What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Concerts thread - FBG's lovin' live music, we're back in action! (2 Viewers)

PSA- don’t let your wife purchase concert tix after you’ve both been drinking for hours.

We now have Hootie and the Blowfish tix for July.

On the plus side, Collective Soul will be there also… 😃
I hope Hootie is better than the last tour. I’m a huge Darius fan. But this show felt like a charity gig from him for the other guys in the band. Wasn’t very good

PSA- don’t let your wife purchase concert tix after you’ve both been drinking for hours.

We now have Hootie and the Blowfish tix for July.

On the plus side, Collective Soul will be there also… 😃
Yep - also have a couple Hootie tickets. For $25 not a lot to lose.
Well….its an hour and a half drive and a hotel room for us so….lol

Nah, I’m actually looking forward to it it should be fun

Dropped my daughter and her friend off at Railbird. Told them to PM @shuke if they had any issues.

Unfortunately I don’t think he will be there until tomorrow

Correct, we only went Sunday. Wife and I limited it to one day, two would have been too much for her with some ongoing medical issues.

Day was a lot of fun. Some heavy rainfall a few times, but we made the best of it. We saw Brent Cobb, Infamous Stringdusters, Allison Russell, Johnnyswim, Lord Huron, Hozier, and some of Chris Stapleton. We were pretty far back from Stapleton and the sound wasn't that great, so we decided to beat everyone out of there.

Last edited:
Upcoming:

6/09 - Jason Isbell
6/11 - Mdou Moctar
8/30 - Band of Horses
9/12 - MMJ and Nate Rateliff
10/01 - Violent Femmes
10/04 - Shovels & Rope

Saw Pixies last week. They were great.
I saw Isbell about a month or so ago (finally) and it was a great show. I wish him and Amanda were still together, but his bank is tight and he sounds great live.

Have tickets for:
7/9/24 Band of Horses
7/25/24 Foo Fighters
8/2/24 Phish
8/3/24 Phish
8/4/24 Phish
8/22/24 Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins

Also considering, some more heavily than others:
6/7/24 Maggie Rogers
6/23/24 Kurt Vile
6/29/24 Yonder Mountain String Band
7/19/24 moe
8/16/24 Trampled By Turtles
8/25/24 King Gizzard
8/27/24 Built To Spill
8/30/24 Cage the Elephant, Young the Giant
9/7/24 Jason Isbell
9/13/24 ELO
9/20/24 Vampire Weekend
10/6/24 Briston Maroney
11/3/24 Drive By Truckers
11/13/24 Kacey Musgraves, Lord Huron, Nickel Creek

Just added Chameleons show in late October. Very happy to see them headline.

Shows I have remaining this year assuming I don’t relocate:

6/20 - Clan of Xymox

8/29 - Crowded House (St. Augustine)

9/1 - Peter Hook and the Light (DC)

9/6 - Front 242

9/11 - Paul Weller (DC)

10/3 - Johnny Marr/James (Atlanta)

10/20 - OMD

10/27 - Chameleons

11/15 - Ocean Blue (Self-Titled)

11/16 - Ocean Blue (Cerulean)

6/7/24 Maggie Rogers
9/7/24 Jason Isbell
Heading to Bonnaroo next week with @Steve Tasker and @UniAlias, will very likely see Isbell but some of my toughest decisions involve Maggie Rogers and Cage the Elephant.

Maggie Rogers is on at the same time as Interpol. I love Interpol but I've seen them 3x and never seen Rogers. Plus I like more songs from the past decade by Rogers, so I'm leaning her way.

Cage the Elephant is the reverse - I've seen them and loved them but they're the same time as the emo Superjam which is a one time only thing and has some pretty big names, so I'll likely see it.

List of shows I may/will see in rough order of priority (if anyone has strong recs here let me know) - I'll probably see 4-6 a day in the end, lots of other stuff going on all the time:

Thursday:
Nation of Language - my #1 for the day, one of my faves of the weekend
Militarie Gun - love them as well and there's not a ton of harder rock on the lineup
Geese - they play a 2 AM show in the campsite that sounds awesome
Happy Landing
Michigander
Pretty Lights - not really my thing but feel like I should check it out
Eggy? - also a campsite show, so sounds fun
Neal Francis - if I'm not feeling the Pretty Lights

Friday: (probably weakest day for me)
Maggie Rogers or Interpol - I hate that they're at the same time, leaning Maggie
Post Malone - headliner, no one else on, he's fine
The Mars Volta - unless I'm hammered (I will be) and want to see T-Pain instead (I might)
The Japanese House
Khruangbin - I know people love them, haven't gotten fully into it. May skip them and go all-in and get in the pit for Maggie
Lizzy McAlpine? - new album is kind of slow, will see how I feel
Faye Webster? - same as Lizzy
T-Pain? (same time as Mars Volta)
GROUPLOVE? (same time as Faye Webster)
Mdou Moctar?

