Glenn

C Bradford

T Gonzales

J Witten

A Viniateri

St Louis Defense

Last edited by a moderator:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Take responsibility for yourself. It's always somebodys elses fault is no way to go through life.

you were dead money anyway if you drafted solely on 1 top 200 list without checking anything out for yourself. should they update stuff like that? Yes, of course. but dont blame FBG for your "lack of time" and total lack of knowledge when draft day rolls around.it seems like you were relying 100% on FBG to win your leauge. IMO, you cant be upset when it backfires.

Dude, you can just e-mail me next time, pay me $30 and I'll personally draft your team for you. I'll promise to not draft any injured players.Or...you could actually give a crap about the hobby and put a little time into it so you don't have to come here whining and letting everyone know how f'in lazy you are.Option 3: Go buy a magazine and save $14 off the FBG subscription.

You are joking right?Let me paraphrase this post:I am too lazy to actually earn something in life. I want you to guarantee me that if I pay my league entry fee and then become a member at FBG, I automatically will have the best team in the league. If I don't, it is your fault and none of my own. Give me my money back! :cry:

Assuming this isn't a fishing trip, let me see if I understand this right. You don't have time to see who has been injured recently or to keep up on what is going on in this vital part of the pre-season before most fantasy drafts. You pay to join a league and use a footballguys service to ASSIST you at your draft. You then draft a player or players that have been hurt for a week and blame footballguys for not taking them off their top 200 quick enough for you. That right?Dude, if you drafted a guy like Schipp or Westbrook or Boldin early, you are not really into the game and shouldn't be playing fantasy football my friend. The stuff provided here (or anywhere else for that matter) are tools to assist you in your drafts and leagues and stuff. They are not a document that if you follow will guarantee success. Some thought, or dare I say, preparation by you is required in order to avoid looking like the rear end of a horse on draft day.In short, quit your biiitchin and look in the mirror to see why your team sucks and your season is over. :snapperhead:

:fishing: He joined today and already had his draft?? :rolleyes:
I don't believe you have to register at the BB to subscribe to FBG...but I could be wrong since I've been here since before FBG charged.

Oh man, I laughed heartily when I read this. Give me a break...I'm no fantasy guru, a guppy at best, but give me a break here. You are supposed to use these rankings as a guide. FBG even provides paid subscribers with a preseason injury report. You are too busy to even look at that? You can't take 30 minutes and catch up on the latest news using the FREE news blogger that they also provide us with? If not, then why the hell are you even in a fantasy football league?

FBG, shame on you. I paid my money and expect you to draft my team for me. Why haven't you? And you had better maintain my team this season too, I don't have time to even look at it. Thanks for ruining my life!

Dude, if you drafted a guy like Schipp or Westbrook or Boldin early, you are not really into the game and shouldn't be playing fantasy football my friend.
Westbrook's hurt!?!?!:crapspants:

Dude, if you drafted a guy like Schipp or Westbrook or Boldin early, you are not really into the game and shouldn't be playing fantasy football my friend.
Did you mean Buckhalter or did I miss something? :confused:

I'll bet it's a Correll Buckhalter drafter.Dude, they make it very clear that the top 200 is updated weekly. The date the list is posted is right on there. There are preseason games that take place between updates - if someone gets hurt, it's YOUR responsibility to know this and draft accordingly. These forums are a great way to do that - if someone gets injured, you know it INSTANTLY. Don't cry to FBG because you failed to do your due diligence. The forums are free. The NFL injury reports are available online for free. It can't take more than 15 minutes just prior to your draft to scan these resources for an injury which may affect your draft strategy. If you don't have that much free time, maybe you ought to consider quitting fantasy football and using your time more constructively.

Just did an admittedly quick scan of the top 200 list and the only injured name I picked out was C-Buck. Now while I may have missed something, if your entire fantasy season was resting on C-Buck's shoulders. you were in trouble even without the injury.

