What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obama: Worst President Ever? (1 Viewer)

Worst ever?

• Yes

Votes: 134 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 236 63.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably better than Carter, Johnson, Nixon, and Ford. We had some pretty bad ones in my lifetime.

I'm pretty sure if we have this poll,( insert whoever is elected 2 years after the 2016 election) and we'll have the exact same results.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's laughable to include Obama in the discussion as worst ever. The discussion of worst ever includes Wilson, Nixon, Fillmore, Pierce, Johnson, and Harding. My vote goes to Harding.

Andrew Johnson is in the running too.

This is a country for white men, and by God, as long as I am President, it shall be a government for white men."
-- Andrew Johnson, 1866

GWB locked this one up years ago
What did Obama do that was much different than Bush?
Killed Bin Laden, turned the stock market around, saved the auto industry and revitalized housing prices. He also legalized weed, permitted gays to serve openly in our military and has not blocked the rights of gays to marry each other.
I am certain TARP is what termed the stock around. I am not sure how anyone could attribute any policy that Obama implemented to have any impact on something that started just a couple of months into his presidency. If you looked at what turned the stock market around it was directly related to the balance sheets of banks being stronger than expected.

What did James K. Polk ever do for us?
In 1844, the Democrats were split

The three nominees for the presidential candidate

Were Martin Van Buren, a former President and an abolitionist

James Buchanan, a moderate Louis Cass, a general and expansionist

From Nashville came a dark horse riding up

He was James K. Polk, Napoleon of the Stump

Austere, severe, he held few people dear

His oratory filled his foes with fear

The factions soon agreed he's just the man we need

To bring about victory fulfill our manifest destiny

And annex the land the Mexicans command

And when the vote was cast the winner was

Mister James K. Polk, Napoleon of the Stump

In four short years he met his every goal

He seized the whole southwest from Mexico

Made sure the tariffs fell

And made the English sell the Oregon territory

He built an independent treasury

Having done all this he sought no second term

But precious few have mourned the passing of

Mister James K. Polk, our eleventh President

Young Hickory, Napoleon of the Stump

It's laughable to include Obama in the discussion as worst ever. The discussion of worst ever includes Wilson, Nixon, Fillmore, Pierce, Johnson, and Harding. My vote goes to Harding.
No mention of Hoover? Guy was partially responsible for the Great Depression.
Yup, honorable mention considering the other guys on my list either made policies that directly led to the civil war, were bigots, brought the US close to a dictatorship, or was known best as having been a great poker player.

Being partially responsible for the Depression is really bad, but gets an honorable mention in comparison.

Obama's starting to look pretty good though, isn't he?

Killed Bin Laden, turned the stock market around, saved the auto industry and revitalized housing prices. He also legalized weed, permitted gays to serve openly in our military and has not blocked the rights of gays to marry each other.
Also didn't start a major war on false pretense which killed thousands of Americans for little benefit and caused us to plunge into massive debt, so there's that.

Middle of the road right now. George H.W. Bush, with a second term.

How effective the ACA turns out to be in bending the cost curve in Healthcare and how much credit he picks up for the social change taking place during his Presidency will define his long-term standing.

I am certain TARP is what termed the stock around. I am not sure how anyone could attribute any policy that Obama implemented to have any impact on something that started just a couple of months into his presidency. If you looked at what turned the stock market around it was directly related to the balance sheets of banks being stronger than expected.
Low inflation rates have played their part. But, if we're going to pin bad markets on presidents we need to do the same when markets/indices set records. For sure, Bush saw that in his presidency, but when he vacated office, where was the Dow and where is it now? Hate the Dow? Me too....S&P January 1, 2009: 968.68. S&P today: 1864. Hand it to the man, man.

1. James Buchanan

2. Warren G Harding

3. George W. Bush

4. Jimmy Carter

Honestly Obama doesn't come close to being either the best or the worst. He is slightly above average so far. But we may have yet to see his defining moments.

James Buchanan is also usually high on the lists I've seen before.

Obama will be on money someday and there will be a huge memorial in DC for him someday as well. I hope I live to see it. Even the great ones like FDR, etc. had partisans screaming how bad they were.

Yup, honorable mention considering the other guys on my list either made policies that directly led to the civil war, were bigots, brought the US close to a dictatorship, or was known best as having been a great poker player.

Being partially responsible for the Depression is really bad, but gets an honorable mention in comparison.

But you also left off Buchanon, whom history scholars almost always cite as one of the worst. :lmao:

TARP was probably the most important economic policy implemented in the 20th century. If anything, Bush was the reason there was no depression.

Obama will be on money someday and there will be a huge memorial in DC for him someday as well. I hope I live to see it. Even the great ones like FDR, etc. had partisans screaming how bad they were.
:thumbsup:

But you also left off Buchanon, whom history scholars almost always cite as one of the worst. :lmao:
That was an oversight. Of course the dude who basically caused the civil war belongs on the list.

He could have been worse.

As it is, he hasn't done much and that's probably just what the country needed for his first term. It's hopeless to think he'll focus like a laser on jobs and the economy now so it'll be just more of the same until 2016. Let's not forget the inept Congress too. Both sides have failed us. No leadership anywhere in Washington. Lost decade.

TARP was probably the most important economic policy implemented in the 20th century. If anything, Bush was the reason there was no depression.
Okay, then that helps elevate Bush from the bottom run as being one of the worst presidents - which is where I personally rank him - but what has Obama done to screw that up? We're nearly 6 years removed from TARP and many of us are far better off financially than we were when Bush left office. Thanks Bush AND Obama?

He could have been worse.

As it is, he hasn't done much and that's probably just what the country needed for his first term. It's hopeless to think he'll focus like a laser on jobs and the economy now so it'll be just more of the same until 2016. Let's not forget the inept Congress too. Both sides have failed us. No leadership anywhere in Washington. Lost decade.
LEGALIZED WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED............ARE YOU NUTS????? LOST DECADE? I DON'T HAVE TO HIDE MY POT ANYMORE!

No, LBJ is the worst president we've had. Schlzm
Not true. Vietnam was a disaster, but LBJ was considered the one most responsible for getting The Civil Rights Bill of 1964 passed, using the bully pulpit as President combined with his former experience of being a legislator.

Because fawning adoration is what makes a great President?

It's thinking like this that got Obama a Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Low inflation rates have played their part. But, if we're going to pin bad markets on presidents we need to do the same when markets/indices set records. For sure, Bush saw that in his presidency, but when he vacated office, where was the Dow and where is it now? Hate the Dow? Me too....S&P January 1, 2009: 968.68. S&P today: 1864. Hand it to the man, man.
You are confusing time frames with policy. Obama just happen to enter office during a huge scare in the market. The scare was eased as a direct result of what Bush implemented. At the time the market started to bounce back strongly, nothing Obama did had any impact yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread