What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cowboy/Titan Game THread (1 Viewer)

It looked to me, like J. Jones was tackled a few plays before he went off-- landed on the football kinda funny. Probably ribs or something to that effect. He stayed in and rushed one more time, then while pass protecting went down probably due to his having to raise his arms to block the pass rusher-- straining the rib area again. Could be cartilage ala Henry from 2003 or could just be bruised ribs. We'll see..... :eek:

Chris Brown seems like a very humble guy. Good interview.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I've been away from the shark pool for a while. I caught a couple of references in other threads about the love affair with Brown. But this is ridiculous! :rotflmao:
What's ridiculous about that? Would you have rather him sounded like Keyshawn Johnson?
I've just been reading this whole thread. There are definitely a few Titan homers around here. Nothing wrong with that. But dude, I think you're in love.
I am a titans fan, but I don't make homer picks in FF. Chris Brown is the 1st titans player I have been convinced with in FF.

Yeah, Eric Dickerson ran upright like that and he was just no good, either.
Stop that ####. Every time someone posts about Dickerson I want to roll up a newspaper and hit them with it. Dickerson was blazing fast and could get away with it. Chris Brown won't.
The point of comparisons to Eric Dickerson is to say that though a RB may be tall and run upright, there are things he can do to overcome that and still be successful. No one is saying that Chris Brown is the next Eric Dickerson, or that he should be drafted as such. Rather, we are saying that like Eric Dickerson, Chris Brown runs tall, and like Eric Dickerson, Brown has his own attributes that prevent that from holding him back, and that his on-field performance has demonstrated that.If you don't believe me, ask Roy Williams. Or the defenses he faced in the playoffs last year.Or LhUCKs. Oh, how Chris Brown is a disappointment at 6.04. :boxing: Chris Brown, my friends, is a solid RB2. But you are killing his value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Brown seems like a very humble guy.  Good interview.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I've been away from the shark pool for a while. I caught a couple of references in other threads about the love affair with Brown. But this is ridiculous! :rotflmao:
What's ridiculous about that? Would you have rather him sounded like Keyshawn Johnson?
I've just been reading this whole thread. There are definitely a few Titan homers around here. Nothing wrong with that. But dude, I think you're in love.
I am a titans fan, but I don't make homer picks in FF. Chris Brown is the 1st titans player I have been convinced with in FF.
Well there's nothing wrong with being convinced a home player will be a FF stud. I like the Titans as well. Having McNair last season made me watch. So I hope he does well. But it just seems like some people here are WAY over the top.

64 Members: SOmojo, malice, BINGBING, rustycolts, StuckWithTheSkins, tietzjd, Ninersfan, Brant, jbz, Jason Wood, rranly, Chumpson, cbuc, Grinning Lizard, urbanhack, Night Hawks, spaml0af, smot^poker, mrharrier, camperguy01, ConstruxBoy, sos32, Strummer, dj_nrg, Professor, dellapu, TeddyKGB, Da Moose, Just Win Baby, roncd, shady salesman, tuffnutt, kaso, Boulder, texasheat, apalmer, creeps1313, Northern Voice, Swanny, fosio, Tarlyn, Brewdude, andyk, JohnnyTitan, Skylord, regseasonchamps, Jackal, Jayhawk, Tremendous Upside, thicks, psu1993, babydemon90, jburns, Sinrman, hbkhbk, Groundpounder, mojorizin, dirtyvicars, dickey moe, IndyHavoc, Qballer, cjack, bsm123, Green and GoldInterest is dropping. ;)

64 Members: SOmojo, malice, BINGBING, rustycolts, StuckWithTheSkins, tietzjd, Ninersfan, Brant, jbz, Jason Wood, rranly, Chumpson, cbuc, Grinning Lizard, urbanhack, Night Hawks, spaml0af, smot^poker, mrharrier, camperguy01, ConstruxBoy, sos32, Strummer, dj_nrg, Professor, dellapu, TeddyKGB, Da Moose, Just Win Baby, roncd, shady salesman, tuffnutt, kaso, Boulder, texasheat, apalmer, creeps1313, Northern Voice, Swanny, fosio, Tarlyn, Brewdude, andyk, JohnnyTitan, Skylord, regseasonchamps, Jackal, Jayhawk, Tremendous Upside, thicks, psu1993, babydemon90, jburns, Sinrman, hbkhbk, Groundpounder, mojorizin, dirtyvicars, dickey moe, IndyHavoc, Qballer, cjack, bsm123, Green and GoldInterest is dropping. ;)
Gee, and I thought Rashard Lee and Tony Romo would keep everyone interested.

Chris Brown seems like a very humble guy. Good interview.
Well there's nothing wrong with being convinced a home player will be a FF stud. I like the Titans as well. Having McNair last season made me watch. So I hope he does well. But it just seems like some people here are WAY over the top.
I think it you are hearing more from the bandwagon guys that have jumped on his nuts more than you are the guys that have been convinced of his talents since last season. I'm one of the few talking smack that I knew he was a stud all along, but even I will say that drafting him in the late 2nd/early 3rd is a bit of a reach.

Let's not forget that the Dallas run D is pretty good when evaluating C. Brown. I didn't see much of the game, but I wouldn't have expected him to "Go off" tonight. Just to get in the endzone and get some yardage is a productive night for a RB agains the Boys. My $.02.

