What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why was Kobe the unquestioned Alpha on the Lakers 2 most recent champi (1 Viewer)

Niles Standish

Footballguy
I don't watch a lot of Lakers games. I don't like them and I don't like Kobe. I know he chucks a lot of shots and is one of the better players of the last generation. With only Shaq/Duncan and maybe Garnett better (LeBron is a different generation IMO then again Shaq might be too).

But, why is he 100% considered the alpha on those 2 recent championships? Gasol was always tops on the team in Win Shares. And as a big man he can have a much bigger impact than a guard defensively. Just curious. People watching seem to think Kobe was much better so I'd imagine it's probably true and the advanced stats are wrong in this case.

Why lock? Honest question. To be fair I don't like Gasol either. And historically Kobe's a better player. Just curious why advanced stats are off in this case. What are they missing?

Users who are viewing this thread