What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's final mock draft (updated post 73 as of draft day morning) (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
The following things are taken at face value as I don't want to project trades that may not happen or guess teams trading for players.

#1-Lamar Jackson stays in Baltimore.
#2-DeAndre Hopkins stays in Arizona.
#3-Aaron Rodgers plays for the Jets, but in the interest of not making trade guesses, let's pretend only 2024 picks are dealt.

1. Car=Bryce Young QB Alabama (5-11, 204, N/A) best trait-pressure reaction, worst trait-arm strength. Comp=Drew Brees. Young is the best QB in the class and adds instant legitimacy to the Panthers in a wide-open division.

2. Hou=Will Anderson DE Alabama (6-3, 253, 4.60) best trait-bend, worst trait-strength. Comp=DeMarcus Ware. Getting that Nick Bosa-esq defensive stalwart is more important than taking a non-Bryce Young QB.

3. Ari=Bijan Robinson RB Texas (5-11, 215, 4.46) best trait-vision, worst trait-speed. Comp=Edgerrin James. I think he's going way higher than people think, as one of the few sure things in the draft, and an offensive centerpiece for Arizona to build around.

4. Ind=Tyree Wilson DE Texas Tech (6-6, 271, N/A) best trait-strength, worst trait-quickness. Comp=Ziggy Ansah. I think Indy kicks the QB can down the road and rolls with Minshew and co. this season.

5. Sea=Jalen Carter DT Georgia (6-3, 314, N/A) best trait-quickness, worst trait-balance. Comp Jeffery Simmons. Pete Carroll is Mr. 2nd chance, and Carter is the best DT prospect in maybe a decade.

6. Det=CJ Stroud QB Ohio State (6-3, 214, N/A) best trait-accuracy, worst trait-pressure reaction. Comp=Jared Goff. This is a best-case scenario for Lions/Stroud. Lions can save 20 million moving on from Goff next year, while still giving Stroud time to learn the ropes.

7. LV=Devon Witherspoon CB Illinois (5-11, 181, N/A) best trait-strength, worst trait-size. Comp=Samari Rolle. Raiders CB room is as bad as any, and Witherspoon is more developed than Gonzalez right now.

8. Atl=Anthony Richardson QB Florida (6-4, 244, 4.43) best trait-mobility, worst trait-accuracy. Comp=Cam Newton. A perfect fit for the run heavy, PA offense the Falcons want to be. Getting that speed indoors coud be a real headache for the NFC South.

9. Chi=Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon (6-1, 197, 4.38) best trait-size, worst trait-awareness. Comp=Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie. A Gonzalez/Gordon/Johnson trio is a promising young CB group.

10. Phi=Calijah Kancey DT Pittsburgh (6-1, 281, 4.67) best trait-quickness, worst trait-strength. Comp=John Randle. A 1-1 replacement for Javon Hargrave, with a much higher ceiling.

11. Ten=Peter Skoronski OT Northwestern (6-4, 313, 5.16) best trait-quickness, worst trait-size. Comp=Zack Martin. Like Martin, I could see him playing guard, but the Titans OL needs everything, and Skoronski is the highest floor pick in my opinion, something a new GM may prefer.

12. Hou=Will Levis QB Kentucky (6-4, 229, N/A) best trait-arm strength, worst trait-accuracy. Comp=Jay Cutler. I think Houston is perfectly fine not taking a QB, but this falls perfect for them to give Levis a shot, while still getting that defensive centerpiece.

13. NYJ=Darnell Wright OT Tennessee (6-5, 333, 5.01) best trait-strength, worst trait-balance. Comp=DJ Fluker. While I'm not 100% writing off Becton, I think he's not going to be trusted as a no brainer starter. Wright will instantly play RT, with Brown/Becton fighting for the LT spot.

14. NE=Jordan Addison WR USC (5-11, 173, 4.49) best trait-route running, worst trait-size. Comp=Tyler Lockett. I can hear the collective groan already, but Belichick doesn't care who is ranked where, he likes his guys, and Addison's inside/out versatility and route running will make him the #1 WR on NE's board in my eyes. I could see 1 of Parker/Bourne not making it through the draft still on the roster.

15. GB=Dalton Kincaid TE Utah (6-4, 246, N/A) best trait-hands, worst trait-size. Comp=Zach Ertz. Jordan Love is going to need all the help he can get, and Kincaid is a potential stud at TE.

16. Was=Paris Johnson OT Ohio State (6-6, 313, NA) best trait-size, worst trait-flexibility. Comp=Brian O'Neill. Heir apparent to Charles Leno who can start out at LG if need be.

17. Pit=Broderick Jones OT Georgia (6-5, 311, 4.97) best trait-quickness, worst trait-flexibility. Comp=Andrew Thomas. Steelers have had a LT issue since Villanueva left. Jones is a little raw but may be the highest ceiling OT in the class.

18. Det=Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame (6-5, 249, 4.70) best trait-route running, worst trait-speed. Comp=Jason Witten. Basically, a higher upside version of Hockenson that is on a rookie deal. I felt the Hock trade was always more about money than usage. Mayer also gives them a target with size to go with Jameson and Amon-Ra.

19. TB=Darnell Washington TE Georgia (6-7, 264, 4.64) best trait-blocking, worst trait-route running. Comp=Marcedes Lewis. This is way higher than I'd take him, but I'd be surprised at this point if he wasn't a 1st rounder. TB really missed that weapon in the middle of the field and also really needs run blocking help, so in theory this solves 2 problems.

20. Sea=Lukas Van Ness DE Iowa (6-5, 272, 4.58) best trait-bend, worst trait-technique. Comp=Justin Smith. A year after spending 2 of their top picks upgrading the OL, Seattle turns around and does so with their DL. Van Ness is the highest ceiling DE in my opinion, but why wasn't he a full-time player at Iowa? Worth a risk here for sure in my eyes.

21. LAC=Brian Branch S Alabama (6-0, 190, 4.58) best trait-awareness, worst trait-size. Comp=Minkah Fitzpatrick. A slot/S hybrid, I think his future is at S. Derwin James needs a tag partner on the back end, and Branch is as NFL ready as it gets.

22. Bal=Nolan Smith DE Georgia (6-2, 238, 4.39) best trait-quickness, worst trait-strength. Comp=Baron Browning. The Ravens love their athletic freaks at DE. Smith is tough to judge as despite his size, Georgia used him more as a run defender than pass rusher, so he could be a bit raw.

23. Min=Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio State (6-1, 196, N/A) best trait-route running, worst trait-speed. Comp=Amon-Ra St. Brown. A perfect fit as a compliment to JJ. I think he could fall a bit just because all his tape is from 2021, and WRs in general seem a bit of a pick your poison this year.

24. Jac=Joe Tippmann C Wisconsin (6-6, 313, N/A) best trait-size, worst trait-strength. Comp=Josh Myers. Another late riser in my opinion. Jags OL is really the only hole on that offense right now.

