What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Official Horror Movie Thread (1 Viewer)

Is The First Omen any good?

Yes and no. I'm luke warm on it.

You wouldn't otherwise know it was an omen movie until the last 10 minutes or so. Only then does the iconic soundtrack and creepiness kick in. The Omen series is known for it's creative death scenes, and this one does not really deliver on that front. Sure, there are gruesome deaths, but nothing super original or over the top like the first two omen movies have.

That said, it's not a bad movie or anything. Just doesn't really have the feel of a movie from this franchise.

Significant Other

Didn’t really know what to expect with this one, but sure didn’t expect it to become a horror/alien invasion film. It’s slow moving, but steady and held my interest. 4/5

Significant Other

Didn’t really know what to expect with this one, but sure didn’t expect it to become a horror/alien invasion film. It’s slow moving, but steady and held my interest. 4/5
:blackdot:

This has been on my periphery of movies to watch. I’ll bump it up

I finally watched Invasion of the Body Snatchers 78 (Prime). It’s good. Bleak, but well done.

Seeing the hysterical lady from Alien being hysterical for most of this movie had better not mess up Alien for me. Gads she’s irritating.

Cemetery Man (Tubi): 1994 Italian horror movie that felt like it was from 1978. I made it 31 minutes in before bailing - slow zombies, comedy wasn’t funny, horror wasn’t horror, dubbing was annoying… the actress was stunningly beautiful and had a pretty exposed lovemaking scene, but this movie blew.

Triangle (Prime): I’m not sure this is horror, but I think it is. There were some odd bits at the beginning of this movie, but they made sense at the end. Trippy movie worth the time. I don’t think it’s scary, but it’s pretty horrific while being a neat concept.

Triangle (Prime): I’m not sure this is horror, but I think it is. There were some odd bits at the beginning of this movie, but they made sense at the end. Trippy movie worth the time. I don’t think it’s scary, but it’s pretty horrific while being a neat concept.
Interesting take on Greek mythology
When boarding the cruiser, the group finds that the ship is called Aeolus, who is the father of Sisyphus in Greek mythology. Sisyphus, as explained, broke a promise with death. He was punished with a task where he would have to push a boulder on top of a hill. However, every day the boulder would roll back, making him doomed to be stuck doing the task forever. This foreshadows Jess promising the taxi driver to return, only to break her promise and go on a sail trip. She subsequently gets stuck in an endless series of time loops from which there is no solution.

Interesting take on Greek mythology
When boarding the cruiser, the group finds that the ship is called Aeolus, who is the father of Sisyphus in Greek mythology. Sisyphus, as explained, broke a promise with death. He was punished with a task where he would have to push a boulder on top of a hill. However, every day the boulder would roll back, making him doomed to be stuck doing the task forever. This foreshadows Jess promising the taxi driver to return, only to break her promise and go on a sail trip. She subsequently gets stuck in an endless series of time loops from which there is no solution.
Yeah, that was mentioned twice in the movie. I didn’t make the connection to that promise being the trigger.

We saw The Watchers in the theater. It was just okay. Slow moving and an odd concept. The Shyamalans seem to always find these obscure folklore ideas (see Lady in the Water), but just because it interests them, doesn't mean it translates to an interesting film. The other thing his daughter seems to have inherited from her father is the inability to close a movie. This movie had a couple of pretty obvious ending spots and one direction that would have led to an amazing sequel, but instead they introduce a new story arc right at the end to try and explain things, which ultimately fell completely flat.

I would say 2.5 out of 5.

Hell House LLC (Prime): found footage about a haunted house business in a haunted house. Perfect creepiness with the camera panning past freaky stuff all movie, often without anyone noticing. I like it. The ending was a bit of a surprise to me.

A couple of criticisms:
- a bit too chaotic at the crux of the movie for me to understand what happened (watched a recap video that showed me what I missed).
- pisses me off that nobody rewatched footage when weird stuff happened on camera to prove what was going on.

Good movie.

Hell House LLC (Prime): found footage about a haunted house business in a haunted house. Perfect creepiness with the camera panning past freaky stuff all movie, often without anyone noticing. I like it. The ending was a bit of a surprise to me.

A couple of criticisms:
- a bit too chaotic at the crux of the movie for me to understand what happened (watched a recap video that showed me what I missed).
- pisses me off that nobody rewatched footage when weird stuff happened on camera to prove what was going on.

Good movie.
Watched this in October, loved it! Haven't watched part2 yet

A couple of criticisms:

Good movie.
Watched this in October, loved it! Haven't watched part2 yet
I think that there are 4 of them. I liked them all.

Pearl: I liked X, and the story of how Pearl was made is cool (written while bored in quarantine before filming X in New Zealand, filmed back to back with X). Pearl wasn’t as good for me. Mia Goth had an incredible monologue near the end, but the movie felt very paint-by-numbers. Things just happened as expected right on through the movie.

I appreciate a prequel that doesn’t try to explain everything the first movie was based on (Solo syndrome), but the thing I most wanted to know (what happened in the basement just before X occurred) wasn’t covered. I think we needed a little bit of movie after Howard returned. Not all the way up to X necessarily, but some sense of what rhythm those two fell into that would lead to the basement years later.

Probably worth watching just for Goth’s monologue, but this was a letdown for me.

The trailer for MaXXXine is so good that I finally checked out X on Netflix. Not at all what I expected in a very good way. Really gnarly flick bit also really enjoyable. I'll probably skip Pearl and go right to MaXXXine when it's in theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread