What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you more liberal or conservative? (2 Viewers)

Which way do you lean politically?

• liberal

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • conservative

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
Fiscal conservative, social liberal. What does that make me?
No clue. I see claims made about this board being more conservative and liberal. Why make claims when you can just collect some data and try to answer the question instead of speculating. The couple of other boards I frequent are WAY more conservative than liberal. This one always strikes me as fairly balanced. That said, there will always be extreme morons on both sides that make ridiculous claims. I figure the best way to combat that lunacy is with polls that show just how wrong they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
radical centrist, me - some times that averages out liberal, sometimes conservative. if we'd stop choosing teams, i think you'd find that most people are conservative til their own are taken care of and then, when properly reminded, as liberal as they can afford to be.

null vote

I refuse to vote in any more of these redundant polls. I used to think it was harmless, but I've seen it fracture our country into a false dichotomy that has done more damage than good.

I'm still liberal, but I have to say, that HBO documentary on Barry Goldwater was really an eye opener for me. If most conservatives were like that, we could all get along a lot better. There's just a lot of room to come to an understanding. It's the social conservatives that I have and think will always have a problem with.

I'm still liberal, but I have to say, that HBO documentary on Barry Goldwater was really an eye opener for me. If most conservatives were like that, we could all get along a lot better. There's just a lot of room to come to an understanding. It's the social conservatives that I have and think will always have a problem with.
If Barry Goldwater is the litmus test for a good Republican...then where do I turn in my card.

Darth Cheney said:
Pretty much......but much like FDR.....the severity of my involvement in people's fiscal business depends on the state of the overall health of the country.
FDR advocated government price-fixing on an almost Soviet-style level. He was also responsible for our dysfunctional Social Security system that is impossible to reform no matter how the economy is doing.

***UNNECESSARY POLITICAL THREAD VIOLATION ALERT***

THIS IS AN UNNECESSARY POLITICAL THREAD VIOLATION ALERT FOR THE FREE FOR ALL AT FOOTBALLGUYS. POSTERS AND THEIR ALIASES ARE ADVISED THAT THERE IS YET ANOTHER UNNECESSARY POLITICAL THREAD IN THE AREA. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THESE THREADS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CLUTTER THE BOARD AND CLICKING THESE THREADS OFTEN INSPIRES RAGE, ANGER, AND FRUSTRATION THAT THE POLITICAL POSTERS CANNOT KEEP THEIR INFORMATION IN ONE THREAD OR RAGE, ANGER, AND FRUSTRATION AT THE LEADERS AT FOOTBALLGUYS FOR NOT CREATING A MUCH-NEEDED POLITICAL FORUM. POSTERS AND THEIR ALIASES ARE BEING ADVISED THAT ONE DAY, THESE THREADS WILL HAVE THEIR OWN PLACE, BUT UNTIL THEN, SEEK SHELTER AND WAIT UNTIL THESE THREADS ARE CLEARED.

THESE ALERTS WILL EXPIRE WHEN A SEPERATE POLITICAL FORUM IS CREATED.

BTW, I voted conservative.

I guess more conservative....

smaller government :thumbdown:

lower taxes :thumbup:

death penalty :thumbup:

guns :thumbup:

gay marraige :thumbup:

abortion :thumbup:

decriminalize marijuana :thumbup:

stem cells reasearch :thumbup:

smoking ban :thumbup:

Foreign policy... probably not a good one, but I'm an #######. I'm sick of us giving and giving and hearing everyone ##### about us. I'd slap my hands together, show them to everyone and say I'm out. Our money would be spent here on our problems.. have fun with your AIDS, no food, and no water Africa... and our troops would be here unless someone was invading an ally.

Drill for the oil.. we have plenty here to get us by while we spend the billions, that we normally give to rest of the world, researching alternatives.

vote for me :unsure:

:lmao:

smaller government :popcorn:

death penalty :thumbup:

guns :thumbup:

Foreign policy... probably not a good one, but I'm an #######. I'm sick of us giving and giving and hearing everyone ##### about us. I'd slap my hands together, show them to everyone and say I'm out. Our money would be spent here on our problems.. have fun with your AIDS, no food, and no water Africa... and our troops would be here unless someone was invading an ally.

Drill for the oil.. we have plenty here to get us by while we spend the billions, that we normally give to rest of the world, researching alternatives.

