What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official "Eat your Chris Brown Crow" thread (1 Viewer)

What I do not understand is how he can be a top 10-12 Rb and be a Bad selection in R2. If you are drafting with a bunch of real sharks, he is not going to make it to R3. Sure, getting him in later rounds was a great deal earlier, but its no longer happpening in leagues with savvy owners.SO just because he is no longer the great deal he was a few weeks back, if he plays to RB 10-12 expectations, he offers value anywhere past about 2.02.My only real complaint about this site is the reliance on ADps as real and showing value based on them. In the drafts I am in, those ADPs are myths. If there is perceptible talent on the board, you better grab it or someone else will beat you to it.
Good point, but my question back is he that much head and shoulders above similiar options that you couldn't risk letting him slide? Based on your first post, I believe your answer will be yes. Here's an example of what I'm saying...last Sunday in a local draft of FBGs I had the option of Westbrook, Bennett, and D. Davis at 2.9 and C-pep was on the board. I went C-Pep even though I'm really big on Westbrook this year. Westbrook was taken before 3.4, but I picked up similiar value in DD. C-pep would have been gone if I had taken Westbrook and I didn't need a 3rd RB to sit on the bench in round 3.
Excellent points all. Based on your individual projections, thats a choice you'd have to make for yourself. If you don't want/need another RB in the 3rd round, than you likely help yourself in the situation you list. I have Brown at RB11 (IIRC), 14th overall, which makes him VERY valuable in my estimation.COlin
I agree with both of you. I had no desire to go RB-RB-RB (I got McAllister in R1), so even if I took Bennett and Brown slid, I did not have the RB2 I really wanted. I am in line with CD's projections for C Brown. I think the wild card may be how many receptions he gets. If he's in there all three downs with McNair, he could easily get 400+ receiving yards. He never caught many passes at CU, but at the end of last season and in the playoffs, he certainly looked capable.

What I do not understand is how he can be a top 10-12 Rb and be a Bad selection in R2. If you are drafting with a bunch of real sharks, he is not going to make it to R3. Sure, getting him in later rounds was a great deal earlier, but its no longer happpening in leagues with savvy owners.SO just because he is no longer the great deal he was a few weeks back, if he plays to RB 10-12 expectations, he offers value anywhere past about 2.02.My only real complaint about this site is the reliance on ADps as real and showing value based on them.  In the drafts I am in, those ADPs are myths. If there is perceptible talent on the board, you better grab it or someone else will beat you to it.
Good point, but my question back is he that much head and shoulders above similiar options that you couldn't risk letting him slide? Based on your first post, I believe your answer will be yes. Here's an example of what I'm saying...last Sunday in a local draft of FBGs I had the option of Westbrook, Bennett, and D. Davis at 2.9 and C-pep was on the board. I went C-Pep even though I'm really big on Westbrook this year. Westbrook was taken before 3.4, but I picked up similiar value in DD. C-pep would have been gone if I had taken Westbrook and I didn't need a 3rd RB to sit on the bench in round 3.
Excellent points all. Based on your individual projections, thats a choice you'd have to make for yourself. If you don't want/need another RB in the 3rd round, than you likely help yourself in the situation you list. I have Brown at RB11 (IIRC), 14th overall, which makes him VERY valuable in my estimation.COlin
I agree with both of you. I had no desire to go RB-RB-RB (I got McAllister in R1), so even if I took Bennett and Brown slid, I did not have the RB2 I really wanted. I am in line with CD's projections for C Brown. I think the wild card may be how many receptions he gets. If he's in there all three downs with McNair, he could easily get 400+ receiving yards. He never caught many passes at CU, but at the end of last season and in the playoffs, he certainly looked capable.
my understanding is that he is a pretty good wr out of the backfield. I read where the Titans were brininging back the screen pass back to their offense for the 1st time since 99.

