What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which work schedule would you prefer - 30 minute commute one way or less (1 Viewer)

Which work schedule would you prefer - assume 30 minute commute or less

• Regular five 8 hour days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9/80 -- 44 hours one week , 36 the next - off every other Friday

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • 4-10s --- off every Friday

Votes: 29 74.4%

• Total voters

belljr

Footballguy
Which work schedule would you prefer?

Note: You have a 30 minute lunch but its a liberal 30

WHY CAN't WE DO MULTIPLE QUESTIONS IN ONE POLL

ASSUME REGULAR DESK WORK - very little to no OT

Last edited:
This is the first time where I'd go for the 4-10's.

Still at least having the option to do something on a weekday evening is important enough that I'd need to be home by 6:30. Getting home at like 7 and it feels like the whole evening is gone.

This is the first time where I'd go for the 4-10's.

Still at least having the option to do something on a weekday evening is important enough that I'd need to be home by 6:30. Getting home at like 7 and it feels like the whole evening is gone.
Ftr I work 7-530

I basically work the 3rd option. We’re 35 hour work week so I work 7-4:15 M-Th. Off every Friday, with the option of WFH one day a week (I’m 20 minutes from the office so I don’t normally WFH since it’s easier to just go in).

I can barely stomach an 8-hour day. No way I'd want 4 consecutive 10-hour days, even if I got off Fridays. Half those Fridays I'd just be sitting around the house anyways.

Voted for the 2nd option, where at least you're hovering around the normal 40-hour work week, and have the benefit of every other Friday off to do whatever you want.

Surprised this poll is where it's at vote-wise, to be honest.

We have these options although the 4x10 is generally not encouraged.

I do the second option over the summer with every other Wednesday off. That’s been a great day to take the kids to the water park or do whatever we want. I’ll probably revert back to straight 8’s in October, mostly so I can get some daylight every day. I could just take a slightly longer lunch, which is an option I’m considering.

Currently telework 3 days/week and I have never been denied a day off when I ask. I currently get 6 regular leave hours per pay period (+4 free) to take each year plus 104 medical hours, and I generally get another 24 hours comp leave added between January-March (my busy season). I keep my medical but that’s still 180 hours / 20 days plus federal holidays to take.

Last edited:

I do the second option over the summer with every other Wednesday off. That’s been a great day to take the kids to the water park or do whatever we want. I’ll probably revert back to straight 8’s in October, mostly so I can get some daylight every day. I could just take a slightly longer lunch, which is an option I’m considering.

Currently telework 3 days/week and I have never been denied a day off when I ask. I currently get 156 regular leave hours to take each year plus 104 medical hours, and I generally get another 24 hours comp leave added between January-March (my busy season). I keep my medical but that’s still 180 hours / 20 days plus federal holidays to take.
You actually get 160 hours ;)

Currently telework 3 days/week and I have never been denied a day off when I ask. I currently get 156 regular leave hours to take each year plus 104 medical hours, and I generally get another 24 hours comp leave added between January-March (my busy season). I keep my medical but that’s still 180 hours / 20 days plus federal holidays to take.
I keep forgetting about those 4 additional. 6 per pay period, I’m still not sure why we get an additional 4.

I keep forgetting about those 4 additional. 6 per pay period, I’m still not sure why we get an additional 4.
To make it an even 20 days (based off 8 hour days)

Users who are viewing this thread