4:00 left in the 3rd Q:136 User(s) are reading this topic (48 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)86 Members: TitanBlitz, moe4ya, tietzjd, bentley, comfortably numb, crazygutgut, LivingTheDream, Bojang0301, cstruk, Da Moose, brednbuddah, Ghoti, Rounders, onionsack, ScoobyDoo, Red Hot Tamales, Moss1116, hd_Fatboy, Al Davis, BGP, noneother, jbz, dloew, Demian, urbanhack, BINGBING, Cringe, CalBear, Boulder, WFDEMONDEACS, [icon], SOmojo, Green and Gold, TeddyKGB, psu1993, dozer, ConstruxBoy, Sagan, jasvic, FunkyPlutos, neal cassady, mulliganm, gdub, JohnnyTitan, BoneYardDog, thicks, Firekaps, shady salesman, Tremendous Upside, Billy1x, masterblaster, bueno, Swanny, Anarky, kevinallen, my man otis, djjosee, Frodo, Qballer, cheesedoodle, Jayhawk, hbkhbk, BigBetz, dirtyvicars, Master Shake, the Kid, Genester, Professor, cprovo, stubby, NJ, Department 400, Brewdude, LuckyOne, Breed, mad sweeney, Shooter McGavin, Weapon of Mass Instruction, Hellfire Snail, GregStarling, soonerspace, ditkaburgers, SpecOpLoad, J-LEW, maccabees, TheLaw
Thanks for this useless post. I think the mod's should delete these everytime.

4:00 left in the 3rd Q:136 User(s) are reading this topic (48 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)86 Members: TitanBlitz, moe4ya, tietzjd, bentley, comfortably numb, crazygutgut, LivingTheDream, Bojang0301, cstruk, Da Moose, brednbuddah, Ghoti, Rounders, onionsack, ScoobyDoo, Red Hot Tamales, Moss1116, hd_Fatboy, Al Davis, BGP, noneother, jbz, dloew, Demian, urbanhack, BINGBING, Cringe, CalBear, Boulder, WFDEMONDEACS, [icon], SOmojo, Green and Gold, TeddyKGB, psu1993, dozer, ConstruxBoy, Sagan, jasvic, FunkyPlutos, neal cassady, mulliganm, gdub, JohnnyTitan, BoneYardDog, thicks, Firekaps, shady salesman, Tremendous Upside, Billy1x, masterblaster, bueno, Swanny, Anarky, kevinallen, my man otis, djjosee, Frodo, Qballer, cheesedoodle, Jayhawk, hbkhbk, BigBetz, dirtyvicars, Master Shake, the Kid, Genester, Professor, cprovo, stubby, NJ, Department 400, Brewdude, LuckyOne, Breed, mad sweeney, Shooter McGavin, Weapon of Mass Instruction, Hellfire Snail, GregStarling, soonerspace, ditkaburgers, SpecOpLoad, J-LEW, maccabees, TheLaw
I think the mod's should delete these everytime.
Kinda like your membership to this board...It earmarks the interest in this thread. Which at one point in time during the game was pretty high. :hot:

Surprised there is no talk about Henson for all of us Dynasty/Keeper owners. He looked solid. Vinny is the QB for this year, assuming he stays heathy :no: He gets PT as soon as Dallas/Vinny struggles.Henson could make a great steal in the late, late rounds. Anyone else notice him :thumbup:

Kinda like your membership to this board...It earmarks the interest in this thread. Which at one point in time during the game was pretty high. :hot:
Do we really need to earmark interest? Either your interested or you aren't. I don't need your commentary on the obvious. If I want to gauge interest I can look for myself. Your post is redundant. I can plainly see who is reading the thread without you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised there is no talk about Henson for all of us Dynasty/Keeper owners. He looked solid. Vinny is the QB for this year, assuming he stays heathy :no: He gets PT as soon as Dallas/Vinny struggles.Henson could make a great steal in the late, late rounds. Anyone else notice him :thumbup:
definately noticed him. At this point he is showing why he very well could have been the #1 pick, ahead of Carr, but at the same time, he is still showing some rust as a result of a lack of playing time. he will be a very solid QB for Dallas either toward the end of this season, or at the latest, next season. Watch the next few days, and you will see how good he actually is. If Parcells doesnt bring in another QB between now and next Monday, it will be obvious that he is comfortable with the risk of going into the season with Henson potentially being the starter. And if Big Bill is comfortable with it, so am I.

Do we really need to earmark interest? Either your interested or you aren't. I don't need your commentary on the obvious. If I want to gauge interest I can look for myself. Your post is redundant. I can plainly see who is reading the thread without you.
Listen Bucky, I'm pulling rank on you here: I'm 7888 and you are 9152. That means I am right. :boxing: :D

I haven't had a chance to see the Cowboys this preseason, but I understand now where JB was asying he expects JJ to beat EG out for the starting RB job by week 3. JJ looks fast, made some nice moves, and can catch the ball. Only thing is I didn't see him picking up any blitzes - doesn't mean he can't, I just never saw any opportunies for him to do so. The fans seem already enamored with JJ - they loved his hustle.EG is so woeful at running anymore that I don't think there's any way he can win this job.

Users who are viewing this thread