Winning games means nothing when it comes to production at the rb position...
Oh realllllly?I should have my newest article posted on the main site soon. I would be curious to hear your thoughts. It deals with fantasy production in relation to team wins.
I'm TOTALLY with you!!Don't know what your article is going to say, but I know I looked at last year a month or so ago and found something like: (depends on scoring and my memory)Thomlinson / Taylor / McAllister / Williams were the only top 12 backs to play for non-playoff teamsThe only playoff teams to not have a top back were Philly (RBBC perfection), Tenn (George blew), NE (A. Smith blew) and ST. L (Faulk's injury)So there is a STRONG correlation between winning and top RBs. Roughly 8/12 playoff teams had great backs.
I looked at all top 24 RBs since 1980, not just one year. There was a correlation, but using the word strong might not be a good choice of words.
Since 1980? Yikes, Shick. With that sample size, you're almost assuredly going to find a correlation, don't you think?Wouldn't effect size be a little more telling here than a correlation?

Winning games means nothing when it comes to production at the rb position...
Oh realllllly?I should have my newest article posted on the main site soon. I would be curious to hear your thoughts. It deals with fantasy production in relation to team wins.
I'm TOTALLY with you!!Don't know what your article is going to say, but I know I looked at last year a month or so ago and found something like: (depends on scoring and my memory)Thomlinson / Taylor / McAllister / Williams were the only top 12 backs to play for non-playoff teamsThe only playoff teams to not have a top back were Philly (RBBC perfection), Tenn (George blew), NE (A. Smith blew) and ST. L (Faulk's injury)So there is a STRONG correlation between winning and top RBs. Roughly 8/12 playoff teams had great backs.
I will read it.At the moment, I believe it to be a meaningless correlation like : Team A is 12-2 when RB1 gets 20 or morecarries. Then people start to think that if they hand RB1 the ball 20 times, it is an easy win. It can easily be the opposit- team a has a game easily in hand and continues to run the ball.IN 2002Priest, Ricky, LT, Alexander were 4 of the five top 5 backs and all missed the playoffs.Goods backs do well regardless of circumstance.Even without the Vermeil system, Faulk was good when Indy stunk.Eddie was good when the Titans were an 8-8 team.LT has done well all the time.Priest was great both when the Chiefs stunk and the Chiefs were good.Fred Taylor has done well in good Jag years and in bad.Travis Henry put up similar numbers in 2003 and 2003 despite radically different records.Curtis Martin has been amazingly consistent yardage-wise whether the patriots/jets were winning or losing.Dillon did well in the Cincy.Stephen Davis did well when Washington stunk.Michael Bennett's best year was when the Vikings were 6-10.This list of exceptioons (and there are many more) to your rule is so long that it makes the rule very shaky at best.So I will keep an open mind, but my feeling at the moment is this:Good teams often have a good back. That is no surprise, as good teams often have better players. However, simply being on a good team doesn't make you a good back. For the most part, you are a good back, or you are not.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is two weeks ago I could have probably gotten K. Jones in the third round and C. Brown in the fourth....now with all my drafts this weekend it sounds like I'll be lucky to get one of them in the second! :cry: I'm rooting for everyone to screw up and take Thomas Jones ahead of these guys, that only helps my chances of landing a good back later....

All I know is two weeks ago I could have probably gotten K. Jones in the third round and C. Brown in the fourth....now with all my drafts this weekend it sounds like I'll be lucky to get one of them in the second! :cry: I'm rooting for everyone to screw up and take Thomas Jones ahead of these guys, that only helps my chances of landing a good back later....
I agree that KJones and CBrown are starting to lose their "nice value" but if they go in the late 2nbd early 3rd, SOMEone is getting pushed down. Tiki, CuMar, Rudi - someone else is getting shoved down if those guys are moving up - Chad John, CPepp, TO, Holt - SOMEone is getting shoved down when others are getting moved up.Just change your definition of "nice value" to include Barber, CuMar, CJohn, TO, etc. in the third.

