What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thanks to top 200 my season is shot (2 Viewers)

I have lots of stuff going on right now and do not have time to read EVERY SINGLE NFL news blurb and check the boards every day. That is why I plunked down the money for FBG.

Well we had our draft last night and thanks to FBG I might as well have thrown away my franchise fee. How hard is it to make adjustments like TAKING INJURED PLAYERS OFF THE TOP 200? Maybe 30 secs? FBG can't take 30 secs to update the ^%#^%$$ TOP 200?

Lots of people use it for drafts since it easy to print and has all the value picks and you don't have to read every single article about every single game to be prepared for the draft. I don't have time to read Joe's spam three times a day either.

Maybe FBG does not have time to update the list every week but like I said there is NO EXCUSE to have players still on that list as of today who were injured more than a week ago!

NO EXCUSE

Thanks a lot for ruining my season. I don't want a refund unless FBG will also refund my franchise fee.

I also notice other subscribers having issues with the cheatsheets too so I guess its time to reevaluate priorities around here?
It seems to me that J Maddi is frustrated with a lot of pressures (time and otherwise) right now.Sorry that you don't have time to do the things you enjoy properly right now, or to use more than one resource in preparation for your draft.

However, I must respond that every endeavor in life, from Kindergarten to a successful marriage to fantasy football requires the person in charge of that endeavor to put forth some degree of effort -- the results almost always reflect on the amount of work invested.

Clayton Gray has 110 different draft sheets on the front page, designed to fit a ton of different scoring paradigms -- surely, a more targetted draft sheet would have been a superior choice over a generic top 200 list?

http://apps.footballguys.com/110cheatsheets.cfm

Here is the notice Clayton put up after the Buckhalter injury (its in huge font on the cheatsheet page:

Note: These were created before Correll Buckhalter was lost for the season. He has been replaced with a blank. These will be updated again on Thursday, August 26th.
If you were rushed and made a mistake (choosing the wrong resource), then its a problem that you created. I suggest that you start making trade offers to the other owners in the league, and chart out a Free Agent wish list, so you can make some moves ASAP. I'm sure that you'll be able to turn your team around within a few weeks. My .02. -- MW

I'm really interested in seeing his picks. If he's on the up and up, I wouldn't be surprised if he's being taken by the other teams in his league. "You drafted Priest? Dude, didn't you hear about his hip problem? Man he's a waste of a pick."

Obviously no one is getting the point.I've got LOTS OF STUFF going on in my life right now and I can't focus on stats and news like I usually do. Moving, school, 2 jobs, travel barely making it to the draft on time I trusted top 200 could at least get me through the draft with some good value picks not screw up my season.So I guess FBG can do no wrong. What a waste of time to even complain.
Man, just because you're busy doesn't mean that the service you pay for needs to be better. Let's say I pay someone to clean my apartment for 3 hours twice a week. Well, then I get busy with my two jobs, school, travel, etc, and my house starts to look worse. Is it because my cleaning person is doing a bad job? No - I'm simply getting the same return with less effort on my part - hence, the final product sucks ###. This is what's going on with you. Imagine what your team would look like if you'd had absolutely nothing. Now look at what you've got. Now imagine what you'd have if you'd put in 20 minutes of your own time to look at the injury report - even if it had been DURING your draft. Sorry you got screwed, but let's be honest: even minimal work on your part would have made this a much better season for you. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You see a list of sure-fires and just draft from that, you're going to be screwed. FBG isn't a site for people who just need a list - and I'd assume you knew that. This is a full-service geek-a-thon for people who are convinced this is an "art form" and not a "hobby" for the most part. Suck it up, get yourself in gear, realize that for the first three weeks you'll be getting the top Free Agents in the league (if your draft was really that bad) and get ready to make your playoff push with the Domanick Davis of this year.Now, just because my curiosity has gotten the better of me: Who did you pick up?

