What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jarrett Boykin: Anything to see here? (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
Boykin has been moving up the adp chart of late with the likes of Evan Silva among other "experts" talking him up. His backers are saying that he will be getting the looks that James Jones got in the past + will benefit from the Packers not having an impact te.

Anybody here think Boykin could have an impact in 2014?

Last edited by a moderator:
Any receiver in an elite passing attack should be looked at closely. He was on my must-have list this year in drafts because of the moderate production he will have any given week and the upside he possesses if injury occurs above him.

Any receiver in an elite passing attack should be looked at closely. He was on my must-have list this year in drafts because of the moderate production he will have any given week and the upside he possesses if injury occurs above him.
Would you say he was more or less valuable than one of the high upside TEs, like Kelce, Green or Ertz?

Deeper leagues he may be worth a roster spot. Or leagues with deeper benches where you can hold a guy thinking Nelson or Cobb may get hurt.

I don't suspect he will be consistent enough...but could work as a bye week filler unless an injury happens.

Depends what you need. He will be on the field a lot buy is at best the 4th option. I contemplated between him and Pitta in a non-te league and went with Pitta for the safe points. Boykin is a #5 wr with upside

Something to think about for dynasty purposes is that Cobb is in the last year of his rookie contract. The Packers already paid up for Jordy, and may not want to tie up a lot of coin in Cobb as well.

He's yet another one of these guys where one week Roto world is saying how he is falling down the depth charts and is "just a guy", then the next week the coaches are saying how they love him and he's a big part of their plans.

I have him in a couple of leagues and will probably be in my lineups until he proves he can't score in that offense. Silly Roto world.

so wtf happened with this guy? he seemed like a bargain considering jones and finley were gone. no targets tho. none for davante either. are cobb and nelson gonna just go for 120 catches each?

I wouldn't read too much into this game. Seattle's defense is off the charts good. Boykin will be a solid #3 wr

Umm...they pretty much just put him over by Sherman and never looked his way all night.

Still just a bye week filler at best...won't be consistent and needs an injury ahead of him to be relevant.

I wouldn't read too much into this game. Seattle's defense is off the charts good. Boykin will be a solid #3 wr
I also wouldn't read much into any game since a similar thing happened to James Jones last year:

Week 1: 0

Week 2: 11/178

so wtf happened with this guy? he seemed like a bargain considering jones and finley were gone. no targets tho. none for davante either. are cobb and nelson gonna just go for 120 catches each?
Sherman stays on one side of the field so the Packers left their third best wide receiver over on that side and used Jordy and Cobb instead. That won't always happen, but even in a great offense the WR3 is going to have bad games.

Sherman stays on one side of the field so the Packers left their third best wide receiver over on that side and used Jordy and Cobb instead. That won't always happen, but even in a great offense the WR3 is going to have bad games.
I am definitely buying low. Clearly the Packers game-planned for Boykin to hog up Sherman's coverage, as Collinsworth pointed out frequently.

I am definitely buying low. Clearly the Packers game-planned for Boykin to hog up Sherman's coverage, as Collinsworth pointed out frequently.
He'll surely have some big games. I think its a great opportunity to buy low.

I also wouldn't read much into any game since a similar thing happened to James Jones last year:

Week 1: 0

Week 2: 11/178
good post just don't know if Boykin is that good.... Being a wr3 isn't terrible in that offense but He may just be a scrub. We will see, def 1 game isn't enough to end all be all but you made a good point!

Problem is trying to figure out when that is. That said, I agree it's hard to make a judgment based on the Sherman effect. The lack of a viable TE threat with Finley gone should open up more looks for Boykin.

Sherman was on him the entire game and Boykin was never looked at once. I would read zero into this, other than the fact that now is a great time to pick Boykin up off waivers. Yeah, he's not a top 20 wr currently, but he was on the field the entire game.

He's a solid flex against most teams and moves up to top 20 status anytime one of the top two wr's get hurt.

