What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Soapless in Cincinnati (1 Viewer)

Postradamus

Footballguy
I've read articles, blogs and other sciency stuff saying that soap and shampoo doesn't really help your skin, it actually makes it worse. So starting today, I will no longer be using soap or shampoo for one month initially, then maybe beyond depending on results. Oh and no deodorant either. Now don't get me wrong, I hate hippies. I intend not to smell badly and will still be showering, but I will only be using tap water and a washcloth. Let's see how this goes.

Day 1

My hands are pretty dry after giving up on lotion too, I've read about an initial "normalizing" phase and some gobbety goop about pH levels evening out, so I'll chalk that up to that. No real smell after the shower. So far, so good. Hopefully my poops don't screw it up. I don't intend on heavy exercise today, maybe tomorrow. We'll see if any smells stick around.

Interesting. I think you'll be fine without soap or shampoo, but deodorant...that's a risk I wouldn't be willing to take.

I've read articles, blogs and other sciency stuff saying that soap and shampoo doesn't really help your skin, it actually makes it worse. So starting today, I will no longer be using soap or shampoo for one month initially, then maybe beyond depending on results. Oh and no deodorant either. Now don't get me wrong, I hate hippies. I intend not to smell badly and will still be showering, but I will only be using tap water and a washcloth. Let's see how this goes.Day 1 My hands are pretty dry after giving up on lotion too, I've read about an initial "normalizing" phase and some gobbety goop about pH levels evening out, so I'll chalk that up to that. No real smell after the shower. So far, so good. Hopefully my poops don't screw it up. I don't intend on heavy exercise today, maybe tomorrow. We'll see if any smells stick around.
I would think if you had dry skin, you could use something like olive oil. It won't impact the ph levels.

I've read articles, blogs and other sciency stuff saying that soap and shampoo doesn't really help your skin, it actually makes it worse. So starting today, I will no longer be using soap or shampoo for one month initially, then maybe beyond depending on results. Oh and no deodorant either. Now don't get me wrong, I hate hippies. I intend not to smell badly and will still be showering, but I will only be using tap water and a washcloth. Let's see how this goes.

Day 1

My hands are pretty dry after giving up on lotion too, I've read about an initial "normalizing" phase and some gobbety goop about pH levels evening out, so I'll chalk that up to that. No real smell after the shower. So far, so good. Hopefully my poops don't screw it up. I don't intend on heavy exercise today, maybe tomorrow. We'll see if any smells stick around.
I would think if you had dry skin, you could use something like olive oil. It won't impact the ph levels.
Hmm, I'll look into thatHere are some links that inspired me

http://freetheanimal.com/2010/12/a-most-su...ampoo-free.html

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/01/04/i-hav...sed-soap-i.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this was a research project designed to be able to identify the gullible based on smell.

I've read articles, blogs and other sciency stuff saying that soap and shampoo doesn't really help your skin, it actually makes it worse. So starting today, I will no longer be using soap or shampoo for one month initially, then maybe beyond depending on results. Oh and no deodorant either. Now don't get me wrong, I hate hippies. I intend not to smell badly and will still be showering, but I will only be using tap water and a washcloth. Let's see how this goes.Day 1 My hands are pretty dry after giving up on lotion too, I've read about an initial "normalizing" phase and some gobbety goop about pH levels evening out, so I'll chalk that up to that. No real smell after the shower. So far, so good. Hopefully my poops don't screw it up. I don't intend on heavy exercise today, maybe tomorrow. We'll see if any smells stick around.
He could use butter.

Interesting. I think you'll be fine without soap or shampoo, but deodorant...that's a risk I wouldn't be willing to take.
I'm not one to sweat without exercising for a while so pit stains have never really been a problem. The smell is one concern I'm having.

I have a shaved head. The shampoo ain't doing much anyways right now. Maybe if I grow it out I might be lucky enough to have lice. Still gonna try it out and see how it goes.

Silver water kills bacteria. That should work for deodorant. You can find the recipe online and make your own.

Day 1

So two people from the internet is what you're going on here?

Day 1

still :angry:

Day 1

This is a problem?

Day 1

This is a problem?
Neither one of the two people from the internet were you.

Silver water kills bacteria. That should work for deodorant. You can find the recipe online and make your own.
:lmao:
My family swears by this stuff. They drink it, spray it, use it on and for everything.Works good as scent blocker on hunting clothes. Seen a Manswers show where some European army issued silver threaded underwear for it's allweather gear resulting in underwear that only had to be changed every few months.Invest in a good bar of silver to use as soap I guess. Don't drink too much or you'll literally turn blue.

My family swears by this stuff. They drink it, spray it, use it on and for everything.Works good as scent blocker on hunting clothes. Seen a Manswers show where some European army issued silver threaded underwear for it's allweather gear resulting in underwear that only had to be changed every few months.Invest in a good bar of silver to use as soap I guess. Don't drink too much or you'll literally turn blue.
WTF?

What do you do for a living? If I was your boss, I would not be ok with you not using soap to wash your hands.

My family swears by this stuff. They drink it, spray it, use it on and for everything.Works good as scent blocker on hunting clothes. Seen a Manswers show where some European army issued silver threaded underwear for it's allweather gear resulting in underwear that only had to be changed every few months.

Invest in a good bar of silver to use as soap I guess.

Don't drink too much or you'll literally turn blue.
WTF?
It will turn you into Papa Smurf

Users who are viewing this thread