As for updating the top 200 list. There are probably people just like this person that aren't really into FF but get into leagues to be a part of something with friends or coworkers and these people may have more money than time/interest and would like a service to 'do it' for them. So if FBG wants to cater to this type of customer then they might want to update their list more often.
I don't really think FBG is really looking to cater to this type of customer. Right under the logo on the front page of the website it says "Fantasy Football Info For Serious Players". Obviously this clown is not a serious player and not in the target market.FBG could target the casual fans and put out a new cheatsheet every day with no reasoning or explanation. Or they could spend their time attending conventions with John Clayton, developing applications like the Draft Dominator, VBD Sheet and Data Dominator, buying out top competitors and bringing the best IDP gurus in the business, and so forth. Making sure they've got better information available than anyone else out there. Easy choice if you ask me.If your goal is to spend as little time as possible on FF and still compete, this site is NOT for you. Ask for your refund and move on, they won't miss you.

Very classy to offer a refund Joe. This is the kind of thing that makes you guys successful. Wish I could share you with my friends :D but I wont :devil: Anyway, look at it this way, god knows what kind of team he would have drafted without having the top 200 at all. Seriously, maybe Ricky Williams would have been his #1 pick if he was relying on a magazine.

77 User(s) are reading this topicgreatest fishing trip evahShick! please do some alias confirmation for us.....

Make him post his draft before you give him his money back so we can continue to ridicule him when he's gone please. Thanks. :thumbup:

Doing everything I can to have the right tools done on time, but it's impossible to update everything everyday.New Projections are released on Monday or Tuesday (They take about 5 hours) so that they reflect the preseason games (usually when injuries occur).New VBD App is released each Wednesday (This also takes about 5 hours too as it includes new ADP info and distribution data which feeds the Dominator) and hinges on new projections being complete.Top 200 lists, Draft Dominator and Cheatsheets all require a new VBD App so they come out Thursday morning.To factor in the preseason games, this has to be the schedule going forward.

So I guess FBG can do no wrong. What a waste of time to even complain.
Hi Jmaddi,Apologies if you're not satisfied with the product we offer. One of the things we offer is a money back guarantee. Obviously, I can't cover your league entry fee, but if you're not satisfied with the service, just let me know by sending an email to bryant@footballguys.com and I'll cancel your subscription and refund your money.J
:rotflmao:GB the Bryant Auto-Pilot response.

Doing everything I can to have the right tools done on time, but it's impossible to update everything everyday.New Projections are released on Monday or Tuesday (They take about 5 hours) so that they reflect the preseason games (usually when injuries occur).New VBD App is released each Wednesday (This also takes about 5 hours too as it includes new ADP info and distribution data which feeds the Dominator) and hinges on new projections being complete.Top 200 lists, Draft Dominator and Cheatsheets all require a new VBD App so they come out Thursday morning.To factor in the preseason games, this has to be the schedule going forward.
David, I'd say 99.9 % of the people here understand how much time is put into each of these. Keep up the great work!

It sounds like your life is very busy. I'm sure no one else's here either. Maybe you should find a new hobby that you do have time for.

Hey JAA I thought it was Oak, Ind, ,Pit , and Ten fans that were the whiners? They're the ones who #####ed about losing to a lesser team :cry: 2nd maybe JMaddi shouldn't have drafted a team, it looks like you won't have enought time to put your roster in each week.... :cry:

77 User(s) are reading this topicgreatest fishing trip evah
Blasphemy! The greatest fishing trip ever was obviously "Jerry Rice -- Not a HOF'er". Followed closely by the big haul that slipperyslope pulled in. GB Ol' Yeller.

Slacker ;)

David, I'd say 99.9 % of the people here understand how much time is put into each of these. Keep up the great work!
:yes:

Obviously no one is getting the point.I've got LOTS OF STUFF going on in my life right now and I can't focus on stats and news like I usually do. Moving, school, 2 jobs, travel barely making it to the draft on time I trusted top 200 could at least get me through the draft with some good value picks not screw up my season.So I guess FBG can do no wrong. What a waste of time to even complain.
cancerterrorismcar wreckstop 200 lists are all badsorry man-every heard of the newspaper or cable tv....

:popcorn: I just want to see his team and what position he drafted from!Sadly, I think I'll be disappointed. Maybe I'll create a new thread asking JMaddi for the 30 minutes of my busy life back, as well as my league fees.