25. NYG=Joey Porter CB Penn State (6-2, 193, 4.46) best trait-size, worst trait-speed. Comp=Carlton Davis. This is likely lower than most will have him, and its not a knock, I think CB drops off a lot after the top-2. Porter is a perfect fit for NY's man coverage scheme.

26. Dal=Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama (5-9, 199, 4.36) best trait-receiving, worst trait-power. Comp=Alvin Kamara. He's not as big as Kamara, but that's the role I envision for him. I think Dallas will covet that speed as they look to spread defenses out more this season after adding Cooks at WR. Pollard/Gibbs also are both great in the passing game, so even tougher to defend. Naysayers will point to Felix Jones in 2008 when they had MB3 already, but I think this will go better.

27. Buf=Zay Flowers WR Boston College (5-9, 182, 4.42) best trait-RAC, worst trait-size. Comp=TY Hilton. They need a legit #2 opposite Diggs, and high ankle sprain or not, I don't think Gabe Davis is it. Flowers also offers somebody to run under those deep balls for Josh Allen that he hasn't really had since year 1 with John Brown.

28. Cin=Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State (6-6, 253, 4.61) best trait-speed, worst trait-route running. Comp=Jared Cook. Yep, 4 1st round TEs. Musgrave adds a vertical seam element to the passing game that Burrow hasn't had yet, as the Bengals just keep adding weapons.

29. NO=Myles Murphy DE Clemson (6-5, 258, N/A) best trait-quickness, worst trait-technique. Comp=Rashan Gary. Suddenly very thin on the DL, Murphy was the #2 DE prospect 3 months ago, but the bottom line is he never improved at Clemson, and while the tools are great, is he just what he is? At 29, well worth a look.

30. Phi=Trenton Simpson LB Clemson (6-2, 235, 4.43) best trait-speed, worst trait-awareness. Comp=Willie Gay. I know LB isn't typically where Howie goes early, but a Super Bowl team who lost both their top-2 LB's, maybe does something new.

31. KC=Will McDonald DE Iowa State (6-3, 239, N/A) best trait-quickness, worst trait-strength. Comp=Randy Gregory. Very high upside pass rusher who may be a little one dimensional. Chiefs will happily accept that at the end of round 1, as a Frank Clark replacement/upgrade.

32. Pit=Deonte Banks CB Maryland (6-0, 197, 4.35) best trait-quickness, worst trait-strength. Comp=Eli Apple. In my last mock I had them taking him at #17, but I think he's starting to fall a bit. Would still be a week 1 starter for them.

33. Hou=Quentin Johnston WR TCU (6-3, 208, N/A) best trait-RAC, worst trait-hands. Comp=Martavis Bryant. Speaking of guys who are falling. This would be an ideal fit, as the #1 job is there for the taking. This is basically a dream draft for the Texans so far.

34. Ari=Keion White DE Georgia Tech (6-5, 285, N/A) best trait-strength, worst trait-technique. Comp=John Franklin-Myers. Shockingly invited to the draft, which usually means the NFL thinks he'll go round 1, still its hard to see a guy this raw going ahead of the DL ahead of him.

35. Ind=Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State (6-1, 166, 4.35) best trait-speed, worst trait-strength. Comp=Cameron Dantzler. He's a lot faster than Dantzler, but that skinniness is similar. Probably needs a year to put on some weight, but projects as a future #2 CB.

36. LAR=Felix Anudike-Uzomah DE Kansas State (6-3, 255, N/A) best trait-bend, worst trait-strength. Comp=Dante Fowler. A quick look at the Rams, shows the worst defense in the NFL in my eyes. Gotta rebuild the trenches.

37. Sea=O'Cyrus Torrence G Florida (6-5, 330, 5.31) best trait-size, worst trait-quickness. Comp=Brandon Brooks. Seahawks OL rebuild continues with a real mauler.

38. LV=Bryan Bresee DT Clemson (6-5, 298, 4.86) best trait-quickness, worst trait-technique. Comp=Nathan Shepherd. Like Myles Murphy, Bresee never really developed at Clemson, but still has all the tools. Vegas should be doing anything they can to not end up giving Jerry Tillery meaningful snaps.

39. Car=BJ Ojulari DE LSU (6-2, 248, N/A) best trait-technique, worst trait-strength. Comp=Uchenna Nwosu. Gross-Matos has never really panned out and Burns clearly can't do it all alone. Ojulari seems like a high floor prospect.

40. NO=Cody Mauch OT North Dakota State (6-5, 302, 5.08) best trait-flexibility, worst trait-strength. Comp=Alex Cappa. I think Mauch can play T or G, he's probably a better G. Ruiz and Peat are mediocre at best despite their 1st round pedigrees.

41. Ten=Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee (6-0, 176, 4.40) best trait-hands, worst trait-RAC. Comp=DeSean Jackson. Hyatt isn't as versatile as D-Jax, but offers a similar field stretching aspect, which should complement Burks/Okonkwo well.

42. NYJ=Mazi Smith DT Michigan (6-3, 323, N/A) best trait-strength, worst trait-technique. Comp=Dontari Poe. Love the idea of putting him next to Quinnen Williams.

43. NYJ=Jack Campbell LB Iowa (6-5, 249, 4.65) best trait-awareness, worst trait-speed. Comp=Logan Wilson. High floor player, who could be a long-term replacement for Mosley, while playing alongside him on 2023.

44. Atl=Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA (6-0, 214, 4.53) best trait-vision, worst trait-speed. Comp=Chris Ivory. Tyler Allgeier had a ton of success as a rookie, but he's not the prospect Charbonnet is, and the Falcons are the most run heavy team in the NFL. Adding him and Richardson makes that even more scary for defenses who aren't really built to defend that anymore.

45. GB=Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee (6-3, 217, N/A) best trait-arm strength, worst trait-pressure reaction. Comp=Desmond Ridder. I think Love gets his chance to be the guy, but he also is going into a make-or-break year, and GB has done this before drafting Brian Brohm in round 2 when Favre left.

46. NE=Kelee Ringo CB Georgia (6-2, 207, 4.36) best trait-speed, worst trait-quickness. Comp=Jimmy Smith. Belichick could use a CB with some size, and while there is some talk about Ringo maybe being a better fit at S, I think he can play CB. He's a little raw, but the tools are off the charts.

47. Was=Sam LaPorta TE Iowa (6-3 245 4.59) best trait-speed, worst trait-hands. Comp=Dustin Keller. The Iowa TE factory keeps on a runnin. LaPorta is probably closest to Fant of those guys. He's a seam stretcher which is exactly what Washington could use to complement their WRs.

48. Det=Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin (6-4 309 5.08) best trait-strength, worst trait-balance. Comp=Austin Johnson. Benton is a very boom/bust player who looks dominant one snap and lost the next. I think he fits best on a team like Detroit who uses a pretty big DL rotation.