While he is being a whiny tool about it, he does have a point. True, he should put a little time in to prep for the draft, but the info on the top 200 list should be pretty current. Now, I can't imagine who he drafted that wouldn't have had their injury accounted for, that would really mess up his season. The only one who would have changed is Buckhalter, as far as I can see.So, probably :fishy:

why do people feel they need to come up with an alias to gripe? Be tough to be a new member today, viewed all the info, and had your draft.Like most sites, they should be for reference and not Gospel. Only the team owner has final say on who ends up on his team.Had you bought a $8 magazine, you would have totally been out of date. If you are only a week off, then you are in better shape then most at your draft who use magazines and such. If you were the only one that was drafting off information that was not 100% accurate, then that makes you the guppy in your league. This site has tons of up-to-date information...sounds like you were not willing to go look.As for Joe's emails, they help a lot! Even if you just read the initial headlines you would know who is hurt and who is not. It does not take hours of prep. Also the Blogger is awesome for a quick recap as well.Maybe your next draft you will take the time to do a little review. :violin:Did everyone laugh at you at the draft for taking CBuck? That is the only real player down unless Loseman is your starting QB!

He is #2 in the string of idiots that have been on here complaining about something. Joe can refund his money and this guy can go on his way back to his free Yahoo leagues where he belongs.I put the over/under on 4-5 more of these "FFL expurts" in the coming weeks.But then the new breed will come out--the guys who complain about the matchups portions and FBG said someone had a tough matchup, so they didn't start him and then they had a good day so they lost because of this site.

What strikes me as so ironic is that the time it took to log on to FBG, then this BB and post the well documented as whiny admission of being lazy and igorant post, you could have looked up the recent injury report provided by FBG to supplement your Top 200 List! Geez.

Hey guys how'd I do?QB- Q CarterRB - R WilliamsRB - C BuckhalterRB - T BellWR - D BostonWR - A BoldinWR - M BookerI just used a top 200 list I had laying around. :football:

Obviously no one is getting the point.I've got LOTS OF STUFF going on in my life right now and I can't focus on stats and news like I usually do. Moving, school, 2 jobs, travel barely making it to the draft on time I trusted top 200 could at least get me through the draft with some good value picks not screw up my season.So I guess FBG can do no wrong. What a waste of time to even complain.

Did you mean Buckhalter or did I miss something? :confused:
DOH!! I hate it when that happens.I would go edit my post, but I am far too ashamed. It must be Shick's fault. :bag:

definitly a fish story. Anybody that has the time to post at these boards knows whats going on in the NFL. There hasnt been that many season ending injuries that even a casual observer cant see.And even if it was true, you should be ashamed of yourself relying on nothing but a top 200 list you just printed :thumbdown:

Guppies don't belong here anyway...If you were a true player, you'd know how to draft a team. Relying solely on a Top 200 list with NO other knowledge of the possible pitfalls within? LOL.You have no one to blame except yourself.Go ahead and discredit FBG's to the guys in your league. PLEASE. :) We'll keep this little gem to ourselves. ;)

Hey guys how'd I do?QB- Q CarterRB - R WilliamsRB - C BuckhalterRB - T BellWR - D BostonWR - A BoldinWR - M BookerI just used a top 200 list I had laying around. :football:
Dude, you should've drafted M. Shipp instead of Tatum Bell. And be sure to pick up P. Rivers in SD to back up Carter.

Obviously no one is getting the point.I've got LOTS OF STUFF going on in my life right now and I can't focus on stats and news like I usually do. Moving, school, 2 jobs, travel barely making it to the draft on time I trusted top 200 could at least get me through the draft with some good value picks not screw up my season.So I guess FBG can do no wrong. What a waste of time to even complain.
Bro, if you're looking for a shoulder to cry on, you picked the wrong place. This board is full of guys who have used this site to great success.I humbly submit you visit the town of Wells, Nev. There they have a bunch of places you can go, pay $1000, and have a fat, toothless, worn-out woman sit for an hour and listen to how badly you got shafted by FBG.

Let's see your team that you drafted with the top 200 listed.

I am not even a member and I want to hit this guy in the face. What an idiot Buckhalter was not even a starter. Just because you join a site does not mean you cannot read NFL articles on sportline or epsn. Maybe he cant read that is the problem. Anyways FOOTBALLGUYS is great and I WILL join next year. That will make of the loss of this dud poster.