I agree that KJones and CBrown are starting to lose their "nice value" but if they go in the late 2nbd early 3rd, SOMEone is getting pushed down. Tiki, CuMar, Rudi - someone else is getting shoved down if those guys are moving up - Chad John, CPepp, TO, Holt - SOMEone is getting shoved down when others are getting moved up.Just change your definition of "nice value" to include Barber, CuMar, CJohn, TO, etc. in the third.
You're 100% correct, it's just that I really like both of these guys and was hoping to land them in a couple of leagues. The higher their price the less likely it is that I get them - there's just less opportunities to do so and they're at par in value at that point, that's my gripe. I can live with Curtis or Chad in the 3rd, no problem - the problem is it's more likely that the guys I really don't want (Tiki, Rudi, Holt) end up getting pushed down. But what can you do?

FYI, I just picked K. Jones up in a Antsports money league at 4.12, and Garner at 5.1. Judging from what I can see of other 12 team drafts, I haven't seen Brown fall out of he 3rd yet. I would rather have Brown, but not in the 3rd, especially if I can get value later.

I'll be one who will GLADLY take Thomas Jones over Chris Brown or Kevin Jones. Without hesitation.And at the end of the year, I'll be glad I did.

I'll be one who will GLADLY take Thomas Jones over Chris Brown or Kevin Jones. Without hesitation.And at the end of the year, I'll be glad I did.
Why? Do you get bonus points for selecting Bears? COlin

All I know is two weeks ago I could have probably gotten K. Jones in the third round and C. Brown in the fourth....now with all my drafts this weekend it sounds like I'll be lucky to get one of them in the second!  :cry: I'm rooting for everyone to screw up and take Thomas Jones ahead of these guys, that only helps my chances of landing a good back later....
Hahaha, nope.I'll be happy because I chose the most productive RB of that group.

the problem is it's more likely that the guys I really don't want (Tiki, Rudi, Holt) end up getting pushed down. But what can you do?
How could you not like Holt?
You're right, I'm exaggerating there - I really doubt Holt gets pushed into the third round, but if he did I'd have to strongly consider drafting him there. I probably would try to find a running back I liked better at that point, but you can't force it either.I think the Rams are going off the cliff this year, I really think things are looking ominous for them. Even if they didn't I doubt Holt puts up as many TDs as he did last year - I see him ending up with numbers closer to 2002 than 2003, which isn't bad, but it's not worth where he's being drafted (2nd round). So I'm "down" on Holt this year in relation to most other people it seems.

Hahaha, nope.I'll be happy because I chose the most productive RB of that group.
Unless "most likely to be a total wash out" means productive to you, I think you'll be very sad about Thomas Jones this year. Or maybe you're in a league where you can use the one good game he's ever had in five years in the NFL for his stats every week?

All I know is two weeks ago I could have probably gotten K. Jones in the third round and C. Brown in the fourth....now with all my drafts this weekend it sounds like I'll be lucky to get one of them in the second!  :cry: I'm rooting for everyone to screw up and take Thomas Jones ahead of these guys, that only helps my chances of landing a good back later....
Unless "most likely to be a total wash out" means productive to you, I think you'll be very sad about Thomas Jones this year. Or maybe you're in a league where you can use the one good game he's ever had in five years in the NFL for his stats every week?
Keep telling yourself that. I've posted my thoughts on Thomas Jones this year enough that I'm not going to do it here. Some people believe in him, some don't. I believe he's going to show everyone that he's not the same RB he was in Arizona. He started showing it last year, and everyone who has seen him this year believe it more and more and more and more....

With all the guppies wacthing Monday night football tonight, and Chris Brown playing, I hope you got your value pick out of Chris now, because a good showing from him, he'll be going second round thoughtout the final drafts...

With all the guppies wacthing Monday night football tonight, and Chris Brown playing, I hope you got your value pick out of Chris now, because a good showing from him, he'll be going second round thoughtout the final drafts...
agreed. If you draft after tonight, I doubt you'll get any value from Brown if he plays well tonight.

I took him at 3.06 to be my RB2 (Harrison fell to 2.06 in a RB happy league, and I couldn't let him slide past me there).I'll be drafting in my main money league at 7 tonight and I expect him to start climbing up some boards before that draft (side note: I actually got some surprised "whoah!'s" from people when I took him last night at 3.06 - obviously folks were surprised he went that high with Barber and CuMar still on the board - but I got not a single comment since everyojne knows I'm a shark and I don't make selections without thinking - my guess is they thought "hmmm, why wasn't he on MY radar?")

Brown is a much better pick than Barber and Martin in my opinion. I don't know why there's so much love for Martin. He didn't seem to be much of a help to any of the teams that had him in my leagues last year. As for Barber, there are just too many red flags there. I know it's preseason, but Dayne does look like somewhat of a threat. Also, that offense has the potential to be pretty bad. I'm not a believer in Warner and Eli will likely struggle quite a bit if he becomes the starter. Brown may be overrated, but at least with him you know he's the best back on his team and that his offense is probably going to score some points. He also figures to get quite a few red zone looks even if his yardage is not great. The bottom line is he has a much better chance of carrying your team than either Barber or Martin and is basically no more risky than either of the veteran backs.

I took him at 3.06 to be my RB2 (Harrison fell to 2.06 in a RB happy league, and I couldn't let him slide past me there).I'll be drafting in my main money league at 7 tonight and I expect him to start climbing up some boards before that draft (side note: I actually got some surprised "whoah!'s" from people when I took him last night at 3.06 - obviously folks were surprised he went that high with Barber and CuMar still on the board - but I got not a single comment since everyojne knows I'm a shark and I don't make selections without thinking - my guess is they thought "hmmm, why wasn't he on MY radar?")
similar story here. I drafted out of the 2 hole.1. LT2. Harrison3. C BrownI am loving life. :yes:

My 3 keeper league, he went 1st round 2nd pick. Needless to say i had the third pick. : :rant: Getting Kevin Jones is some solace, but Jones is all potential and Brown is Now.

I don't know why there's so much love for Martin. He didn't seem to be much of a help to any of the teams that had him in my leagues last year.
:hijack alert:The reason there SHOULD be love for CuMar is that he doesn't miss games and he is the primary receiving option, which mean he is a virtual lock for 1500 rushing yards. With Pennie in there last year he was significantly more effective. 16 games from Pennie = an up year for Cumar.:hijack off:I would expect CuMar's TD numbers and receiving numbers to continue to remain low, but I place Barber, Martin and Brown on about the same level of FF Productivity - I just see Martin on his way down the ladder while Brown is passing him on the way up - also, unless you are in a pt/rec league, Barber's rushing numbers and TD totals are likely to stay lower this year than Brown's numbers, and his upside is severely limited by his team while brown's upside is much higher - esp. in red zone production if he is able to do what Eddie was NOT able to do - pound it into the endzone from inside the 5.

Just a heads up - finished 3 drafts this weekend. Chris Brown went in the early 3rd round twice and went in the mid 2nd round once. He aint sleepin no more.

Just a heads up - finished 3 drafts this weekend. Chris Brown went in the early 3rd round twice and went in the mid 2nd round once. He aint sleepin no more.
I agree. I have a draft later this week in a 12-team league where 19 RB's are usually gone after two rounds. If Brown looks good tonight, there's no way he gets out of the 2nd round.

I agree. I have a draft later this week in a 12-team league where 19 RB's are usually gone after two rounds. If Brown looks good tonight, there's no way he gets out of the 2nd round.
:wall: As league commissioner, I schedule the draft dates. We'll be drafting our teams on Wednesday. My timing could've been a little better...

