What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HOU @ DEN thread (1 Viewer)

2-16-HOU 18 (12:49) D.Davis up the middle to HST 38 for 20 yards (M.Pope).that run was AWESOME
It's so obvious you are a D. Davis owner. Nothing but praise for D. Davis from you and Tony Hollings looks like crap, right?

Man, what is going on with the Denver D? Baily's on A. Davis right? Guess that's why we haven't heard from him.

2-16-HOU 18 (12:49) D.Davis up the middle to HST 38 for 20 yards (M.Pope).

that run was AWESOME
It's so obvious you are a D. Davis owner. Nothing but praise for D. Davis from you and Tony Hollings looks like crap, right?
Davis is dominant tonight. He looks a lot better than any RB DEN has faced so far by a bunchDisclaimer - I don't own Davis in any of the leagues I play in, but I wish I did after seeing him so far. If tonight is an indicator, he is the real deal & then some.

Last edited by a moderator:
2-16-HOU 18 (12:49) D.Davis up the middle to HST 38 for 20 yards (M.Pope).that run was AWESOME
don't own him anywhere. if you could point me to the league where i do...i'd appreciate itthx

hey guys...no fighting in Pony's Bell thread, please.

Rod Smith being too old is way overdone. The guy put up 1600 yards some years back. He's still got juice left in the tank. And its good that Plummer is hooking up with rod now.
yeah...my thinking exactly. i was hoping he just got lost in the shuffle last year with sharpe and portis cashing in. if anyone who has watched rod smith this preseason can chime in with their observations on his play/role with the offense, please do.

DEN on O, time for some hatin';)DEN runs a beautiful nekkid boot. plummer probably should have run.Watts with GIANT play! Great adjustment on underthrown ball, then 10-15 yds YAC. Nice.

I know that Derick Armstrong is better than Jabar Gaffney... is David Carr realizing this now too?D.A. is gunna make his way up that depth chart the next few years.

Man, what is going on with the Denver D? Baily's on A. Davis right? Guess that's why we haven't heard from him.
A. Johnson? I was under the impression he wasn't playing tonight. Anyone confirm that?

hey guys...no fighting in Pony's Bell thread, please.
I wish I had this game... I know AJ is out, and hear that DD looks good, what else should I know about this game?

Man nice to see some passing going on in Denver. Having Watts in is definately a good thing. And for Rod smith too.

Plummer easy TD on nekkiid boot left.14-14Scratch that. Blown snap on EP, incomplete pass. 14-13 HOU.Fun game to watch - lots of big plays so far.

W Middlebrooks with a big stick on Hollings on flare. Hollings for nothing on next play through 4 hole.Carr audibling like a seasoned vet. HOU - you have an offense.No first down on the checkdown outside.

Plummer with bad throw on 1st down with lots of time. Putzier broke up an easy INT.Griffin 5 yds on run to 7 hole. Lelie can't block worth a damn. INC on 3rd. Here's another punt

Rod Smith being too old is way overdone. The guy put up 1600 yards some years back. He's still got juice left in the tank. And its good that Plummer is hooking up with rod now.
yeah...my thinking exactly. i was hoping he just got lost in the shuffle last year with sharpe and portis cashing in. if anyone who has watched rod smith this preseason can chime in with their observations on his play/role with the offense, please do.
I'd like to 2nd this ... Rod Smith looks to be seriously undervalued this year. Anyone who see this game can comment on how he looks? Still some spring in those legs?

Griffin with nice run on a quick hitter up the middle.Man, this is going to be a shoot out
Someone must be impersonating Pony. He forgot to dog Q! :P
nah, Pony's cool...he's a Griff hater, but he's coming around.We've got to ease him back from Bell-hell. C'mon, Pony...it's OK. We're your friends. :thumbup:

Hollings for -1 to the right. Davis is easily the best RB on HOU, or on the field tonight.Hollings nice run right, gave a nice limp leg for an extra 3 yds at the end of the run.

Wow. Carr throwing a missile into triple coverage. Armstrong with nice YAC with lots of D around him

Plummer with bad throw on 1st down with lots of time. Putzier broke up an easy INT.Griffin 5 yds on run to 7 hole. Lelie can't block worth a damn. INC on 3rd. Here's another punt
Pony, what's your take on Watts? Will he supplant Lelie? Is Lelie that bad?

Plummer throws a terrible pass - INT right in between 2 receivers 10 yds apart. Stupid.Can we have Carr, please?

Trevor Pryce looks like an animal tonight. DEN in trouble after INT, Pryce saves them with a sack.Pryce with lots more pressure on 3rd & 15, ruined HOU's chance to cash in the TO.