Good luck next year Maddi. Though judging by your post, maybe Fantasy Football (or at least $$ leagues) aren't for you. Maybe you could take up something like checkers ... maybe connect-four.JAA

The reality is it doesn't matter that this guy is too lazy to check for himself as it is a customer service issue. He paid for a service with certain expectations and he doesn't think the product met those expectations. Fortuantely for him FBG does offer a money back guarantee.As for updating the top 200 list. There are probably people just like this person that aren't really into FF but get into leagues to be a part of something with friends or coworkers and these people may have more money than time/interest and would like a service to 'do it' for them. So if FBG wants to cater to this type of customer then they might want to update their list more often.

Far be it from me to tell someone else what to do with their life, but maybe - since you have so much going on in your life - you should have skipped FF this year.That having been said, you got a Top 200 list that was no more than a week old. So who exactly did FBGs screw you on?

:violin: Cry me a river, pal. JC! I too have moved to a completely different city and started a brand new, high-stress job, starting an office at an institution where one previously didn't exist, so I am working 10-12 hour days. I bought a house, and I had the basement flood in the first month because of all the rain we had around here. We all have problems. Get a f'n clue!

I have to agree- I was a member last year and got so mad because nothing was ever posted on time. I don't have time to watch for every little thing that happens on every team either, so it is nice to get the information quickly.Don't get me wrong, I love the message boards, but I would not pay a penny for the subscription services

I have lots of stuff going on right now and do not have time to read EVERY SINGLE NFL news blurb and check the boards every day. That is why I plunked down the money for FBG. Well we had our draft last night and thanks to FBG I might as well have thrown away my franchise fee. How hard is it to make adjustments like TAKING INJURED PLAYERS OFF THE TOP 200? Maybe 30 secs? FBG can't take 30 secs to update the ^%#^%$$ TOP 200? Lots of people use it for drafts since it easy to print and has all the value picks and you don't have to read every single article about every single game to be prepared for the draft. I don't have time to read Joe's spam three times a day either.Maybe FBG does not have time to update the list every week but like I said there is NO EXCUSE to have players still on that list as of today who were injured more than a week ago!NO EXCUSEThanks a lot for ruining my season. I don't want a refund unless FBG will also refund my franchise fee.I also notice other subscribers having issues with the cheatsheets too so I guess its time to reevaluate priorities around here?
Sorry that happened. Tell you what, post your draft -- round by round -- and I'll offer some suggestions. Also, include a brief description of your scoring and how many teams are in the league.I'll check back in a little while.

I have to agree- I was a member last year and got so mad because nothing was ever posted on time. I don't have time to watch for every little thing that happens on every team either, so it is nice to get the information quickly.Don't get me wrong, I love the message boards, but I would not pay a penny for the subscription services

I'd like to see a real time Top 200. I am sure the FBG staff are looking for something else to fill their days so why not let them update it in real time. :wall: In fact, they could update everything in real time, the predictions, rankings, VBD, Draft Dominator. Sleep is overated anyway! :ph34r:

I have lots of stuff going on right now and do not have time to read EVERY SINGLE NFL news blurb and check the boards every day. That is why I plunked down the money for FBG. Well we had our draft last night and thanks to FBG I might as well have thrown away my franchise fee. How hard is it to make adjustments like TAKING INJURED PLAYERS OFF THE TOP 200? Maybe 30 secs? FBG can't take 30 secs to update the ^%#^%$$ TOP 200? Lots of people use it for drafts since it easy to print and has all the value picks and you don't have to read every single article about every single game to be prepared for the draft. I don't have time to read Joe's spam three times a day either.Maybe FBG does not have time to update the list every week but like I said there is NO EXCUSE to have players still on that list as of today who were injured more than a week ago!NO EXCUSEThanks a lot for ruining my season. I don't want a refund unless FBG will also refund my franchise fee.I also notice other subscribers having issues with the cheatsheets too so I guess its time to reevaluate priorities around here?
Sorry that happened. Tell you what, post your draft -- round by round -- and I'll offer some suggestions. Also, include a brief description of your scoring and how many teams are in the league.I'll check back in a little while.
I agree, let us know your round by round pick, then we can give you some suggestions.

So I guess FBG can do no wrong. What a waste of time to even complain.
Hi Jmaddi,Apologies if you're not satisfied with the product we offer. One of the things we offer is a money back guarantee. Obviously, I can't cover your league entry fee, but if you're not satisfied with the service, just let me know by sending an email to bryant@footballguys.com and I'll cancel your subscription and refund your money.J

Users who are viewing this thread