I like C.Brown and have him on probably 4 of my 8 teams but I doubt he will look very good tonight against the Dallas 1st string D. Im hoping Brown doesnt play much at all either. :(

...Thomas Jones looks like what that machine from "Weird Science" would come up with if you told it to create the perfect running back.
WOW!"Thomas Jones" and "perfect running back" used in the same sentence?Are you kidding me?!Where's Unlucky!He has GOT to see this! :eek:

...Thomas Jones looks like what that machine from "Weird Science" would come up with if you told it to create the perfect running back.
WOW!"Thomas Jones" and "perfect running back" used in the same sentence?Are you kidding me?!Where's Unlucky!He has GOT to see this! :eek:
I believe he is referring to his physical appearance and measurables, not production. TJ may not have done much on the field, but he more or less looks like a Greek god done in ebony.

Just a heads up - finished 3 drafts this weekend.  Chris Brown went in the early 3rd round twice and went in the mid 2nd round once.  He aint sleepin no more.
I like C.Brown and have him on probably 4 of my 8 teams but I doubt he will look very good tonight against the Dallas 1st string D. Im hoping Brown doesnt play much at all either. :(
I remember reading that the Titans were gonna give Brown more carries than in previous games to get a better look at him. They felt he was just warming up the last preseason game after he had several carries under his belt.

They felt he was just warming up the last preseason game after he had several carries under his belt.
That would comply with how he ran at CU - keep giving him the ball because around carry 10 or 12 he starts to get into a groove with the OL.

About two weeks ago I took Brown and Kevin Jones at the turn with picks 2.12 and 3.01. They were the 19th and 20th RB's off the board. Westbrook, Barber, T. Jones, Staley and Dunn were all gone before the 3rd round ended.

They felt he was just warming up the last preseason game after he had several carries under his belt.
That would comply with how he ran at CU - keep giving him the ball because around carry 10 or 12 he starts to get into a groove with the OL.
The numbers from last game bear that out. He had 10 carries for game on his 1st 5 he averaged 4.2 YPC (-1,3,8,4,7) and on his next 5 carries he averaged 8 YPC (12,4,5,10,9). Pretty good numbers against a stingy buff. run defense.

I finished a draft last week where Brown went 15th pick. It's a standard type scoring league that favors RBs. Draft went like this: 1 Holmes, Priest 2 Tomlinson, LaDain 3 Green, Ahman 4 McAllister, Deuce 5 Portis, Clinton 6 Alexander, Shaun 7 Moss, Randy 8 James, Edgerrin 9 Taylor, Fred 10 Barlow, Kevan 11 Faulk, Marshall 12 Lewis, Jamal Round: 2 13 Harrison, Marvin 14 Johnson, Rudi 15 Brown, Chris 16 Westbrook, Brian 17 Dillon, Corey 18 Davis, Domanick 19 Culpepper, Daunte 20 Manning, Peyton 21 Davis, Stephen 22 Holt, Torry 23 Owens, Terrell 24 Bennett, Michael I was the guy who took Brown at 15. I really didn't want to, but truthfully, I think he will produce high end RB #2 numbers. Even the new FBG projections have him within a handful of points of being a #1 RB, that's with them seriously lowballing him on receiving yardage (like A. Smith is going to come in on 3rd & long & steal receiving yards). I have complete faith that he will be an every down back, also that he will get the goal line carries. Those that have seen A.Smith play in the preseason can't view him as any type of threat to steal playing time from Brown. In a 1 pt per reception league I would have gone Davis, Westbrook or Holt, but as a basic scoring system Brown is just over them. Brown is a full time back, plays on a top 10 type offense & imo isn't really an injury risk (again imo). I find more questions with Westbrook, Dillon, S. Davis & D. Davis than with Brown. I just didn't want to take a chance that Brown would make it back to me in the late 3rd round. I will admit, it felt really odd taking him that high.