Problem is trying to figure out when that is. That said, I agree it's hard to make a judgment based on the Sherman effect. The lack of a viable TE threat with Finley gone should open up more looks for Boykin.
Sure. He's really just depth/bye week filler. Starting him every week isn't a great option unless you have some injuries or the Packers have some injuries.

true, and you know Jordy and Randall are made of glass. Only a few more weeks to Randle cobb may be eating corn on the cobb in his living room... He seems fragile to me... Very interesting player if Cobb does indeed go down like I predict. We'll see

Pretty sure he had one reception at least but I think it was negated by a penalty. Offensive holding or something. It was pretty early in the game. But I could be mistaken. Just goes to show, Sherman aint no joke. That's a compliment if Aaron Rodgers won't even test you.

Sure. He's really just depth/bye week filler. Starting him every week isn't a great option unless you have some injuries or the Packers have some injuries.
The other thing would make me a little nervous is that Green Bay clearly was content to throw Boykin to the dogs (or Sherman, in this case) to maximize Jordy. If this is going to be their MO whenever they play teams with a good corner to iso Jordy, that doesn't necessarily bode well for Boykin.

The other thing would make me a little nervous is that Green Bay clearly was content to throw Boykin to the dogs (or Sherman, in this case) to maximize Jordy. If this is going to be their MO whenever they play teams with a good corner to iso Jordy, that doesn't necessarily bode well for Boykin.
But not every team keeps their top corner on the right side of the offense the whole game. Some teams have their best corner shadow their opponent's top receiver.

what other teams have shut down corners that stick to one side of the field?

But not every team keeps their top corner on the right side of the offense the whole game. Some teams have their best corner shadow their opponent's top receiver.
True. And honestly, I'm not sure which defenses keep their corners on one side and which ones move them. I know the Bears would usually rotate Tillman (especially against Calvin Johnson and the Lions). Not sure which other teams might keep them home. And it really only makes a difference when one corner is decently superior to the other in coverage.

Not saying it's a major reason - just another one.

Thoughts after Boykin apparently being passed by Adams this week?

I have him in 2 dynasty leagues and probably going to drop him for sure in the 1 that I have Adams as well.

Thoughts after Boykin apparently being passed by Adams this week?

I have him in 2 dynasty leagues and probably going to drop him for sure in the 1 that I have Adams as well.
Local media said Adams really started coming on the last couple weeks of TC. He looked pretty good yesterday as well. I don't know the snap counts from yesterday, but if he is indeed ahead of Boykin already, that doesn't bode well for Boykin going forward.

Man, I was fairly high on Boykin but Im cutting bait. Adams already looking like he's moved ahead of him, and basically wasting a bench spot on the hopes Jordy or Cobb get hurt doesnt make a lot of sense.

I actually able drop Boykin today for Nicks since Indy hasnt played yet. Works for me.

Thu, Sep 18

Coach Mike McCarthy said WR Davante Adams has "earned opportunities" and produced.

Advice: McCarthy declined to name Adams his new starter opposite Jordy Nelson, but it appears we're eventually heading in that direction. After a Jarrett Boykin red-zone drop in Week 2, Adams came on and shined with a 5-50-0 line on seven targets and 37 snaps. As the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel says, Boykin is "steady" but Adams can "stress a defense." The second-round rookie is the one to stash as the potential home run if he can fully pass Boykin. As for this week's potential shootout with the Lions, expect a rotation.

More: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

(Rotoworld.com)

Signed by Bills
Hope he blocks well.
What's this mean? Did he whiff on a block on a well known play?

Or you just don't figure he'll get any love as a WR there?

There's more Boykin threads. I just recalled the name and threads here so I bumped this.

I think Woods has proven to be unspecial and Harvin seems done, out of place out of sorts.

A futures contract is about a camp invite and nothing where the team is planning on the guy but he has a chance and IMO the Bills have a need. They could draft someone and sign a free agent, but today I think Boykin picked a good spot to have a fighting chance. On some teams, he'd be a camp body and cut before week one.

Users who are viewing this thread