49. Pit=Drew Sanders LB Arkansas (6-4, 235, N/A) best trait-size, worst trait-awareness. Comp=Tremaine Edmunds. He's mocked higher than this usually, as he's a great athlete, but he's so inexperienced, as he was used as a blitzer more than anything. That said, he has tools to bet on, but he may not be an instant starter.

50. TB=Steve Avila G TCU (6-4, 332, 5.21) best trait-size, worst trait-balance. Comp=Will Hernandez. TB's OL is suddenly very shaky. Avila helps in the offseason goal of actually having a running game.

51. Mia=John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota (6-4, 301, 5.35) best trait-flexibility, worst trait-quickness. Comp=Ben Jones. Probably a G in year 1, but long-term C. Really excels on those reach blocks that are a staple of those Shanahan offenses.

52. Sea=Cam Smith CB South Carolina (6-1, 180, 4.43) best trait-awareness, worst trait-size. Comp=Alterraun Verner. Worry somewhat about his ceiling, but he's a week 1 starter. Ideal draft for Seattle so far.

53. Chi=Adetomiwa Adebawore DE Northwestern (6-2, 282, 4.49) best trait-quickness, worst trait-technique. Comp=Milton Williams. Combine star, never really played to his talent. Good project for Eberflus, as the ceiling is the roof.

54. LAC=Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State (6-5 254 4.69) best trait-blocking, worst trait-hands. Comp=Heath Miller. Gerald Everett is fine, but he's nothing special, and LA has talked about adding a pass catcher being a priority. Kraft isn't a big play guy, but he'll be reliable. Yes that's 6 TE's in the 1st 2 rounds.

55. Det=Antonio Johnson S Texas A&M (6-2, 198, 4.52) best trait-size, worst trait-speed. Comp=Ryan Neal. Another slot/S hybrid. Adds to the depth in the Lions secondary at worst and could potentially be a starter.

56. Jac=Jordan Battle S Alabama (6-1 209 4.55) best trait-size, worst trait-speed. Comp=Adrian Amos. He's not as fast as Amos was, but they are both similar in that they aren't playmakers, they put the safe in Safety.

57. NYG=Anton Harrison OT Oklahoma (6-4, 315, 4.98) best trait-quickness, worst trait-strength. Comp=Josh Jones. Harrison is mocked higher, but I think he's a little more of a position tweener than is being talked about. I think he'd play LG in NY.

58. Dal=Daiyan Henley LB Washington State (6-2, 225, 4.54) best trait-quickness, worst trait-strength. Comp=Dre Greenlaw. I personally think Henley is the best LB in the draft, but that size is gonna turn off a lot of teams.

59. Buf=Dawand Jones OT Ohio State (6-8, 374, 5.35) best trait-size, worst trait-flexibility. Comp=Orlando Brown. He's not as good as Brown, but he's even bigger. He's a RT only in my opinion, and I think he'll fall for that reason, also recent history hasn't been kind to too many guys over 350.

60. Cin=Sydney Brown S Illinois (5-10 211 4.47) best trait-speed, worst trait-awareness. Comp=Shamarko Thomas He and Daxton Hill could form the fastest Safety combo in the NFL. Its asking a lot for 2 inexperienced guys to start together, but the Bengals felt comfortable letting both starters from last year walk.

61. Chi=Devon Achane RB Texas A&M (5-9 188 4.32) best trait-speed, worst trait-power. Comp=CJ Spiller. I like the fit opposite Justin Fields, as you can't really commit to one or the other cause if you guess wrong its all over. He's probably more of a part time player than you'd like to see this high. I'd expect him to play more passing downs and COP, with Herbert starting and Foreman doing GL.

62. Phi=Jartavius Martin S Illinois (5-11 194 4.46) best trait-physicality, worst trait-size. Comp=Damonte Kazee. Eagles losing both starting Safeties from last year makes this a bigger need. even with the Edmunds signing. Martin has limited experience at S, after moving from CB.

63. KC=Josh Downs WR North Carolina (5-9, 171, 4.48) best trait-route running, worst trait-size. Comp=Cole Beasley. He's got more big play ability than Beasley, but he wins in the same way. I think KC is building a nice group of "can't touch in a phone booth type" WR's.

Nice job but if the Pats pass on Paris Johnson and Broderick Jones for Jordan Addison you will hear more than a groan from the 6 states of New England...the Pats Tackle situation can end this season before it even begins...Dante Scarnecchia is no longer on the staff so the days of turning JAGs into high-end starters is over.

Last edited:
Love the thought process for Houston and that’s exactly what I’d do if I were them.

Hate Tampa’s first rounder with two EDGE players and Branch going right after. I don’t think a TE should be on their radar at all.

Great effort. Thank you!

Begin by making yourself comfortable. Sit in a chair and allow your back to be straight, but not stiff, with your feet on the ground. You could also do this practice standing or if you prefer, you can lie down and have your head supported. Your hands could be resting gently in your lap or at your side. Allow your eyes to close, or to remain open with a soft gaze. Take several long, slow, deep breaths. Breathing in fully and exhaling slowly. Breathe in through your nose and out through your nose or mouth. Feel your stomach expand on an inhale and relax and let go as you exhale. Begin to let go of noises around you. Begin to shift your attention from outside to inside yourself. If you are distracted by sounds in the room, simply notice this and bring your focus back to your breathing. Now slowly bring your attention down to your feet. Begin observing sensations in your feet. You might want to wiggle your toes a little, feeling your toes against your socks or shoes. Just notice, without judgment. You might imagine sending your breath down to your feet, as if the breath is traveling through the nose to the lungs and through the abdomen all the way down to your feet. And then back up again out through your nose and lungs. Perhaps you don't feel anything at all. That is fine, too. Just allow yourself to feel the sensation of not feeling anything. When you are ready, allow your feet to dissolve in your mind’s eye and move your attention up to your ankles, calves, knees and thighs. Observe the sensations you are experiencing throughout your legs. Breathe into and breathe out of the legs. If your mind begins to wander during this exercise, gently notice this without judgment and bring your mind back to noticing the sensations in your legs. If you notice any discomfort, pain or stiffness, don't judge this. Just simply notice it. Observe how all sensations rise and fall, shift and change moment to moment. Notice how no sensation is permanent. Just observe and allow the sensations to be in the moment, just as they are. Breathe into and out from the legs. Then on the next out breath, allow the legs to dissolve in your mind. And move to the sensations in your lower back and pelvis. Softening and releasing as you breathe in and out. Slowly move your attention up to your mid back and upper back. Become curious about the sensations here. You may become aware of sensations in the muscle, temperature or points of contact with furniture or the bed. With each outbreath, you may let go of tension you are carrying. And then very gently shift your focus to your stomach and all the internal organs here. Perhaps you notice the feeling of clothing, the process of digestion or the belly rising or falling with each breath. If you notice opinions arising about these areas, gently let these go and return to noticing sensations. As you continue to breathe, bring your awareness to the chest and heart region and just notice your heartbeat. Observe how the chest rises during the inhale and how the chest falls during the exhale. Let go of any judgments that may arise. On the next outbreath, shift the focus to your hands and fingertips. See if you can channel your breathing into and out of this area as if you are breathing into and out from your hands. If your mind wanders, gently bring it back to the sensations in your hands.