1. As Joe said, we have a money back guarantee. Please take him up on it if you see fit.2. Post your team. Nothing to lose and by the attention generated, I'm sure we could offer some nice suggestions.COlin

:rolleyes: Yet you've got time to refresh this post a hundred times to see what reply's you got??As many have posted above, if your draft relies soley on 1 top 200 list and no other reading or Listening to other news than I may have an opening in one of my leagues for ya :loco:

1. As Joe said, we have a money back guarantee. Please take him up on it if you see fit.2. Post your team. Nothing to lose and by the attention generated, I'm sure we could offer some nice suggestions.COlin
Man, a staffer just gave permission for a Shark Pool "Rate My Team"/"Who Should I Pick Up" thread. You've got to take advantage of this, J.

The only thing better than seeing his roster with the likes of Buckhalter and Boston would be hearing the room break out laughing after he drafted these guys. :rotflmao:

Thanks for manning up on the refund offer. I am sending you an email too about something else.Here are the players I drafted in order: Rudi Johnson, Harrison, Gonzalez, Chambers, Buckhalter, Minor, Brady, Garcia, Northcutt, Dayne, Carr, Glenn, Witten, Vinatieri, Richie Anderson, Rams, Jay Feely, Corey Bradford.As you can see I thought I was fine at RB. Now I probably have to trade off Harrison to get another RB whose not on IR or lost their job. If the info had been correct I would have had a stacked team instead of an inbox full of trade offers for Harrison.That's why having one bad pick due to bad information can ruin a draft.

Thanks for manning up on the refund offer.

I am sending you an email too about something else.

Here are the players I drafted in order: Rudi Johnson, Harrison, Gonzalez, Chambers, Buckhalter, Minor, Brady, Garcia, Northcutt, Dayne, Carr, Glenn, Witten, Vinatieri, Richie Anderson, Rams, Jay Feely, Corey Bradford.

As you can see I thought I was fine at RB. Now I probably have to trade off Harrison to get another RB whose not on IR or lost their job. If the info had been correct I would have had a stacked team instead of an inbox full of trade offers for Harrison.

That's why having one bad pick due to bad information can ruin a draft.
Your RB #2 was part of a RBBC - you may have been fine, but it was no sure thing. I'd try to package Gonzo & one of the QBs for a RB.

Hey David, quit messing around on the message boards and send me my case of stat books already!! Sheesh, make it sound like your busy and all and nothing is being sent out on time or is accurate!!! :bag: Just kidding. :bow:

Dude, if you drafted a guy like Schipp or Westbrook or Boldin early, you are not really into the game and shouldn't be playing fantasy football my friend.
Westbrook's hurt!?!?!:crapspants:
Watters has officially retired :D Just in case you use an older cheatsheet.

Last edited by a moderator:
you took rudi in the first and a RBBC as your 2nd RB. it's your own fault, regardless of who is hurt.the point of a hobby(ie fantasy football) is that it is something to do in your free time. if you dont have any free time, you shouldnt have a hobbyif this is a fishing trip good job :thumbup: but not as good as the jerry rice thread

To answer your question there's 10 teams and I had to pick last since I held up the draft for 30 minutes.I don't understand if Buckhalter was not the starter why was he so high up there on the top 200?For all the comments posted I am not a FF newbie. This is my thrid year and like I said things are just really hectic the past 2 weeks.

What position did you draft out of, and how many teams in the League?From the looks of it, you were going to try and run with part of a RBBC as your #2, and hope for a home run on Minor anyway. Your RBs wouldn't have been "stacked" with this setup even if Buckhalter was healthy.However, it isn't the worst framework for a team, and you've got several hundred posters/Staff right here thinking about your team, ready to give advise. Barely anyone could pay for this type of attention. ;)

To answer your question there's 10 teams and I had to pick last since I held up the draft for 30 minutes.I don't understand if Buckhalter was not the starter why was he so high up there on the top 200?For all the comments posted I am not a FF newbie. This is my thrid year and like I said things are just really hectic the past 2 weeks.
How high was he (how many RBs went before him)? He couldn't have been too high - you took him in the 5th round.

Yea screw FBG!!! you should use this site like I do. :thumbup:
BTW, I hope noone anyone actually tries to use blackeyedjoe for its intended purpose.If you google for 'blackeyedjoe', 90% of the links go straight to footballguys.com.-Greg

What a shame that you didn't look at the site just a little more. Instead of an older top 200, with just a few more minutes of looking, you would have seen Clayton Gray's 110 different Cheatsheats. Not only would it have been your leagues scoring system, and far more accurate, but it's brand new, and took Buckhalter into account. There's lots to see on the site. All the tools anyone needs are right there. What you needed was right there the whole time for you to use. I do understand feeling busy though...

Who's fault was it that you were late for the draft?Things would have had to have been VERY HECTIC for a lot longer than 2 weeks for you to not know that Buckhalter wasn't the starter in Philly.the top 200 probably could have helped you more if you didn't follow it blindly. Taking 3 QB's in 5 rounds and 2 back to back hurt you. The Buckhalter selection really hurt you. Like someone else suggested though, see if you can package Gonzo and a QB to get another RB. Best of luck.

Guys,A couple of things on this post.1) This is more than likely a fishing trip but if it is a ticked of client the best solution has already been offered in a money back guarntee. I aslo applaud the site owners for leaving the post of a dissatisfied customer for all to see. Assuming the story is true as we should.2) More than likely the poster heard this was the best site on the Net and rushed to sign up before the draft . 3) I have a lower image of alot of the so called "sharks" after bashing someone instead of pointing him to the Assistant and trying to help him correct his situation. The bashing is only a negative reflection on the message board when a new subscriber comes to take a look. 4) If any so called "Shark" thinks this site is a secret from the league mates then they are kidding them selves. You do a base search in yahoo of "Fantasy football tools" and guess which site is first on the list. 5) The continual bashing of people using certain sites is another common theme here give it a break and support the hobby. All the bashing done on these boards just runs people off. It's amazing how immature the majority of people can be.6) I subscribed to Footballguys last year along with four other of my team mates and wasn't really impressed and have passed on it this year. The tools are nice but need alot of work and the information is just insights on things I've already decided on. Of the four of us one will be renewing the subscription because he liked the matchups that were done since he plays QBBC. I would look at joining again if a major revamp was done toward dynasty and auction.===================================The best thing going here is the forums where you can discuss football topics with *a few knowledable and mature individuals*. In the past Goatherders (Colin) has provided good insight into draft day and up and coming college players and Blue Onion stand out for general football discussions.. There are others also but they stand out the most in my mind. ===================================.

Consider me hooked but ...One question. As a subscriber, you get the e-mail updates, don'tcha? You don't have to read every story. Hell, I don't. But there have been breaking update e-mails for a lot of the major stories, and a quick scan of headlines (#116, the 20th 1. RB Buckhalter (PHI) Injures Right Knee - Out for Season) would have told you what you need to know.On another note on the fishing Identity though, Is there a rival website that would profit from causing trouble out there? Just a thought...

Consider me hooked but ...One question. As a subscriber, you get the e-mail updates, don'tcha? You don't have to read every story. Hell, I don't. But there have been breaking update e-mails for a lot of the major stories, and a quick scan of headlines (#116, the 20th 1. RB Buckhalter (PHI) Injures Right Knee - Out for Season) would have told you what you need to know.On another note on the fishing Identity though, Is there a rival website that would profit from causing trouble out there? Just a thought...
From the first post he indicated that the e-mails are nothing but "spam". :loco: By the way Twilight, nice trade in the COS! :thumbup:

there are 18 players on your team... c-buck was one of them.you said your team was "stacked"... your word.since you were too busy to notice c-buck is done for the year, it sounds like you relied heavily on fbg material to come up with the rest of your "stacked" team.i'm not sure if i agree with your assessment that your team is loaded. but if you thought your team was loaded with c-buck, he is just one of your eighteen, and doesn't seem as important to the overall composition of your team as you are making him out to be. if your team really is as loaded as you make it out to be, than 17 of your 18 players were the benefit of assistance you got from fbg, and some people might be appreciative.if your team isn't as good as you are under the impression it is, it isn't just because of that one player. there could be deeper rooted problems than the fact that c-buck was on top 200 list.you can't have it both ways.team stacked... thank fbgnot stacked... take responsibility for the fact that you have unrealistic expectations if you think you could have a stacked team doing no work & spending no timei haven't seen anybody suggest you SHOULD spend more time. that is obviously your business. but it would seem sensible to make your expectations conform to the amount of effort you put into it. there are guys in my league that through a combination of being busy and not being as interested, don't follow things as closely, and generally don't do as well. but i'm sure they don't expect to do as well. some ways of working are more efficient & economical. whatever level of time you can put in to your hobby, and it varies all over the place depending on inclination, its better to work smart. some people put in more time with inferior tools & methods & do worse. it is possible to spend less time with good tools & knowing how to use them, & get further.it just takes a few minutes a week to purchase the usa today sports weekly and read the divisional team reports (even that might not help with c-buck if injury occurs after paper goes to press). the news blogger is a great augment to weekly news. you could scan titles & synopsis in a few minutes for whole day. or do at your pace... skip a few days & catch up later, check a few days at once, in a llittle onger, but still just a few minutes. sports center has updates daily this time of year. no guarantee you would have found out about c-buk if you saw only sporadically, but if you watched regularly when you can it could help.you can scan the mssg boards here for only those subjects & titles of interest... that is working efficiently. there are regular features like john norton's eye of the guru IDP column, which is exactly for that purpose of synthesizing & distilling out the essence based on a lot of experience (in player watching & league strategies), breaking down film, thinking about implications, etc... so you don't have to do that hard work.other good resources if you are busy is len pasquarelli's tip sheet on espn, pro football weekly's the way we hear it & whispers running weekly columns (in season, amyway), i subscribe to sporting news & the team reports can be quickly scanned because players names are bolded & you can skip those not of interest & focus on those that are, pete prisco does a good weekly column with cbs sportsline that is also found on nfl.com, which has a lot of weekly columns you can scan or skip according to interest, usa today team reports are a nice balance of detail & relevance with being concise & easy to use. fantasy index has a weekly Q & A. i read an interview in which one of our staffers who won the $200,000 WCOFF prize money said he was lucky he got boldin week 1 WW by doing bad the first week. for a lot of teams shrewd in season moves & WW luck of the draw is at least as important a determinant in the fate of your team as the initial draft. getting boldin may have been a bit of luck, but the winning team may have been hipped to boldin by fbg blogger, mssg boards or columns like aforementioned ones at fbg as well. :^)ironically we even have resources that teach you how to make better, easier, quicker use of the tools. but if you don't have time to explore the tools in the first place, i could see how you wouldn't have time to read the description & explanation type resources here on the site. but it is there... and might be a case that a minimum of time & effort to find them would reap dividends in working more efficiently, since you are busy, and with a minimum expenditure of time & effort.you could improve your team by working smarter (scan blogger few minutes a week, etc)... not necessarily harder. find 1-2 key synopsis you trust... norton column for IDP, pasquarellis tip sheet, etc. why trade harrison for a RB that wasn't even a starter. what if terry glenn or corey bradford had been injured... would you trade rudi johnson to fix that.that fact that you are considering maybe trading your best player to patch a relatively less significant problem than the one you will have if you make the trade (trade harrison out of desperation & fail to get comparable value and you are going to have two problems, & a bigger overall one... you could get a better player than c-buck PLUS & you would only need to part with chambers, or you could trade brady or garcia for a RBBC RB)... is emblematic of much deeper issues than can be solved by a top 200 list. since you will no longer be relying on the top 200 list, and you are too busy to follow the news that breaks daily (the spam you referred to comes once a day, not three times, and you can scan for interest in a few minutes), what is to prevent being ripped off on trades?if you are in a league with friends, isn't there anybody you could ask before the draft for latest injury reports. i am guessing this isn't a big money league or you would make the time to do due diligence. and if this is an online draft, it just takes a few seconds while you are in between daft picks to search your player in google and see if they died since you last read the paper or saw espn sports center. this time of the year there are many injuries.i drafted boldin in one draft & boss bailey in an IDP draft, but they were just one player. people draft players that for one reason or the other get injured or underperform... if you draft well throughout the process, than you can surmount the inevitable challenges that come up.good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't see another site benefitting from the orginal post. There is not a business out there that doesn't have unsatisfied customers. Sadly it is the unsatisified customer that makes the most noise to everyone else not the hundreds or thousands of satisified customers. So most people tend to look at someone complaining in a public forum as trivial. The most damage in my eyes would have been done by the negative posting done by the members of a forum that the site is running. Although, no one associated with the main site has said anything negative all of the opinions outside of them tarnish the site.

Users who are viewing this thread