What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MLB 2013 Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Not gonna venture into the Shark Pool or Asst Coach place. Getting back into fantasy football this year. Keeper league is adding a couple teams, which means I get a pick of 3 keepers from players not kept or abandoned by previous teams or whatever. PPR league. Any suggestions on these guys? I barely even watch football so I am at a loss here.

Kaepernick ($20)

Dez ($35)

Demaryius ($31)

Amendola ($20)

Richardson ($43)

Spiller ($20)

Bush ($20)

Ivory ($20)

Ridley ($20)

Graham ($34)

Not gonna venture into the Shark Pool or Asst Coach place. Getting back into fantasy football this year. Keeper league is adding a couple teams, which means I get a pick of 3 keepers from players not kept or abandoned by previous teams or whatever. PPR league. Any suggestions on these guys? I barely even watch football so I am at a loss here.

Kaepernick ($20)

Dez ($35)

Demaryius ($31)

Amendola ($20)

Richardson ($43)

Spiller ($20)

Bush ($20)

Ivory ($20)

Ridley ($20)

Graham ($34)
I'd keep those two and then probably any of those three WRs.

Kaepernick ($20)

Dez ($35)

Demaryius ($31)

Amendola ($20)

Richardson ($43)

Spiller ($20)

Bush ($20)

Ivory ($20)

Ridley ($20)

Graham ($34)
I'd keep those two and then probably any of those three WRs.
Yup, and I'd keep Demariyus in the three WR choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Partial UCL tear for Harvey, shut down for the season. TJ surgery possible, no determination of course of action yet.

I know how you feel, Mets fans. But surgery or no, he'll be back in plenty of time to join the rotation when the Mets become playoff contenders again (thinking 2015).

Id rank him behind only Kershaw, Darvish, & Felix next year
I'd have a tough time putting him ahead of Greinke, Price, Scherzer, Strasburg, Wainwright, and maybe Lee
This is lunacy. Check his #s since June. Hes been better than Kershaw. Ill give you Price. Thats about it.
Come on. Sample sizes matter, as do opponents and home park (especially when you're dealing in small sample sizes).

Dan Haren has a 2.71 ERA and a 0.87 WHIP for the second half of the season. Is he a second round pick for you in 2014? Based on his numbers since June he would be.

I'd have a tough time putting him ahead of Greinke, Price, Scherzer, Strasburg, Wainwright, and maybe Lee
This is lunacy. Check his #s since June. Hes been better than Kershaw. Ill give you Price. Thats about it.
Come on. Sample sizes matter, as do opponents and home park (especially when you're dealing in small sample sizes).

Dan Haren has a 2.71 ERA and a 0.87 WHIP for the second half of the season. Is he a second round pick for you in 2014? Based on his numbers since June he would be.
The difference is, Fernandez's #s since June are a bigger sample size than his numbers from the rest of his career.

Drafting SP that early is always a risk/reward proposition. Fernandez has as much upside as anyone but comes with risks of sophomore slump, poor offensive support and innings limit,

I probably won't own him except for my Dynasty league but I can understand why people will take the chance on him.

The difference is, Fernandez's #s since June are a bigger sample size than his numbers from the rest of his career.
He also has an unsustainable .249 BABIP on the year, which will almost certainly change next year. And he's also faced incredibly weak lineups- he hasn't made a single start against the Braves all year and the other three teams in his division are 22nd, 24th and 27th in runs scored. The other teams he's faced more than once include the Twins (21st) and the Pirates (25th) (others are the Reds, Rockies, Dodgers and Cardinals). He'll avoid the Tigers even though his division is playing the AL Central in interleague, and he faced the Rays back in May when they sucked (although they still hit him). All of that also will almost certainly change next year.

Not saying he isn't great. He is great. I own him in my primary league, and love him to death. Just saying there are a LOT of reasons not to expect a repeat performance in 2014.

He also has an unsustainable .249 BABIP on the year, which will almost certainly change next year. And he's also faced incredibly weak lineups- he hasn't made a single start against the Braves all year and the other three teams in his division are 22nd, 24th and 27th in runs scored. The other teams he's faced more than once include the Twins (21st) and the Pirates (25th) (others are the Reds, Rockies, Dodgers and Cardinals). He'll avoid the Tigers even though his division is playing the AL Central in interleague, and he faced the Rays back in May when they sucked (although they still hit him). All of that also will almost certainly change next year.

Not saying he isn't great. He is great. I own him in my primary league, and love him to death. Just saying there are a LOT of reasons not to expect a repeat performance in 2014.
compared to a .231 BABIP for Kershaw. Also, last I checked he dominated the Rockies twice (#12), Dodgers twice (#15), Reds once (#13) & Cardinals (#3). He faces the Braves this week and I expect another monster game as usual. He also dominated the Indians to the tune of 14ks (#5 in runs scored)

compared to a .231 BABIP for Kershaw. Also, last I checked he dominated the Rockies twice (#12), Dodgers twice (#15), Reds once (#13) & Cardinals (#3). He faces the Braves this week and I expect another monster game as usual. He also dominated the Indians to the tune of 14ks (#5 in runs scored)
Also not sustainable. Kershaw also won't be as good next year as he's been this year.

Yes, he's very good and he often dominates, including occasionally against quality lineups. I'd put him in my Top 10 next year. But there's no question that he's faced a much weaker than normal schedule. I don't know how you can argue otherwise. Although you used his performance against the Reds as evidence in his favor even though he had a 5.73 ERA against them in two starts with 11 hits and 6 walks, so I guess if you're willing to ignore certain things you can argue almost anything.

Marlon Byrd was dealt to the Pirates this morning, Mets had a Marlon Byrd t-shirt giveaway tonight. That's how you take care of your fans. :thumbup:

pantagrapher said:
Anyone else think the new Yahoo! player pages look ####### awful?
I spent 5 minutes looking for a box score link yesterday. Finally gave up and went to MLB.com.

ETA: Can anyone find the link to the box score here? Took me a while.
The gray box that says box score?
I can see that with IE but when I looked earlier using Firefox, all I saw was a box that was empty except for the two team logos.

pantagrapher said:
I spent 5 minutes looking for a box score link yesterday. Finally gave up and went to MLB.com.

I can see that with IE but when I looked earlier using Firefox, all I saw was a box that was empty except for the two team logos.
Same deal in Safari. Hilarious that their big, ugly redesign is optimized for Explorer.

pantagrapher said:

Same deal in Safari. Hilarious that their big, ugly redesign is optimized for Explorer.
I get a completely different looking page when I access it via Chrome. Hopefully Marissa Mayer isn't a Braves or Indians fan.

pantagrapher said:

Holy #### is it horrible.
Someone's noticed that if you change ".com" to ".ca" you get the old page view. Also, Yahoo! is being deluged with complaints, so maybe they'll switch back.

Since the trade

Jake Peavy, 3-1, 3.13 ERA, .958 WHIP

Avisail Garcia, 354/386/494

Jose Iglesias, 294/348/365, top notch gold glove defense

Seems like a win/win/win. So far

Users who are viewing this thread