Detroit Lions
  • 1.06 Interesting. Lions plan per Travdogg: replace their limited upside QB with the guy they call Jared Goff if he were a little more mobile. While I suspect we'll be going defensive line with the first pick....checks notes - DVOA rating offense 5th, DVOA rating defense 28th...the Stroud choice is actually the second most realistic pick you havefor them today. They brought him in for a Top 30 Prospect Visit (as well as AR, Hooker, O'Connell, and some kid from Kansas State no one ever heard of.) He kind of fits. Not very efficient use of precious draft capital, I don't think he's a clear upgrade and Hutch needs a little help on the other side of the ball, but it's more believable than say AR or Bijan.

• 1.18 If I had $5 for every time I've written the sentence "the Lions are not taking a tight end in the first round" in the comments of a Mock Draft, my retirement would be seeing a significant upgrade. Beyond positional value - something that is a core value for Brad Holmes - the Lions fill their drafts with athletes. High RAS, high college production is a constant theme. Meyers is a lousy athlete. In this draft cycle they've shown the most interest in Darnell Washington, Sam LaPorta and Tyler Kraft. checks notes - DVOA rating offense 5th, DVOA rating defense 28th....yeah, I don't think they're going offense offense this year but what do I know.

• 2.48 In this cycle the Lions have interviewed 9 OL and 11 DL. Other positional groups: QB - 5, RB - 2, WR - 4, TE - 3, LB-4, CB - 5, S - 4. I don't like this pick, I love this pick. Good job. Adetomiwa Adebawore or Steve Avila probably make more sense but this is the least offensive pick you made for Detroit.

• 2.55 Should have probably gone Quan Martin here but at least you're in the right zip code. RAS 5.23 is not something you generally see from Holmes.
Appreciate the effort @travdogg!

Love the Stroud pick for Detroit but not sold on TE in the first. Van Ness or Porter seem more likely to me at that spot based on how it fell.

you really think Bijan goes #3?
I think it could be accompanied by a trade down, but I think Bijan is very much on Arizona's radar, and if they can't trade down, they could just take him.

I didn't wanna predict trades, because that's just a losing proposition at all times.

Love the thought process for Houston and that’s exactly what I’d do if I were them.

Hate Tampa’s first rounder with two EDGE players and Branch going right after. I don’t think a TE should be on their radar at all.

Great effort. Thank you!
I don't like it either, but I'm pretty confident TB isn't going defense. Other than Evans/Godwin/Wirfs, that offense has next to nothing. RB/TE/OL are where I'm expecting the first 3-4 picks to go in some order.

I do think the NFL likes Washington way more than the media does. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the 2nd TE off the board even.

Detroit Lions
  • 1.06 Interesting. Lions plan per Travdogg: replace their limited upside QB with the guy they call Jared Goff if he were a little more mobile. While I suspect we'll be going defensive line with the first pick....checks notes - DVOA rating offense 5th, DVOA rating defense 28th...the Stroud choice is actually the second most realistic pick you havefor them today. They brought him in for a Top 30 Prospect Visit (as well as AR, Hooker, O'Connell, and some kid from Kansas State no one ever heard of.) He kind of fits. Not very efficient use of precious draft capital, I don't think he's a clear upgrade and Hutch needs a little help on the other side of the ball, but it's more believable than say AR or Bijan.

• 1.18 If I had $5 for every time I've written the sentence "the Lions are not taking a tight end in the first round" in the comments of a Mock Draft, my retirement would be seeing a significant upgrade. Beyond positional value - something that is a core value for Brad Holmes - the Lions fill their drafts with athletes. High RAS, high college production is a constant theme. Meyers is a lousy athlete. In this draft cycle they've shown the most interest in Darnell Washington, Sam LaPorta and Tyler Kraft. checks notes - DVOA rating offense 5th, DVOA rating defense 28th....yeah, I don't think they're going offense offense this year but what do I know.

• 2.48 In this cycle the Lions have interviewed 9 OL and 11 DL. Other positional groups: QB - 5, RB - 2, WR - 4, TE - 3, LB-4, CB - 5, S - 4. I don't like this pick, I love this pick. Good job. Adetomiwa Adebawore or Steve Avila probably make more sense but this is the least offensive pick you made for Detroit.

• 2.55 Should have probably gone Quan Martin here but at least you're in the right zip code. RAS 5.23 is not something you generally see from Holmes.
Appreciate the effort @travdogg!
The logic behind Stroud is its getting an upgrade, with a similar type player and giving the opportunity to save like 30+ million dollars, money that can go to Amon-Ra and Sewell long term.

Bringing in Moseley, Sutton and CJGJ certainly help that 28th ranked defense. I think EDGE is set, and LB is ok (they like Anzalone a lot more than I do) so DT and DB are where I'm seeing the needs.

I think Benton is flying up boards, I had 2/3 scenarios where he didn't even make it to Detroit.

While we can certainly debate TE positional value, I will say, I did wrestle with Mayer v Washington there. I went with the more proven player, since its a week 1 starter need, but perhaps Washington would have made more sense. I don't like taking TE that high (except for Kincaid) but I think its such a loaded class.

I like Darnell Washington too, but they did just draft Cade Otton last year. Not that he's a huge roadblock, but he did lead all rookie TE's in receptions. They also drafted Ko Kieft at TE who was essentially a blocker. The point is they have a fairly deep TE room with young players. I don't hate adding a TE that is being basically considered an extra tackle, but, they need an actual left tackle first. All 4 are gone in your mock though. So...

Shaq Barrett is coming off an achilles injury and is 31. They need some youth off the EDGE for sure. With Van Ness and Smith being available in your mock I just have a hard time seeing them value DW over them.

And Bowles is notorious for being happy in the pants for a swiss army knife safety like Branch.

The logic behind Stroud is its getting an upgrade, with a similar type player and giving the opportunity to save like 30+ million dollars, money that can go to Amon-Ra and Sewell long term.

Bringing in Moseley, Sutton and CJGJ certainly help that 28th ranked defense. I think EDGE is set, and LB is ok (they like Anzalone a lot more than I do) so DT and DB are where I'm seeing the needs.

I think Benton is flying up boards, I had 2/3 scenarios where he didn't even make it to Detroit.