Saturday:
IDLES (missing Parcels and Melanie Martinez to see them, which sucks)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - never seen them, want to hear "Otherside" not on most of their setlists
Emo Superjam or Cage the Elephant - the lineup for Superjam will win me over
Brittany Howard - heard she's so good live
Half Moon Run - Canadian Content
The Maine?
Ethel Cain?
Sean Paul? - Get Busy?
Gregory Alan Isakov? - will depend on the vibe but probably too slow for 7:45, Saturday night, that's like peak of the festival time
Josiah & the Bonnevilles? (same time as The Maine but I can see the Maine later in the summer at another festival)

Sunday:
Chappell Roan (it's going to be absolutely packed)
The Beaches - awesome, Canadian, I love them and they're before Chappell so can hopefully get an ok spot for her
Yves Tumor - love their new album
Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit - never seen him, tried a couple times (covid)
Fred Again.. (not my thing but he's the closing headliner and has grown on me).
Megan Thee Stallion? - not much else on at this time but my twerking game is week
Carly Rae Jepsen? (I love her but I've seen her and would mean missing Yves Tumor)
<sadly missing Milky Chance and Taking Back Sunday because of conflicts?

6/7/24 Maggie Rogers
9/7/24 Jason Isbell
Heading to Bonnaroo next week with @Steve Tasker and @UniAlias, will very likely see Isbell but some of my toughest decisions involve Maggie Rogers and Cage the Elephant.

Maggie Rogers is on at the same time as Interpol. I love Interpol but I've seen them 3x and never seen Rogers. Plus I like more songs from the past decade by Rogers, so I'm leaning her way.

Cage the Elephant is the reverse - I've seen them and loved them but they're the same time as the emo Superjam which is a one time only thing and has some pretty big names, so I'll likely see it.

List of shows I may/will see in rough order of priority (if anyone has strong recs here let me know) - I'll probably see 4-6 a day in the end, lots of other stuff going on all the time:

Thursday:
Militarie Gun - love them as well and there's not a ton of harder rock on the lineup
Happy Landing
Michigander

Maggie Rogers or Interpol - I hate that they're at the same time, leaning Maggie
The Mars Volta - unless I'm hammered (I will be) and want to see T-Pain instead (I might)
The Japanese House
Khruangbin - I know people love them, haven't gotten fully into it. May skip them and go all-in and get in the pit for Maggie
Mdou Moctar?

Saturday:
Red Hot Chili Peppers - never seen them, want to hear "Otherside" not on most of their setlists
The Maine?
Ethel Cain?
Sean Paul? - Get Busy?
Gregory Alan Isakov? - will depend on the vibe but probably too slow for 7:45, Saturday night, that's like peak of the festival time
Josiah & the Bonnevilles? (same time as The Maine but I can see the Maine later in the summer at another festival)

Sunday:
The Beaches - awesome, Canadian, I love them and they're before Chappell so can hopefully get an ok spot for her
Megan Thee Stallion? - not much else on at this time but my twerking game is week
Carly Rae Jepsen? (I love her but I've seen her and would mean missing Yves Tumor)

I’d go see Neal Francis

Mars Volta would be cool too

6/7/24 Maggie Rogers
9/7/24 Jason Isbell

Thursday:
Happy Landing
Michigander

The Japanese House
Mdou Moctar?

Saturday:
The Maine?
Ethel Cain?
Sean Paul? - Get Busy?

Sunday:

You have no idea how jealous I am of that Nation of Language show. I missed them when they went through the Midwest last year and whenever I listened to their newest album, I look at my wife and say, "we f***ed up bad not seeing them".

6/7/24 Maggie Rogers
9/7/24 Jason Isbell

Thursday:
Happy Landing
Michigander

The Japanese House
Mdou Moctar?

Saturday:
The Maine?
Ethel Cain?
Sean Paul? - Get Busy?

Sunday:

Looks like an awesome but exhausting time. I love Eggy.

6/7/24 Maggie Rogers
9/7/24 Jason Isbell

Thursday:
Happy Landing
Michigander

The Japanese House
Mdou Moctar?

Saturday:
The Maine?
Ethel Cain?
Sean Paul? - Get Busy?

Sunday:

You have no idea how jealous I am of that Nation of Language show. I missed them when they went through the Midwest last year and whenever I listened to their newest album, I look at my wife and say, "we f***ed up bad not seeing them".
I saw them headline a small club in Toronto in December and it has me even more excited for this one.

Tedeschi Trucks was awesome - especially at a great acoustic venue like the Greek. Really liked Little Feat as the openers. Derek called them "musician's musicians" and I agree. Susan brought out Richard and Cesar from Los Lobos on different songs and they really jammed. Didn't play their hits like Midnight in Harlem and others - lots of jam sessions and some cool covers. Like that they changed it up. Trucks has to be one of the top 5 guitarists out there today.

Users who are viewing this thread