What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the #11 rookie in FF? (2 Viewers)

Who is the #11 rookie in FF?

• Brian Brohm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desean Jackson

• Mario Manningham

• Early Doucet

• James Davis

• Chris Johnson

• Other

• Total voters
Some changes that will hopefully make these polls a little more user friendly. The first percentage is the amount that player had in the poll. In parentheses is the runner up and the percentage he received in the same poll. This will show the gaps and may help the tiers more obvious.

Also, I dropped anyone who had 3 votes or less to narrow the choices and eliminate ties/run offs. I also added the "other" option since there are less players to choose from.

I voted Desean Jackson. Living on the west coast I had the chance to see him play just about every week. IMO hes much more of a playmaker the Ted Ginn JR who was drafted 9th last year.

ATRAIN56 said:
I voted Desean Jackson. Living on the west coast I had the chance to see him play just about every week. IMO hes much more of a playmaker the Ted Ginn JR who was drafted 9th last year.
Chris Johnson is a little too small for small for my taste so I'd probably go with DeSean as well. Brohm votes are just odd here.

ATRAIN56 said:
Chris Johnson is a little too small for small for my taste so I'd probably go with DeSean as well. Brohm votes are just odd here.
How small is Chris Johnson? I thought that Desean Jackson was small. thanks for the info

ATRAIN56 said:
How small is Chris Johnson? I thought that Desean Jackson was small. thanks for the info
About same size as Norwood or Reggie Bush- 5'11 195-200. Amazing that somebody would say, Johnson is too small for their taste and then choose a 170 lb wide receiver :hifive: I see Johnson selected in the 3rd round by Philly to be the evental successor to Westbrook and used in the return game initially. He has great hands and runs great routes (played a lot of WR prior to senior year). He'll be a useful weapon on the NFL level.After the Senior Bowl and Combine, Johnson should be in most people's top 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a PPR draft or not? If so, I would go with Doucet.
Sorry, I included details in the poll for #1 and should have carried it over. Basically, you can vote based on your league. PPR, no PPR, 2 QB etc. Include your league rules and your roster into making your decision.

Desean Jackson is your guy! Should be the consensus top WR off the board in the draft. Johnson warrants some consideration, but i'd go Jackson. He's much more likely to eventually be a full-time starter. Chris Johnson is probably going to end up being more of a situational back.

About same size as Norwood or Reggie Bush- 5'11 195-200. Amazing that somebody would say, Johnson is too small for their taste and then choose a 170 lb wide receiver :nerd: I see Johnson selected in the 3rd round by Philly to be the evental successor to Westbrook and used in the return game initially. He has great hands and runs great routes (played a lot of WR prior to senior year). He'll be a useful weapon on the NFL level.After the Senior Bowl and Combine, Johnson should be in most people's top 6.
I like Chris Johnson's talent and he may very well grow on me after the combine, but I don't see him as an every down back. Very few RB's his size end up with starting jobs - Dunn, Westbrook, and Bush. I'd compare him to Lorenzo Booker who went late 1st/early 2nd in drafts last year, but unlike Booker there are concerns about his fumbling. No question that DeSean needs to put on some weight, at least 10 lbs., but he's got the hands and speed to be a top WR.

About same size as Norwood or Reggie Bush- 5'11 195-200. Amazing that somebody would say, Johnson is too small for their taste and then choose a 170 lb wide receiver :unsure: I see Johnson selected in the 3rd round by Philly to be the evental successor to Westbrook and used in the return game initially. He has great hands and runs great routes (played a lot of WR prior to senior year). He'll be a useful weapon on the NFL level.After the Senior Bowl and Combine, Johnson should be in most people's top 6.
I like Chris Johnson's talent and he may very well grow on me after the combine, but I don't see him as an every down back. Very few RB's his size end up with starting jobs - Dunn, Westbrook, and Bush. I'd compare him to Lorenzo Booker who went late 1st/early 2nd in drafts last year, but unlike Booker there are concerns about his fumbling. No question that DeSean needs to put on some weight, at least 10 lbs., but he's got the hands and speed to be a top WR.
But unlike Booker, Johnson did have good production. Everyone was always wondering why Booker didn't have better #s (was FSU misusing him?). Besides that, Johnson can catch better than most, if not all of the WRs in this draft. Enough? O.K., one more tidbit. He'll also likely be the fastest 40 time at the combine and solidify at worst a late 2nd round grade. I'm seeing Westbrook lite.

It's odd that while in every other poll, the runner up won the next one, but here, neither runner-up looks like they will.

About same size as Norwood or Reggie Bush- 5'11 195-200. Amazing that somebody would say, Johnson is too small for their taste and then choose a 170 lb wide receiver :shrug: I see Johnson selected in the 3rd round by Philly to be the evental successor to Westbrook and used in the return game initially. He has great hands and runs great routes (played a lot of WR prior to senior year). He'll be a useful weapon on the NFL level.After the Senior Bowl and Combine, Johnson should be in most people's top 6.
Johnson's not like Booker. Johnson is a low 4.3 guy, has great hands and produced very well last season (and 400+ total yards in his bowl game).

Cookiemonster said:
cstu said:
About same size as Norwood or Reggie Bush- 5'11 195-200. Amazing that somebody would say, Johnson is too small for their taste and then choose a 170 lb wide receiver :unsure: I see Johnson selected in the 3rd round by Philly to be the evental successor to Westbrook and used in the return game initially. He has great hands and runs great routes (played a lot of WR prior to senior year). He'll be a useful weapon on the NFL level.After the Senior Bowl and Combine, Johnson should be in most people's top 6.
But unlike Booker, Johnson did have good production. Everyone was always wondering why Booker didn't have better #s (was FSU misusing him?). Besides that, Johnson can catch better than most, if not all of the WRs in this draft. Enough? O.K., one more tidbit. He'll also likely be the fastest 40 time at the combine and solidify at worst a late 2nd round grade. I'm seeing Westbrook lite.
:rolleyes: any sites without Johnson in the top 10 are ridiculous. Hell NFLDC has him at 5

Users who are viewing this thread