While we can certainly debate TE positional value, I will say, I did wrestle with Mayer v Washington there. I went with the more proven player, since its a week 1 starter need, but perhaps Washington would have made more sense. I don't like taking TE that high (except for Kincaid) but I think its such a loaded class.

with what was on the board, I would have preferred:
  • 1.06 - Witherspoon. Just embodies everything they are about on defense. Elite press man, hard hitter, swagger.
  • 1.18 - LVN, Murphy, literally anything except TE
  • 2.48 - Steve Avila - interviewed at Combine, Top 30 visits, one of 5-6 Gs they are looking at, have to keep investing in the OL. Look at the contracts, all LT-LG-C-RT all expire a different year. As the Cap goes up they'll have options to extend them solely with the inflation money. They will always be about maintaining a quality OL. Current plans for this year at RG: Big V, who missed all of last year and had back surgery, and Glasgow, who tailed off badly in Denver last year. This is a desperate need and oh by the way, can also play C so he fulfills the Evan Brown role (Ragnow is elite but he's always getting hurt.)
  • 2.55 - really cannot see them drafting a S, at any point. If they want a Slot/Nickel since all the CBs are one year deals besides Sutton, Quan Martin is a guy they're looking at closely. But this seems like a good spot to get the X they need - Cedric Tillman, Rashee Rice, A.T. Perry. Warts and all, need a big body to develop.
NBD, they're all just different flavors of the same thing. Anything after pick 12 is a coin flip, getting a hit on draft picks is hard. Guys with way more information who receive a lot of compensation to devote their lives to this stuff miss on 50% of 1st round picks.

I like Darnell Washington too, but they did just draft Cade Otton last year. Not that he's a huge roadblock, but he did lead all rookie TE's in receptions. They also drafted Ko Kieft at TE who was essentially a blocker. The point is they have a fairly deep TE room with young players. I don't hate adding a TE that is being basically considered an extra tackle, but, they need an actual left tackle first. All 4 are gone in your mock though. So...

Shaq Barrett is coming off an achilles injury and is 31. They need some youth off the EDGE for sure. With Van Ness and Smith being available in your mock I just have a hard time seeing them value DW over them.

And Bowles is notorious for being happy in the pants for a swiss army knife safety like Branch.
Yeah, the ideal scenario is a LT being there, if any of those top-4 guys make it there, that pick is made pretty quick. I'm gonna sort of disagree about Otton, I think he looked like JAG. Leading rookie TE's in catches was easy considering Dulcich was hurt, and it was a poor class in general, especially with TB being the pass heaviest team in the NFL. Washington (or Mayer) I think would give them that middle of the field option with size, that they mostly missed last year without Gronk.

If TB hadn't brought Nelson back I think EDGE would be a bigger need. They need to see what they have in JTS, who I thought was an awful pick when they made it, and has shown nothing to suggest I was wrong. I could see Van Ness being on the radar, but Smith feels too small for Bowles. I keep coming back to Van Ness perhaps being a little raw and why wasn't he playing more for Iowa, as being a reason he keeps falling whenever I came down to him or 1-2 other guys. From like 13-20 I was like, hmm Van Ness here, or this other guy or 2, and Van Ness didn't win until Seattle, and even there it was close between him and Porter.

100% agree Bowles loves players like Branch, but he already has 2 in Winfield and Neal. In general, I think TB's defense is still pretty good.

Great mock, appreciate the effort and commentary! Even as a Steelers fan, I have a hard time predicting what they will do with picks. Even more so as this is the first one without Colbert in a very long time. But I have a hard time seeing them pass on Joey Porter Jr. if he's available. Feels like CB is just as much a need for them as OL; plus we love high drafting grabby CBs with a low floor/high bust potential :laugh: Any additional reasoning behind them passing him? (Side note: Love the logic of them going Banks at 32 should they pass on Porter tho; objectively feels like he'd be a better scheme fit playing one on one coverage the way we do). Thanks again!

I think Calijah Kancey is the type of player the Eagles would have interest in. Not sure they'd take him at 10, especially with Will Levis still on the board in your mock, I'm sure they could find a trade down partner in that scenario (though I acknowledge you aren't projecting trades here). Personally, I think the Eagles would have more interest in Nolan Smith if they stayed at 10. Broderick Jones is another guy who fits their draft profile and plays a position of need for Philly. I think they would reach for Jones at 10 before Kancey though. In the actual draft, I could definitely see them trade down at 10 and trade up at 30. To get two of Kancey, Smith or Jones.

The last time the Eagles took a LB in round 1 was 1979. Don't think they'll take one in the first in 2023.

Great mock, appreciate the effort and commentary! Even as a Steelers fan, I have a hard time predicting what they will do with picks. Even more so as this is the first one without Colbert in a very long time. But I have a hard time seeing them pass on Joey Porter Jr. if he's available. Feels like CB is just as much a need for them as OL; plus we love high drafting grabby CBs with a low floor/high bust potential :laugh: Any additional reasoning behind them passing him? (Side note: Love the logic of them going Banks at 32 should they pass on Porter tho; objectively feels like he'd be a better scheme fit playing one on one coverage the way we do). Thanks again!
I think the CB depth at 32 is better than the OT depth. Guys like Banks, Forbes, or even Cam Smith could be there, At OT its Dawand or Harrison and those guys are more flawed players, and I'm not sure either would be a fit in Pittsburgh.

If Jones doesn't fall to 17, I could see Porter, or maybe Nolan Smith there.

I think Calijah Kancey is the type of player the Eagles would have interest in. Not sure they'd take him at 10, especially with Will Levis still on the board in your mock, I'm sure they could find a trade down partner in that scenario (though I acknowledge you aren't projecting trades here). Personally, I think the Eagles would have more interest in Nolan Smith if they stayed at 10. Broderick Jones is another guy who fits their draft profile and plays a position of need for Philly. I think they would reach for Jones at 10 before Kancey though. In the actual draft, I could definitely see them trade down at 10 and trade up at 30. To get two of Kancey, Smith or Jones.

The last time the Eagles took a LB in round 1 was 1979. Don't think they'll take one in the first in 2023.
You think they'd have more interest in Nolan Smith? Just feels to me like the DE depth is so much stronger than the DT depth for Philly. I mean, Brandon Graham is probably a 30 snap a game guy, with Reddick, Sweat, and a healthy Barnett.