I have to post that I was wrong about Brown. I wanted to see him 1 more time before I posted. I had thought he wasn't very impressive in the past and that the Titan's were not that good of a rushing team. Well I was wrong. I am very impressed with Brown. He has looked very solid and down right impressive.

OK, time for me to eat some crow. I guy in my early draft took Brown mid rounds (about 6-7th), and I thought he was nuts. After watching that busted play turn into a rumbling 18 yrd run including a massive stiff arm....*eats crow*That being said. I took this guy 3.07 in my recent draft. I couldn't be happier. This guy is legitimately (sp?) talented. Wow!

By next week, this guy might be going in the 1st round. He's catching passes too.How many all-purpose, every-down Rb's are there that play for play-off contending teams?

By next week he will be getting more love than Barlow. I do think Brown will have a better year then Barlow. Alot of unanswered questions in SF, in regards to o-line, qb, WR. Brown is walking into a perfect situation, good o-line, great QB & WR's. I would not be surprised to see him out perform guys like Barlow, T. Jones, Bennett, and finish in the top ten.

By next week he will be getting more love than Barlow. I do think Brown will have a better year then Barlow. Alot of unanswered questions in SF, in regards to o-line, qb, WR. Brown is walking into a perfect situation, good o-line, great QB & WR's. I would not be surprised to see him out perform guys like Barlow, T. Jones, Bennett, and finish in the top ten.
This should be called the Chris Brown is highly overrated post. He was value for you guys 3 months ago not now.

This should be called the Chris Brown is highly overrated post. He was value for you guys 3 months ago not now.
:thumbup: I am Starting to worry about his Vaule too. The why he been hype and Barlow been getting Kicked around. Barlow might be the Vaule. I been hearing about barlow going in 3rd in 10-man and late in 2nd in 12 man. Just over the last weekend after going 12th or so for the 1st month.

By next week, after he gains 12 yards off a beautiful screen pass in practice, he should go top three overall, before A. Green and D. McAllister. Then he will write a best-selling novel and reach #1 on Billboard's Top 100 by September 9th kickoff.

I missed out on the 1st 3 picks of my draft and the others picked for me (did fairly well- Portis/Hasselbeck/Dillon). I was SHOCKED when I heard Brown made it to 5.8. I made a deal right then and there for Dillon for Brown and the guy thought I was nuts. Unfortunately, the commish said the deal had to go through the normal process after rosters were put in and the voting process occurred on the site (even though all members were present at the draft).I submitted the trade this morning, but now the guy is dead silent. I bet he watched MNF tonight and realizes he got a steal. Dillon and Brown might do similar numbers, but I think Brown has much more upside because:1) Outside of the NE defense as a team and Tom Brady, there are no reliable fantasy performers on that offense- Belichick just goes with whatever works.2) Kevin Faulk is traditionally the third down back and the passing option.3) McNair has had to play wounded ever since George lost his 2001 form. Now they have a back who can make plays out of nothing and get a decent ypc. McNair doesn't HAVE to do it all anymore. Solid RB game, solid WR trio, solid kicker, AND a healthy McNair= success in the postseason. I don't think he'll take the risk of running as often anymore given the alternative.4) Brown isn't as much a rookie as people think. Remember folks, this guy took on Baltimore in the PLAYOFFS last year as his trial by fire. He can handle the pressure.5) Both Dillon and Brown have questionable health records, but Brown is younger and seems to be in better form continuing with an O-line and coaching staff he's grown with from the start.C Brown as your RB1 still may be a stretch, but you could do FAR worse at RB2. Why take Tiki Bumble in a struggling Giants offense or Westbrook (who was someone's keeper no less) in a RBBC even without Buckhalter or C-Mart in an offense that is predicted to go more vertical this year when you can get a guy with this much upside?