If you ran they'd be calling you a RINO.

Socially liberal, although it's actually libertarian. It what you do isn't hurting anyone then it shouldn't be against the law.

Fiscally centrist - I believe the government has a responsibility to ensure the proper functioning of the country, but I also believe in reducing the debt and if that means cutting programs then do it.

***UNNECESSARY POLITICAL THREAD VIOLATION ALERT***

THIS IS AN UNNECESSARY POLITICAL THREAD VIOLATION ALERT FOR THE FREE FOR ALL AT FOOTBALLGUYS. POSTERS AND THEIR ALIASES ARE ADVISED THAT THERE IS YET ANOTHER UNNECESSARY POLITICAL THREAD IN THE AREA. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THESE THREADS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CLUTTER THE BOARD AND CLICKING THESE THREADS OFTEN INSPIRES RAGE, ANGER, AND FRUSTRATION THAT THE POLITICAL POSTERS CANNOT KEEP THEIR INFORMATION IN ONE THREAD OR RAGE, ANGER, AND FRUSTRATION AT THE LEADERS AT FOOTBALLGUYS FOR NOT CREATING A MUCH-NEEDED POLITICAL FORUM. POSTERS AND THEIR ALIASES ARE BEING ADVISED THAT ONE DAY, THESE THREADS WILL HAVE THEIR OWN PLACE, BUT UNTIL THEN, SEEK SHELTER AND WAIT UNTIL THESE THREADS ARE CLEARED.

THESE ALERTS WILL EXPIRE WHEN A SEPERATE POLITICAL FORUM IS CREATED.

BTW, I voted conservative.
You forgot the :thumbup:

I guess more conservative....smaller government :goodposting: lower taxes :lmao: death penalty :thumbup: guns :thumbup: gay marraige :thumbup: abortion :thumbup: decriminalize marijuana :thumbup: stem cells reasearch :thumbup: smoking ban :thumbup: Foreign policy... probably not a good one, but I'm an #######. I'm sick of us giving and giving and hearing everyone ##### about us. I'd slap my hands together, show them to everyone and say I'm out. Our money would be spent here on our problems.. have fun with your AIDS, no food, and no water Africa... and our troops would be here unless someone was invading an ally.Drill for the oil.. we have plenty here to get us by while we spend the billions, that we normally give to rest of the world, researching alternatives.vote for me :unsure:
:hifive: I'll be your veep.

Rayderr said:
Hi Rayderr,This is the answer that always comes up. But can you unpack it some? I'm not sure you can separate the two. Many socially liberal programs cost money. Some a lot of money. How does that reconcile with being fiscally conservative?J

Many socially liberal programs cost money. Some a lot of money. How does that reconcile with being fiscally conservative?
People want things, but don't want to play for them? Is this what you're hinting at? Or perhaps you weren't hinting at all and I'm interpreting you incorrectly.EDIT: Another thought. Maybe the "socially liberal" aspect refers to personal freedoms. Stuff like gay marriage, abortion, etc that don't have a large economic impact on the rest of society. Let people do what they want as long as I don't have to pay for it. Am I close?

null vote

The words are virtually meaningless at this point - I've got opinions on an issue by issue basis that add up to not really jiving with one well identified mind set anyway. I'm really sick of partisan politics.

I guess more conservative....smaller government :coffee: lower taxes :lmao: death penalty :lmao: guns :lmao: gay marraige :thumbup: abortion :thumbup: decriminalize marijuana :thumbup: stem cells reasearch :thumbup: smoking ban :thumbup: Foreign policy... probably not a good one, but I'm an #######. I'm sick of us giving and giving and hearing everyone ##### about us. I'd slap my hands together, show them to everyone and say I'm out. Our money would be spent here on our problems.. have fun with your AIDS, no food, and no water Africa... and our troops would be here unless someone was invading an ally.Drill for the oil.. we have plenty here to get us by while we spend the billions, that we normally give to rest of the world, researching alternatives.vote for me :unsure:
That about sums it up for me too.

flawed...

i'm a fiscal conservative but more liberal socially ( i have no problem with gay marriage/civil union, think beer should be sold on sunday, the war on drugs is a farce, churches should be taxed, for a flat/fair tax vs what we have now, etc.), a big believer in civil rights and the constitution. a cross of ron paul, obama and rr sounds good to me. i'm a registered republican and i support the impeachment of bush/cheney - those ####ers should be in jail... (and so should bill clinton)... putting a president in jail would be a good thing - no one is above the law. it might straighten up the rest of those ####ers...

Rayderr said:
Hi Rayderr,This is the answer that always comes up. But can you unpack it some? I'm not sure you can separate the two. Many socially liberal programs cost money. Some a lot of money. How does that reconcile with being fiscally conservative?J
I consider being socially liberal to mean you believe in freedom, not believing in social programs. I'm not a fan of programs that encourage laziness (like welfare) but do support free education to help people get better jobs and provide for themselves.

Not sure...you tell me:

Legalize IT

Ban Gay Marriage

Legalize Prostitution

Boot out all the Illegals

Allow the States to decide on Abortion or not

States Rights vs Our Current Big Gov't

Flat Tax either Payroll or Sales...either way...one simple tax for everyone to pay and understand

Guns, Guns and More Guns...Open Carry for everyone

Those are some of the main things I'd like to see addressed...

Not sure...you tell me:Legalize ITBan Gay MarriageLegalize ProstitutionBoot out all the IllegalsAllow the States to decide on Abortion or notStates Rights vs Our Current Big Gov'tFlat Tax either Payroll or Sales...either way...one simple tax for everyone to pay and understandGuns, Guns and More Guns...Open Carry for everyoneThose are some of the main things I'd like to see addressed...
Why do you want to ban gay marriage?

Not sure...you tell me:Legalize ITBan Gay MarriageLegalize ProstitutionBoot out all the IllegalsAllow the States to decide on Abortion or notStates Rights vs Our Current Big Gov'tFlat Tax either Payroll or Sales...either way...one simple tax for everyone to pay and understandGuns, Guns and More Guns...Open Carry for everyoneThose are some of the main things I'd like to see addressed...
Why do you want to ban gay marriage?
Sorry...I meant to say "Boot out all the illegals...and gays."

Rayderr said:
I consider being socially liberal to mean you believe in freedom, not believing in social programs. I'm not a fan of programs that encourage laziness (like welfare) but do support free education to help people get better jobs and provide for themselves.
That's pretty much it.I'm all for gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research, legalizing drugs and prostitution (in an Amsterdam Red Light District sort of way.) I'm fine with welfare programs provided that they are more than just free handouts (i.e. include job training and placement) and that there is a harsh crackdown on abuses (I actually went on a date with one girl who was on disability because an ankle injury prevented her from standing for several hours. So instead of just telling her "get a desk job" they sent her a check each month) I'm against universal healthcare, yet think something needs to be done to pull back costs (about 3 years ago, I broke my collarbone, Ambulance ride, X-ray, Doctor saying "Yup, it's broken" and giving me a $5 arm sling cost $3000.)

I voted liberal, but I'm more center-left. Socially, I'm liberal. Economically moderate. Foreign relations- hawkish, usuually side with the GOP. Former registered Democrat who is now unaffiliated due to the far leftward drift of the Democratic party in dealing with tyrants and despots. Feel the UN has become an ideological abstraction. Very skeptical of the UNs ability to actually DO anything to combat genocidal/terrorist activity other than talk about how terrible it is.

I wish the Democratic party would view the world from a JFK-LBJ type of vantagepoint: Committment to equality and social freedom at home, with economic policies that truly help the middle class and marginalized groups, while remaining steadfast in confronting America's enemies abroad, even if that means bucking the UNs tendency to continously placate rouge regimes. Military force is sometimes neccessary and I include Iraq, and in all probability, Iran in the near future in that equation.

Rayderr said:
Is it really necessary to pigeon hole the Rayderr to one or the other?

generally liberal, but I would love some more stringent checks and balances for welfare type programs. Seen many abuses and I have no interest paying for lazy jackholes trying to milk the system. I believe that no one should fall through the cracks, and programs should be in place to help anyone who is willing to try and help themselves. The moment you rely soley on the government to provide for you (providing you are physically/mentally able to work), you become a detriment to the system.

smaller government :excited:

death penalty :pickle:

guns :pickle:

Unless I'm completely clueless, don't these two statements contradict each other?

Users who are viewing this thread