Begin by making yourself comfortable. Sit in a chair and allow your back to be straight, but not stiff, with your feet on the ground. You could also do this practice standing or if you prefer, you can lie down and have your head supported. Your hands could be resting gently in your lap or at your side. Allow your eyes to close, or to remain open with a soft gaze. Take several long, slow, deep breaths. Breathing in fully and exhaling slowly. Breathe in through your nose and out through your nose or mouth. Feel your stomach expand on an inhale and relax and let go as you exhale. Begin to let go of noises around you. Begin to shift your attention from outside to inside yourself. If you are distracted by sounds in the room, simply notice this and bring your focus back to your breathing. Now slowly bring your attention down to your feet. Begin observing sensations in your feet. You might want to wiggle your toes a little, feeling your toes against your socks or shoes. Just notice, without judgment. You might imagine sending your breath down to your feet, as if the breath is traveling through the nose to the lungs and through the abdomen all the way down to your feet. And then back up again out through your nose and lungs. Perhaps you don't feel anything at all. That is fine, too. Just allow yourself to feel the sensation of not feeling anything. When you are ready, allow your feet to dissolve in your mind’s eye and move your attention up to your ankles, calves, knees and thighs. Observe the sensations you are experiencing throughout your legs. Breathe into and breathe out of the legs. If your mind begins to wander during this exercise, gently notice this without judgment and bring your mind back to noticing the sensations in your legs. If you notice any discomfort, pain or stiffness, don't judge this. Just simply notice it. Observe how all sensations rise and fall, shift and change moment to moment. Notice how no sensation is permanent. Just observe and allow the sensations to be in the moment, just as they are. Breathe into and out from the legs. Then on the next out breath, allow the legs to dissolve in your mind. And move to the sensations in your lower back and pelvis. Softening and releasing as you breathe in and out. Slowly move your attention up to your mid back and upper back. Become curious about the sensations here. You may become aware of sensations in the muscle, temperature or points of contact with furniture or the bed. With each outbreath, you may let go of tension you are carrying. And then very gently shift your focus to your stomach and all the internal organs here. Perhaps you notice the feeling of clothing, the process of digestion or the belly rising or falling with each breath. If you notice opinions arising about these areas, gently let these go and return to noticing sensations. As you continue to breathe, bring your awareness to the chest and heart region and just notice your heartbeat. Observe how the chest rises during the inhale and how the chest falls during the exhale. Let go of any judgments that may arise. On the next outbreath, shift the focus to your hands and fingertips. See if you can channel your breathing into and out of this area as if you are breathing into and out from your hands. If your mind wanders, gently bring it back to the sensations in your hands.
Really want this to be a weird accidental paste from your clipboard, but I assume it's some sort of joke.

CJ Stroud won't make it past No 1
So there's that...

Under 6 feet, under 200 lbs, traded the sun and moon to move up to No 1 in order to Draft a Smurf at QB?
That's what you're saying when you act like you KNOW the Panthers are going Bryce No 1 overall

How about none of the Top 4-5 prospects stand a chance to be a Top 5 QB in the NFL?
How about we start there?

While I’d love to see JSN to the Vikes (monster season with JJ drawing all the coverage), I don’t see him making it past GB if the draft breaks that way.

Either one is a fine landing spot - I know GB hasn’t historically taken WR, but with Love behind center I could see them taking JSN or one of the elite TEs.

Last edited:
Really want this to be a weird accidental paste from your clipboard, but I assume it's some sort of joke.

No joke, it's a guided meditation (body scan) - good exercise. Obviously the joke part is when you get triggered by a Mock Draft you don't agree with.....

Mindfulness meditation is a good way to start way to start your day, though. Nothing weird about it.

No joke, it's a guided meditation (body scan) - good exercise. Obviously the joke part is when you get triggered by a Mock Draft you don't agree with.....

Mindfulness meditation is a good way to start way to start your day, though. Nothing weird about it.
Yeah, I only meant a joke in the context of the thread here.

Yeah, I only meant a joke in the context of the thread here.

To be clear, I was triggered seeing another TE being mocked to the Lions

:lol:

So there's that...

Under 6 feet, under 200 lbs, traded the sun and moon to move up to No 1 in order to Draft a Smurf at QB?
That's what you're saying when you act like you KNOW the Panthers are going Bryce No 1 overall

How about none of the Top 4-5 prospects stand a chance to be a Top 5 QB in the NFL?
I disagree 100%. Don't care about Young's height at all, and I'm not sure the NFL does either.

I think Young can absolutely be a top-5 QB in the NFL. There is a Brees level ceiling there in my eyes. Kinda think any of Young, Stroud, Richardson and Levis could be top-5 guys, the last 3 need a lot to go right with their situation/development, but Young might just need to stay healthy.

I mean, other than Burrow, almost nobody thought any of the current top-5 QBs would be top-5 guys, otherwise they all would have been drafted higher.

While I’d love to see JSN to the Vikes (monster season with JJ drawing all the coverage), I don’t see him making it past GB if the draft breaks that way.

Either one is a fine landing spot - I know GB hasn’t horrifically taken WR, but with Love behind center I could see them taking JSN or one of the elite TEs.
I will giggle uncontrollably if the Packers take JSN in the first after flat out refusing to give Rodgers a first round WR for the last dozen years.

I (read: Herbert dynasty owner) want JSN on the Chargers. Or Kincaid or Mayer if not JSN.

Either one is a fine landing spot - I know GB hasn’t horrifically taken WR, but with Love behind center I could see them taking JSN or one of the elite TEs.
That was pretty much my logic with GB, they just don't take WRs in round 1, and I think they feel Watson is a #1 for better or worse. Kincaid seems like a better fit to me.

Woah Colts pass on a QB? Bijan at 3?
Kinda feels like Indy will pass. I think if they do anything at QB, they'd trade for Lamar, and not with the #4 pick.

3 is way higher than I would go for Bijan, I thought about doing/adding a "what would I do" mock to this thread, but I think the NFL loves Bijan and he's considered can't miss, where even with RB meaning less than ever, he's going top-10, and Arizona is a team that needs a safe pick to start the new regime. Also, I think guys like Tyree Wilson and Jalen Carter are riskier picks, if probably more impactful players.

I will giggle uncontrollably if the Packers take JSN in the first after flat out refusing to give Rodgers a first round WR for the last dozen years.

I (read: Herbert dynasty owner) want JSN on the Chargers. Or Kincaid or Mayer if not JSN.
Please note the autocorrect - “historically” not horrifically. Though with “packers take 1st round WR” I suppose they both fit? lol

You think they'd have more interest in Nolan Smith? Just feels to me like the DE depth is so much stronger than the DT depth for Philly. I mean, Brandon Graham is probably a 30 snap a game guy, with Reddick, Sweat, and a healthy Barnett.

I have no doubt they have interest in Nolan Smith. He's one of the players they brought in for a pre-draft visit. Lucas Van Ness is another guy they're interested in, I just think Smith fits their profile better. He's basically Hasaan Reddick build with blazing speed. Eagles past history suggests that they will be taking one of the players on the pre-draft visit list. When I look at their DT visits, it's Jalen Carter and then a bunch of guys who they can get in rounds 2-4. Kancey isn't on that list.

Reading the tea leaves, if they take a DT at 10, it will be Carter. With 30, they'll probably go defensive back, either Branch or a CB.

So there's that...

You could make a lot of money in Vegas right now betting on cj going #1

So there's that...