I missed out on the 1st 3 picks of my draft and the others picked for me (did fairly well- Portis/Hasselbeck/Dillon). I was SHOCKED when I heard Brown made it to 5.8. I made a deal right then and there for Dillon for Brown and the guy thought I was nuts. Unfortunately, the commish said the deal had to go through the normal process after rosters were put in and the voting process occurred on the site (even though all members were present at the draft).I submitted the trade this morning, but now the guy is dead silent. I bet he watched MNF tonight and realizes he got a steal. Dillon and Brown might do similar numbers, but I think Brown has much more upside because:1) Outside of the NE defense as a team and Tom Brady, there are no reliable fantasy performers on that offense- Belichick just goes with whatever works.2) Kevin Faulk is traditionally the third down back and the passing option.3) McNair has had to play wounded ever since George lost his 2001 form. Now they have a back who can make plays out of nothing and get a decent ypc. McNair doesn't HAVE to do it all anymore. Solid RB game, solid WR trio, solid kicker, AND a healthy McNair= success in the postseason. I don't think he'll take the risk of running as often anymore given the alternative.4) Brown isn't as much a rookie as people think. Remember folks, this guy took on Baltimore in the PLAYOFFS last year as his trial by fire. He can handle the pressure.5) Both Dillon and Brown have questionable health records, but Brown is younger and seems to be in better form continuing with an O-line and coaching staff he's grown with from the start.C Brown as your RB1 still may be a stretch, but you could do FAR worse at RB2. Why take Tiki Bumble in a struggling Giants offense or Westbrook (who was someone's keeper no less) in a RBBC even without Buckhalter or C-Mart in an offense that is predicted to go more vertical this year when you can get a guy with this much upside?
I think you made a bad move as far as Dillon is concerned. I agree with you to the extent that he is better then Westbrook, Tiki and RB's in that tier/range but to take him over Dillon, THenry, Barlow, DDavis and any other back like that is not smart.

I kept Brown as one of my 8 keepers in a dynasty league... had many trade offers for him and Thomas Jones.. ended up moving Jones for Price and decided NOT to part with Brown

I think you made a bad move as far as Dillon is concerned. I agree with you to the extent that he is better then Westbrook, Tiki and RB's in that tier/range but to take him over Dillon, THenry, Barlow, DDavis and any other back like that is not smart.
I'm sorry, but even with a guy like Dillon in the backfield, I just don't see Belichick getting away from his 'any guy, any time' philosophy. It's worked for two championships, so why is he going to go to a workhorse back mentality now? He's found that short passes/passes in the backfield control the clock just as well.Dillon just doesn't sit well with me in this style of offense. He got sick of the 'take one for the team' mentality in Cincy so he might feel better about it with the shot at a ring this time, but I wonder if his head's in it.

People talk about Brown being overhyped but the same can be said for Barlow. What has he ever done beside playing 2nd fiddle to Hearst for 2-3 years. He has no QB, no name WR corp, avg line yet it's crazy to take Brown before him? I don't really get it. Barlow is a good talent but is not in a great situation, Brown is. Barlow does not have LT type talent where he can carry an offense, if he did he would have been starting the last 3 years. Brown would have had 2 td's in the 1st half today vs the #1 Dallas def if he played the entire 2nd qtr. The Titans can move the ball and will get a ton of opportunities inside the 20. He may not have quite the talent of Barlow but he has a much much better opportunity.

I'm sorry, but even with a guy like Dillon in the backfield, I just don't see Belichick getting away from his 'any guy, any time' philosophy. It's worked for two championships, so why is he going to go to a workhorse back mentality now? He's found that short passes/passes in the backfield control the clock just as well.Dillon just doesn't sit well with me in this style of offense. He got sick of the 'take one for the team' mentality in Cincy so he might feel better about it with the shot at a ring this time, but I wonder if his head's in it.
Here's the deal with Dillon: None of us have a clue until the regular season starts. We will know within a week or two whether Dillon is going to finally live up to his potential or turn out as a mediocre disaster for those of us who took him early.

Users who are viewing this thread