What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OJ Simpson -- 20 years ago today. (1 Viewer)

BigSteelThrill

Footballguy
He put an end to.................. (wait for it) ................................ The Ford Bronco.

They dropped the name and it became the Ford Explorer.

I was visiting my uncle at the Firehouse when the news broke. Everyone watched it for hours. The locals and the city be damned.

Was reading about this the other day, time flies :kicksrock:

I was only 11 at the time and I remember this vividly... The screen going back and forth between the Knicks/Rockets and the chase.

I wonder if he'd be convicted today with the same evidence they had back then. It seems that dna and crime scene work is probably much more advanced now. The NBC show last night basically said that the evidence was so overwhelming in the prosecutions eyes that they didn't call all the witnesses they could have. He was acquitted because of the terrible relationship between the LA cops and blacks back then. I just wonder if the same result would occur today all else being equal except for modern crime scene techniques.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you imagine the coverage there would have been if twitter, facebook, instagram, etc were all around. And you thought it was crazy then.

By the way, a former roommate of mine and her boyfriend were the first to call the cops to let them know the bronco was driving up the fwy down in Mission Viejo, CA.

I was only 11 at the time and I remember this vividly... The screen going back and forth between the Knicks/Rockets and the chase.
Not sure it classified as a chase since the bronco was probably going 30 or 40 mph. I'm blown away how so much DNA evidence at the scene was ignored by the jury and all they wanted was revenge on whitey for the Rodney King fiasco. Also, that women who was a eyewitness seeing OJ leave the scene of the crime didn't even get to testify I believe and also that guy at the airport seeing OJ dispose of evidence wasn't even called to testify. It's obvious that anyone else would be in prison for murder. It turned into a black vs white thing with the public and that is sad. That trial set this country back a hundred years or more.

Not sure it classified as a chase since the bronco was probably going 30 or 40 mph. I'm blown away how so much DNA evidence at the scene was ignored by the jury and all they wanted was revenge on whitey for the Rodney King fiasco. Also, that women who was a eyewitness seeing OJ leave the scene of the crime didn't even get to testify I believe and also that guy at the airport seeing OJ dispose of evidence wasn't even called to testify. It's obvious that anyone else would be in prison right now. It turned into a black vs white thing with the public and that is sad. That trial set this country back a hundred years or more.
He is in prison. :IBTL:

Not sure it classified as a chase since the bronco was probably going 30 or 40 mph. I'm blown away how so much DNA evidence at the scene was ignored by the jury and all they wanted was revenge on whitey for the Rodney King fiasco. Also, that women who was a eyewitness seeing OJ leave the scene of the crime didn't even get to testify I believe and also that guy at the airport seeing OJ dispose of evidence wasn't even called to testify. It's obvious that anyone else would be in prison right now. It turned into a black vs white thing with the public and that is sad. That trial set this country back a hundred years or more.
true, but not for murder

true, but not for murder
Technically no, but id be shocked if he was in prison today had the murder not taken place.

true, but not for murder
Technically no, but id be shocked if he was in prison today had the murder not taken place.
IDK, this arguing semantics, but hopefully he never sees the light of day ever again.

The aspect of the whole thing that always interested me was Kardashian. Particularly the shots of him leaving OJs house with the garment bag, possibly containing the bloody clothes (my belief is that it did).

Then, you have Kardashian's initial reaction upon hearing the verdict. His face, to me, is that of "oh my god, what have we done?".

O.J. Simpson Verdict & Reaction: http://youtu.be/infLrZjJpNc

Are there any interviews with the jurors that let this murderer go?

Also, regarding the Jason theory. I've seen that doc and I don't have enough knowledge whether those facts are accurate, but I find it hard to believe that OJ would "wing it" taking the fall for his son not knowing whether or not he'd get the death penalty if found guilty.

The best quote I heard to sum up the trial result was "they framed a guilty man, and the jury was more focused on the framing than the question of guilt."

The aspect of the whole thing that always interested me was Kardashian. Particularly the shots of him leaving OJs house with the garment bag, possibly containing the bloody clothes (my belief is that it did).

Then, you have Kardashian's initial reaction upon hearing the verdict. His face, to me, is that of "oh my god, what have we done?".
If he were still alive he would say the same thing about his family's tv show.

Anybody have any good tales of what they netted during the subsequent rioting /looting?

If he were still alive he would say the same thing about his family's tv show.
Well, yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread