What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looks like another major news anchor is going down (1 Viewer)

Now he's eligible to run for POTUS. Remember Hillary's fabricated stories of dodging sniper fire with Sinbad?

That's pretty bad. He ran with that lie for a very, very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
More like his ratings going up.

I was out there with Geraldo in Afghanistan, he's the biggest piece of crap I ever met. Took off into the Afghan wilderness with no security team and the 10th Mountain Division had to scoop him up wasting like 100 guys who could have been killing the enemies of America. Williams lied, Geraldo put lives in danger. Never hear about that story though. He lied about being in a firefight in Kandahar on the same trip, that ####### made a deal with the devil. On par with those Al-Qaeda ####ers IMO.

Now Ted Kopel, now that guy was someone you could count on.

why does the article feel it's necessary to repeat facebook posts and article headlines?

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting someone, but who was the other "major news anchor" that went down? or was there more than one?

why does the article feel it's necessary to repeat facebook posts and article headlines?
I just deleted my post. I get what you're saying. Textually.
you read a facebook post and then the next paragraph tells you verbatim what the facebook post said. "thanks guys, I just read it. wtf?"

just a weird way to post a story. either leave the facebook post out or don't, but there's no need to post that content twice in a row.

you read a facebook post and then the next paragraph tells you verbatim what the facebook post said. "thanks guys, I just read it. wtf?"

just a weird way to post a story. either leave the facebook post out or don't, but there's no need to post that content twice in a row.
Yup. Once I went back and read it again, I caught what you were saying. Maybe to reach a broader audience, repetition makes for clearer understanding for those who would skip either pictures or text?

I dunno. :shrug:

:lol:

I don't know if its buzzfeed or the blogger who writes those articles.

I looked at his previous story and its the same format

“No scientific evidence exists showing vaccines are NOT contributing to increased incidence of chronic illness and disability in children,” one slide read.

and then the show a picture of the slide. They do that several times.

The facebook posts are PNG images. Not every device may pick those up.

I've always disliked Williams, and now I know why. What an a$$.

I've always disliked Williams, and now I know why. What an ###.
According to this site, Brian Williams is the 4th most "likable news media personality". Scott Pelley is most likeable and Chris Matthews is least.

According to this site, Brian Williams is the 4th most "likable news media personality". Scott Pelley is most likeable and Chris Matthews is least.
He's been there.

He'll be there.

Really? Still can't stand him. Didn't like Rather, either. Or Cronkite, which I know is heresy.

He's been there.

He'll be there.

Really? Still can't stand him. Didn't like Rather, either. Or Cronkite, which I know is heresy.
who do you like?

He's been there.

He'll be there.

who do you like?
Pelley is pretty good. I like David Muir. I really liked Peter Jennings. (Stupid cancer.)

It is a shame. I have always kind of liked Brian Williams. And though I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, how do you "conflate" two events with one of them involving your being shot down in a military aircraft. I mean...it just isn't a credible defense. Ugh.

Remember when Geraldo drew the map in the sand describing exactly where he & the Americans were... I think this was diuring the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

I was out there with Geraldo in Afghanistan, he's the biggest piece of crap I ever met. Took off into the Afghan wilderness with no security team and the 10th Mountain Division had to scoop him up wasting like 100 guys who could have been killing the enemies of America. Williams lied, Geraldo put lives in danger. Never hear about that story though. He lied about being in a firefight in Kandahar on the same trip, that ####### made a deal with the devil. On par with those Al-Qaeda ####ers IMO.

I don't know, Geraldo didn't have a lot of credibility to begin with, but I think his credibility/popularity tanked quite a bit after his war reporting, especially after he gave away troop positions live on tv.

I was out there with Geraldo JERRY RIVERS in Afghanistan, he's the biggest piece of crap I ever met. Took off into the Afghan wilderness with no security team and the 10th Mountain Division had to scoop him up wasting like 100 guys who could have been killing the enemies of America. Williams lied, Geraldo put lives in danger. Never hear about that story though. He lied about being in a firefight in Kandahar on the same trip, that ####### made a deal with the devil. On par with those Al-Qaeda ####ers IMO.

Yup. Once I went back and read it again, I caught what you were saying. Maybe to reach a broader audience, repetition makes for clearer understanding for those who would skip either pictures or text?

I dunno. :shrug:
Subtitles

Hi. I'm Brian Williams. My helicopter didn't get shot down by a RPG. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Col Trautman: Good luck son.

Rambo: Murdock said he was with the 2nd Battalion 3rd Marines at Kon Tum in '66.

Col Trautman: Yeah.

Rambo: The 2nd Battalion was at Kud Sank. You're the only one I trust.

This is a pretty bizarre lie. How can someone as high profile as Williams think you can continually repeat this false story without being called on it?

That's quite an explanation - misremembering. Like he's talking about what color socks he wore on Monday.
Liberals misremember a lot. It's their euphemism for "got busted lying like a SOB".
lol. Love people who can't look at anything without forcing it through their political filter first. I hope your party takes over and fixes everything!
Considering that everything the mainstream media puts out goes through their own political filter via their deeply incestuous relationship with the Democrat Party, why shouldn't any conscientious member of the American public do the same?

Users who are viewing this thread