You could make a lot of money in Vegas right now betting on cj going #1
+800 right now for those confident.

So there's that...

I disagree 100%. Don't care about Young's height at all, and I'm not sure the NFL does either.

I think Young can absolutely be a top-5 QB in the NFL. There is a Brees level ceiling there in my eyes. Kinda think any of Young, Stroud, Richardson and Levis could be top-5 guys, the last 3 need a lot to go right with their situation/development, but Young might just need to stay healthy.

I mean, other than Burrow, almost nobody thought any of the current top-5 QBs would be top-5 guys, otherwise they all would have been drafted higher.
Lot of under 6 footers walking around at QB in the NFL, right?
And even the one who had some success early in his career on his rookie deal-Russell Wilson is proving it was more about his surrounding talent.
I cannot keep up the charade that there are 2 quality QBs at the top

And you aren't either, we just have different views on who should go No 1
I'm shocked people don't see CJ Stroud as the clear No 1 even if he isn't on the level of say Trevor Lawrence when he went No 1 or Joe Burrow the year prior.
Not every NFL QB drafted early will elevate or grow into a franchise QB, many fail.
Stroud performed at a high level on the highest stages, seems like the most ready to start of the QB prospects.
Young has many questions, especially physically.
How is he going to see over the DL or shake a guy that is even faster than he is at the next level?
His frame does not instill confidence in this poster but I respect that others are optimistic about him.
Young seems like a major gamble at No 1, the Cards are not any better off with Murray right now than they were when they took him 4 years ago. OK, they pick No 3 instead of No 1
Some of the Murray questions surrounded his size and people were assured it wasn't an issue. Well it sorta is a problem and it's hard for him to locate his targets at times.

We can disagree. I'll chuckle when Carolina selects Bryce because it does seem a little off that they traded up to take Stroud who isn't hyped like previous QBs.
I also think at least 1 of these 4 QBs and perhaps 2 of them will fall further than folks imagine.
Last year there were a couple QBs that ended up sitting all night long and were never picked on Day 1

"Who the hell is Mel Kiper?"

So there's that...

And even the one who had some success early in his career on his rookie deal-Russell Wilson is proving it was more about his surrounding talent.

I'm shocked people don't see CJ Stroud as the clear No 1 even if he isn't on the level of say Trevor Lawrence when he went No 1 or Joe Burrow the year prior.
Not every NFL QB drafted early will elevate or grow into a franchise QB, many fail.
Stroud performed at a high level on the highest stages, seems like the most ready to start of the QB prospects.
How is he going to see over the DL or shake a guy that is even faster than he is at the next level?
His frame does not instill confidence in this poster but I respect that others are optimistic about him.
Young seems like a major gamble at No 1, the Cards are not any better off with Murray right now than they were when they took him 4 years ago. OK, they pick No 3 instead of No 1
Some of the Murray questions surrounded his size and people were assured it wasn't an issue. Well it sorta is a problem and it's hard for him to locate his targets at times.

We can disagree. I'll chuckle when Carolina selects Bryce because it does seem a little off that they traded up to take Stroud who isn't hyped like previous QBs.
I also think at least 1 of these 4 QBs and perhaps 2 of them will fall further than folks imagine.
Last year there were a couple QBs that ended up sitting all night long and were never picked on Day 1

I believe it's possible to scheme an 'A' offense around Bryce Young's talent. Can't really back up my opinion with thoughtful analysis, but it's a chance worth taking if I'm Carolina (and I rush to the stage if I'm Houston and he's available at 1.02).

Indy's prayers will be answered when they take Stroud at #4.

So there's that...

I believe it's possible to scheme an 'A' offense around Bryce Young's talent. Can't really back up my opinion with thoughtful analysis, but it's a chance worth taking if I'm Carolina (and I rush to the stage if I'm Houston and he's available at 1.02).

Indy's prayers will be answered when they take Stroud at #4.
I would think Houston is desperate for any QB at No 2, they can grab a WR at No 12 and then marry the 2 of them on posters all over and try to sell some tickets.
If you want to really know what I think about Houston, check into the team thread because I laid it out today.
If I were the Texans GM I would definitely trade down or take the top DL on their board. They also need to try and find the next JJ Watt, they need a lot more than a QB.

So there's that...

A lot to digest/debate here.

I think there could be 4 quality QB's at the top. Unless you are saying quality=top-5 in the NFL, in which case that's unrealistic expectations for rookies at all positions. I do think Levis, Richardson and Stroud could all be starters for a decade. I just think Young could be top-5 by 2024. I think he's every bit the prospect Lawrence or Burrow were.

You mentioned last year's class sitting and not being picked in round 1, but A) Will Levis (let alone the other 3) is a better prospect than any of the 2022 QB's, and B) Brock Purdy sure looked like a keeper. I thought Pickett played solid down the stretch. Even Sam Howell showed a little something.

Finally, the part I really disagree with. Your take on Murray and especially Wilson is shortsighted in my eyes, and seemingly entirely based on 2022.

Murray has been a good QB for the Cardinals, maybe not #1 overall good, but he's been the least of their problems. The Cards problems were/are, a bum HC, a GM missing over and over, and the good core leaving or aging out, with no replacements. Just in the last 3 off seasons of Murray's career, the Cards have lost:

Christian Kirk
JJ Watt
Chandler Jones
Haasan Reddick
Patrick Peterson
Rodney Hudson
Justin Pugh

Not to mention possibly DeAndre Hopkins and Budda Baker. Who have they added in the meantime? Hollywood Brown, late career Zach Ertz and the corpse of AJ Green? The Cardinals have failed Kyler Murray a lot more than the other way around. But I would agree, if Arizona had it to do over, maybe they take Nick Bosa at #1 in 2019, but Murray hasn't been a bust by any means.

Russell Wilson on the other hand, was one of the 10 (probably 5) best players in the NFL for a decade. The idea that it was about the surrounding talent is silly. What surrounding talent? He played with tons of different guys around him, it wasn't like he latched onto some HOF who carried him, he was great whether he was throwing to Metcalf, Lockett, Baldwin, Tate, even Jermaine Kearse. If that's considered being carried by great surrounding talent, I'd be really curious about your thoughts on Joe Burrow, who has better than Wilson ever had. Yeah, maybe Wilson isn't that guy anymore, he's 34 after all, not everybody ages like Brady/Rodgers, but its also possible Hackett was the problem and Wilson gets back to being a top-10 QB with Payton.

I use Drew Brees as a ceiling for Bryce Young, but that's a ceiling. It unrealistic to expect any rookie at any position to be as good as Brees or Wilson were. That being said, my point is, size shouldn't be seen as a deterrent, and its becoming less and less of one as the rules favor the QBs more and more. Young has maybe the best play under pressure of any college QB I've ever seen, he's elite at reading defenses (seems like he sees just fine) and escaping defenders. He's got great accuracy and a good (not great) arm. His game really doesn't have a weakness beyond size, and while I understand there aren't a bunch of sub 6-foot QBs running around, there aren't many guys (in the NFL) that have Young's skill set.

