What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick is an idiot (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
From rotoworld:

Michael Vick tests positive for marijuana

Vick

Michael Vick tested positive for marijuana in a urine sample submitted to the courts on September 13.

Vick will now face stricter conditions regarding his release before a pretrial hearing. This can't help his chances of returning to the NFL sooner than later. Vick is currently being held on home confinement. A judge has ordered Vick to participate in a substance therapy program and mental counseling. Sep. 26 - 1:14 pm et

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

How stupid is that? You know they are testing, and you are under increased scrutiny!! This will really impress the judge at sentencing.

I don't know that it will have a huge effect on how the judge doles out his sentence, but it might have an influence on Goodell's decision. Further decreasing his chance of ever playing again.

I don't know that it will have a huge effect on how the judge doles out his sentence, but it might have an influence on Goodell's decision. Further decreasing his chance of ever playing again.
Probably not a huge affect but violating the law while awaiting sentencing never helped anyone. I wonder if this court test counts as a positive for an NFL test. If it does that puts him at further risk if he gets to return as he will be one strike away from a 4 game suspension. Teams have to llok at that when deciding to sign him. Plus the incident at the airport, even though it resulted in no charges, shows a repeat, or chronic if you will, pattern of behavior. If he's willing to toke up while waiting to be sentenced, what will stop him from doing it after he's free? He's making Koren Robinson and Onterrio Smith look like MENSA candidates. Poor guy. So much talent so little common sense.

Oh, and I thought he was a reformed character, after his press interview. You know, the one where he said he'd made some mistakes in his life, and sounded really contrite..

Oh, and I thought he was a reformed character, after his press interview. You know, the one where he said he'd made some mistakes in his life, and sounded really contrite..
Are you telling me that Michael Vick didn't find God and become a reformed person and isn't trying to make Michael Vick "as better person not just a football player"?

Since the Falcons were only 50-50 chance to get even $3 million back from him, I was hoping the judge gives him a year and the Falcons can retain him and then get some return back on a trade.

Those dreams are gone........

As an attorney with experience on both the prosecutorial and defense side, I can't think of a time when a judge ignored illegal behavior before sentencing. At a minimum, I believe this tends to counter some of his good will efforts of late. With a hit to his good will, it will be easier for the judge from a public perception standpoint (assuming he cares the least bit) to give him a stiffer sentence without negative publicity towards the judge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe Vick should argue the legality issues concerning marijuana to Roger Goodell and see how far he gets.

Whaddaya think Addidas?

Vick possibly lost more money in 6 months than every resident in my entire county will in their lifetime

Amazing Vick ...... what a GREAT role model for young black men (actually any color) across this country. NOT in the way Vick wanted to be an example either - but none the less, he has become an icon of what NOT to do with your life for all young men nationwide !

OMG!! NOT MARIJUANA!!
not the issue here
:shrug: Whether or not you agree with the legality of marijuana, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that it is a bad idea to break any laws while you are awaiting sentencing. This is the time to show remorse, stay clean, and and hope the judge notes your current good behavior.And, he knew he was being tested as part of his release pending sentencing. That is the really dumb part.Judge: Don't touch that ironVick: OKlater . . .Judge: Why is your hand bandagedVick: The iron was hotJudge: :shakinghead: Idiot

He's being targeted because he's black. White America will not let him succeed. Just ask anyone who attended the ESPN Vick Town-Meeting special on Tuesday.

OMG!! NOT MARIJUANA!!
not the issue here
:shrug: Whether or not you agree with the legality of marijuana, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that it is a bad idea to break any laws while you are awaiting sentencing. This is the time to show remorse, stay clean, and and hope the judge notes your current good behavior.

And, he knew he was being tested as part of his release pending sentencing. That is the really dumb part.

Judge: Don't touch that iron

Vick: OK

later . . .

Judge: Why is your hand bandaged

Vick: The iron was hot

Judge: :shakinghead: Idiot
Given that there has been multiple instances of photos leaked onto the internet of Vick with a joint/roach in his hands, my real question is why didn't the NFL random drug tests catch him at this sooner? Just saying.... LINKBTW, I agree with Sinn Fein that regardless of the justification or lack of justification for the classification of marijuana as an illegal, controlled substance, the fact is that in the current legal climate it is a banned substance. Vick has given the sentencing Judge Hudson (already known to be harsh with sentencing) just one more reason to throw the book at him in December. That is truly self-destructive behavior, y'all. He should be attending prayer meetings 3 times a week and working in an animal shelter in between, rather than getting stoned or behaving in other illegal ways.

Vick possibly lost more money in 6 months than every resident in my entire county will in their lifetimeAmazing Vick ...... what a GREAT role model for young black men (actually any color) across this country. NOT in the way Vick wanted to be an example either - but none the less, he has become an icon of what NOT to do with your life for all young men nationwide !
Any chance he gets Tyson as his roomy? There's some seriously damaged brain cells in one room. Imagine the possible conversations. Celebrity reality inmates on NBC??????

I don't think pot is a really big deal at all and it probably should be legalized... however, Vick was still an idiot to use it in this case. Everyone's watching him, he knows they'll test, and he still does it? What a fool.

If he wanted to get ####ed up to have some fun, he should have just gotten really drunk. But no, he decides to do something illegal to have a fun time when he's under scrutiny for doing illegal things.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone... you'd have to be HIGH to put your NFL career and endorsement contracts in jeopardy over dog fighting. I mean how stupid is that... now what, he goes to jail and learns what it's like to be a WR and have the QB hit the target over and over? He might be a better QB for it!

Vick is also being sued by the Royal Canadian Bank for defaulting on a 2.5 million $ loan - LINK.

Hmmm, I wonder where all that money went?....

ya'll reckon he's wondering what the hell happened over the past 6 months ? From tens of millions in endorsements, his football career, his adoring fans, the support of the city of ATL, his ties with the Falcons owners, his millions to be made in NFL contract ........... all tossed away for a $25,000 dog fight purse

I mean, Tyson was stupid, I'll give you that, and we could name countless others, but Vick has to be one of the TOP idiots of all time, I mean seriously, did he EVER stop to think ? Even for a second ?

I bet he does now !

Kind of shocking considering the whole water-bottle "compartment" incident. I knew then he was a stoner, and I know now he is a stoner.

Ricky Williams found a new playmate......now they can keep finding others to build a team.

Chris Henry at WR...

Let's make a whole team of guys who have been busted for possesion...help me out here...who else?

Kind of shocking considering the whole water-bottle "compartment" incident. I knew then he was a stoner, and I know now he is a stoner.

Ricky Williams found a new playmate......now they can keep finding others to build a team.

Chris Henry at WR...

Let's make a whole team of guys who have been busted for possesion... help me out here...who else?
Jamaica may be interested in an expansion team. Every team needs a possession reciever!

Users who are viewing this thread