Griffin with long garbage run at end of half.Great game, looks like a regular season game. Some huge plays, D stepping up when needed on both sides.

Is Watts only playing the slot? Or has he been in on 2WR sets? I gotta get a good feel for who is going to be #2 there for my drafts tomorrow.anyone?

Is Watts only playing the slot? Or has he been in on 2WR sets? I gotta get a good feel for who is going to be #2 there for my drafts tomorrow.anyone?
Watts looks like the #2 WR, but you wonder how limited he'll be with Plummer at QB.

First Half thoughts:Houston looks improved greatly. Carr has some confidence and seems to really understand this offense. Bump up in my book.Davis had spring in his step and broke tackle after tackle. He looks good and is deserving of his ranking IMO. He also had a nice reception from Carr that he had some good YAC. Hollings just had the one big run and that will distort his stats--his other runs were nothing to talk about.Houston WR's are a mixed bag--I wonder if one will be dominate or if this will be a WRBC type situation with, like I said, Carr being really confident and running through his progressions.To Denver (I'll try not to be too much of a homer)Plummer looks better. Tonight so far is kind of a mini-movie of his career. Spectacular plays and then plays you wonder what he was doing--including a terrible decision on the INT. I hope during the year he tucks it away and runsmore--I am guessing he is not doing it because he does not want risk injury.Again a Colorado Native, but I would not want him as my QB1Griffin is okay, but I think Shanny is not using him right. He is not a goal line back. I would like to him get more pitches so he can get outside and use his speed. Running him in the pile is stupid and not productive. I look forward to seeing Bell in the 2nd half.Smith (old man) is getting it done. You can see he has a relationship with Jake and I see another good year from him if he can stay healthy. He takes alot of hits trying to correct for balls. I have seen him go late in drafts and is a steal.Leile was a non-factor again--they need to find a way to get him in the game. WR screen or end a round anything to get him involved.Watts--WOW!! Very good 1st half. He looks great but, due to his injuries in the past, he seems to shy from contact, so I wonder if he is a good over the middle WR.I still like Denver's defense and have taken them as my primary Defense in 2 drafts but that is just the homer in me.The missed XP was Micah's fault and not Elam's.Sorry for the length. Hope this helps somebody....

Is it me or does Plummer take an incredibly deep drop into the pocket. I can't remember if this is typical for Shanahan offenses or it's Jake.

Is it me or does Plummer take an incredibly deep drop into the pocket. I can't remember if this is typical for Shanahan offenses or it's Jake.
I just think they were using the deep route package alot, so thus the big drop backs....

First Half thoughts:Houston looks improved greatly. Carr has some confidence and seems to really understand this offense. Bump up in my book.Davis had spring in his step and broke tackle after tackle. He looks good and is deserving of his ranking IMO. He also had a nice reception from Carr that he had some good YAC. Hollings just had the one big run and that will distort his stats--his other runs were nothing to talk about.Houston WR's are a mixed bag--I wonder if one will be dominate or if this will be a WRBC type situation with, like I said, Carr being really confident and running through his progressions.To Denver (I'll try not to be too much of a homer)Plummer looks better. Tonight so far is kind of a mini-movie of his career. Spectacular plays and then plays you wonder what he was doing--including a terrible decision on the INT. I hope during the year he tucks it away and runsmore--I am guessing he is not doing it because he does not want risk injury.Again a Colorado Native, but I would not want him as my QB1Griffin is okay, but I think Shanny is not using him right. He is not a goal line back. I would like to him get more pitches so he can get outside and use his speed. Running him in the pile is stupid and not productive. I look forward to seeing Bell in the 2nd half.Smith (old man) is getting it done. You can see he has a relationship with Jake and I see another good year from him if he can stay healthy. He takes alot of hits trying to correct for balls. I have seen him go late in drafts and is a steal.Leile was a non-factor again--they need to find a way to get him in the game. WR screen or end a round anything to get him involved.Watts--WOW!! Very good 1st half. He looks great but, due to his injuries in the past, he seems to shy from contact, so I wonder if he is a good over the middle WR.I still like Denver's defense and have taken them as my primary Defense in 2 drafts but that is just the homer in me.The missed XP was Micah's fault and not Elam's.Sorry for the length. Hope this helps somebody....
:goodposting:

Mike Anderson running the FB in 2nd half. 5 ypc in 2 carries.Anderson getting lots of carries early. This sure looks like an audition to me after last week's 21 carries.

Users who are viewing this thread