@travdogg
Just the Wilson-silly comment...
You don't remember the Legion of Boom and B2B Super Bowls by Seattle before Russ Wilson was given a big chunk of change? Those 2 games were on his rookie deal-3rd Rd no less
To me that's silly to say Wilson had no talent around him, there was lots.
And as his salary continues to skyrocket the teams he leads miss the Playoffs more often

He's 34 like you said, I know people are real soft to Russ.
I don't consider him a Hall of Fame QB, I don't
We're not going to agree on Russ but that's Ok, not everyone has to like Russ and his brand of football.

5. Sea=Jalen Carter DT Georgia (6-3, 314, N/A) best trait-quickness, worst trait-balance. Comp Jeffery Simmons. Pete Carroll is Mr. 2nd chance, and Carter is the best DT prospect in maybe a decade.

I'll tell you why I don't think Seattle takes a bite on the forbidden fruit of talent vs character/work ethic. First, it's not just the car wreck that has his stock all over the map. His Georgia days were a lot of treadmill work, saying he needed to improve his conditioning only to never do that, practice habits lacking, coaches not getting through to him....etc etc. Pete is Mr 2nd chance - but only to guys that have competitive natures and love, eat, crap football. You can't buy someone work ethic with a 20mill signing bonus. At this stage it's there or it's not.

They took a stab at Malik McDowell who had work ethic concerns, he never played a down. Clark, Marshawn, Irvin, they all had some history - but all of them were all in for football. Carter shows up to mini-camp and can't participate because he can't pass the physical, and needs to ride the bike for 2 weeks....no matter how much ra ra Pete can do, it's game over right there.

A coach like Tomlin, Ryans, Belichek - they will break you down or stare you down until the light goes on. Or he needs his old teammate Jordan Davis to babysit him.

@travdogg
You don't remember the Legion of Boom and B2B Super Bowls by Seattle before Russ Wilson was given a big chunk of change? Those 2 games were on his rookie deal-3rd Rd no less
And as his salary continues to skyrocket the teams he leads miss the Playoffs more often

We're not going to agree on Russ but that's Ok, not everyone has to like Russ and his brand of football.

Defense and Lynch were 1a 1b for those teams....Russ wanted to be the guy and the division started around 2018 when GM scouted Josh Allen with thoughts of trading Russ to Cleveland for the 1st pick. Russ was all brand, wanted to be the show. Pete masked his fragile ego and put in game plans that worked for Russ....which became too obvious since he couldn't expand the playbook and the result was high sacks, not seeing the gimmie plays and essentially was hero ball all the time. Pete just installed Geno Smith and made him a pro-bowl player - for simply executing the playbook to it's full capacity!

Russ, good work with Childrens Hospital, great guy. All the best with Payton's offense - cuz he won't be tailoring it to make you comfortable.

@travdogg

2017 was the only season Wilson was Seattle's QB where they didn't make the playoffs, not counting 2021 where he missed a month.

Of course the defense was great, but Wilson wasn't carried by them or the running game. Wilson has a career passer rating over 100, even with last year's debacle. Even in this era, that's incredibly impressive for a career over a decade. Only Aaron Rodgers is higher, which isn't to say those are the top-2 best QB's by any means, but its great company to have.

I'd probably vote against HOF too, though I like him more than a few QBs in it. He's probably on par with a guy like Big Ben to me as far as quality of player.
@travdogg

Defense and Lynch were 1a 1b for those teams....Russ wanted to be the guy and the division started around 2018 when GM scouted Josh Allen with thoughts of trading Russ to Cleveland for the 1st pick. Russ was all brand, wanted to be the show. Pete masked his fragile ego and put in game plans that worked for Russ....which became too obvious since he couldn't expand the playbook and the result was high sacks, not seeing the gimmie plays and essentially was hero ball all the time. Pete just installed Geno Smith and made him a pro-bowl player - for simply executing the playbook to it's full capacity!

Russ, good work with Childrens Hospital, great guy. All the best with Payton's offense - cuz he won't be tailoring it to make you comfortable.
Russ carried the 2018-2020 teams that won 10-12 games every year. The defense wasn't really that good from 2016 onward.

My overall point is/was, if you take Bryce Young #1, and he has Russell Wilson's career, that is an excellent pick. Not saying that'll necessarily happen, but its on the higher end of realistic possibilities.

I am shocked no OL in the top 10. Seems like an odd situation but maybe there just aren't top 10 quality OL this year.

I am shocked no OL in the top 10. Seems like an odd situation but maybe there just aren't top 10 quality OL this year.
I think its more that there isn't really much separating them in the eyes of many/most.

I think Skoronski is top-10 worthy, but some teams hate OTs with shorter arms. So he likely needs a team that doesn't care about that or is desperate for OL help. I think his range is 8-13.

I think Houston would be dumb not to take a QB at 2. There will be a good edge rusher at 12. No guarantee Levis would be there anyway.

CHI has a lot of needs so they will go BPA at 9. They could go EDGE, DT, OT or CB.

That was pretty much my logic with GB, they just don't take WRs in round 1, and I think they feel Watson is a #1 for better or worse. Kincaid seems like a better fit to me.

Kinda feels like Indy will pass. I think if they do anything at QB, they'd trade for Lamar, and not with the #4 pick.

3 is way higher than I would go for Bijan, I thought about doing/adding a "what would I do" mock to this thread, but I think the NFL loves Bijan and he's considered can't miss, where even with RB meaning less than ever, he's going top-10, and Arizona is a team that needs a safe pick to start the new regime. Also, I think guys like Tyree Wilson and Jalen Carter are riskier picks, if probably more impactful players.
Another option for IND is to try and acquire Lance, which would be much cheaper than Lamar (but obviously higher risk)

If AZ loves Bijan, they should trade down to the 10-12 spot. No reason to take him at 3.

If AZ loves Bijan, they should trade down to the 10-12 spot. No reason to take him at 3.
Yeah, especially with so many teams needing QBs

I’m skeptical about the rumors of Stroud sliding to 10-11. He had an historic combine, and his peach bowl performance was the best of his career.

Even if Young is 1.01, I don’t see Stroud making it past 1.03, and if the Texans trade out of the 1.02 (which I also doubt) the team dealing up seems likely to be doing it for Stroud.

It’s crazy how many rumors have popped up in the last few days

Another option for IND is to try and acquire Lance, which would be much cheaper than Lamar (but obviously higher risk)

I'd be shocked if Bijan wasn't a top-10 pick at this point. Philly is his absolute floor. If Arizona doesn't take him at #3, I think Detroit, Atlanta, and Chicago are all in play.

Users who are viewing this thread